• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Big PSP Title Next Week??? No, it's just Monster Hunter 2

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
jj984jj said:
His comment is strange since Matix also listed:

-New Original Campaign/Story

... before all that other stuff you copies off his list.

No, I didn't, however I did see Matix's topic on NGG. He got his info from somewhere else and translated it. I got my info from jeux-France.com, two different sources are for sure to have variations of the same info, add in the fact that we're using internet translators and it gets even worse.

I wouldn't copy and not give credit. :\

Also, I only posted what I got translated here because I didn't see it here yet.

Oh, okay. I'm just skimming this thread, so I didn't see any posts confirming any other details other than online. My mistake.

Ironically really, I couldn't sell my friend on the first MHP, so couldn't adhoc any multiplayer. With infrastructure I don't need him to adhoc it, yet that'll probably be enough to convince him to get it.

jj984jj said:
Given that I made a prediction, I was also laughing at my-self. I'm not celebrating anything, when a person laughs it does not always mean that they are celebrating.

I'll accept that answer if you'll accept mine without giving me a hard time about it, how's that sound?

It is online.

That was something I was wondering about, thanks.

Xiaoki

I for one am not dissappointed that this big announcement turned out to be MH2 for PSP with online confirmed

HOWEVER

This means nothing if it doesn't come out over here.
Still nothing on MH2 PS2 in English and it's been almost 6 months since the Japanese version released.
Just hope the sales for MHF are good enough.

Can someone point out to me the spot in the Famitsu article where it confirms infrastructure support? Because I don't see it anywhere, and I've been staring at my copy of the magazine for the past 30 minutes.

Mook1e

AndriaSang said:
Can someone point out to me the spot in the Famitsu article where it confirms infrastructure support? Because I don't see it anywhere, and I've been staring at my copy of the magazine for the past 30 minutes.
Ya, this is exactly what i've been saying.
The first version said infrastructure as well, and it was just the downloadable content.

Razoric said:
:lol :lol

-* Alert! Alert! Negative comment about DS! *-

-- All N-Soldiers to your chairs! Bring up sales, use chart if necessary! --

Hahaha after 10 years of having sony fans do that in every nintendo thread it seems that the gaming world is ruled by an eye for an eye.

Monster Hunter2 wtf? Who cares? I didnt even get monster Hunter Freedom cause I was dissapointed with the first. Where the **** is info on Crisis Core!!!!

Galdor

Famitsu Planning Another PSP Scoop
This time, it's an all new simulation RPG

July 12, 2006 - Last week, Japan's Famitsu Weekly announced plans for an exclusive scoop where it would unveil a PSP sequel on the pages of this week's issue. The surprise title turned out to be Monster Hunter Portable 2nd, the sequel to Japan's best selling PSP title to date.

But the fun isn't over yet for PSP owners. This week's Famitsu is home to the promise of a PSP scoop in next week's issue. The magazine promises first details on a new simulation RPG for the system. From what we can see, this will be an all new title, and not a sequel.

Of course, we'll have to wait until next week's issue hits stands to find out what's going down. Until then, feel free to speculate away!
http://psp.ign.com/articles/718/718189p1.html

An all new title. Let's hope it will be better than this 'surprise'.

ant1532

Banned
how is monster hunter for psp? I never played any of them but the psp one is the best selling game for it, so it must be good. Should I rent the ps2 one, buy the psp one, or wait for 2nd psp one?

teepo

famitsu is a japanese publication
monster hunter is the biggest franchise on the psp in japan
famitsu promises a big scoop on a sequel to a popular series on the psp
ign reports on this
a few idiots think famitsu would get an exclusive on vice city stories even though neither lcs or even sa is out in japan
it turns out to be monster hunter 2

hmmm

Wow - this game looks really nice.

Sony needs more PSP price drops so poor clods can stop rationalizing NintenD00DS 1995 3D and move up out of the portable gaming ghetto like George and Weezie.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
teepo said:
famitsu is a japanese publication
monster hunter is the biggest franchise on the psp in japan
famitsu promises a big scoop on a sequel to a popular series on the psp
ign reports on this
a few idiots think famitsu would get an exclusive on vice city stories even though neither lcs or even sa is out in japan
it turns out to be monster hunter 2

hmmm

I like you.

Seriously, though. I'd be just as eager as the next forumer to bash IGN, but...this ain't their fault, you know.

Mmmkay

typhonsentra said:
What the hell's a simulation RPG?
I thought they were like; Come See Me Tonight, Snow Drop, The Maid's Story, and the classic 'Ring Out'?

Oh... no, wait I've misplaced a letter somewhere haven't I.

duckroll

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Simulation RPG...

PSP...

Next-week...

Nipponichi announcement next-week....

Disgaea or new IP from N1 for PSP, mystery solved

The new Nipponichi game is a collaberation ADV with Fog(*) called Rain Grid Mansion (Amegoushi no tachi) for the PS2. So.... probably not.

* - http://www.fog.jp/

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
For those saying Disgaea, what part of "not a sequel" is hard to understand? Unless... it's a spin-off.

typhonsentra said:
This time I'm not laughing at my-self this time.

duckroll said:
The new Nipponichi game is a collaberation ADV with Fog(*) called Rain Grid Mansion (Amegoushi no tachi) for the PS2. So.... probably not.

* - http://www.fog.jp/
So...we were seeing too much in the dots :lol

Then, uhm, Super Robot Taisen? not sequel...so original entry? Its difficult this time...

Kurosaki Ichigo said:
Then, uhm, Super Robot Taisen? not sequel...so original entry? Its difficult this time...

That'd be something for them to hype as being big givent he popularity of the Robot Taisen games, but they didn't. I get the feeling that its going to be another SRPG from Idea Factory given that's all they seem to make.

Top Bottom