• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf 2012 Backlog Blitz - Where we give the middle finger to Steam sales

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I finished THREE games last weekend — that's unprecedented for me, as I'm pretty sure I've gone through entire years without reaching that number. How sad.

Bought in 2012
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
SSX
Max Payne 3

Beat in 2012
Rock Band 3
FEAR
Max Payne 3 (still playing occasionally, though — too good to shelve just yet)
Dead Space
Mirror's Edge

Score = +3

Max Payne 3 was so, so awesome. One of the coolest, most bad-ass games I've ever played. It's an extremely straight-forward experience, where you kill thousands of guys, but somehow it never gets old. One of the most satisfying shooters in a long, long time.

Dead Space was similarly excellent. I'm ashamed that it took me so long to finish it. I had started it a couple of years ago, and just decided to marathon through the last third over the weekend. Definitely one of my favorite games of the generation, and probably the most immersive for me. I already own DS2, so I'll get to that eventually.

Mirror's Edge is another game that I've owned for a long time, and just decided to finally play through it since I knew it was short. I had really high hopes for this one, but it didn't reach them, unfortunately. It's certainly a unique game, and a pretty good one, but the pacing and clunky combat hurt it for me. Not enough speed.

Thores

May Update

Main Post
Backloggery

Q1 Update
April Update

Bought in May 2012: -9
Beaten in May 2012: +2
Score in 2012 Pre-May: +2
Current Score: -5

Bought:

Metroid Prime (GC)- Realized that I was probably never going to get a reasonably priced copy of Metroid Prime Trilogy, so I got this used. Almost bought Echoes alongside it, figured maybe I should beat this one first. Was probably a good call since I haven't even touched it yet.

Azure Dreams (PS1)- Found this used for about half the cheapest Amazon price, and I loved this game when I rented it as a kid. I wonder if it's aged even remotely well.

Infinite Space- $35 for a new copy meant that I actually gave money to Gamestop today. Probably staying in the backlog for a while, but it's a deal I had to take advantage of.

Flower Sun and Rain (DS)- This game officially put me in the negative. I had done so well for the first third of the year, too. Oh well, Suda 51 games always tend to be unique experiences (if not always good ones) and $10 new was hard to argue with.

Dragon's Dogma (PS3)- Caved in and bought this, partially for how promising it looked. Mostly cause a couple of other friends bought the game and the three of us shared our pawns with each other to make a team based off of a Pokemon Tabletop Adventures campaign we ran together. Anyway there were already a couple of disappointments right out the gate (only one save file per account is a HUGE one), but it is a neat game so far.

Psychonauts (PC)- Fucking Humble Indie Bundle 5.

Limbo (PC)- Fucking Humble Indie Bundle 5!

Bastion (PC)- FUCKING HUMBLE INDIE BUNDLE 5. (I already owned Amnesia and Superbrothers prior to buying this bundle and am therefore not counting em in my total.)

Art Style: PiCTOBiTS- This was one of the May Rewards at Club Nintendo, and I redeemed it about 15 minutes before the site switched over to June rewards. I actually beat it today, but I'll count that towards my June total.

Beaten:

Kid Icarus Uprising- Plowed through the whole thing over the course of a weekend. Surprisingly solid delivery from Sakurai that pretty successfully drew me in. Should have known I could trust him. I hope a shitload of material from this game made it into Smash 4.

Xenoblade Chronicles- Lv81, 125:41hrs. I finally did it. That hourcount is me doing a shitload of sidequests before the final boss, by the way. I couldn't get enough of them. It was just so much of a blast to fill up the affinity chart and (post-Satori Marsh spoilers)
rebuild Colony 6
, the interactions I could have with the world were just so well done. I might have to mull this over for a bit longer, but this might be my favorite JRPG of the generation.

On The Horizon:

I don't have a lot of disposable income for games this month. Fortunately, the only one I really want that's coming out that soon is Pokemon Conquest. Other than that, if I even get it, I'll be trying to go through more stuff I already own. More Dragon's Dogma is probably happening, and after that I'm kinda eyeing Psychonauts. Who knows what I'll be in the mood for besides that.

stonedwal

Really productive week, though I was already quite far in most of what I polished off.

Bought in 2012: -5
Beaten in 2012: +35
Current Score: +30

Bought:
Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS)
Mass Effect 3 (360)
Yakuza: Dead Souls (PS3)
Binary Domain (PS3)
Diablo III (PC)

Beaten:
Shadows of the Damned (PS3)
Mortal Kombat Armageddon (Wii)
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (Xbox)
Total Overdose (Xbox)
Deathrow (Xbox)
Sid Meier's Pirates! (Xbox)
Sly 2: Band of Thieves (PS3, Sly Trilogy)
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves (PS3, Sly Trilogy)
The House of the Dead: Overkill - Director's Cut (PS3)
Urban Chaos: Riot Response (Xbox)
NBA Jam (PS3)
Banjo-Tooie (XBLA)
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (3DS)
Dead Island (360)
God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PS3, Origins Collection)
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (GCN)
Resident Evil 0 (GCN)
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast (PS3)
Mass Effect 3 (360)
WWE Day of Reckoning (GCN)
WWE Day of Reckoning 2 (GCN)
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 (360)
Binary Domain (PS3)
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (PS3)
Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage (PS3)
Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Wii)
Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce (360)
The Saboteur (360)
Crysis 2 (360)
Sonic Generations (360)
Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Wii)
Project Snowblind (Xbox)
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (PS3, POP Trilogy)
Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble (DS)
MadWorld (Wii)

Warrior Within is crap. It's not the rock soundtrack or the attitude of the character, its the needless backtracking. Sands of Time was such a focused experience, Warrior Within feels like a rush job - as evidenced by the glitches. Played on the PS3 trilogy instead of the Xbox in the hopes I wouldn't run into the game breaking bugs. This was my fourth attempt to try and play through it - glad its over. Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble was quite good, if a little short/easy. MadWorld I have mixed feelings about, but was surprised how quickly I blew through the back half of the game.

Currently playing:
Yakuza 2: Only played the first hour, but I've been looking forward to playing through this one for ages.

entremet

Bought in 2012
1. Skyward Sword
2. Mario Kart 7
3. Super Mario 3DLand
4. Kirby's Epic Yarn
5. Journey
6. Trials Evolution

Cleared in 2012
1. Skyward Sword
2. Mass Effect 2: Arrival
3. Super Mario 3DLand
4. Mario Kart 7
5. DKCR
6. Journey

vall03

Very productive month for me. Got ArtStyle: PiCTOBiTS for free from Club Nintendo, very great puzzle game which gets really crazy as you progress. G.G Series Dark Spirits was an impulse buy since I saw that I had a few dollars left in my 3DS when I redeemed ArtStyle: PiCTOBiTS. Simple shmup with a weird scoring system, well worth the price though. Found a copy of Atelier Totori so I got right away before someone else since the Atelier games are quite rare in my country. DoDonPachi Resurrection was on sale from Play-Asia, the tax I paid was a killer though. Bought To the Moon since I was craving for some different games since I had trouble playing games around early May. Loved the story along with the awesome music. My problem with the game is whether or not using an RPG style gameplay was right since for some reason I don't think it was appropriate and kinda slowed down the pacing of the game overall.

Didn't actually buy Cherry Tree High Comedy Club though since I'm still waiting for the Steam version so I ended up playing it on my friends laptop, fun game with good humor and perfect localization since they were able to translate the game with good quirks in the script. Also finished Don't take it personally since I accidentally opened it and just played it. I liked the concept especially the twist at the end and is also my personal take on all hubbub when it comes to all these privacy issues people are complaining about around the net. Torchlight, Rock of Ages, and Amnesia are games I never finished though. Couldn't get into the loot games but Im not sure whether its my fault or the games fault. Rock of Ages was fun for a while but for some reason lost its novelty to me around the middle of the game. Amnesia was fucking scary and Im not usually scared of horror games but quite a few times I felt like my heart skipped a beat and I'd consider it finished since it was really a great experience with great atmosphere. I don't really know what to say about Portal, its was good, weird and I liked the mechanics and it was really a different experience compared to what is usually being released this gen.

Now playing Psychonauts and Im almost in the final dungeon and have 31/37 achievements, really love the game so Im going to 100% this. Too lazy to update my backloggery though after I sold quite a lot of my games last month.

http://www.backloggery.com/vall03

May: -5
ArtStyle: PiCTOBiTS
G.G Series Dark Spirits
Atelier Totori: Adventurer of Arland
DoDonPachi Resurrection
To the Moon

May: +10
ArtStyle: PiCTOBiTS
G.G Series Dark Spirits
Cherry Tree High Comedy Club
Don't take it personally
DoDonPachi Resurrection
To the Moon
Torchlight
Rock of Ages
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Portal

Purchased: -32
Finished: +49

Jan: +6
Feb: +6
Mar: -1
Apr: +1
May: +5

Total Points: +17

Since I posted last month, I've bought more (Damn you, Humble Bundle!) than have beaten. However, going between Xenoblade and Dark Souls (both have over 60 hours logged in), most time has been invested in those. I'm at the end of Xenoblade and just beat Dark Souls within the past hour. So excited.

Updated for June (damn you Humble Bundle!):

My Backloggery (feel free to add!)

Bought in 2012: 15
Beat in 2012: 13
Current Score: -2

Bought (15):
Amnesia: The Dark Descent (PC)
Bastion (PC)
Dark Souls (PS3)
Limbo (PC)
Journey (PSN)
Persona 3 Portable (PSP/Vita)
Pixeljunk Eden (PSN)
Pixeljunk Shooter (PSN)
Psychonauts (PC)
Sin & Punishment: Star Successor (Wii)
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery (PC)
Super Stardust Delta (Vita)
Tales From Outer Space: Mutant Blob Attacks (Vita)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita)
Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)

Beat (13):
Calling (Wii)
Dark Souls (PS3)
DJ Hero 2 (PS3)
Jamestown (PC)
Jounrey (PSN)
Kirby: Return to Dreamland (Wii)
Klonoa (Wii)
Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (PS3)
Pixeljunk Shooter (PSN)
Super Stardust Delta (Vita)
Tales From Outer Space: Mutant Blob Attacks (Vita)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS3)

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
I really don't want to include Steam games, but I eventually might. The problem is I have 95 Steam games (less than 10 complete. A lot of the games are multiplayer only), many of which I got in bundles. Not really sure how many of them I'm going to play.

Also assuming you start with a score of 0 at the time of posting your list.

Playstation 2:
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts 2
.hack//infection
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII
Persona 4
Dragon Quest VIII
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne

Xbox Original:
Hitman: Contracts
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Breakdown
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Ninja Gaiden
Jet Set Radio Future

Gamecube:
Killer 7

Wii:
Sakura Wars: So Long My Love
Metroid Trilogy
Metroid: Other M
Monster Hunter Tri
Xenoblade Chronicles

Xbox 360:
Bulletwitch
Silent Hill: Homecoming
PGR3
Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection
Battlefield 3
Deadly Premonition
Catherine
Dead Or Alive Xtreme 2
Record of Agarest War
Earth Defense Force 2017
Dragons Dogma
The Witcher II

Beaten:
Persona 3: FES (Loved it)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Loved it)
Dead Space 2 (Enjoyed it)
Hitman: Blood Money (Loved it)
Mass Effect 1 (Loved it)
Mass Effect 2 (Enjoyed it)
Dark Souls (Loved it)

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Kinda forgot to update with all the E3 hoopla.

Beaten in 2012: 17

May

Ace Attourney: Justice For All (5/1) -- I enjoyed the game but that last chapter was a hell of a slog. My only real big complaints with the series so far are the long-winded characters (seriously sometimes it takes forever to move the plot along) and the way some of the trial progression works. I hate the fact that the games aren't about figuring out the solution to the mystery but figuring out how the game wants you to solve it.
Xenoblade Chronicles (5/5) -- One of the few games I paid full price for this generation and after 160 hours of enjoyment I am quite happy with my purchase.
Nights: Journey of Dreams (5/9) -- Hoover and Dyson should consult with Sonic Team to learn their secrets to make things suck. Calling this game awful is being polite.
The Bourne Conspiracy (5/14) -- Another game I cranked out quickly. Surprisingly fun but very repetitive. Much like the movies the hand to hand combat lasts so long they become boring. This is made even worse with the boss fights.
Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent (5/24) -- A fun little Layton clone set in the Grickle universe. There are only 37 puzzles and a good number of them are rehashes of other puzzles. I found all of the puzzles to be quite easy. Still it was a fun distraction.

Previous games played:
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (1/1)
Flight Control HD (1/5)
Dungeons of Dredmor (1/12)
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (1/24)
Bastion (2/2)
No More Heroes (2/23)
Endless Ocean (2/24)
Limbo (2/28)
Ben There, Dan That (3/7)
Tidalis (3/10)
Endless Ocean: Blue World (3/20)
Time Gentlemen, Please (3/27)

Bought: 11
The Ball
Beep
Forza Motorsport 2
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
Nikpol: Secrets of the Immortals
P.A.M.
Sideway: New York
Wasteland Angel
Xenoblade Chronicles
Xotic
Zoo Tycoon 2

Total Score: 6

Not looking forward to next month's update when my number drops into the negatives for the first time all year. :(

Superbrothers: Sword and Sorcery EP (iOS) is done.

I was conflicted but inevitably decided to put my 2 iOS games into my official backlog, so it looks like I bought 2 but I didn't. I'm not counting them as new purchased games since I've had them all along.

Man, I did not like this game. It was too slow and boring for me. About half way through I decided to quit, but an hour later I decided to just trudge through it (with Gamefaqs) rather than straight up quit, especially since it's so short. Once the credits finished, I deleted it off my iPad with gusto. The controls were good enough for the slow parts, but the few times you needed to be fast, it was frustrating. So glad it's done, good riddance.

Puts me at +13, for now

Beat: (+15)
1. LA Noire: Complete Edition
2. Shadows of the Damned
3. Uncharted 3
4. Kinect Adventures
5. No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise
6. Bionic Commando Rearmed 2
7. Duke Nukem Forever
8. Alan Wake's American Nightmare
9. Outland
10. Mass Effect 3
11. God of War: Origins Collection: Chains of Olympus
12. Ms. 'Splosion Man
13. God of War: Origins Collection: Ghost of Sparta
14. Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Wii version)
15. Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP (iOS)

Bought: (-2)
1. Alan Wake's American Nightmare
2. Mass Effect 3

Backlog now at: 21
http://backloggery.com/gryphter

Lollipop Chainsaw is day 1 purchase for me, so that will be bought and beat real soon. Hoping to fit The Gunstringer in before it comes out.

Arukado

Updated 07/04/12

Purchased in 2012: -14
Ridge Racer Type 4
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth
Ace Combat Joint Assault
Infamous Festival Of Blood
Wipeout 2048
Motorstorm RC
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Sonic Generations
Front Mission 3
Legend Of Grimrock
Gravity Rush
Everybody's Golf
DEHR ~ Missing Link

Beaten in 2012: +18
Infamous Festival Of Blood
Sonic 4 Episode I (PC)
Wipeout Pulse + 4 DLC
Ridge Racer Type 4
Ace Combat Joint Assault
Wipeout 2048
Motorstorm RC [Platinum]
Mass Effect 2
Sonic 4 Episode I (A)
Silent Hill Homecoming
Sonic Generations [Platinum]
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Little Big Planet 2
Child Of Eden
Gravity Rush [Platinum]
Portal 2
Resonance Of Fate

Total: +4 :)

Currently Playing:
Everybody's Golf
Wipeout 2048 ~ HD DLC
Wipeout 2048 ~ Fury DLC
Limbo
Bioshock 2

On Hold: (I'll keep playing them when the time comes)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Legend Of Grimrock
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth
Oblivion GOTY

uncleslappy

nethack is my favorite dark souls clone
I've posted this blog a few times on Gaf, but I've been blogging through my backlog for almost two years now.

YEAR ONE:
JUNE 2010 - JUNE 2011

1) Final Fantasy XIII +1
2) Castlevania +1
3) Silent Hill +1
4) Halo +1
5) Donkey Kong Country +1
6) God of War III -1
7) Harry Potter 2 +1
8) Zelda II +1
9) a boy and his blob (Wii) +1
10) Castle Crashers +1
11) Super Metroid +1
12) Shadow Complex +1
13) Doom +1
14) Kingdom Hearts 2 +1
15) Bit.Trip Beat +1
16) Batman Arkham Asylum -1
17) Star Fox 64 +1
18) Super Castlevania IV +1
19) Portal 2 -1

19 - 3 = +16

YEAR TWO:
JUNE 2011 - JUNE 2012

20) Ninja Gaiden (NES) +1
21) Super Mario 64 +1
22) Ratchet & Clank 3 +1
23) Bioshock 2 -1
24) Kirby's Adventure +1
25) Ico +1
26) Mario Kart 64 +1
27) Zelda: Skyward Sword -1
28) Rayman Origins -1
29) Batman Arkham City -1

10 - 4 = +6

Here's the blog if you're interested.

ghibli99

Slow progress with both DKC3 (first level of the 3rd world) and Rayman Origins (only 3 stages in after 1 week). I have a feeling June isn't going to be as productive as May!

Johnas

Slow progress with both DKC3 (first level of the 3rd world) and Rayman Origins (only 3 stages in after 1 week). I have a feeling June isn't going to be as productive as May!

What's up with you and Mega Man these days? Are you waiting a while to play 9 and 10?

I have not played any of the DKC games, but I've almost bought all three a few times recently.

The Gunstringer (plus the free Wavy Tube Man Chronicles DLC) is done.

The Gunstringer was good. In the grand scheme of Twisted Pixel games, I put it probably dead last, though. Wavy Tube Man Chronicles DLC got some laughs out of me but seriously, wtf? It's super weird.

Puts me at +14, for now

Beat: (+16)
2. Shadows of the Damned
3. Uncharted 3
4. Kinect Adventures
7. Duke Nukem Forever
9. Outland
10. Mass Effect 3
12. Ms. 'Splosion Man
16. The Gunstringer

Bought: (-2)
2. Mass Effect 3

Backlog now at: 20

Lollipop Chainsaw is day 1 purchase for me, so that will be bought and beat real soon. No games will be played until then, still sticking with my 1 game at a time rule and I don't want to be in the middle of something before Lollipop Chainsaw.

ghibli99

What's up with you and Mega Man these days? Are you waiting a while to play 9 and 10?
I hit a wall with 8 for some reason. Probably just too much Mega Man in a very short amount of time. I'd originally started DKC3 before my MM marathon, so I want to finish that before getting back to the Blue Bomber. I really want to get through 8, though, so that I can see what 9 and 10 are all about. :)

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
I have fallen way behind since my February update...

Bought in 2012: 20
Lume
W40k DoW2: Chaos Rising
W40k DoW2: Retribution
W40k Space Marine
Yakuza 4
_________
Journey
Civilization V
Driver San Francisco
Legend of Grimrock
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
Monkey Island 2: Special Edition
Mini Ninjas
Dear Esther
Lone Survivor
Zeno Clash
LIMBO
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Psychonauts
Alice: Madness Returns
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown

Completed in 2012: 13
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (PC, 23h)
Mass Effect 2 (PC, 29h)
Portal 2 (PC, 5.5h)
Bastion (PC, 4.5h)
Saints Row: The Third (PC, 15h)
W40k Space Marine (PC, 6.5h)
W40k DoW2: Chaos Rising (PC, 13h) - It totally caught me off-guard, it has the best campaign of all the Dawn of War games and even offers replay value as it changes depending on your choices.
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown (PS3, 10 minutes maybe for the Arcade Mode...but I'm definitely gonna play the multiplayer for a long time)
Alice: Madness Returns (PC, 12.5h)
Civilization V (PC, got around 20h into it and I'm just gonna wait for the expansion)

Curret Score: -7

...but it's still not as bad as I thought

Glaurungr

Backloggery. New entries in italic:

Bought: -69

• A Kingdom for Keflings
  • Amnesia: The Dark Descent
  • Ancients of Ooga
  • Avadon: The Black Fortress
  • Band of Bugs
  • BEEP
  • Beyond Zork: The Coconut of Quendor
  • Bunch of Heroes
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
  • Canabalt
  • Cloning Clyde
  • Critical Mass
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Dungeon Defenders: Etherian Festival of Love
  • Dungeon Defenders: President's Day
  • Faerie Solitaire
  • Fortix 2
  • Fractal
  • Future Wars
  • Greed: Black Border
  • Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes
  • Hacker Evolution
  • Hacker Evolution: Duality
  • Hacker Evolution: Untold
  • Icewind Dale
  • Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter
  • Icewind Dale: Trials of the Luremaster
  • Icewind Dale II
  • inMomentum
  • Legend of Grimrock
  • LIMBO
  • Lucid
  • Lume
  • Mass Effect 2: Arrival
  • Mass Effect 2: Kasumi - Stolen Memory
  • Mass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadow Broker
  • Mass Effect 2: Overlord
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Max and the Magic Marker
  • Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals
  • Outpost Kaloki
  • Planetfall
  • Plants vs. Zombies
  • RoboBlitz
  • Sanctum: Slums
  • Sanctum: Yogscave
  • Sideway: New York
  • Snuggle Truck
  • Soulcaster
  • Soulcaster II
  • Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
  • The Ball
  • The Temple of Elemental Evil
  • The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Enhanced Edition
  • Trapped Dead
  • Treasure Adventure Game
  • Twin Sector
  • Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
  • Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade
  • Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Winter Assault
  • Wasteland Angel
  • Your Doodles are Bugged!
  • Zen Bound 2
  • Zombie Shooter
  • Zombie Shooter 2
  • Zork: The Great Underground Empire - Part I
  • Zork II: The Wizard of Frobozz
  • Zork III: The Dungeon Master
  • Zork Zero: The Revenge of Megaboz

Beaten: +48

• And Yet it Moves
  • Aquaria
  • Baldur's Gate
  • Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast
  • Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
  • Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal
  • Bastion
  • Blackwell Legacy, The
  • Blackwell Unbound
  • Blackwell Convergence, The
  • Breath of Death VII: The Beginning
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
  • Costume Quest
  • Costume Quest: Grubbins on Ice
  • Cthulhu Saves the World
  • Dungeon Defenders
  • Eets
  • Fallout 3
  • Half-Life
  • Jamestown
  • Lugaru HD
  • Magicka
  • Mass Effect 2: Arrival
  • Mass Effect 2: Firewalker Pack
  • Mass Effect 2: Kasumi - Stolen Memory
  • Mass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadow Broker
  • Mass Effect 2: Overlord
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Metro 2033
  • Puzzle Agent
  • Puzzle Agent 2
  • Samorost
  • Samorost 2
  • Sanctum
  • Sanctum: Slums
  • Sanctum: X-Mas Carnage
  • Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
  • Serious Sam 3: BFE
  • Shadowgrounds
  • Shadowgrounds: Survivor
  • Shank
  • The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Enhanced Edition
  • Toki Tori
  • TRAUMA
  • Trine
  • World of Goo
  • Zombie Shooter
  • Zombie Shooter 2

Currently Playing:

• Heroes of Might and Magic III: Armageddon's Blade

Current Total: -21

I might be able to make a small dent in my backlog if I don't buy any new games for the rest of the year, and stay away from super long games like Baldur's Gate II (which was great), but it's not looking good for me this time around...

Lollipop Chainsaw is bought and beat. I almost went completionist with this one but couldn't help feel like I was spinning my wheels post game when I could be working on something else.

I also finished the Portal 2 Peer Review DLC with fellow GAF member Hero. I don't count DLC as backloggable unless it's massive, but it was still in my mental backlog ever since it came out last fall.

Puts me at +14, for now

Beat: (+17)
2. Shadows of the Damned
3. Uncharted 3
4. Kinect Adventures
7. Duke Nukem Forever
9. Outland
10. Mass Effect 3
12. Ms. 'Splosion Man
16. The Gunstringer
17. Lollipop Chainsaw

Bought: (-3)
2. Mass Effect 3
3. Lollipop Chainsaw

Backlog now at: 20

I'm probably going to tackle something non-gaming next, so it should be a while until my next post here.

Ledsen

Lollipop Chainsaw is bought and beat. I almost went completionist with this one but couldn't help feel like I was spinning my wheels post game when I could be working on something else..

That sucks man. If you enjoyed it, continue playing it. You have no obligations towards your backlog, it's there solely for your enjoyment.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Update

Playstation 2:
Kingdom Hearts
Kingdom Hearts 2
.hack//infection
Final Fantasy X
Final Fantasy XII
Persona 4
Dragon Quest VIII

Xbox Original:
Hitman: Contracts
The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind
Breakdown
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory
Ninja Gaiden
Jet Set Radio Future

Gamecube:
Killer 7

Wii:
Sakura Wars: So Long My Love
Metroid Trilogy
Metroid: Other M
Monster Hunter Tri
Xenoblade Chronicles

Xbox 360:
Bulletwitch
Silent Hill: Homecoming
PGR3
Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection
Battlefield 3
Deadly Premonition
Catherine
Dead Or Alive Xtreme 2
Record of Agarest War
Earth Defense Force 2017
The Witcher II

Beaten:
Dragons Dogma (Enjoyed it)
Persona 3: FES (Loved it)
Deus Ex: Human Revolution (Loved it)
Dead Space 2 (Enjoyed it)
Hitman: Blood Money (Loved it)
Mass Effect 1 (Loved it)
Mass Effect 2 (Enjoyed it)
Dark Souls (Loved it)

Completed Dragon's Dogma, still playing it for post game though, but the main quest is done. Does that really count as beating it though?

Anyways, Score = +1

stonedwal

Bought in 2012: -5
Beaten in 2012: +38
Current Score: +33

Bought:
Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS)
Mass Effect 3 (360)
Yakuza: Dead Souls (PS3)
Binary Domain (PS3)
Diablo III (PC)

Beaten:
Mortal Kombat Armageddon (Wii)
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (Xbox)
Total Overdose (Xbox)
Deathrow (Xbox)
Sid Meier's Pirates! (Xbox)
Sly 2: Band of Thieves (PS3, Sly Trilogy)
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves (PS3, Sly Trilogy)
The House of the Dead: Overkill - Director's Cut (PS3)
Urban Chaos: Riot Response (Xbox)
NBA Jam (PS3)
Banjo-Tooie (XBLA)
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (3DS)
Dead Island (360)
God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PS3, Origins Collection)
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (GCN)
Resident Evil 0 (GCN)
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast (PS3)
Mass Effect 3 (360)
WWE Day of Reckoning (GCN)
WWE Day of Reckoning 2 (GCN)
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 (360)
Binary Domain (PS3)
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (PS3)
Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage (PS3)
Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Wii)
Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce (360)
The Saboteur (360)
Crysis 2 (360)
Sonic Generations (360)
Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Wii)
Project Snowblind (Xbox)
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (PS3, POP Trilogy)
Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble (DS)
MadWorld (Wii)
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS)
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (PS3, POP Trilogy)
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS)

Had a long weekend last weekend, thought I'd blow through a few games. Knocked over Portrait of Ruin and The Two Thrones by Saturday lunch, and was expecting to knock over Order of Ecclesia by sometime on Sunday afternoon. Except that game is dastardly - enjoyable, though. Didn't beat it until right before midnight on the Monday. I liked the simplicity of Portrait of Ruin, but enjoyed the variety of Order of Ecclesia. It does feel like a lot of its difficult stems from Shanoa being weak - it's the only Castlevania of this type where I've had to exceed level 50 to beat the game, and even then it was real fucking close. I'm probably just crap, though. Enjoyed The Two Thrones, but I think I am done with Prince of Persia games from here on out.

Currently Playing:
Yakuza 2 (PS2): Seem to have quite a time sticking to my schedule on PS2 games.

I am thinking of going back to back on the second and third Professor Layton games. Also have my eye on taking another crack at Aliens Infestation. Was thinking of tackling Sonic Colours on the Wii too.

That sucks man. If you enjoyed it, continue playing it. You have no obligations towards your backlog, it's there solely for your enjoyment.

Thanks, it's not the backlog that's my concern though, it's more responsibility-up GAF; I gotta manage my free time smarter. No big, I'm holding onto it and will revisit in the future.

ghibli99

^^^I don't see any harm in just counting it as a +1.

Slow and steady progress through DKC3. Currently in World 5 (K3)... as I play it more, I'm appreciating some of the variety they injected into the game. The RPG/open world elements are a bit flimsy, but they still provide some slight distractions from the main game.

So if I borrow a game and beat it, how does it fit into years tally if at all? Count for half points lol?
I've beaten a couple of PS+ games and since they're rentals I'm not counting them towards my backlog. If I count the games I beat, I would also need to count the other 90% of the freebies that I haven't touched yet. You are of course free to count however you want.

Asparagus

Currently Playing:
Mega Man X4
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron
Wario Land 3

Bought: -9
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Tiny Toon Adventures 2: Montana's Movie Madness
Donkey Kong Land 3
Blast Corps
Killer Instinct Gold
Pilotwings 64
Wario Land 3
Raystorm

Beat: +6
Tiny Toon Adventures 2: Montana's Movie Madness
Donkey Kong Land 3
Blast Corps
Killer Instinct Gold
Pilotwings 64
Raystorm

Current Score: 18

I only have 41 unbeaten games left, a lot of them are long RPGs though >.<

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Bought in 2012
SSX
Max Payne 3

Beat in 2012
Rock Band 3
FEAR
Max Payne 3
Dead Space
Mirror's Edge
Lost Planet
Condemned 2: Bloodshot

Score = +5

Lost Planet sucked. I can't believe how long I owned that game thinking it would be good. Condemned 2, however, was great. Nobody seems to like this game, but I thought it was a worthy sequel if you can accept the fact that it's weird as fuck and makes no sense — the core gameplay is still great.

dolphx

Neo Member
Diablo 3 doesn't help clearing the backlog. ;)
http://howlongtobeat.com/userpage.php?username=dolph

Purchased in 2012: -26
  • LA Noire DLC (XBox 360)
  • Bulletstorm (XBox 360)
  • Yesterday (Steam)
  • The Next Big Thing (Steam)
  • Memento Mori 2 (PC)
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS)
  • Lost Chronicles of Zerzura (PC)
  • Alter Ego (PC)
  • A New Beginning (PC)
  • Gothic (Steam)
  • Gothic 2 Gold Edition (Steam)
  • Gothic 3 (Steam)
  • Diablo 3
  • Commandos: Beyond the Call of Duty(Steam)
  • Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines (Steam)
  • Commandos 2: Men of Courage (Steam)
  • Commandos 3: Destination Berlin (Steam)
  • Journey (PSN)
  • Trials Evolution (XBLA)
  • Mutant Mudds (3DS)
  • Pushmo (3DS)
  • Super Mario Land (3DS)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (3DS)
  • Super Mario Land 2: Land of the Golden Coins (3DS)
  • Mighty Switch Force (3DS)
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD (XBLA)
Beaten in 2012: +17
  • 15 Days (PC)
  • Halo Anniversary (XBox 360)
  • LA Noire Main-Story (XBox 360)
  • Mario Kart 7 (3DS)
  • DJ Hero (XBox 360)
  • DJ Hero 2 (XBox360)
  • Super Mario 3D Land (3DS)
  • The Next Big Thing (Steam)
  • Tales of Monkey Island Episode 3 (Steam)
  • Tales of Monkey Island Episode 4 (Steam)
  • Tales of Monkey Island Episode 5 (Steam)
  • Grim Fandango (PC)
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS)
  • Alter Ego (PC)
  • Memento Mori 2 (PC)
  • Mario Kart: Super Curcuit (3DS)
  • Trials Evolution (XBLA)

Total: -9

Currently Playing:
  • LA Noire DLC (XBox360)
  • Bulletstorm (XBox360)
  • Skyrim (Steam)
  • Hidden and Dangerous Deluxe (PC)
  • Desperados (PC)
  • Diablo 3 (PC)
  • Journey (PS3)
  • Mutant Mudds (3DS)
  • Pullblox (3DS)
  • A New Beginning (PC)
  • Super Mario Bros (3DS)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time (3DS)
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD (XBLA)

guest1321

Backloggery

Bought in 2012: -10
Beat in 2012: +16
Current Score: +6

Beaten:

Currently Playing:
  • Rage $
  • Forza Motorsport 4 [aiming for 100%]

Backlog Priorities:
  • Borderlands
  • Fallout New Vegas
  • Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
  • Portal 2
  • BIT.TRIP RUNNER
  • Metal Gear Solid $
  • Metal Gear Sold 2: Sons of Liberty $
  • Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater $
  • Super Meat Boy

Impressions:

Saints Row: The Third (5/5) - This game is absurd. I've been wanting a grand theft auto game for a while but couldn't convince myself to jump into GTA4 with 5 right around the corner. I had never played a Saints Row game and after hearing the ridiculous ways in which it was described on the CAGcast I decided I needed to jump into the series and satiate my need for open world killing. The games opening scene had me a little concerned but it quickly picked up from there and I was underway, killing, running over, and generally causing havoc on the city. The game sucked me in and quickly a day disappeared but boredom never struck. The pace of the game was fast and interesting, and more surprisingly a full 18 hours of fun. I haven't really gotten the chance to just mess around as I kept wanting to get the next best gun or car. There were a lot of aspects that I didn't mess around with (exploring, side missions, homies, online) but I found the experience I had to be really exciting. The array of vehicles was great but I would have like more helicopters and planes. There was an interesting selection of guns, however, I would have like more real weapons. The game's biggest plus was that it didn't take itself seriously. There was just so much stupid shit, but at the same time I never felt like the creators were trying to make it feel meaningful. I'll definitely be revisiting the game for the additional content I haven't explored and possibly a different play through with the different decisions.

The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition (5/5) - I'll get it out of the way now: it looked amazing! The world was created in a very beautiful way but simultaneously in a way that made it feel real and dark. I was a little concerned with the story line from the beginning but it quickly picked up and became more engaging after escaping the prison with Roche. From a story standpoint I really like the direction they took it and the opening line of
"Fuck off"
more then set the tone for whose shoes I would be filling and what can of a BAMF I would be. The main characters all seemed to have a immense depth and most of the side characters had rich stories. The lore is absolutely one of the strongpoints in the Witcher. The combat was really a huge shocker for me. After playing FPS, then moving to something like Skyrim, then Batman, I feel like man hands would adapt fair quickly to any control scheme. The button mapping seemed confusing and nonsensical during the early hours but after getting used to the challenge became the combat. I wouldn't go so far as to argue that the combat was difficult, but it did take some getting-used-to. It seemed like the combat would have been easier if I knew about the crafting or if that was stressed as the way to go about playing. Along with crafting I never touched throwing knives, traps, or bombs. There is an insane amount of random useless objects in this game and I felt like the loot was pretty useless. Killing people never really brought great loot and was only really an ends to a mean. That being said, getting into fights was sweet because it required that you actually think about the fighting and your position. The array of NPC species was really outstanding and I felt as if I was running into a species every 30 minutes or less and every couple of minutes I would see a character I had never seen before. They really did use a lot of unique resources and it helped a lot with immersion. Everything felt like it was done right and not rushed, and I appreciate that they did not try to make the world extremely huge and instead focused on making a small area really great. Overall the quality of this game is top notch through and through and is definitely something that I will jump back into later on down the road to try the completely different story path.

$ - indicates game purchased in 2012

Cheska

This seems like a great idea and I'd love to participate since so far this has been my most successful year in terms of beating games. Okay, let's see.

Bought in 2012: 32
Beaten in 2012: 25
Total= -7

Bought

PS3
Asura's Wrath -1
Atelier Meruru -1
Darkness II -1
Devil May Cry HD Collection -1
Dragon's Dogma -1
Final Fantasy XIII-2 -1
Jak and Daxter Collection -1
Journey -1
Mass Effect 3 -1
Street Fighter x Tekken -1
Sonic Generations -1
Tales of Graces f -1

PS Vita
BlazBlue Continum Shift Extend -1
Disgaea 3 -1
Gravity Rush -1
Hot Shots Golf -1
Resistance Burning Skies -1
Unit 13 -1
Wipeout 2048 -1

3DS/DS
Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker 2 -1
James Noir: Hollywood Crimes -1
Kid Icarus: Uprising -1
Metal Gear Solid 3D -1
Pokemon Conquest -1
Shin Megami Tensei Devil Survivor 2 -1
Tales of the Abyss -1

360/Wii
Rhythm Heaven Fever -1
Muramasa Demon Blade -1
Pandoras Tower -1
The Last Story -1
Xenoblade -1
The Witcher 2 -1

Bought: 32

Beaten

PS3
Asura's Wrath +1
Binary Domain +1
Darkness II +1
Final Fantasy XIII-2 +1
Ico +1
Jak and Daxter +1
Journey +1
Lego Harry Potter Years 5-7 +1
Lollipop Chainsaw +1
Mass Effect 2 +1
Max Payne 3 +1
Medal of Honor +1
Shadow of the Colossus +1
Yakuza: Dead Souls +1

PSP

Valkyria Chronicles II +1

Vita
Dynasty Warriors NEXT +1
Resistance: Burning Skies +1
Uncharted Golden Abyss +1
Unit 13 +1

3DS
Kid Icarus Uprising +1
Mario Kart 7 +1
Super Mario 3D Land +1

360/Wii

Akai Katana +1
Muramasa Demon Blade +1
The Witcher 2 +1

Total: 25

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Games bought in 2012
Mass Effect 3
Crysis 2
Shadows of the Damned
The Witcher 2: Enhanced Edition
The Darkness 2
LIMBO
Superbrothers: Swords & Sorcery EP
Amnesia: The Dark Descent
Bastion
Psychonauts

Games bought in 2011 that have not been finished
Skyrim
Resistance 3
Demon's Souls

Games finished in 2012
Mass Effect 3

2012 backlog score: -9
Total backlog score: -12

I actually spent the majority of 2012 not playing games, as I was in the midst of a job hunt and then, about six weeks ago, a job switch. The only game that got me to stay on my ass and game was Mass Effect 3, and it was an amazing experience. However, I kept buying games regardless of the fact that I wasn't gaming.

Now with a bumper crop of games coming out in 2012 that I am actually quite interested in (Assassin's Creed 3, Resident Evil 6, XCOM, Dishonored), I am starting to focus on clearing out my backlog so it doesn't haunt me come 2013. The problem is, I find it hard to motivate myself to game sometimes. Ironically, I've been playing a lot of Skyrim over the past few days, which is probably the game I should leave until last considering the number of hours I could dump into it, but at the same time I am in the mood for it, so I figure I might as well capitalize on this momentum and clear something off my list.

Netto-kun

June and summer vacation equals more gaming time. Finally got around to finish the 3 fighting games in Arcade Mode. I also did a few online matches and got bodied badly. Going through Inazuma Eleven 3: Bomber right now, and should be done with that in 1-2 days. I should also get back into Final Fantasy XII International. Played 5-6 hours before I put it away for...whatever reasons. But I'll probably spend a lot of time with Theatrhythm Final Fantasy when it arrives in 2 weeks. I wasn't planning to buy any games this month, but I decided to grab some games from eShop since Nintendo is having its once-in-a-lifetime sale. Also picked La-Mulana from the Japanese Wii Shop Channel since I still had unused points. By the way, Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime is amaaaaazing.

Games bought in June:
La-Mulana (WW)
Mighty Switch Force (3DSDL)
Dillon's Rolling Western (3DSDL)
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (VCH)
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (VCH)
Rayman (VCH) [got lucky when the official Rayman Facebook page was giving out codes]

Games beaten in June:
Mighty Switch Force! (3DSDL)
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins (VCH)
Rockman Zero 4 (NDS)
Rockman Zero 3 (NDS)
Rockman Zero 2 (NDS)
Rockman Zero (NDS)
Sengoku Basara X (PS2)
Dragon Quest Heroes: Rocket Slime (NDS)
Marvel vs. Capcom 2: New Age of Heroes (PSN)
Super Street Fighter II Turbo HD Remix (PSN)
Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike - Fight for the Future - Online Edition (PSN)

June
Bought: 6
Beaten: 11
June score: +5

May
Bought: 3
Beaten: 2
May score: -1

April
Beaten: 7
April score: +4

March
Beaten: 5
March score: +2

February
Bought: 6
Beaten: 8
February score: +2

January
Beaten: 8
January score: +5

Backloggery

Here's my update for June. I'm currently playing L.A. Gridlock, Magic Orbz, Gravity Rush and Breath of Fire III.

A4V1j.png

Added the following games to the backlog:
June
• Breath of Fire III
• Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013
• Valentinel Hopes*
• Gravity Rush
• Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire*
• Ultima: Worlds of Adventure 2: Martian Dreams*
• Linescape*
• Thirteen Gates*
• Lilac.27*
• Housefly*
• Treasures of Montezuma Blitz*
• Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

Completed:
June
• Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland
• Resistance: Retribution
• Valentinel Hopes
• Linescape
• Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013
• Lilac.27
• Housefly
• The Treasures of Montezuma Blitz
• Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack

* - free

Link to a summary of the first five months of the year.

Okay, so free games on Playstation Plus -- Where do they fit into this whole thing?
I really haven't come up with a good answer to that question yet, but since I don't own the games permanently I'm currently not counting PS+ freebies towards my backlog. They exist in a universe of their own.

MarkusRJR

I've been currently playing through my Wii's massive backlog along with Sonic Unleashed for 360 (good god the Werehog is so bad). I'm also playing a few 3DS games, and I think I've come to this conclusion:

-Stick with the 3DS (XL) for this gen, and just complete my Wii/DS/3DS collection.
-Buy the Wii U 2-3 years from now when the console is price dropped and there are more games.

The only things standing in my way are the eventual GAF hype (which can be seriously infectious) and obvious rare games (ala Pikmin, JRPGs, Atlus games, etc). Should I buy them around their launch and just keep them till I get a console? I've never gone into a new generation of consoles knowing I'll be getting it down the road. I usually just buy them around launch or impulsively. I don't want to get into a Metroid Prime Trilogy situation where the games I want to play become impossible to buy. Advice?

Update for June:

Playing Darksiders on 360 right now. Rayman Origins after that, and then maybe the Max Payne games after that to finish off July. August has already been set aside to start tackling the top of my Wii backlog.

http://backloggery.com/thebigg753

January-May (+7):

Bought (-13)
Finished (+20)

June (+5):

Bought (0):

Beaten (+5):

Half Life 2 (360)
Half Life 2: Episode 1 (360)
Half Life 2: Episode 2 (360)
Vanquish (360)
Beyond Good & Evil HD (360)

2012 Score: (+12)

guest1321

I really haven't come up with a good answer to that question yet, but since I don't own the games permanently I'm currently not counting PS+ freebies towards my backlog. They exist in a universe of their own.

I'd say, if you want to play them it's -1, but if you never plan on playing them, I would ignore them.

I was thinking the latter is a pretty good idea. So they exist if in my backlog if I play them, otherwise I don't count them. So they don't hurt but they don't help

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Current Status -

My Backlog -

http://backloggery.com/Zerokku

Purchased in 2012: -12
Tomb Raider (PS1)
Okami (PS2)
Xenogears (PS1)
Rayman Origins (360)
Tales of the Abyss (3DS)
Mass Effect 3 (360)
Tales of Graces f (PS3)
Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS)
Diablo III (PC)
Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 (PC)
Pokemon Conquest (DS)
Penny Arcade's On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3 (PC)

Beaten in January: +8
Recettear: An Item Shops Tale
Borderlands
Fable: The Lost Chapters
Descent II
Pokemon White
3D Dot Game Heroes
Gears of War 2
Cave Story +

Beaten in February: +6
LIMBO
Metal Gear Solid
Secret of Mana
Dead Space 2
Super Mario All-Stars
Half-Life: Opposing Force

Beaten in March: +4
Tales of the Abyss
Super Metroid
Mass Effect 3
Sam & Max Season Two

Beaten in April: +4
Kid Icarus: Uprising
Final Fantasy IV: The Complete Collection
Machinarium
Cthulhu Saves The World

Beaten in May: +3
Metal Gear Solid 2
Diablo 3
Diablo (PS1 version)

Beaten in June: +11
Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness Episode Two
Rayman Origins
Bulletstorm
Trace Memory
Quake
Magic: The Gathering - Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013
Pokemon Conquest
VVVVVV
Left 4 Dead 2

Total: +24

Currently Playing:
Just Cause 2
Costume Quest
Star Wars Episode I: Racer
The ICO & Shadow of the Colossus Collection
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

May was a pretty slow month on account of finishing up the semester/diablo 3, but definitely been taking advantage of my free time throughout june.

For the month of June:

Bought: 2 (total: 17)
Gravity Rush (Vita)
Lone Survivor (PC--Humble Indie Bundle)

Beat: 1 (total: 14)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita)

Overall Score: -3

--

Currently Playing:
Gravity Rush (Vita)
Xenoblade (Wii)
Sword & Sworcery (PC)

I've been playing Xenoblade what feels like forever. There are definite difficulty spikes in the game and I'm at the end, so I can't save and blahblahblah. This isn't really the place to rant about that. Really enjoying Gravity Rush so far (about 1/3 done) and liking Sword & Sworcery in the small doses I've been playing. I'm hoping to finish at least TWO games this month after the paltry showing for June.

Uncharted was great. I bought it at launch and didn't play it until this month (Blob and Stardust kept me busy at it was). I actually didn't mind the touch implementation with the Vita, even the QTEs. That was definitely an Uncharted on a handheld; I regret not playing it sooner. :p

ghibli99

+/- 0 for June. After a very productive month of May, my gaming came to a grinding halt in June. Still playing DKC3 and just started replaying Dragon Quest IV. Preordered Theatrhythm FF for July, but that's about it. +16 and holding.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Not a very productive month for me as far as my backlog is concerned. After 33 years of my best efforts I finally ended up breaking a bone...Unfrtunately it was in my right wrist so that severely limits my gaming options.

Beaten in 2012: 18

June 1

CivCity: Rome (6/30) - A fun little city builder game that avoids most of the micromanaging other games of its genre seem to cling to. It also adds the Civilization staple of research to add a different twist which grants some nice perks (and some are insanely overpowered) which ware pretty much needed if you plan on completing the final peaceful city.

Previous games played:
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (1/1)
Flight Control HD (1/5)
Dungeons of Dredmor (1/12)
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (1/24)
Bastion (2/2)
No More Heroes (2/23)
Endless Ocean (2/24)
Limbo (2/28)
Ben There, Dan That (3/7)
Tidalis (3/10)
Endless Ocean: Blue World (3/20)
Time Gentlemen, Please (3/27)
Ace Attourney: Justice For All (5/1)
Xenoblade Chronicles (5/5)
Nights: Journey of Dreams (5/9)
The Bourne Conspiracy (5/14)
Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent (5/24)

Bought: 14
The Ball
Beep
Breath of Death VII: The Beginning
Cthulhu Saves the World

Forza Motorsport 2
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
Nikpol: Secrets of the Immortals
On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3
P.A.M.
Sideway: New York
Wasteland Angel
Xenoblade Chronicles
Xotic
Zoo Tycoon 2

Total Score: 4

Thanks to no Steam sale yet I'm still on the positive side! Hopefully I can squeeze out a few smaller games that don't require the use of both hands in July.[/QUOTE]

nonnocere

Update - 7/01/2012
http://backloggery.com/caduceus

January
Purchased: 0
Finished: +2

February
Purchased: -2
Finished: +2

March
Purchased: -2
Finished: +1

April
Purchased: -7 - My sins were many
Finished: +1

May
Purchased: 0
Finished:+1

June
Purchased: -1
Finished: +3
Trine 2 (PS3) - Platinum
Skylanders (360) - 1000/1000 - Father's Day gift to myself and kids
Two Worlds (360) - Just finished the main quest, 37/41 achievements, might go for the whole enchilada

Total: -4

LEGO Star Wars 3 (360) - 100%
Sly 3 (PS3) - Platinum
Uncharted 2 (PS3) - Platinum
Saints Row 2 (360) - 42 achievements
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (360) - 1000/1000
Batman Arkham City (PS3) - 47/50
Crackdown 2 (360) - 19/70
Trine 2 (PS3) - Platinum
Two Worlds (360) -37/41
Skylanders (360) - 1000/1000

January Post - Score: -3

February Post - Score: -4

March Post - Score: -4

April Post - Score: -1

May Post - Score: -2

Current Score: -2

Games I beat this month (but were rented and don't count):

Max Payne 3
Dragon's Dogma

Bought in June 2012 (-1):

The Sly Collection: Sly 2 - Band of Thieves (PSN)

Finished in June 2012 (1):

The Sly Collection: Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus - Easy platinum. I love how much my son has gotten into this series. I may end up buying a Vita just so he can play Thieves in Time on that system.

Currently Playing:

Spec Ops: The Line - In Chapter 6. It's OK but not terrific.

The Sly Collection: Sly 2 - Band of Thieves - In Episode 4. Kinda going slow because I'm only playing when my son wants to. Really impressed with the different design approach this has over the first game. It makes a lot more sense and works well.

ghibli99

Not a very productive month for me as far as my backlog is concerned. After 33 years of my best efforts I finally ended up breaking a bone...Unfrtunately it was in my right wrist so that severely limits my gaming options.
Ouch! What happened? I just decided to get back into skateboarding after nearly a 20-year "hiatus", so perhaps this a sign. :p

Top Bottom