• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf 2012 Backlog Blitz - Where we give the middle finger to Steam sales

I would like to see some additional statuses for games, not justed completed and unfinished. There should be some status for games that you have played and decided is just not worth your time. And if the site has a "now playing" function, there should be some status for games that cannot be beaten (TF2 and games like that).

Ledsen

I would like to see some additional statuses for games, not justed completed and unfinished. There should be some status for games that you have played and decided is just not worth your time. And if the site has a "now playing" function, there should be some status for games that cannot be beaten (TF2 and games like that).

Yeah, it would be nice to have "Abandoned" and "Unfinishable" in addition to "Null", which I use for lack of those two. I also would like a "Started playing" flag in addition to "Now Playing", since I don't actually actively play all the games I've started but not finished.

Big-E

Trying to get through Divinity II before Diablo 3. This game got really tedious pretty quickly. Going to fucking like 4 different zones in one area and in those zones there are literally a 1000 fucking soldiers plus like 30 balista towers and other crap.

You're a good man davonaytor.

EDIT: You're not planning on doing it like Backloggery's compilation feature are you? Because that looks pretty bad too...And their alphabetical system screwed me over twice with the Sly Collection! Argh!

When you say 'like backloggery's compilation feature' do you mean that when games are in a compilation they are lumped into an expandable box? That's not what I want to do. I prefer having all games laid out. So games in a series or compilation will appear as regular game entries, they will just be ordered the way that the user chooses.

CecilRousso said:

Yeah, I feel you man. There will definitely be plenty of status options for games. I plan on making the library view customizable and filterable, so if a user want's to hide 'null' entries, they can do so easily.

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
When you say 'like backloggery's compilation feature' do you mean that when games are in a compilation they are lumped into an expandable box? That's not what I want to do. I prefer having all games laid out. So games in a series or compilation will appear as regular game entries, they will just be ordered the way that the user chooses.

Yeah that expandable thing was exactly what I meant. Good to hear. I'm really looking forward to what you come up with.

And that´s Skyrim beaten. Great game, still not tired of it after 80 hours.

Now playing
Skyrim

Bought - 0
(PixelJunk Eden)

Beaten - 10
Gemini Rue
Gray Matter
Ghost Trick
The Witcher 2
Shogun 2
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Defence Grid
Back to the Future: The Game
Renegade Ops DLC
Skyrim

Remaining backlog
Fallout: New Vegas DLC - have only just started Dead Money
Alpha Protocol - 2h played so far.
Rock of Ages
Europa Universalis III
The Last Express
Trine 2 - a couple of levels left in coop.

Bebpo

Banned
After 5 weeks and 110 hours of playing, got the longest game in my backlog out of the way with SRW Z2.2. From this point on, hope to be making speedy progress at getting down to 0!

Bought in 2012:
1. Castlevania LoS
2. Sonic & SEGA All-Star Racing
3. Ghost Trick iOS
4. Gundam G Generation World
5. Beyond the Labyrinth
6. Resident Evil: Revelations
7. Super Robot Wars: OG Saga Lord of Elemental II
8. Professor Layton 5
9. Gundam The 3d Battle
10. Tales of Innocence R
11. Uncharted Golden Abyss
12. Hot Shots Golf 6
13. Wipeout 2048
14. Little Deviants
15. Super Stardust Delta + DLC pack
16. Escape Plan
17. Blazblue Continuum Shift EXTEND
18. Twisted Metal
19. Lumines Electric Symphony
20. Touch my Katamari
21. Good People Die
22. Tales from Space: Mutant Blob Attacks
23. SSX
24. One Piece Kaizoku Musou
25. Journey
26. Silent Hill Downpour
27. Wizorb
28. Warriors Orochi 3
29. Kid Icarus Uprising
30. Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
31. Super Robot Wars Z2 Saisei-Hen
32. Skullgirls
33. The Pinball Arcade
34. The Legend of Grimrock
35. House of the Dead 4
36. Botanicula
37. Fire Emblem Kakusei

Cleared in 2012:
1. Dead Space Extraction
2. Uncharted 3
3. Rock of Ages
4. Orcs Must Die
5. Saints Row The Third
6. Outland
7. Final Fantasy Type 0
8. Renegade Ops
9. RAGE
10. Uncharted: Golden Abyss
11. Touch my Katamari
12. Professor Layton 4
13. Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
14. Escape Plan
15. Journey
16. Assassin's Creed Revelations
17. SD Gundam G Generation World
18. Silent Hill Downpour
19. Edna and Harvey: The Breakout
20. Back to the Future Ep3: Citizen Brown
21. The Pinball Arcade (as much as you can clear a game like this)
22. Skullgirls
23. Dead Space 2
24. Dead Space 2: Severed
25. Hot Shots Golf 6
26. Wipeout 2048
27. Super Robot Wars Z2.2 Saisei-hen

Total for 2012 = -10

stonedwal

Work has settled down, so I've been able to get a lot more gaming in

Bought in 2012: -4
Beaten in 2012: +29
Current Score: +25

Bought:
Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS)
Mass Effect 3 (360)
Yakuza: Dead Souls (PS3)
Binary Domain (PS3)

Beaten:
Shadows of the Damned (PS3)
Mortal Kombat Armageddon (Wii)
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (Xbox)
Total Overdose (Xbox)
Deathrow (Xbox)
Sid Meier's Pirates! (Xbox)
Sly 2: Band of Thieves (PS3, Sly Trilogy)
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves (PS3, Sly Trilogy)
The House of the Dead: Overkill - Director's Cut (PS3)
Urban Chaos: Riot Response (Xbox)
NBA Jam (PS3)
Banjo-Tooie (XBLA)
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (3DS)
Dead Island (360)
God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PS3, Origins Collection)
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (GCN)
Resident Evil 0 (GCN)
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast (PS3)
Mass Effect 3 (360)
WWE Day of Reckoning (GCN)
WWE Day of Reckoning 2 (GCN)
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 (360)
Binary Domain (PS3)
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (PS3)
Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage (PS3)
Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Wii)
Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce (360)
The Saboteur (360)
Crysis 2 (360)

Currently playing:
Yet to decide for sure. I have not made any progress on Okami and Majora's Mask since March, and really want to get back to them. Yakuza 2 is a possibility, since I also have 3, 4 and Dead Souls backlogged. I've got Burnout Paradise ready to go on the 360, but I may go back to Too Human or Sonic Generations.

Beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel on the Xbox 360 portion of the backlog. Kirby was awesome, managed to finally break that weird 15 minute play session tendency. I had managed to lose my original Strikeforce save (along with a few other treasured save files due to how I was deleting my 360 installs) so I had to start over - probably helped me to get a much better grip on the base mechanics - wound up enjoying it a whole lot more this time around. It's pretty grindy playing alone, though. The Saboteur was a bit of fun - could have used a little more polish though. Crysis 2 I enjoyed a lot more than expected - was honestly impressed by the way it looks on the 360 (so I imagine I am in for a treat if I ever see it on the PC), but Crytek is nil for 3 when it comes to making decent second halves of games.

Update:

Bought in 2012: -5

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (PC)
Red Faction: Armageddon (PC)
Payday: The Heist (PC)
Dustforce (PC)
Dear Esther (PC)

Finished in 2012: +12

Bastion (PC)
Hydrophobia: Prophecy (PC)
Resident Evil 5 (PC)
Trine (PC)
Zeno Clash (PC)
Braid (PC)
Metro 2033 (PC)
Halo: Reach (360)
Red Dead Redemption (360)
Mafia II (PC)

Total: +7

Well, I ended up picking up 2 more games, but completed a couple as well. Missed the end of the month tally, but here's my mid-May update. I rest at -2 right now, which is not so great considering I walked in at 0. However, I had been down to -7 for a while, so I'm inching my way back up.

Backloggery

Bought in 2012: -24
Beat in 2012: 22
Current Score: -2

Bought
  • Super Stardust Delta
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  • Rayman: Origins
  • Resident Evil: Revelaitons
  • Mutant Mudds
  • Metal Torrent
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • Tales of the Abyss
  • Kid Icarus: 3D Classics
  • Mario's Picross
  • The 3rd Birthday
  • Patapon 2
  • Motorstorm RC
  • WipEout 2048
  • Unit 13
  • Dissidia duodecim Final Fantasy
  • Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
  • Trials Evolution
  • Fez
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • The World Ends With You
  • Monster Tale
  • Mortal Kombat
  • ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead

Completed
  • Super Stardust Delta
  • Portal 2
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Child of Eden
  • Shinobi
  • Nano Assault
  • Resident Evil: Revelations
  • Vanquish
  • Batman Arkham City
  • Mutant Mudds
  • Metal Torrent
  • L.A. Noire
  • Xevious 3D Classics
  • Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary Edition
  • Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
  • Metal Torrent
  • Kid Icarus Uprising
  • Monster Tale
  • Mario's Picross
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Currently Playing
  • Darksiders
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Tales of the Abyss
  • Mortal Kombat

Will try to update with some impressions later on. Most notable recent completion was Skyward Sword, considering it's one of the longer games on my backlog.

ghibli99

One more Mega Man game down, part III. Excellent game, and in some ways better than II. I still think the soundtrack to II is better, but I really liked the addition of Rush to this one, and I felt like I got a better value here due to the game's length, which did seem a good clip longer than II. It was also quite a bit more difficult, which I rather enjoyed. Needle Man and Gemini Man, though, whew, they were tough and it took me some time to figure them out!

+13 for the year.

Thought I'd join in as well. :)

My Backloggery (feel free to add!)

Bought in 2012: 9
Beat in 2012: 11
Current Score: +2

Bought (9):
Dark Souls (PS3)
Journey (PSN)
Persona 3 Portable (PSP/Vita)
Pixeljunk Eden (PSN)
Pixeljunk Shooter (PSN)
Super Stardust Delta (Vita)
Tales From Outer Space: Mutant Blob Attacks (Vita)
Uncharted: Golden Abyss (Vita)
Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii)

Beat (11):
DJ Hero 2 (PS3)
Jamestown (PC)
Jounrey (PSN)
Kirby: Return to Dreamland (Wii)
Klonoa (Wii)
Lego Star Wars III: The Clone Wars (PS3)
Pixeljunk Shooter (PSN)
Super Stardust Delta (Vita)
Tales From Outer Space: Mutant Blob Attacks (Vita)
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS3)

Of course, currently playing some of the longer titles in my backlog, so it feels like I'm making little progress lately.

Brashnir

Haven't done a lot of game playing lately, but on a whim I fired up Puzzle Quest last night. I had a late-game save in it that I had never got around to finishing. I had actually attempted (and failed) on the last boss, but I still had a ton of side quests available, and I hadn't even touched the area from the Plague Lord expansion.

I I jumped in, and after a couple fights to re-learn what all my abilities and gear did, I was right back into the game's rhythm. I finished up some side quests, and wound up in the expansion area. I finished off all of the expansion stuff, beat the expansion boss, and finally got back around to the other end of the world for the end boss of the regular game and wiped the floor with him.

It's hard to put together a coherent opinion on a game that I took a couple years off in the middle of, but Puzzle Quest still holds up and works as well as it ever did. The game is maybe a bit too long and the mechanics do get a but long in the tooth by the end, (which led to my long break in the first place) but it's a very compelling core game experience that drives it forward.

Overall Score - 4/5.

Bought in 2012 - 13
Rayman:Origins
Gears of War 3
Batman: Arkham City
Zen Pinball 3D
Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
De Blob 2
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
Adventures of Tintin
Pinball Arcade
Hack Slash Loot
Trials Evolution
Legend of Grimrock

Finished in 2012 - 26
Batman:Arkham City
Batman:Arkham Asylum
Gears of War 3
Prince of Persia:The Forgotten Sands
Alan Wake
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
Fable 2
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Meat Boy
Mech Commander 2
Zen Pinball 3D
Chrono Trigger
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
Elefunk
Back to the Future: Episode 3: Citizen Brown
Back to the Future: Episode 4: Double Visions
Back to the Future: Episode 5: Outatime
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Adventures of Tintin
Hack Slash Loot
Trials Evolution
Puzzle Quest : Challenge of the Warlords
Puzzle Quest : Challenge of the Warlords - Revenge of the Plague Lord.

Overall Score: +13

Bought: 20
Beaten: 6
Score: -14

Bought: 21
Beaten: 10
Score: -11

Bought:
Guwange (XBLA sale)

Beaten:

Gotham City Impostors (PC, ~30 hrs) - I said I was going to start working on my backlog, and then I bought Gotham City Impostors and have sunk thirty hours (and counting) into it. I've always been a Monolith fan although hadn't been feeling their recent output (Condemned 2, FEAR 2, eh...), but damn, this game is great. The most fun I've had with a competitive shooter in quite some time. I'm not sure if the Batman license is helping or hurting its cause... it's certainly a perplexing game thematically, and I personally wish the Batman license was absent, but in terms of game mechanics it's fast, tight and a lot of fun. Great maneuverability options with rollerskates and hang gliders and grappling hooks, great gunplay, and some fun combat options (camo, recon goggles, Shadowrun style katanas). I'm not playing it as obsessively as I was for the first twenty hours, but I'm not done yet, either. However, the game does have problems, and the biggest flaw in my eyes is the experience system; holy level grinding, Batman.

The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX (GBC, ~9-12 hrs, total ballpark est.) - My first time playing the game, and actually the first portable Zelda I've played (I've played all of the console Zeldas minus Skyward Sword). I'm a bit torn on this one. This game came out originally in 1993, but it features some design elements that until now I've only associated with modern Nintendo (holding the player's hand, artificial padding, etc.). Perhaps nostalgia keeps my memories of older Nintendo games in a less critical light? Anyways, it's not a bad game; it's actually one of the more interesting 2D Zeldas I've played, and a lot of that has to do with roc's feather and the ability to jump. This provides a lot of fresh gameplay scenarios for the franchise, and I liked the mix of overhead and sidescrolling stuff (tapping into my fondness for The Adventures of Link). I didn't care for the overworld, as it felt over-stuff and convoluted and labyrinth-like in its design. But I did like the setting overall, the island as dreamscape, and the story of the wind fish. It's a charming game, and the temples are generally good. It also made my blood boil every time that owl appeared to repeat information the game had already given to me, or when the game decided to tell me for the billionth time that there must be some way to lift these rocks (YEAH GAME SURELY THERE MUST BE HMMMMMM). I struggled to finish it in the end. Like I said, I'm a bit torn on it.

Leedmees (360, ~7 hrs) - Oh, now this is a charming game. There's a lot of surprise and a strong sense of discovery in the early part of the game, as I was figuring out the terms of my relationship with the Leedmees (oh, look, I can step on them and kill them; ah, cool, they'll jump up and grab my hand; haha, I can throw them across the map), and then the puzzles start becoming more and more mischievous. It's never more than a simple puzzle game, but the constant gimmicks (being attacked by ghosts, using your body as an electrical current) keep it fresh and fun. The co-op levels are pretty clever, too.

Deus Ex: Invisible War (PC, ~13 hrs) - I struggled to finish this one, too, in the end, but the middle portions of the game are pretty damn good. A bit of a slow start, but things really pick up in Cairo. This game nails the empowerment theme that Harvey Smith talks about so much. I really feel like I can express myself (i.e. roleplay) in the game world, even in (or especially because of) the absence of any specific roleplaying systems you'd see in other games (morality choices lolololol). That being said, the game does have the problems fans have criticized it for, the streamlining of elements for consoles and particularly the small areas and frequent load times, which damage the atmosphere of the game and fail to deliver on the scale of some of its ideas (the arcology, for example, suffers for this; it never feels as big or oppressive as it should). A mixed bag of a sequel (the ending feels hurried and anti-climactic, although I did like the echos from the first game), but when it's on, it's still Deus Ex, and I love me some goddamn Deus Ex. Onwards now to Human Revolution.

Brashnir

Bought Diablo 3 against my better judgment. All my RL friends are playing, and I haven't had a good co-op experience with them in a while.

As soon as I downloaded the game yesterday afternoon, the servers went down - completely validating why I didn't want to get it in the first place.

ghibli99

Took my first -1 in a while for Akai Katana (360). Gotta support Cave... and the incredible shooter support on the system is one of the few reasons why I still have a 360. It's like the Saturn/DC of this generation.

Mega Man IV is awesome. I like all the '16-bit' touches in the animation and presentation detail that this NES game inherited. Bosses have been kicking my butt, ever after getting primed quite well with III. Good stuff so far.

allansm

Bought in 2012: 23
Completed in 2012: +32
Current Score: +9

Finished:

Sideway: New York
Defy Gravity Extended
Skyrim
Tropico 4
PixelJunk Eden
Dungeon Siege III
Osmos
Cave Story +
Fractal
From Dust
Rochard
Hamilton's Great Adventure
Rock of Ages
BEEP
Psychonauts
SpaceChem
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Botanicula
Auditorium
L.A. Noire
Assassin's Creed Brotherhood
Dark Messiah of Might and Magic
Bulletstorm
Dirt 3
Hard Reset
Shank 2
Gatling Gears
Lone Survivor
The Blackwell Legacy
Tobe's Vertical Adventure
Serious Sam Double D
TRAUMA

NZNova

Finally got around to finishing off the story mode of Red Dead Redemption. I'd played it a year ago but my PS3 died just after I got to Mexico and losing my save bummed me out to the point of shelving it.

Anyway, great game, if a bit depressing. I've still got plenty of Stranger's Tasks and other such things to do, as well as Undead Nightmare. I'll get back to those later though.

(...and immediately cancelled it out by buying Rayman Origins because it was on special on Steam.)

Brashnir

Finished Diablo 3. So much is being said about this game now that I'm going to skip the review. Suffice to say that I liked it, I'm still playing it, and the servers are frustratingly flaky.

Overall Score - 4/5

Bought in 2012 - 14
Gears of War 3
Batman: Arkham City
Zen Pinball 3D
De Blob 2
Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom
Adventures of Tintin
Pinball Arcade
Hack Slash Loot
Trials Evolution
Legend of Grimrock
Diablo 3

Finished in 2012 - 27
Batman:Arkham City
Batman:Arkham Asylum
Gears of War 3
Prince of Persia:The Forgotten Sands
Alan Wake
Earth Defense Force: Insect Armageddon
Fable 2
Super Mario 3D Land
Super Meat Boy
Mech Commander 2
Zen Pinball 3D
Chrono Trigger
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
Elefunk
Back to the Future: Episode 3: Citizen Brown
Back to the Future: Episode 4: Double Visions
Back to the Future: Episode 5: Outatime
Donkey Kong Country Returns
Adventures of Tintin
Hack Slash Loot
Trials Evolution
Puzzle Quest : Challenge of the Warlords
Puzzle Quest : Challenge of the Warlords - Revenge of the Plague Lord.
Diablo 3

Overall Score: +13

ghibli99

As mentioned earlier, I purchased Akai Katana (360) for a -1, but I also finished Mega Man IV and Mega Man V. MM4 was good, but I agree with some folks that the charge cannon threw off the balance/focus of the series a bit, making the Robot Master weapons seem like an afterthought. MM5 was a surprise, though... although I blasted through it rather quickly (it seemed very easy compared to earlier games), it had great level design and some very solid music. As a series, I'd say it looks like this for me so far: 2=3>5>4>1

One more left of the NES series, and then I think it's time for a break. It's crazy to me that there were SIX of these on one system.

+14

tim.mbp

Bought: 9
1. Kid Icarus: Uprising
2. Radiant Historia
3. Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
4. Rhythm Heaven Fever
5. Mario's Picross
6. Xenoblade Chronicles
7. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
8. Donkey Kong Country Returns
9. Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors

Completed: 14
1. Kirby Mass Attack
2. Okamiden
3. Mario vs. Donkey Kong: Minis March Again!
4. Golden Sun: Dark Dawn
5. Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney: Justice for All
6. Pushmo
7. Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Survivor Overclocked
8. Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
9. 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure
10. Kirby's Epic Yarn
11. Rhythm Heaven Fever
12. Mario's Picross
13. Dragon Quest Swords: The Masked Queen and the Tower of Mirrors
14. Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars

Score: +5

Finished Dragon Quest Swords and Shadow Wars. Both were pretty mediocre. DQS had pretty terrible motion controls which made the game much more frustrating. Shadow Wars dragged on too long, poor presentation, and didn't really have the best strategy gameplay. Only bought them because they were cheap, but I wouldn't recommend them.

Everdred

Backlog on HowLongToBeat.com

Bought In 2012:
1. Bulletstorm
2. Crysis 2
3. Duke Nukem Forever
4. GTA 4
5. Max Payne
6. Max Payne 2
7. Max Payne 3

Beat in 2012:
1. Renegade Ops
2. Deus Ex: Human Revolution + Missing Link
3. BioShock
4. Crysis 2
5. Portal
6. Max Payne
7. Max Payne 2
8. Medal Of Honor
9. BioShock 2

Total Score: +2

Backlog Priorities:
Dead Space
Dead Space 2
Duke Nukem Forever
GTA 4

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
Bought in 2012
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
SSX
Max Payne 3

Beat in 2012
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
Rock Band 3
FEAR

Score = 0

I had told myself that I wasn't going to buy any new games after SSX (at least not for a very long time), but I couldn't resist MP3. :(

FEAR was awesome. Excellent gunplay and phenomenal AI. However, it wasn't very scary... I think a lot of the atmosphere was killed by the sound of your own footsteps in the surround speakers, which were probably the WORST-sounding footsteps I've ever heard in a game; it was like the sound of someone half-shuffling, half-dancing across a concrete floor. No one walks like that! The music was pretty cheesy, too.

Rock Band 3, well, I just wanted to "beat" it and get it the fuck out my life forever, so I completed all of the Road Challenges (on pro drums) to satisfy that. I hadn't played it in like six months, but I made myself sit down and marathon through it over the course of a day. I just suddenly grew really tired of these games one day a while back, and man did it feel good to delete all of that DLC.

stonedwal

Bit unfocused at the moment, starting things and not really getting anywhere. Being sick over the past week didn't help. Really wanted to shift my attention to the PS2, DS and Wii over the next three months.

Bought in 2012: -5
Beaten in 2012: +32
Current Score: +27

Bought:
Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS)
Mass Effect 3 (360)
Binary Domain (PS3)
Diablo III (PC)

Beaten:
Mortal Kombat Armageddon (Wii)
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (Xbox)
Total Overdose (Xbox)
Deathrow (Xbox)
Sid Meier's Pirates! (Xbox)
Sly 2: Band of Thieves (PS3, Sly Trilogy)
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves (PS3, Sly Trilogy)
The House of the Dead: Overkill - Director's Cut (PS3)
Urban Chaos: Riot Response (Xbox)
NBA Jam (PS3)
Banjo-Tooie (XBLA)
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (3DS)
Dead Island (360)
God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PS3, Origins Collection)
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (GCN)
Resident Evil 0 (GCN)
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast (PS3)
Mass Effect 3 (360)
WWE Day of Reckoning (GCN)
WWE Day of Reckoning 2 (GCN)
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 (360)
Binary Domain (PS3)
Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage (PS3)
Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Wii)
Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce (360)
The Saboteur (360)
Crysis 2 (360)
Sonic Generations (360)
Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Wii)
Project Snowblind (Xbox)

Currently playing:
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within. Apparently I'm about 3/4 of the way through, but I am seriously not enjoying it.
Burnout Paradise: Playing a couple of races a night, might eventually finish them all.
Resistance 3: Keep running into glitches - expected to blow through it in half a day.

JerkShep

Bought in 2012:
Dark Souls (360)
Mass Effect 3 (360)
Final Fantasy XIII-2 (360)
The Witcher 2: Enchanted Edition (360)
Rayman Origins (360)
Assassin's Creed: Revelations (360)

Finished in 2012:
Dark Souls
Vanquish
Heavy Rain
Mass Effect 3
Kingdom Hearts RE: Chain of Memories
The Witcher 2: Enchanted Edition
Final Fantasy XIII-2
+7

Score: +1

Currently playing: eh I've completed FFXIII-2 a couple days ago, I have a huuuge jrpg backlog but I don't know If I'm going to have the strenght necessary to begin another 40-50 hours game. Rayman Origins seems more likely. The cheap UK games are killing my backlog, most of the games that I bought this year are 10-15£ deals that I couldn't resist

nonnocere

Update - 5/26/12
http://backloggery.com/caduceus

January 2012
Purchased: 0
Finished: +2

February 2012
Purchased: -2
Finished: +2

March
Purchased: -2
Finished: +1

April
Purchased: -7 - My sins were many
Finished: +1
Batman Arkham City (PS3) - 47/50, just can't get the last two campaign rooms

May
Purchased: 0
Finished:+1
Crackdown 2 (360) - main story complete

Total: -6

LEGO Star Wars 3 (360) - 100%
Sly 3 (PS3) - Platinum
Uncharted 2 (PS3) - Platinum
Saints Row 2 (360) - 42 achievements
Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning (360) - 1000/1000
Batman Arkham City (PS3) - 47/50
Crackdown 2 (360) - 19/70

zkylon

zkylewd
Bought: -1
Divinity II: DKS

Beaten: +2
Stacking (liked)
Persona 3 (liked)

2012 Total: -3

Moved forward a tiny bit this month. Will see to finish Hard Reset and the ARMA 2 campaign, plus Max Payne 3 this coming month...

So this is for the entire year of 2012 right? K. Here are the games I have beaten: (I've kept track of this stuff)

01/04/11: FaceRaiders (3DS)
01/10/11: Cut The Rope: Holiday Gifts (iOS)
01/17/11: Super 8-Bit Santa (iOS)
03/09/12: WarioWare Inc. (3DS VC)
03/11/12: Super Mario Bros. (3DS VC)
03/12/12: Super Mario 3D Land (100%)
03/15/12: Sonic's Triple Trouble (3DS VC)
03/18/12: Super Mario Galaxy 2 (100%) (Wii)
03/24/12: Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS)
04/04/12: Final Fantasy IV (DS)
04/11/12: Mutant Mudds (100%) (3DS)
04/14/12: Super Mario Bros. (All Stars Version) (Wii)
04/15/12: Kirby's Dreamland 3 (Wii VC)
04/16/12: Kirby's Mass Attack (DS)
04/17/12: Super Mario Bros. 3 (All Stars Version) (Wii)
04/22/12: Shantae: Risky's Revenge (3DS)
05/04/12: Wario Land: Shake It! (Wii)
05/04/12: Mario VS DK (3DS)
05/16/12: Super Mario 3D Land 200% Playthrough (Second Total) (3DS)
05/18/12: Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars (Wii)
05/21/12: Uncharted: Drake's Fortune(PS3)
05/22/12: Super Princess Peach (DS)
05/26/12: Sly Cooper: Thievious Racoonus (PS3)

So +23 I think? I suck at counting when things are so close together. Thats really good by my standards.

My backlog: (I will not be including games that I have no plans to beat, or games that I know I can't beat like Super Mario Bros: The Lost Levels)

Ones marked with a * is a game that I am currently playing. But I plan to beat them all, especially since I won't be getting to many games since I am low on money and need to save most of what I have for Wii U.

Also stuff like Mario Vs DK being beaten while Mario VS DK +Levels not is because I consider the, two seperate games. Just how I roll. So you may see a few odd choices. I also have games that I plan to replay in this list if thats alright.

3DS: - 32
Devil Survivor: Overclocked*
Final Fantasy: Four Heroes of Light
Magical Starsign
Zenonia*
Mario VS DK +Levels
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (Replay)
Wario Land 4 (Replay)
Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones
The Legendar Starfy
New Super Mario Bros.
Might Switch Force DLC
Dillon's Rolling Western*
3D Classics: Kid Icarus* (Might give up on this...or look at videos on how to get powerups and restart.)
Yoshi's Island (100%)*
Metroid Fusion
Kirby & The Amazing Mirror
Metroid*
The Legend of Zelda
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Adventure
Art Style Pictobits
Kirby Super Star Ultra
Kirby's Canvas Curse
Kirby's Squeek Squad
Big Bang Mini
Mario VS DK 2
Yoshi Touch and Go
Yoshi's Island 2 (Replay)
Metroid Prime Hunters
Pokemon Ranger
Megaman Zero Collection
Okamiden* (Don't think I'll finish this. Have no idea where to go...)
Radiant Historia

Wii - 11
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess* (5th Replay)
Final Fantasy I* (So much grinding....)
Breath of Fire II*
Paper Mario*
Castlevania*
Mega Man 3*
Super Mario Bros. 2* (All Stars Version)
Okami (After Wii U & After Okamiden...if I ever beat it)
DoReMi Fantasy
Pilotwings
Xenoblade (Not playing until Wii U launch since my Wii won't read Dual Discs. And yes I know there are solutions but I don't care. I'm fine with waiting.)

i have alot more Wii VC games but I dont plan on playing anymore till after Wii U so I'm not counting them plus I don't know which ones I actually wanna play and beat...

PS3 - 13
Final Fantasy XIII*
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (Replay on harder difficulty)
Far Cry 2*
Trine
Demon's Souls* (I will never beat this. Dunno why I'm listing it. Guess since I am currently paying it. Still at 1-1)
Sonic Unleashed
Killzone 2*
Tomb Raider...whichever one came out on PSN+
Sonic Adventure*
Sonic The Hedgehog*
Sonic The Hedgehog 2
Sonic The Hedgehog 3
Sonic The Hedgehog 4 Epiosde 1

XBox 360 - 7
Fallout 3*
BioShock*
Kameo: Elements of Power*
Outland*
BloodRayne Betreyal*
Banjo Kazooie (Given up at moment. To many collectibles...so well hidden...)
Beyond Good & Evil

PSP - 7
Final Fantasy VIII* (Kinds hard and boring at the same time.)
Silent Hill: Origins

Everything else is under a different PSN name so I don't plan on playing them until I beat what I currently have a permanatly switch.
Patapon
Loco Roco
Disagea 1 (The RPG game. Sorry if I got name wrong)
Monkey Ball: Adventure (I think? Can't check PSP games right now.)
10 Minute Hero

GBA - 3
Final Fantasy V Advance*
Drill Dozer
Sword of Mana

Game Boy Pocket - 2
The Final Fantasy Legend*
Solomon's Club

iOS - 7
Mage Gauntlet*
Kami Retro*
Pocket Academy
League of Evil
Dragon Fantasy
Gaurdian Saga
The Hunger Games...game

Nintendo 64 - 1
Donkey Kong 64*

i have to many other iOS games to look at which ones I may replay but frankly, nothing else should count since they keep adding stuff to their games lol.

Total: -83 + 23 = -60 (Did I do that right? i don't think so. Correct answer is till -81

SMH. Didn't think it was that bad.

Also Bought games: (I am not sure of some of these dates)

February: Donkey Kong 64
March: Radiant Historia
03/15/12: Sonic TripleTrouble (Beaten)
03/23/12: Kid Icarus Uprising
05/20/12: Mario Tennis Open

I will buy Pikmin 2 and NSMB 2

So thats -7 atleast in the bought department.

So total -90 or -7 +23 = +16?...I think I got confusied on the rules...

As a bonus since I keep track of this stuff, here is when I started playing games. (I only kept track of this recently)

3/29: BloodRayne: Betrayel
3/31: Sly Cooper
4/16: Pokemon Platinum (I don't count this since there is no beating Pokemon games to me.)
4/17: Go! Go! Kokopolo! (Not counted since I don't think I'll beat it.)
04/29/12: Wario Land: Shake It!
05/06/12: Super Princess Peach
05/09/12: Super Mario 3D Land 200% Playthrough (Second Total)
05/20/12: Mario Tennis Open (I don't count this since I play for online)
05/21/12: Kameo: Elements of Power
05/23/12: Far Cry 3
06/10/12: Pikmin 2

Edit: Edited since I forgot a couple games. I think I misunderstood the rules...oh well.

Ledsen

So this is for the entire year of 2012 right? K. Here are the games I have beaten: (I've kept track of this stuff)

You can count however you want of course, but the rules in the OP, which is how most people do it, state that

* If you finish a game in your backlog, it counts as +1.
* If you buy or otherwise acquire a new game, that counts as -1.
* The goal is to have as high a number as possible.

So games that you already own aren't minus post according to that system, only games you've bought in 2012.

ghibli99

Just count -1's for games you bought in 2012. If we counted everything in our backlog, I think we'd all be rockin' some major negative numbers! :)

5/28 Update

Bought 2 games (Diablo III, Kirby's Block Ball), beat 3 (Darksiders, Kirby's Block Ball, The 3rd Birthday). Working my way back up to 0.

Backloggery

Bought in 2012: -26
Beat in 2012: 25
Current Score: -1

Bought
  • Super Stardust Delta
  • Resident Evil: Revelaitons
  • Mutant Mudds
  • Metal Torrent
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • Tales of the Abyss
  • Kid Icarus: 3D Classics
  • Mario's Picross
  • The 3rd Birthday
  • Patapon 2
  • Motorstorm RC
  • WipEout 2048
  • Unit 13
  • Dissidia duodecim Final Fantasy
  • Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
  • Trials Evolution
  • Fez
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • The World Ends With You
  • Monster Tale
  • Mortal Kombat
  • ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead
  • Diablo III
  • Kirby's Block Ball

Completed
  • Super Stardust Delta
  • Portal 2
  • Child of Eden
  • Shinobi
  • Nano Assault
  • Resident Evil: Revelations
  • Vanquish
  • Batman Arkham City
  • Mutant Mudds
  • Metal Torrent
  • L.A. Noire
  • Xevious 3D Classics
  • Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary Edition
  • Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
  • Metal Torrent
  • Kid Icarus Uprising
  • Monster Tale
  • Mario's Picross
  • Darksiders
  • Kirby's Block Ball
  • The 3rd Birthday

Currently Playing
  • Xenoblade Chronicles
  • Tales of the Abyss
  • Mortal Kombat

Impressions

Darksiders - Probably should have avoided playing this game so soon after beating Skyward Sword. I was into it at first, but after eight hours or so, I started getting tired with the game. The beginning of the game felt so fresh, using Zelda mechanics in an urban environment, but I don't feel like the game did enough to keep that engagement. After getting the exact same kind of items you would get in a Zelda game, it becomes too similar and I had to force myself to finish it. The portal item was cool though.

The 3rd Birthday - I was really into the original Parasite Eve on the Playstation, but don't recall ever beating it. I think I had rented the second one, but didn't find it as interesting, so this was my first time diving into the Parasite Eve universe in a long, long time. I felt as lost as I do with the Kingdom Hearts games, but after reading some wiki articles, I think I have a general understanding of what happened. I actually didn't mind the game so much - being able to use the second stick on the Vita worked well, and the game is neither too long or too short. The fan-servicey stuff can be a bit over the top.

Kirby's Block Ball - Interesting take on the Breakout formula, but I wish they would have done more with Kirby's powers.

Brashnir

It is, but that was just an arbitrary date picked because the thread was started in January.

For people joining now, if you can't remember that far back (those who don't keep track like you do), it's OK to start from today or as far back as you can remember. The goal is to take a bite out of backlogs, not be a test of a person's long-term memory.

Yuterald

I have never contributed to this thread before. This is the first year I've been keep track of the games I've beaten/completed (on a text document) because my backlog/collection is a bit out of control. I just got done counting all the games I've purchased between retail & digital and it's CRAZY how much shit I've purchased. A LOT of it has been digital which is odd because it's a format I'm not too crazy about, lol! Anyway, here is my breakdown (I took a few liberties in the scoring):

Games Bought in 2012: -40
Games Beaten in 2012: +16
Games Beaten & Completed 100% in 2012: _+10
Games Beaten in 2011, but 100%'ed in 2012: -2
Total Beaten: +24
Current Score: -16 (I don't feel so good about this) =/

Games Beaten in 2012:
Trinity: Souls of Zil Ol (PS3)
Mindjack(PS3)
Resident Evil: Revealations (3DS)
Cubic Ninja (3DS)
Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword (3DS eShop)
Jak II (PS3)
Binary Domain (PS3)
Journey (PSN)
3D Classics: Kid Icarus (eShop)
The Last Story (Wii)
Terranigma (SNES)
Soul Blazer (SNES)
Kid Icarus: Uprising (3DS)
Rocket Knight (PSN)

Games Beaten & 100% Completed in 2012:
Oddworld Strangers Wrath HD (PS3)
Jak & Daxter HD (PS3)
Nano Assault (3DS)
Mutant Mudds (3DS eShop)
Soul Blazer (SNES)
Pandora's Tower (Wii)
Wonder Boy in Monster Land {PSN)
Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door (GCN)

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)*
Kirby: Return to Dreamland (Wii)*

Little King's Story (Wii)**
New Super Mario Bros. (Wii)**

* I beat Skyward & Kirby Wii back in 2011, but I wasn't completely DONE 100% with them until 2012. I guess I can't included these in my total either. =/

**These two games I've technically completed years ago, but I am a bit obsessive with game completion (at times) and I went back this year and sorta "updated" my save file for these two games. In Little King's Story I FINALLY beat Tyrant difficulty. In New Super Mario Bros. I maxed my item stock to 99. Silly to not consider them complete until now, but it's kinda how I look at things. Since I didn't really beat these games for the first time in 2012 I won't count them in my score.

entremet

Bought in 2012
1. Skyward Sword
2. Mario Kart 7
3. Super Mario 3DLand
4. Kirby's Epic Yarn
5. Journey
6. Trials Evolution

Cleared in 2012
1. Skyward Sword
2. Mass Effect 2: Arrival
3. Super Mario 3DLand
4. Mario Kart 7
5. DKCR

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Played
Jan
Bulletstorm(PC)
Portal 2(PC)
Mass Effect(PC)
Mass Effect 2(PC)

Feb
Dragon Age Origns Ultimate Edition(PC)
Deus Ex Human Revolution Missing Link(PC)

March
Mirror's Edge(PC)

April
Hunted:Demon Forge(PC)
Final Fantasy XIII-2(360)

May
Batman Arkham City(PC)
Dawn of War II(PC)
Diablo III(PC)

Total: +10

Bought

January
Battlefield 3(Amazon DD): 25$
Duke Nukem Forever(Amazon DD):1$
Risen 6(Amazon DD)$

Feb
Gundam Extreme Versus(Ebay): 84$
Supreme Commander(Amazon DD) 3.75$

March
Dragon Knight Saga(Amazon DD): 6$
Tales of Graces F(Amazon): 40$

April
Nada

May
Diablo III(Newegg):49.99$

Bought: -8

I exclude repurchases of old titles.

Bought in 2012: -15

Payday: The Heist (PC)
Zombie Shooter (PC)
Sonic Generations (PC)
Lucid (PC)
Space Pirates and Zombies (PC)
Serious Sam 3 (PC)
Saints Row: The Third (PC)
Dustforce (PC)
Dear Esther (PC)
Diablo 3 (PC)
The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim (PC)
TERA (PC)
Binding of Isaac Wrath of the Lamb (PC)

Finished in 2012: +12

Bastion (PC)
Hydrophobia: Prophecy (PC)
Resident Evil 5 (PC)
Trine (PC)
Zeno Clash (PC)
Braid (PC)
Metro 2033 (PC)
Halo: Reach (360)
Red Dead Redemption (360)
Mafia II (PC)

Total: -3

r@v3n

I am currently at 0

Bought

F1 2011
Kingdoms of Amalur : The Reckoning
Mass Effect 3
Driver San Francisco
Max Payne 3

Finished

Yakuza 3
Yakuza 4
Assassin's Creed Revelations
Mass Effect 3
Skyrim

Ledsen

So since last time I posted, I bought 8 games (that I'm counting, more from bundles and re-buys) and only beat 3 :(
I'm about to beat Sanitarium (great game), and am probably going to tackle Alice or Spirit Tracks next.
I'm only on chapter 3 of Alice, but I've hit kind of a road block since the game is soooooo looooong and draaaawn oooooout.
Also last year I beat 34 games, this year I've beaten 17 so far and it's only been 5 months. Yay :)

Backloggery

Bought in 2012: -44
Beat in 2012: 17
Current Score: -27

--Bought--
  • Zelda: Spirit Tracks (NDS)
  • Alpha Protocol (PC)
  • DoDonPachi Resurrection (360)
  • Rayman Origins (360)
  • Shadows of the Damned (360)
  • Crysis 2 (PC)
  • Risen (PC)
  • Clive Barker's Undying (PC)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii)
  • Wolfenstein 2009 (PC)
  • Rage (PC)
  • Red Faction: Armageddon (PC)
  • World in Conflict (PC)
  • Dragon Quest: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (NDS)
  • Blue Dragon (360)
  • Ys: The Oath in Felghana (PC)
  • Batman: Arkham City (PC)
  • Ultima Underworld (PC)
  • Ultima Underworld 2 (PC)
  • Might & Magic 4-5: World of Xeen (PC)
  • Might & Magic 6 (PC)
  • Might & Magic 7 (PC)
  • Might & Magic 8 (PC)
  • Legend of Grimrock (PC)
  • Stonekeep (PC)
  • Freespace 2 (PC)
  • Lone Survivor (PC)
  • Lands of Lore (PC)
  • Lands of Lore 2 (PC)
  • Botanicula (PC)
  • The Sabouteur (PC)
  • No One Lives Forever (PC)
  • No One Lives Forever 2 (PC)
  • Sonic CD (PC)
  • Dear Esther (PC)
  • Divinity II: The Dragon Knight Saga (PC)
  • Alpha Centauri (PC)
  • Payday: The Heist (PC)
  • Aliens: Infestation (NDS)
  • King's Field: The Ancient City (PS2)
  • Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor (PC)
  • Crusader Kings II (PC)
  • Victoria II (PC)
  • Magicka Collection (PC)

--Re-bought on PC/bought in bundle and won't play (don't count as "bought")--
  • Alan Wake (PC)
  • Tomb Raider Legend (PC)
  • Tomb Raider Anniversary (PC)
  • Tomb Raider Underworld (PC)
  • Mirror's Edge (PC)
  • Might & Magic 1 (PC)
  • Might & Magic 2 (PC)
  • Might & Magic 3 (PC)
  • Metro 2033
  • Bioshock (PC)
  • Sword of the Stars II: Lords of Winter (PC)
  • Swords of the Star - Complete Collection (PC)

--Beaten--
  • Goldeneye Wii
  • Renegade Ops
  • Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
  • Shadows of the Damned $
  • Space Marine
  • Puzzle Agent 2
  • Sonic Generations
  • RAGE $
  • Shank
  • Duke Nukem Forever
  • Red Faction: Armageddon $
  • NyxQuest
  • Bulletstorm
  • Legend of Grimrock $
  • Dead Rising 2: Case Zero
  • Sonic 3

--Now Playing--
  • The Saboteur
  • Lone Survivor
  • Blue Dragon
  • Rayman Origins
  • Starcraft 2
  • Dragon Quest: Hand of the Heavenly Bride
  • Ultima Underworld
  • Dragon Age: Origins
  • Dead Island
  • Sanitarium
  • Blocks that Matter
  • Hard Corps: Uprising
  • The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
  • Just Cause 2
  • Alice: Madness Returns
  • Nimbus
  • Back to the Future
  • Heroes of Might & Magic V
  • The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  • Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4
  • Shin Megami Tensei: Digital Devil Saga 2
  • Mega Man 9
  • Muramasa: The Demon Blade
  • Xenoblade
  • Super Street Fighter 4: Arcade Edition
  • Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising
  • Jedi Knight: Dark Forces
  • Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
  • Amnesia: The Dark Descent
  • Fallout: New Vegas
  • Riven

Total backlog: 128 games
(=all "Unfinished" games in my Backloggery, doesn't include any "unfinishable" games like Civ IV-V, Paradox grand strategy, racing games etc...)

$ - indicates game purchased in 2012

Yuripaw

Banned
Decided to subscribe to this thread, and use it as a means to try not to buy any more games for a long time. I buy so many more games than I ever play, and last year was probably worse, but this one isn't any better so far. Granted, some of these I got at a fairly cheap price, but some I didn't. Here's my list so far...

Games Bought in 2012:

Xbox 360:
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3
Clash of Heroes
Dead Rising 2 Off the Record
Devil May Cry 4
Dragon's Dogma
Fez
Gears of War 3
Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning
Mass Effect 3
Ninety Nine Nights
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier
Vanquish

Xbox original:
Doom 3
Ninja Gaiden Black
Panzer Dragoon Orta
Jet Set Radio Future

PS3:
Journey
Tales of Graces F

PS2:
Xenosaga 1
Ys The Ark of Napishtim

PSVita:
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Wipeout 2048
Hot Shots Golf World Invitational

PSP:
Final Fantasy IV Complete
Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy
Legend of Heroes Trials in the Sky
Final Fantasy Tactics
Corpse Party
Maverick Hunter X

PC:
Alice Madness Returns
Binary Domain
Cryostasis
Darkspore
Diablo 3
Dragon Age Origins
Dragon Age 2
Dungeon Siege 3
Need for Speed Hot Pursuit
Resident Evil Operation Raccoon City
Syndicate
Titan Quest
Trine

Games Beaten in 2012: (I don't know
Gears of War 3
Mass Effect 3
Journey
Tales of Graces F
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Uncharted 3 Drake's Deception

So for my first check in...
Bought in 2012: -42
Beaten in 2012: +6
Current Score: -36

Not off to a great start. Gotta get to work.

Update for May:

Very productive month for me. I feel like I am still on pace to get through the "must play" games in my backlog by the end of 2012, leaving only games that I'd like to get to, but won't get bent out of shape about not getting around to them for a while.

http://backloggery.com/thebigg753

January-April (+1):

Bought (-13)
Finished (+14)

May (+6):

Bought (0):

Beaten (+6):

Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker HD (360)
Heavy Rain (PS3)
Mirror's Edge (360)
God of War HD (PS3)
God of War II HD (PS3)
God of War III (PS3)

2012 Score: (+7)

January Post - Score: -3

February Post - Score: -4

March Post - Score: -4

April Post - Score: -1

Current Score: -2

Bought in May 2012 (-2):

The Walking Dead (steam, all 5 episodes, won't count this as "Finished" until all 5 are done)
Diablo 3

Finished in May 2012 (1):

Diablo 3 - Finished Normal with a level 33 Monk.

Currently Playing:

Dragon's Dogma - I'm only an hour or two in but I deleted the game data from my PS3 last night. I just can't figure this game out. Should I not have gone into the well so early in the game? I'm getting my ass handed to me by those lizards.

Diablo 3 - I've got a few other characters going besides my Monk and am constantly changing my mind about taking a break on this game. There's other stuff to be done. But the call is strong.

The Walking Dead: Episode One - I put off playing this until I could conveniently get my wife to sit down and play it with me. She's a huge fan of the show, and knowing this was a Telltale game with a strong story emphasis, I figured it might hold her interest. I was not wrong. We both are highly anticipating the next installment.

Here's a summary of the year so far. My initial goal was to decrease the backlog with about twenty games, but at this point I'm more likely to end up ±0.

I'm currently playing Atelier Meruru and Resistance: Retribution.

iFC7C.png

Added the following games to the backlog:
January
• Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness - Episode One (not counting it since I already beat it once)
• Penny Arcade Adventures: On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness - Episode Two
• Ben There, Dan That!
• Time Gentlemen, Please!
• Lost Planet: Colonies
• Iron Roses
• Sniper: Ghost Warrior*
• Nitronic Rush*
• Renegade Ops*

February
• Final Fantasy XIII-2
• Super Stardust Delta
• Everybody's Golf
• Asphalt Injection
• Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
• Rayman Origins
• Lumines: Electric Symphony
• Cliff Diving*
• Table Football*
• Fireworks*
• 1... 2... 3... KICK IT! (Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby)*
• WipEout 2048

March
• Afrika
• Frobisher Says!*
• Escape Plan
• Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland
• flOw
• Journey
• Devil Survivor 2
• Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland
• Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell†
• Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow†
• Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory†
• Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent†
• Far Cry†
• Far Cry 2†
• Final Fantasy XIV†
• Canabalt
• Outcast
• BrowserQuest*
• Legend of Grimrock

April
• Cities in Motion*
• Flying Sweden*
• Pure Chess
• Memento*
• Tinysasters*
• Lands of Lore: The Throne of Chaos
• Lands of Lore: Guardians of Destiny
• Inazuma Eleven 2
• Catherine
• Yakuza:Dead Souls

May
• Parameters*
• Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands*
• Diablo III
• Realm of the Mad God*
• Disciples II*
• Atelier Meruru: The Apprentice of Arland
• Resistance: Retribution

Completed
January
• Blade Master
• Advance Wars: Dark Conflict
• Dead Space 2
• Nitronic Rush
• Bastion
• Another World: 15th Anniversary Edition
• Limbo
• Renegade Ops
• Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri
• Killzone 3
• Gunforce
• In the Hunt
• Undercover Cops
• Killzone Liberation
• GunForce 2
• Ben There, Dan That!

February
• Ys: The Ark of Napishtim
• Vigilante
• Ninja Spirit
• Iron Roses
• Dragon Breed
• Mystic Riders
• Crazy Taxi
• SEGA Bass Fishing
• Crysis
• Super Stardust Delta

March
• WipEout 2048
• 1... 2... 3... KICK IT! (Drop That Beat Like an Ugly Baby)
• Lumines: Electric Symphony
• Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
• Journey
• flOw
• Everybody's Golf
• Escape Plan
• Frobisher Says!
• Cliff Diving
• Fireworks
• Lumines: Block Challenge
• Canabalt
• BrowserQuest
• Atelier Totori: The Adventurer of Arland

April
• Asphalt Injection
• Table Football
• Rayman Origins
• Legend of Grimrock
• Flying Sweden
• Pure Chess
• Memento
• Tinysasters

May
• Parameters
• Atelier Rorona: The Alchemist of Arland
• Time Gentlemen, Please!
• Monkey Island 2 Special Edition: LeChuck's Revenge
• Realm of the Mad God
• Diablo III

* - free
† - all seven games together cost me $0.15

Phew! That was a lot of text. Now I can do monthly updates instead.

Netto-kun

Right now I am playing Fire Emblem: New Mystery of Emblem (the second DS remake), which is a huge improvement over Shadow Dragon (except for the horrible character portraits). I also played a little bit of Final Fantasy XII International Zodiac Job System (5 hours). And wow, even with the fast-forward option I'll probably spend forever doing Hunts and exploring areas before I beat the main game.

But oh my, May was even slower than April. Friend randomly gifted me Rayman Origins when it was on sale, and Rockstar gave me the free copy of Midnight Club II. First half of the month was spent on finishing Ao no Kiseki which was aaaaaawesome till the very end. Bought Ys Origin a couple of hours ago and beaten the game over again using save files from the Groupon version. With summer vacation coming soon, I should have more time playing and finishing games, hopefully!

Games bought in May:
Rayman Origins (Steam)
Midnight Club II (Steam)
Ys Origin (Steam)

Games beaten in May:
The Legend of Heroes: Ao no Kiseki (PSP)
Ys Origin (Steam)

May
Bought: 3
Beaten: 2
March score: -1

April
Beaten: 7
March score: +4

March
Beaten: 5
March score: +2

February
Bought: 6
Beaten: 8
February score: +2

January
Beaten: 8
January score: +5

Backloggery

ghibli99

Decided to make a chart like archnemesis' (hope you don't mind!)...

20120531backlogchart.jpg

With the news of Jason Rubin stepping in as President of THQ, I started playing Crash Bandicoot (PS1). Holds up reasonably well, although there are some oldschool design bits that are fairly antiquated by today's standards. Still fun, though!

Also making my way through the first world of Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble! (SNES). The open world-like maps are... I don't know. I'm only in the first world, but I don't know if they really add anything. I like how quickly I can go from area to area in the previous two games.

Top Bottom