• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Wii U Speculation Thread VI: The Undiscovered Country

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pre-loaded games would be wtfawesome.

If even some of the stuff we've been hearing about the online strategy comes true some people are gonna be eating a lot of their words about Nintendo's ability to deliver a legit online interface.

Luigison

Man, I'm actually getting excited. I told myself I wouldn't :-/ I'm just gonna end up getting disappointed.

What do you guys want to see there, game-wise? I'm looking forward to seeing something regarding...

-Zelda 3DS
-NSMB2
-Mario Wii U
-Smash Bros Wii U
-New Metroid
I'd love to see new versions of:
  • Excite Truck with touch screen track design
  • Wario Ware using head tracking
  • Super Mario Sunshine with a new gadget instead of Fluud
I have more confidence in Rare's game though.

Oddduck

So a pretty good source of mine just told me that you will be able to buy Wii U purchases (up to and including otherwise-retail games) through your phone.

S/he didn't know if it was an app or just online purchases, but suggested that the possibility of pre-loading games is something Nintendo is looking in to.

Pretty cool stuff.

I was expecting them to do something like this, but it's good to hear there's a likely chance of this happening.

ElRenoRaven

I'd love to see new versions of:
  • Excite Truck with touch screen track design
  • Wario Ware using head tracking
  • Super Mario Sunshine with a new gadget instead of Fluud
I have more confidence in Rare's game though.

Oh yea. Another Excite Truck would be great to have too. Totally forgot about that.

So a pretty good source of mine just told me that you will be able to buy Wii U purchases (up to and including otherwise-retail games) through your phone.

S/he didn't know if it was an app or just online purchases, but suggested that the possibility of pre-loading games is something Nintendo is looking in to.

Iwata actually confirmed this two investor meetings ago. :p

At their last meeting, they confirmed you will be able to purchase retail games through Nintendo Network, and two meetings ago, they confirmed eShop for as a website and mobile app.

Zero148

right know I'm too hyped for all this. I'm out, see you guys tommorow when the bombs are dropped, I have to sleep.

(Only 20hours and 37 minutes to go)

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
We need to do some bets about the news i posted in regard to Nintendo giving instructions to companies to use their intellectual proprieties !

What do you think it will be ? The winners get bagels, butter & salmon for awesome sandwiches !

Not liking the "Nintendo IPs being farmed to for talking social applications" rumour. Blech.

That would be so cool and convenient. And it'd be sweet if abstract alien's theory about them launching the app early during E3 for a special eShop surprise turned out to be true.

We need to do some bets about the news i posted in regard to Nintendo giving instructions to companies to use their intellectual proprieties !

What do you think it will be ? The winners get bagels, butter & salmon for awesome sandwiches !

Angry Birdos.

edit: Maybe I poorly read the original, but is Nintendo requiring the companies to still present their usage of the character to NCL for approval?

Bullza2o

Hey guys, remember when I said the OS would not be shown on stage at E3?

Well Nintendo Direct is a good play to show some OS :p

There won't be Wii U OS demo videos for the press during E3, really? That was one thing I was looking forward to see, but Nintendo Direct should not disappoint.

Special code that can be embedded into websites so that when browsed to those sites on a Wii-U, the sites come alive with animating, talking Nintendo characters that have access to your gameplay information, such as what games you've been playing, achievements earned, etc

Man, I'm actually getting excited. I told myself I wouldn't :-/ I'm just gonna end up getting disappointed.

What do you guys want to see there, game-wise? I'm looking forward to seeing something regarding...

-Zelda 3DS
-NSMB2
-Mario Wii U
-Smash Bros Wii U
-New Metroid

Zelda 3DS
Retro's Wii U game
2-D Metroid 5(keep dreaming I know)
Mario Wii U
Donkey Kong Country Returns 2 3DS

Ah, wow, I just got the Nintendo Direct email. They're pushing it pretty hard, then.

That would be very evil.. I'm imagining a lot of upside-down and really twisty tracks being made. Lots of major, major air - flying long, long distances, etc.

That'd be at least half a year for me right there. Geez.

Excellent, this would mean that Nintendo is finally up to date with PC racing games from twenty years ago.

(shockingly, would this make Sony and Microsoft more out of date than Nintendo? the mind flibbles)

BlackJace

Hey guys, remember when I said the OS would not be shown on stage at E3?

Well Nintendo Direct is a good play to show some OS :p

The OS is my most anticipated part about the Wii U. Ninty can really fucking shine with it if properly executed.

If it's an evolution of the channels look....I'll be disappointed, but it is what it is.

So what games have you guys been playing to keep you occupied until Tuesday? Me:

1.Earthbound (SNES cart)
2.Gradius Gaiden (PSP collection)
3.Yoshi's Island DS (getting perfect level scores is crazy hard)

AGITΩ

so besides streaming their developer round table for like the first time ever, also a Nintendo Direct to show off the Hardware? Then now I'm really expecting a half and half conference just because Wii U will be covered by others Venue, so that way at the Conference they can have a good showing of 3DS stuff besides a sizzle reel and Wii U stuff as well.

Linkhero1

I've been playing the following the past few days. All multiplayer of course.

1. Day of Reckoning 2
2. Soul Calibur II
3. Timesplitters 2

DrWong

7editeurs20120603_032454_2_big.jpg
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=476612

HylianTom

Banned
So what games have you guys been playing to keep you occupied until Tuesday? Me:

1.Earthbound (SNES cart)
2.Gradius Gaiden (PSP collection)
3.Yoshi's Island DS

I just finished Fragile Dreams last week, but haven't been able to concentrate long enough to start a new game.

But after E3 week is over, I'll be having my Wii sendoff by playing a whole summer of Super Mario Galaxy.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Angry Birdos.

edit: Maybe I poorly read the original, but is Nintendo requiring the companies to still present their usage of the character to NCL for approval?

As the texts are detailed instructions, nearly forbidding those external companies to use their proprieties in certain way (like avoiding to describe Mario too much as a plumber, or to over-use its italian accent to prevent any caricature), it surely implies some sort of close monitoring, Big N watching over the results, etc.

I'm just taking in the ridiculous hype that Nintendo has. There's barely any threads on Sony/Microsoft on the Gaming boards. Nintendo has already won E3, before the show even started. :\

I want a new game for my PS3 too.

IdeaMan

My source is my ass!
Special code that can be embedded into websites so that when browsed to those sites on a Wii-U, the sites come alive with animating, talking Nintendo characters that have access to your gameplay information, such as what games you've been playing, achievements earned, etc

Nintendo characters accompanying you on your checking of gameplay information... why not ? :)
It would make the thing more friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom