• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Anarchy Reigns Demo - May 31

jorgeton

I'm really enjoying the demo. Impressed! The music on the main menu and before you boot the game is great. Once you get a hang of the mechanics, it's pretty fun. The lock on sucks though. Ive died many a times thanks to the lock on screwing me over.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Oh so you can tap forward twice then attack to do a running attack while not running? Useful.

JPKellams

Laugh at amazingly hilarious english voice work.

Profit?

Glad you like it.

To answer some questions I get over and over:

1) Retail release has Japanese, English, French, Italian, and Spanish voice and subs.

2) Not sure if 360 is region free as that is a publisher thing. Vanquish was. Bayo wasn't. If you are worried about, wait until the game is out and order the JPN version if you like. Not gonna promise something and then have you guys make me take responsibity for it. :)

3) Action Trigger Event cutscenes can be disabled in the final build. Also, private matches have a fair amount of customization. Ranked, obviously, does not.

4) 360 and PS3 allow you to specify preferred region for online. The demo obviously assumes local region. Honestly, the speed of light is not changing, so hoping to play games with sub-200 pings to Japanese players is a bit unrealistic. Our net code holds up pretty well, but 250 plus pings will tend to get some warping. Can't beat physics.

Cool?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
So wait, it's official that the game won't come out of japan?

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Glad you like it.

To answer some questions I get over and over:

1) Retail release has Japanese, English, French, Italian, and Spanish voice and subs.

Cool?

Quite good to know. Any chance we could get a cast list for the voices as well?

Koralsky

Ok, some good news regarding western release?

Hey Everyone,

I have some good news about AR.

I work Saturdays at EB Games (Canadian version of Gamestop). We have TVs that play game trailers.

At the beginning of every month, we change the disk that contains the trailer roll. Rule of thumb is that they play the trailer for games coming out a month or two later.

Well today is June 2nd, we got a new trailer disk and what did it contain? AN ENGLISH FULL GAME TRAILER FOR ANARCHY REIGNS.

Oh man I was cheering it on, trust me. Especially since it was Anarchy Reigns, and not Max Anarchy.

Now as an EB Games employee I can tell you that our system still has it listed for preorder for July 3rd. The fact that the trailer is on our Monthly disk of game trailers means that Sega has forked up a lot of money for the marketing opportunity (companies pay big bucks to have trailers play in the store) and that they have done this recently.

Basically, expect a Western Release, and soon. Probably late summer or early fall (at the very latest).

If you don't believe me, go into any EB Games on the West Coast (I personally work in vancouver), hang out there for a while and you'll see the trailer play.

Full thread, here.

Mechazawa

I wonder what "English Full game trailer" means though. Hopefully not one of the older character spotlights.

But I guess the Gamestop TV thing is kind of a relief.

I love this game

But there is no point in buying it. (edit: if it doesn't release outside of japan...im trying to have a little faith JP)

no one in europe is playing it, and In my experience europeans are less likely to import japanese games on release.

No EU release means this is dead in the water for me.

Majukun

question for JP

Is some kind of post-release support for the game planned?

both DLC or just rebalancing of the characters if some of them will appear to be more strong than the others?

Atolm

4) 360 and PS3 allow you to specify preferred region for online. The demo obviously assumes local region. Honestly, the speed of light is not changing, so hoping to play games with sub-200 pings to Japanese players is a bit unrealistic. Our net code holds up pretty well, but 250 plus pings will tend to get some warping. Can't beat physics.

Cool?

That's cool to know indeed...but if I buy Max Anarchy now (JP ), will I be able to play with those buying Anarchy Reigns (overseas version) when it releases in the West?

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
How do you escape that satellite laser lol.

Also anyone up for PSN play?

Edit: Just roll at the last second I guess.

Kinyou

Had a team deathmatch and all of the sudden some giant robot called "Cthulhu" appeared and wrecked everything. lol

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
for what i know,you need to run a jump when he is in the first phase of locking..after a while,you can't escape the lock anymore.

He being anyone with the satellite laser weapon?

I just dodged it by rolling at the last second of the attack, so I guess that's it.

Mognet

How do you escape that satellite laser lol.

Also anyone up for PSN play?

Edit: Just roll at the last second I guess.

I usually just dodge roll at the right time I dodged two in a row in an earlier match. I also jumped off the ledge and into the water once and it saved me. lol

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
I hope in the final game you can boot people from your games. These 0 bar players, ahhh.

Shizzlee

I was just part of a all Baron team. Three of us used uppercut on different enemies at about the same time. It was a thing of beauty.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
Haha if you have spin master on and someone is trying to saiyan melee combo you, you can literally just keep mashing the spin attack and do it faster than normal.

G17

Hoping PlatinumGames offers a digital soundtrack that we can pay to download on their site. Any plans for that?

Whenever this kicks in .. it's insane. "I'm a soldier, you a soldier, we all soldiers".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzLEOOAvUAk

Haha if you have spin master on and someone is trying to saiyan melee combo you, you can literally just keep mashing the spin attack and do it faster than normal.

I think that's fair enough. You won't get the damage bonuses of the other add-ons and once it becomes predictable you can dodge and punish.

Mubbed

I just went 9-3 in team deathmatch. The rest of my team combined for 0-18. I'm surprised I wasn't slaughtered.
question for JP

Is some kind of post-release support for the game planned?

both DLC or just rebalancing of the characters if some of them will appear to be more strong than the others?

This is the only question I have remaining. Mainly regarding post-release patches.

Shizzlee

Nerf Baron's uppercut. It's a 1 hit KO on level 1 Leo while using the Destroyer perk. Baron haunts my dreams now. :(

Just played my first few online matches.

Netcode is amazingly solid. Just a fantastic showing from the boys at Platinum. Preorder for sure.

Naite

Oh wow I just learned Baron can jump from the tall building to the twin buildings without needing that pathway connecting them. Makes runaway a lot more interesting.

Oh so you can tap forward twice then attack to do a running attack while not running? Useful.

Thanks for that info. I've stolen so many kills since I learned about this. (Sorry to everyone I've done that to)

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
random note. when someone shoots the rockets at you. you can grab them mid air and throw them back.
Also, if someone throws an environmental item at you and you throw yours at the same time, they both cancel eachother out.

The sign posts are a little overpowered. I just destroyed a guy with one by grabbing it, throwing, at him, combo, grabbing and throwing again, then combo again. It'd be good if the throwing items self-destructed after one throw. It'd make them that much more valuable and would prevent spam abuse.

I wanna suggest that somewhere, where do I send feedback to?

Also, if someone throws an environmental item at you and you throw yours at the same time, they both cancel eachother out.

The sign posts are a little overpowered. I just destroyed a guy with one by grabbing it, throwing, at him, combo, grabbing and throwing again, then combo again. It'd be good if the throwing items self-destructed after one throw. It'd make them that much more valuable and would prevent spam abuse.

I wanna suggest that somewhere, where do I send feedback to?

You should try out tires. Those things are true items of terror.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
I have a much easier time escaping from tires than being impaled on the side of the head with a sign post. I actually escape from tires with the on-screen button presses. I don't so much escape the sign posts, it's more like someone lands a long-ass combo on me and it becomes dislodged somehow.

This game is bananas. I was playing team deathmatch and this helicopter came after everyone. So I threw a car at it. And then a black hole opened up and started sucking people in... a prompt came up to hit O and "hack" the chopper. So I grabbed onto it and started flying it around the level while mowing down people with its Gatling Gun.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
DOYO9.jpg

12-0 and we still lost (╯︵╰,)

Equus Bellator Apex

This game is bananas. I was playing team deathmatch and this helicopter came after everyone. So I threw a car at it. And then a black hole opened up and started sucking people in... a prompt came up to hit O and "hack" the chopper. So I grabbed onto it and started flying it around the level while mowing down people with its Gatling Gun.

Were you playing as a female character? Because I think was playing agaisnt you lol

Yuterald

PJ, could you answer some questions about the game? I asked these questions a few pages back in this thread, but they may have gotten lost in all the excitement. I'll understand if you can't answer these questions as they are a bit weird, hah!

1. Do the Bronze/Silver/Gold/Platinum Medals get displayed in a Total Results-like section/menu? Or are they simply a means to represent your score and they don't display anywhere?

2. I noticed there are combat related titles/honors like "20 Hit Combo" reached or "Treasure Seeker". I know these add to your score, but is there like a master check-list somewhere in-game that displays the ones you've earned?

I know these are kind of OCD-like questions, lol, but it's these kinds of details (especially the Medals being displayed somewhere) that would only make the game better for me. I love DMC/Bayonetta results screens where you can check your best rank in a cool list that displays them proudly! =)

Top Bottom