• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oh snapplecakes. The Assassins Creed Saga takes another turn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bry-bry

Mrbob said:
Of course not. But I do expect a 360 logo since the game is "supposedly" coming out the same time and has been referenced at X05.

The Xbots are the main reason UBI has transformed into the upcoming powerhouse the company is becoming, and with their biggest next gen game it seems like they have turned their backs on the people who have made the company what it is. This is potential FF7 level betrayalton.

:lol :lol :lol

Speevy

Banned
Mrbob said:
So you think it was the Sony fans picking up the millions of copies of Ghost Recons and Splinter Cells?

It wasn't.

GRAW is already at over 700K sold in the USA alone. UBI's main fanbase is on the Xbox platform(s), there is no denying this.

Ubisoft as a company rose to prominence with both Playstation and Xbox platforms, and it's not like the Tom Clancy games bombed on the PS2.

But more importantly, Ubisoft has been and is offering the Xbox 360 tons of support, and will continue to do so in the future.

Saying Ubisoft turned its back on Xbox fans is like saying that because of Dead Rising and Lost Planet, Capcom turned its back on PS3 fans.

Mrbob said:
The Xbots are the main reason UBI has transformed into the upcoming powerhouse the company is becoming, and with their biggest next gen game it seems like they have turned their backs on the people who have made the company what it is. This is potential FF7 level betrayalton.
What the hell are you talking about? Ubisoft has turned things around due to raising the quality of their games while trying to stay console agnostic.

oBa

To further beat this dead horse, this is from the official forums:

D: “Is this game really PS3 exclusive?!” threads

Stop making them please. We've had to lock half the threads on this board already because everyone and their dog made a new one about this one subject, and it's getting a bit annoying now. At this stage all platforms other than PS3 are unconfirmed - when that changes an official announcement will be made. In the meantime you can discuss your feelings regarding the game being PS3 exclusive/multi-platform in this thread (just picked the longest one to stay open and closed all the rest).

From now on, anyone who starts a new thread about this topic will be met with a three day suspension.

So lets move on please, discussing this further is pointless at the moment.

shpankey

not an idiot
from all acounts the game is not only coming to 360, but is already running on the dev system. the game is coming to 360. nothing to see here... move along.

Speevy

Banned
oBa said:
To further beat this dead horse, this is from the official forums:

So lets move on please, discussing this further is pointless at the moment.

OH SNAPPLECRACKERS ANOTHER DEVELOPMENT

Borys

Banned
Mrbob why are you arguing with Speevy?

You are a cool guy, he is the opposite.

You won't breach a 20 meters thick MS-certified skull you know.

Morbo

D: “Is this game really PS3 exclusive?!” threads

Stop making them please. We've had to lock half the threads on this board already because everyone and their dog made a new one about this one subject, and it's getting a bit annoying now. At this stage all platforms other than PS3 are unconfirmed - when that changes an official announcement will be made. In the meantime you can discuss your feelings regarding the game being PS3 exclusive/multi-platform in this thread (just picked the longest one to stay open and closed all the rest).

From now on, anyone who starts a new thread about this topic will be met with a three day suspension.

When, not if, aha.

Speevy

Banned
Borys said:
Mrbob why are you arguing with Speevy?

You are a cool guy, he is the opposite.

You won't breach a 20 meters thick MS-certified skull you know.

You might actually want to read the thread and his posts before arriving at such a conclusion.

Mrbob

Poor Speevy he can't handle any "perceived" negativity towards a MS platform.

Anyway, we are all going around in circles at the moment.. Until the 360 version is officially announced, it is laughable to make the argument that this version is set in stone to hit same day and date as the PS3 version.

Gigglepoo

Mrbob said:
The 360 version has never been officially announced, yet it is supposedly coming. But there is zero proof!

The proof lies in Sony's quote that they don't need 3rd party exclusives coupled with Ubi Soft almost never developing a title for a single platform.

Which isn't really proof at all, is it? Circumstantial evidence maybe... but isn't that enough? One could make the argument that the PS3 will get it exclusive for a few months, but, unless Sony dished out a ton of cash (which it doesn't seem they are willing to do anymore) I can't see Ubi missing Christmas with their biggest title. If it sells to half the PS3 owners that's a million seller. If it sells to half the X360 owners that's a 5 million seller. Where should they logically go?

That's right - PS2 and NES

Speevy

Banned
Mrbob said:
Poor Speevy he can't handle any "perceived" negativity towards a MS platform.

No, I'd have entertained a big thread called "Xbox 360 sucks" before this mess. This is called stirring the pot. You knew it had no signficance. You knew the platform, as mentioned on IGN, Gamespot, Game Informer, EGM, and dozens of other sites is thus far only the PS3. If it comes to the X360, fine. If it doesn't, well, a bunch of people were wrong. It's not really worth such discussion.

Mrbob said:
Until the 360 version is officially announced, it is laughable to make the argument that this version is set in stone to hit same day and date as the PS3 version.
Based on Ubisoft's track record, most people can safely assume AC will be multi-platform.

You jumping to conclusions about AC being PS3 exclusive by disregarding Ubisoft's dev patterns is just as laughable.

Mrbob

Speevy said:
You might actually want to read the thread and his posts before arriving at such a conclusion.

Actually you make a good point here. Why are you in this thread anyway? You admitted with your latest post that you don't care if Assassin's Creed comes to 360 or not.

"If It comes to 360, fine. If it doesn't, a bunch of people were wrong. Not worth the discussion."

So why are you constantly posting in a thread when you have admitted you don't have interest in this game.

The difference for me is that this is on my top 3 most anticipated next gen games. I'll take Assassins Creed over all next gen games not named Halo 3 or Ninja Gaiden 2.

Mr Furious I do think AC will come to 360 eventually, but a even one day late is one day too long. :/

And with that said I'm done with this thread.

FOCKER OUT.

Speevy

Banned
Your reading comprehension is amazing.

I never said I have no interest in the game. I said I (and anyone else who wishes to keep their sanity) should let this die until we hear more.

This "Saga takes another turn" crap is a figment of your imagination.

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
wowzers - does this mean the port of the X360 version to the PS3 will hit the market first? freaky!

OatmealMu

DCharlie said:
wowzers - does this mean the port of the X360 version to the PS3 will hit the market first? freaky!

What do you think would happen if the 360 port was released, then the PS3 version cancelled thereafter? TIME PARADOX!

GhaleonEB

Mrbob said:
Of course not. But I do expect a 360 logo since the game is "supposedly" coming out the same time and has been referenced at X05.
BUT NOT YET ANNOUNCED BY THE PUBLISHER

They'll put up the logo, if and when it's announced.

This just in: Lost Planet site only shows the 360 logo. Should I make a thread about it?

ralexand

100% logic failure rate
I won't believe the game is coming to the 360 until ubi announces it. It's obvious that if Ubi isn't talking about a 360 version then there is a reason for that. Btw there is ps2 logo there. Was it announced for the ps2?

llTll

Banned
ralexand said:
I won't believe the game is coming to the 360 until ubi announces it. It's obvious that if Ubi isn't talking about a 360 version then there is a reason for that. Btw there is ps2 logo there. Was it announced for the ps2?

i didnt see a ps2 logo. all i saw is the offical playstation logo [ the P.S. ] which is not ps2 logo. its been there since playstation 1

Borys

Banned
It's amazing how far will the anti-PS3, pro-Xbox movement go to dig a ****ing CHASM under a promising, very good looking PS3 title.

Yes, I won't buy a PS3 and Assassin's Creed because some bitter dudes on a forum say it's coming to 360, without ANY kind of proof, lying in the face of info posted on game's OFFICIAL site.

Damn, you just blew my mind and sold me a Xbox 360.

Not.

Borys said:
It's amazing how far will the anti-PS3, pro-Xbox movement go to dig a ****ing CHASM under a promising, very good looking PS3 title.

Yes, I won't buy a PS3 and Assassin's Creed because some bitter dudes on a forum say it's coming to 360, without ANY kind of proof, lying in the face of info posted on game's OFFICIAL site.

Not.

Do you honestly think that this game will be fully exclusive to PS3?

It might be exclusive for 6-12 months, but there's no way in hell that it'll be a full exclusive. I'm willing to bet on that.

Also I don't see anyone here bashing the game, it looks awesome and there's no denying that. If by some chance it is a full exclusive to PS3 (in bizzaro world where Ubi has taken a page out of Konami/Square's book) I would easily get a PS3 for this one game alone.

llTll

Banned
Pedigree Chum said:
Do you honestly think that this game will be fully exclusive to PS3?

It might be exclusive for 6-12 months, but there's no way in hell that it'll be a full exclusive. I'm willing to bet on that.

Also I don't see anyone here bashing the game, it looks awesome and there's no denying that. If by some chance it is a full exclusive to PS3 (in bizzaro world where Ubi has taken a page out of Konami/Square's book) I would easily get a PS3 for this one game alone.

knowing Ubisoft. i will agree with you on no way in hell to be fully exclusive. but here is the thing. YOU NEVER KNOW.

my guess? much like how was Splinter Cell timed exclusive for xbox, i expect the same for this one. unless Sony bought full exclusive deal with this game a sequal for it or so

pilonv1

llTll said:
my guess? much like how was Splinter Cell timed exclusive for xbox, i expect the same for this one. unless Sony bought full exclusive deal with this game a sequal for it or so

It's like GTA:SA. Everyone knew it was coming to Xbox but there was no Xbox logo on the website or advertising. Then lo and behold 6 months later the Xbox version was announced. If you're paying for timed exclusivity you at least want to create the image that it won't see the light of day on another console otherwise it's a waste of money.

Zaptruder

Banned
Speevy said:

But he has! That's why he arrived at such a conclusion!

*badump chh!*

Ok, I'm done here. :p

shpankey

not an idiot
Borys said:

Not.
are you high? :lol

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Its likely that the game will be out on X360. But nothing is announced yet. Thats all the information we have, so what do you want from us?

Its not out for ages, so no point beating yourself up.

Just wait until its out, then either they'll announce the 360 version shortly after, or you'll need to decide whether to buy a PS3

This is one of the stupidest threads I've seen in recent memory. I quite honestly cannot even tell if it's real or if Mrbob is drunk or joking or has had his account hijacked. I'm being totally serious too, I hope it's not real. I don't know how anybody could possibly not understand this.

If they have only announced one platform, that's the only platform whose logo they will use. To use an Xbox 360 logo would be announcing the game for Xbox 360, which they haven't done yet.

My brain is about to explode from the idiocy of this discussion. There is no "another turn," there are no "snapplecakes," there is absolutely nothing any different from the situation a week ago, or a month ago, or two months ago. It's the same exact situation.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Chris Remo said:
This is one of the stupidest threads I've seen in recent memory. I quite honestly cannot even tell if it's real or if Mrbob is drunk or joking or has had his account hijacked. I'm being totally serious too, I hope it's not real. I don't know how anybody could possibly not understand this.

If they have only announced one platform, that's the only platform whose logo they will use. To use an Xbox 360 logo would be announcing the game for Xbox 360, which they haven't done yet.

My brain is about to explode from the idiocy of this discussion. There is no "another turn," there are no "snapplecakes," there is absolutely nothing any different from the situation a week ago, or a month ago, or two months ago. It's the same exact situation.

Yeah. This thread is what happens when fantasy and reality collide.

llTll

Banned
pilonv1 said:
It's like GTA:SA. Everyone knew it was coming to Xbox but there was no Xbox logo on the website or advertising. Then lo and behold 6 months later the Xbox version was announced. If you're paying for timed exclusivity you at least want to create the image that it won't see the light of day on another console otherwise it's a waste of money.

bingo.

and in this case, i would rather play it on ps3 version. not because it only come first, and i dont have to wait for at least half a year, i will also get the best version in terms of graphics since its basicly created for ps3 [ dont want to go to ps3 vs xbox 360 :p ]

bud

professor_t said:
Most of Ubisoft's big games are console exclusives.

For example, there's . . .

And the of course we have . . .

Who could ever forget . . .

Oh, that's right, almost all of their games are multiplatform.

I'll bet anyone, right now, that Assassin's Creed shows up on the Xbox360. Fifty bucks. Let's go. This money's burning a whole in my pocket. Who wants some?
red steel

mrklaw

MrArseFace
llTll said:
bingo.

and in this case, i would rather play it on ps3 version. not because it only come first, and i dont have to wait for at least half a year, i will also get the best version in terms of graphics since its basicly created for ps3 [ dont want to go to ps3 vs xbox 360 :p ]

I agree. Ubisoft are multiplatform publishers, but they do have a habit of pushing the lead platform, and porting to others. So if Assassins Creed is leading on PS3, its likely to be the best version to own (especially if its six months to the 360 version)

jarosh

Chris Remo said:

choc%20chip%20cookie.jpg

llTll said:
bingo.

Thread bookmarked for post 360 release crow-eating.

The PS3 version will have motion control anyway, definitive version. Oh and rumble alternative won't cut it compared to weaving through the crowds.

Aryuken

Banned
JEsus Christ will you give it a break? Let them announce it first. Its not like the Ps3 and Assassins Creed have already launched, i don't know whats the worry to know RIGHT NOW if its true or not.

Wait for Xo6 or TGs. Give it a break. Man you are way too sensationalist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom