• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF's Best of E3 2012 Awards [Results In]

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Game of the Show
Planetside 2(PC): It looks to have the same scope as the original, but stronger shooter mechanics. And how they are planning F2P with no limits to character growth and progression even while not playing. Its definitely the strongest attempt yet a F2P MMO Shooter.

Best PC Game
Dishonored(PC): When they brought up the menu bar with 20 skills attached I was in love. When they mentioned that there are combos that could break the game if you invest the time. I was totally down to fuck right then and there.

Best Wii-U Title
Project-P100(Wii-U): Its a Kayima title. Say his name and I'm already interested.

Best 360 Title
Dust: Something Tale(XBLA): Its always been an interested since it was announced. Just happy to see it progressing.

Havok

Game of the Show: Halo 4

Best PS3 Game: The Last of Us

Best 360 Game: Halo 4

Best PC Game: Watch_Dogs

Best Tech: Star Wars 1313

chessnut

Game of the Show: The Last of Us

Best PlayStation 3 Game: The Last of Us

Best Xbox 360 Game: Halo 4

Best PC Game: Sim City

If only Halo was on the PC....

Jhriad

Game of the Show: Planetside 2
I loved the first one and the sequel looks like it'll be a great successor.

Best PlayStation 3 Game: Last of Us
Intriguing AI, story, and characters from the developer that brought us Uncharted.

It was a great looking peak at the new Halo.

Best Wii U Game: Rayman Legends

Best PC Game: Planetside 2

Best Portable Game: Sound Shapes

Best Tech: Planetside 2
If their new engine can actually handle 2000 players within a relatively small area of the map with few hitches in performance it'll be an impressive accomplishment.

Best Xbox 360 Game: Need for Speed: Most Wanted

Best Wii U Game: Project P-1000

Best Portable Game: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon

Best Tech: Star Wars 1313 (it's a fucking CG movie you can play! What the fuck!)

Game of the Show: The Last of Us. Kinda a jaw dropping demo on stage, the extended impressions sound even better. It's taking everything they learnt from making the first two Uncharted games and telling us how thrill rides aren't the be-all and end-all of their recently developed story-telling and world-building prowess. They showed a game which resonated with me strongly- that's worth the nod.

Game of the Show: Halo 4, it absolutely gave me that age-old feeling I had in Halo: CE of wonder and mystery, which is ridiculously exciting to me. That trailer gave me nerd chills ten times over. Not to mention how beautiful it all looked.

--

Best PlayStation 3 Game: Last of Us, Cannot wait for the next Naughty Dog game as a huge fan of Uncharted.

Best Xbox 360 Game: Halo 4, derp.

Best Wii U Game: Rayman Legends, Loved Origins, can't wait to play around with this - sadly, I don't see why this couldn't be on Xbox or PS3.

Best PC Game: Star Wars 1313, Huge SW nut. Loving the setting and the maturity here.

Best Portable Game: Paper Mario: Sticker Star, big Paper Mario fan, can't wait for this.

Best Tech: Beyond, Facial animation and mo-cap looked incredible on the PS3 - even better than LA Noire.

Game of the Show:
Halo 4
- Originally I was gonna put Watch Dogs here, but all the multiplayer footage and the fact that I care a bit more about this franchise pushed it over the top for me. Will probably be my GOTY.

Best PlayStation 3 Game:
God of War: Ascension
- Ya know, most have kinda shrugged this game off as "more God of War", and the stage demo at the conference kinda played into that. However, the Machinma walkthrough showed off a lot of fun changes to the traditional GoW formula. Multiplayer is also really warming up on me.

Best Wii U Game:
Rayman Legends
- DID YOU SEE THAT FUCKIN' RHYTHM LEVEL!? DAY ONE

Best PC Game:
Watch Dogs - I haven't been knocked on my ass by a new ip like this since...shit, Assassin's Creed? Very impressive showcase by UbiSoft this year.

Best Portable Game:
Paper Mario: Sticker Star
- FINALLY

Best Tech:
Star Wars 1313
- THAT was Unreal Engine 3? Gotdamn

Turok_TTZ

Game of the Show - Fire Emblem: Awakening 3DS

Best Wii U Title - Rayman Legends

Best PS3 Title - The Last of Us

Best 360 Title - SouthPark: The Stick of Truth

Best Portable Game - Fire Emblem: Awakening 3DS

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
Game of the show: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Best Xbox 360 Game: Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Best Wii U Game: Project P-100

Best PC Game: Dishonored

Best Portable Game: Hatsune Miku: Project DIVA F

Best Tech: Agni’s Philosophy

I'm not really super pumped with all of these, but I listed what seemed somewhat appealing to me at least.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Best game: TLoU
Best PS3 game: TLoU
Best Xbox game: South Park
Best Wii U game: Rayman Legends
Best PC game: Watch_Dogs
Best portable game: Soul Sacrifice
Best tech: Agni's Philosophy
Most disappointed gaming crowd: GAF

Vire

Summary: We are all tied up! Mano y Mano in a knockout dragout fight between Halo 4 and The Last Of Us. Keep an eye on this one...

Special shoutout to everyone who referred to Halo 4 as Halo Prime.

g8KdC.jpg

BTSUO.jpg

VOTES COUNTED UNTIL POST #203

Game of the Show:
Halo 4 – 22
The Last Of Us - 22
Watch_Dogs - 12
Project P-100 – 3
Rayman Legends – 3
Assassins Creed 3 – 3
Dishonered - 3
Fist of the North Star: Ken’s Rage 2 – 1
Sound Shapes – 2
Beyond: Two Souls – 2
Pikmin 3 - 1
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance – 1
Star Wars 1313 - 1
Planetside 2 – 1

Best PlayStation 3 Game:
The Last Of Us – 54
Beyond: Two Souls – 4
Sound Shapes – 2
Assassin’s Creed 3 - 2
Wonderbook – 1
Watch Dogs – 1
God of War: Ascension - 1

Best Xbox 360 Game:
Halo 4 – 48
Assassins Creed 3 – 7
Gears of War: Judgment – 3
Splinter Cell Blacklist – 2
Dust: An Elysian Tale - 2
South Park – 2
Forza Horizon – 2
Tomb Raider - 1
Dishonored – 1
Far Cry 3 – 1
Borderlands 2 – 1
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - 1

Best Wii U Game:
Project P-100 – 16
Rayman Legends – 14
Pikmin 3 – 14
New Super Mario Bros. U – 8
ZombiU - 8
Scribblenauts Unlimited - 1

Best PC Game:
Watch_Dogs – 28
Planetside 2 – 8
Sim City – 8
XCOM: Enemy Unknown – 5
Star Wars 1313 – 5
Dishonored – 4
Borderlands 2 – 1
Assassin’s Creed 3: 2
Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition – 1
Crysis 3 – 1

Best Portable Game:
Paper Mario: Sticker Star - 19
Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation - 13
Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon – 7
Sound Shapes - 6
Soul Sacrifice – 5
Fire Emblem: Awakening – 2
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate – 2
Infinity Blade: Dungeons - 2
Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion - 1
LittleBigPlanet Vita – 1
Guacamelee - 1
New Super Mario Bros. 2

Best Tech:
Star Wars 1313 – 19
Watch_Dogs - 15
Agni’s Philosophy - 9
John Carmack’s 3D VR Headset – 7
Wii U – 4
The Last Of Us – 2
Beyond: Two Souls - 2
Sound Shapes – 1
Smart Glass – 1
Halo 4 – 1
Wonderbook - 1

UPDATE #4 IS COMING SHORTLY

In the mean time enjoy Giant Bomb's Recap Of E3 Day 2

Game of the Show: Last of Us

Best PS3 Game: Last of Us

Best 360 Game: Ass Creed 3

Poker360

Game of the Show: Halo 4. I've grown up with the halo franchise, battling the covenant and flood. Seeing a new enemy type along with the best graphics i've ever seen in a Halo game was thrilling. I thought seeing bungie leave Halo would be a bad thing, but i was surprised at what 343 has accomplished with Halo 4.

Best Wii U Game:Batman Arkham City Armored Edition.... IT HAS NEW SUITS! (JUST KIDDING!!!!!) Real Pick: ZombiU

Best PC Game: Star Wars 1313

It's insane that i couldn't even fit some of the other incredible games that were at E3 here. Tomb Raider, Watch dogs, Far cry 3, borderlands 2...

cameron

Game of the Show: The Last Of Us

Best PlayStation 3 Game: The Last Of Us

Best Tech: John Carmack’s 3D VR Headset

lucius

Game of the Show - The Last of Us

Best Wii U - Rayman Legends

Best 360 - Assassin's Creed 3

Best Portable - Assassin's Creed 3:Liberation

Best PS3 - The Last of Us

Best Tech - Watch Dogs

Best PS3 Game: Last of Us

Best 360 Game: Halo 4

Luthos

Game of the Show - The Last of Us

Best PS3 Game - The Last of Us

Best 360 Game - Assassin's Creed 3

Best PC Game - Watch Dogs

Best Tech - Star Wars 1313

Game of Show: Assassin's Creed III

Best Wii U: Pikmin 3

Best 360: Dishonored

Best PS3: The Last of Us

ACIII would have been best of all the platforms since it was my Game of Show but I removed it to highlight other games.

Loxley

Game of the Show: Halo 4 (a toss up between this and ACIII for me, but given that it's their first title, 343 really impressed me).

Best Xbox 360 Game: Assassin's Creed 3

Best Portable Game: ACIII - Liberation

Kard8p3

Game of the Show: Dishonored

Best Xbox 360 Game: Metal Gear Rising

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions

Best PS3 Game: The Last of Us

Best 360 Game: Tomb Raider

The Jer

Game of the show: The Last of Us
Best PS3 game: The Last of Us
Best 360 game: Halo 4
Best Wii game: Project P-100

frequency

Game of the Show:
The Last Of Us - This was the first time I saw the game. It looked incredible. The interactions between the characters was great and I was very impressed that the girl (who you don't control) picked up a brick and used it by herself when you were out of bullets. Maybe it was scripted, but they can't possibly know the player would run out of bullets or need help like that, so I'm excited to see all the different possibilities based on how well you're doing.

Best PlayStation 3 Game:
The Last of Us - See above.

Best Xbox 360 Game:
None. I don't own a 360 and didn't pay attention to any 360 things.

Best Wii U Game:
Rayman Legends - The game looked incredible. I was impressed at the rhythm game mechanic for the Wii U touch pad player. This looks like it would be a very fun "couch co-op" game.

Best PC Game:
None. I am a little into PC gaming, but I haven't had the chance to catch up on all the PC news yet and haven't seen all the PC stuff. Watch Dogs didn't really impress me as much as it did everyone else so...

Best Portable Game:
Fire Emblem: Awakening - This is kind of cheating. As far as I know, nothing was shown and we only know about it because Reggie let it slip in a question.

Best Tech:
Beyond: Two Souls - I'm not a very technical person so I don't know if I'm really qualified to vote for this. But Beyond was the most visually impressive to me. You could literally get the sense of Ellen Page's acting even though she said like nothing in the trailer. I was very impressed at the facial capture.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Halo 4 for me. 343, from what we've seen has taken a 10 year old franchise and made it completely fresh. I've never been this excited for something other than Halo MP. Campaign and Spartan Ops look to be top notch. Spartan Ops is very ambitious and if it delivers, it will be something special.

Zia

Game of the Show: Sound Shapes

Best PlayStation 3 Game: The Unfinished Swan

Best Xbox 360 Game: Super T.I.M.E. Force

Best Wii U Game: Pikmin 3

Best PC Game: Counter-Strike: Global Offensive

Best Tech: Wii U

Other than that, what a shitty E3 this has been.

Game of the show: Last of Us

Best Portable Game: Little Big Planet Vita

Best Tech: Agni’s Philosophy

mozfan12

Banned
Game of Show: Halo 4

Best 360 game: Halo 4

Best PS3: Beyond: Two Souls.

Best Handheld Game: Paper Mario

Edit: I choose Halo because it looks like a fresh start for a franchise that was getting a little long on the tooth. The Metroid Prime vibes just sold me on it.

Game of the Show:
Halo 4

Best PlayStation 3 Game:
The Last Of Us

Best Xbox 360 Game:
Halo 4

Best Wii U Game:
Pikmin 3

Best PC Game:
Planetside 2

Best Portable Game:
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate

Best Tech:
John Carmack’s 3D VR Headset

BY2K

Membero Americo
Game of the Show:
Watch_Dogs

Best PlayStation 3 Game:
The Last Of Us

Best Xbox 360 Game:
Halo 4

Best Wii U Game:
Project P-100

Best PC Game:
Watch_Dogs

Best Portable Game:

Best Tech:
Star Wars 1313

Everything I've heard or seen of this game has been very exciting. The advanced AI, the gameplay choices presented to the player, the characterisation and the focus on a realistic take of a post-pandemic world from Naughty Dog made this one of my most anticipated games for the foreseeable future.

Best Wii U Game: Pikmin 3

Best PC Game: Watch Dogs

Best Portable Game: Paper Mario: Sticker Star

Neiteio

GAME OF THE SHOW: Project P-100: It's like Little King's Story with Pikmin squad control, Viewtiful Joe style, Okami combat, Bayonetta setpieces and bosses, a setting like Earthbound meets Zombies Ate My Neighbor, action like Voltron vs. War of the Worlds, with some puzzle-solving and platforming and a pinch of Pilotwings and Four Swords spliced in for good measure. Trailer clearly show four-player co-op as well. Kamiya will deliver. THIS GAME LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN! And hands-on impressions verify this. :)

RUNNER-UP: New Super Mario Bros. U: First time I've been excited for a NSMB game. I loved the Wii iteration's level design and four-player co-op, but this game adds the WHIMSY with the fresh takes on familiar worlds and the gorgeous art direction. I love the use of the WiiU GamePad for Boost mode and portable play, and Miiverse integration looks great. I love the seamless world map, the blue/pink/yellow baby Yoshis, the Flying Squirrel Suit. Hell, it even looks fun to play as the optional Miis. Can't wait!

WiiU: Same as above.

PS3: The Last of Us: I'm not quite confident the gameplay itself will be fun, but walking around ND's take on post-apocalyptic earth and soaking up the intricately detailed and animated world and breathless imagination therein will be worth the price of admission all by itself.

PS3 runner-up: Beyond: Two Souls: What they showed at the conference doesn't look as compelling as Heavy Rain, but I have faith Cage will deliver something interesting (albeit cringe-worthy in its delivery at times -- and endearingly so!).

Portable: Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon: I'm so happy we're getting a sequel to Luigi's Mansion. The great folks behind Strikers Charged and Punch-Out have really gone all-out expanding the scope of the franchise with multiple mansions and different themes like clocktowers and snow. Lots of good schtick, too, my E3 favorite being the possessed bear rug that gives the demon piano in SM64 a run for its money.

Portable runner-up: New Super Mario Bros. 2: I'm surprised this one made the list. The new emphasis on skill-based speed-running with the coin collecting element really shakes things up. Also excellent to see the return of the Raccoon Tail and Reznor. :)

PC: Watch_Dogs: I'm really skeptical about this one, but it DOES look oh so pretty on a high-end PC, and it at least exhibits more ambition and imagination than the typical cover-based TPS. I sighed when he pulled out a gun, but everything up to that point, telescopic baton included, was great, and the spying and stealth looks promising.

PC runner-up: Star Wars 1313: Looks like a next-gen Shadows of the Empire, the first true and proper balls-out Stars Wars videogame adventure in awhile. The characters look grounded in the humanity of the original trilogy, and the game itself looks like Uncharted 2 ratcheted up a notch, with intense combat and platforming, and extraordinary graphics.

Game of the Show:
The Last Of Us

I expected it to be gorgeous but I never imagined it would develop into a game I didn't think we would experience until next-gen. I still can't fathom how the game can feel so cinematic without controlling your every move. ND ushered in the true cinematic marriage between movies and games and now it looks like they are perfecting it. Nothing touches this for me.

Best PlayStation 3 Game:
The Last Of Us

Best Xbox 360 Game:

Halo 4

Halo + Metroid Prime = Greatest FPS of all time.

Best Wii U Game:
Rayman Legends

Not only the most technically impressive game the Wii-U has but also looks to be the most fun.

Best PC Game:
Watch Dogs

Unlike Star Wars which just looked amazing but had the same exact gameplay scenarios we have come to expect. Watch Dogs is doing something new and exciting.

Best Portable Game:
Assassins Creed III: Liberation

Just the idea that they might be able to put a fully realized AC game on the Vita is enough for it to be at the top of my list.

Best Tech:
Watch Dogs

ezekial45

Banned
Game of the Show:
Watch Dogs

Best PlayStation 3 Game:
The Last of Us

Best Xbox 360 Game:
Halo 4

Best Wii U Game:
Project P-100

Best PC Game:
Watch Dogs

Best Portable Game:
Assassin's Creed: Liberation

Best Tech:
Star Wars 1313

Best Portable Game: Paper Mario: Sticker Star

emb

Game of the Show:
Project P-100
This game pretty much had everything going for it. They actually kept it a secret, it's exclusive to some thing, and it's made by an excellent developer. Looks original, quirky, and most importantly really fun. Only minus for it is not being show cased at the presser, which is baffling...

Best PlayStation 3 Game:
Playstation All Stars
They kind of screwed up the new character reveals in various ways, but definitely the most exciting game Sony had for me

Best Xbox 360 Game:
Gears of War: Judgment
Sounding cool, and the new multi system looked like a lot of fun.

Best Wii U Game:
Project P-100
Tight battle between this and Pikmin, but the surprise factor tips the scale. Great showing!

Best Portable Game:
It takes this pretty easily, imo. FE comes close, but seeing PM's gameplay really impressed me.

Best Tech:
Wii U
It's not particularly impressive, but as far as tech goes, what can be more exciting than a new system?

Tawpgun

Best PS3: Last of Us

Best Xbox 360: Halo 4

Best Wii U: Pikmin 3

Best Portable: AC: Liberation

Best Tech: Watch_Dogs

Vire

Summary: Amazingly we are still tied for our Game of the Show so keep the votes coming!
I also want to say a special thank you to each and every member for not mentioning the words Call of Duty once! I'm pretty impressed GAF.

Our portables and best tech races remains tight and a few fresh faces join this list. (See if you can spot them out).

XPKle.jpg

jw1Qk.jpg

VOTES COUNTED UNTIL POST #250

Game of the Show:
Halo 4 – 34
The Last Of Us - 34
Watch_Dogs - 17
Project P-100 – 4
Dishonered – 4
Rayman Legends – 3
Assassins Creed 3 – 3
Beyond: Two Souls – 3
Planetside 2 – 3
Sound Shapes – 2
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance – 2
Star Wars 1313 - 2
Pikmin 3 - 1
The Cave – 1
ZombiU - 1

Best PlayStation 3 Game:
The Last Of Us – 80
Beyond: Two Souls – 7
Assassin’s Creed 3 – 3
Sound Shapes – 2
God of War: Ascension - 2
Wonderbook – 1
Watch Dogs – 1
Papo & Yo - 1
PlayStation All-Stars: Battle Royale – 1
Injustice, Gods Among Us - 1

Best Xbox 360 Game:
Halo 4 – 74
Assassins Creed 3 – 8
South Park – 4
Gears of War: Judgment – 3
Dust: An Elysian Tale – 3
Tomb Raider - 3
Splinter Cell Blacklist – 2
Forza Horizon – 2
Dishonored – 1
Far Cry 3 – 1
Borderlands 2 – 1
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance - 1
Mark Of The Ninja - 1

Best Wii U Game:
Project P-100 – 28
Pikmin 3 – 20
Rayman Legends – 19
ZombiU - 13
New Super Mario Bros. U – 11
Scribblenauts Unlimited – 1
Lego City Undercover - 1

Best PC Game:
Watch_Dogs – 45
Sim City – 14
Planetside 2 – 13
XCOM: Enemy Unknown – 7
Dishonored – 6
Star Wars 1313 – 5
Borderlands 2 – 1
Assassin’s Creed 3: 2
Dark Souls Prepare to Die Edition – 1
Crysis 3 – 1
The Cave – 1
World of Warplanes - 1

Best Portable Game:
Paper Mario: Sticker Star - 24
Assassin’s Creed III: Liberation - 21
Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon – 11
Sound Shapes - 9
Soul Sacrifice – 9
Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate – 5
Fire Emblem: Awakening – 2
Infinity Blade: Dungeons - 2
New Super Mario Bros. 2 - 2
Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion - 1
LittleBigPlanet Vita – 1
Guacamelee - 1
Gravity Daze - 1

Best Tech:
Star Wars 1313 – 31
Watch_Dogs – 25
Agni’s Philosophy - 13
John Carmack’s 3D VR Headset – 9
Wii U – 4
The Last Of Us – 4
Beyond: Two Souls - 4
Sound Shapes – 1
Smart Glass – 1
Halo 4 – 1
Wonderbook – 1
ArmA 3 -1

UPDATE #5 WILL NOT BE UNTIL TOMORROW. Continue voting and I'll get around to it! I'm only one person.

In the mean time watch this video of this cute girl... I mean New Super Mario Bros U.

backlot

Game of the Show:
Pikmin 3

Best PlayStation 3 Game:
Beyond: Two Souls

Best Xbox 360 Game:
Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

Best Wii U Game:
Pikmin 3

Best PC Game:
Watch_Dogs

Best Portable Game:
Luigi’s Mansion: Dark Moon

Best Tech:
Beyond: Two Souls

mujun

Game of the Show: Dishonored

My type of game. Lots of freedom in how you approach tasks. Interesting new world. Love the art design. Oozes atmosphere.

Patapwn

Game of the Show:
The Last of Us

Best PlayStation 3 Game:
The Last of Us

Best Xbox 360 Game:
Watch Dogs

Best Wii U Game:
Pikmin 3

Best PC Game:
Planetside 2

Best Portable Game: