• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Neogaf 2012 Backlog Blitz - Where we give the middle finger to Steam sales

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Ouch! What happened? I just decided to get back into skateboarding after nearly a 20-year "hiatus", so perhaps this a sign. :p

Nah nothing as cool as that. Honestly when I said I tried hard all my life to break bones I wasn't kidding. I've fallen off cliffs, had a sheetrock wall land on me, been dashed on rocks while surfing, hit by a car, and what got me? Puting an inflatable bed back in its box. Yup. I was puting the bed in the box and the seam of the box gave way causing me to fall forward stepping on the now broken box and sending my feet out from under me. The only reason I didn't land on my tailbone (and probably break that) was because I put my hand down to take the blow. It was the kind of slapstick multi-stage pratfall that Buster Keaton or Harold Lloyd would have been proud of.

And you guys get the long version because it doesn't sound nearly as lame as "I fell in my living room like a dumbass."

storl026

Yesterday I finished Vanquish & Super Meat Boy. Then I started and finished LIMBO. Today I started InFamous.

Time off from work is good time to clear the backlog.

ghibli99

Nah nothing as cool as that. Honestly when I said I tried hard all my life to break bones I wasn't kidding. I've fallen off cliffs, had a sheetrock wall land on me, been dashed on rocks while surfing, hit by a car, and what got me? Puting an inflatable bed back in its box. Yup. I was puting the bed in the box and the seam of the box gave way causing me to fall forward stepping on the now broken box and sending my feet out from under me. The only reason I didn't land on my tailbone (and probably break that) was because I put my hand down to take the blow. It was the kind of slapstick multi-stage pratfall that Buster Keaton or Harold Lloyd would have been proud of.

And you guys get the long version because it doesn't sound nearly as lame as "I fell in my living room like a dumbass."
Been there, done that. No broken bones for me, but as I get older, the seemingly trivial things become more hazardous to my health. Well, glad it wasn't more serious, and here's to a speedy recovery!

Izick

Okay, so I have three days off in a row from work, and I was thinking about finally playing some video games. So, I have Witcher 2, and I think I'm a bit through Act 1 or 2 (I beat the prologue and was in the first town or so) and I'm not sure, should I restart the game, or just push on?

guest1321

Okay, so I have three days off in a row from work, and I was thinking about finally playing some video games. So, I have Witcher 2, and I think I'm a bit through Act 1 or 2 (I beat the prologue and was in the first town or so) and I'm not sure, should I restart the game, or just push on?

Push on. The prologue wasn't terribly important other than setting the stage for the rest of the story. As long as you know the big points of it the rest isn't that big of a deal.

Thores

June Update

Main Post
Backloggery

Q1 Update
April Update
May Update

Score in 2012 Pre-June: -5
Bought in June 2012: 0
Beaten in June 2012: +5
Current Score: 0

Bought:

Nothing!

Beaten:

Art Style: PiCTOBiTS- This had way less content than I was expecting, but I suppose it was still worth the CN points and I'm glad I listened to GAF about it. It had fun, fresh feeling mechanics, the aesthetic was way solid, and yes the soundtrack is amazing. I only beat normal mode, I am kind of terrified to find out what Dark Mode is like.

Tales of Monkey Island (PC)- Finally got around to beating Episodes 4 and 5. It was tempting to count them as two separate games, but it also felt kinda cheap to do that. Sure they each have their own credits roll, and I've noticed other people in this thread doing it, but I dunno. The five games are clearly meant to form a single narrative, plus I got all of them with a single price tag. So yeah, one game. I'll probably count expansions as their own games, though, as long as they're substantial enough. Anyway this was okay, definitely a decent emulation of the Monkey Island charm and it had some great callbacks. The ending was kind of disappointing though.
At first it just felt anticlimactic, and then the post-credits cutscene rolled and it was a cliffhanger for a sequel that will never happen.
Kind of a lame close to an otherwise decent experience.

WarioWare D.I.Y. Showcase- I like how I say I'm going to earn my Beaten count in non-cheap ways, and then the next game I beat is one of the lightest games in terms of content I've ever had. But hey I unlocked and played every preset game blender after letting the title sit for years, so I guess it counts. The default gamesets are all fun and cute, but even combined with the full DS game, it just felt pretty lacking in content I didn't have to make myself. I can see D.I.Y., as a pretty cool hybrid of WarioWare and Mario Paint, being a lot of peoples' favorite WW game. But for me it was too much of the latter and not enough of the former.

Kirby 64: The Crystal Shards- Got the Bad Ending, but the fake final boss was badass enough that maybe I'll try for the True Ending and see what the actual final boss is like. On the other hand, this game was only decent. I mean, I liked it, but it's probably the worst Kirby game I've played. I dunno what it is. It's kind of slow and clunky? Lacks the spirit and charm that the series usually exudes? I guess probably those things, actually.

Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin- Back when I first got this game I played all the way to the final boss, then kept dying and gave up. I picked it back up today (6/19), and finally got the good ending after trying for a few more hours. This isn't close to even the best DS Castlevania, but was good to scratch my Igavania itch. The final boss was also pretty fun,
albeit a bit tonally silly for the series. DEATH / DRACULA ANIME TEAM UP ATTACK GOOOOOO
. I really miss the genre and hope it isn't dead. Anyway woo, I've broken even again!

On The Horizon:

I just got a new job, so after I accumulate some disposable income I'm gonna backtrack and buy Pokemon Conquest. Other likely purchases this month include Kid Icarus 2 and Wario Land on the 3DS eshop, and whatever crazy deals pop up if/when the Steam Summer Sale happens. As for games in my backlog I already own, I recently picked Chrono Cross back up and wanna make some more progress on it. That might already fall to the wayside though, since I've decided that I also want to beat Persona 4 before Arena comes out. I'm watching Giant Bomb's endurance run of it for a refresher course on what happened in the story up until I gave up before, and my decision to do so has been awesome so far.

So yeah, I managed to barely crawl out of the negative this month, but that probably isn't going to last very long. Oh well.

7/4 Update

Bought a whole bunch of games, score was previously at -2. I sold Tales of the Abyss and Xenoblade since I looked at the hours I would need to invest and after realizing it would take at least 6 full days of my life to beat just those 2 games, I decided to trade them in and removed them from the list. If I ever clear my backlog, I may pick up Xenoblade again.

Beat 4 games last month though, so it helped balance out some of the new purchases.

Backloggery

Bought in 2012: -35
Beat in 2012: 29
Current Score: -6

Bought
  • Super Stardust Delta
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  • Rayman: Origins
  • Resident Evil: Revelaitons
  • Mutant Mudds
  • Metal Torrent
  • Kid Icarus: Uprising
  • Kid Icarus: 3D Classics
  • Mario's Picross
  • The 3rd Birthday
  • Patapon 2
  • Motorstorm RC
  • WipEout 2048
  • Unit 13
  • Dissidia duodecim Final Fantasy
  • Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
  • Trials Evolution
  • Fez
  • The World Ends With You
  • Monster Tale
  • Mortal Kombat
  • ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead
  • Diablo III
  • Kirby's Block Ball
  • Gravity Rush
  • Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands
  • Dark Void
  • Kameo: Elements of Power
  • Magic the Gathering: Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops
  • Syndicate
  • Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
  • Spelunky
  • Bionic Commando
  • Resistance: Burning Skies

Completed
  • Super Stardust Delta
  • Portal 2
  • Deus Ex: Human Revolution
  • Child of Eden
  • Shinobi
  • Nano Assault
  • Resident Evil: Revelations
  • Vanquish
  • Batman Arkham City
  • Mutant Mudds
  • Metal Torrent
  • L.A. Noire
  • Xevious 3D Classics
  • Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary Edition
  • Tales From Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
  • Metal Torrent
  • Kid Icarus Uprising
  • Monster Tale
  • Mario's Picross
  • The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
  • Darksiders
  • Kirby's Block Ball
  • The 3rd Birthday
  • Duke Nukem Forever
  • Unit 13
  • Gravity Rush

Currently Playing
  • Dawn of War II: Retribution

Impressions

Gravity Rush - I really like the exploration elements of this game and the music was great. The combat was not so great, and unfortunately the end of the games puts a lot of focus on it. A good game, not amazing, and I think there's a lot of potential for a sequel.

Duke Nukem Forever - Not as horrible as I thought it would be - in many ways it suffered a worse fate: not funny and just average overall.

Resistance: Burning Skies - A decent game that showed that FPS works pretty well on Vita. However, the forced touch stuff was too much and there were so many launch problems that took away enjoyment of the game a bit.

ghibli99

4th of July is giving me some time to catch up a bit. In Kaos Kore in DKC3 and making progress through Alena's chapter in DQ4. Going through my stuff last night, I happened upon Drill Dozer... might have to restart that, too (never finished it).

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
4th of July is giving me some time to catch up a bit. In Kaos Kore in DKC3 and making progress through Alena's chapter in DQ4. Going through my stuff last night, I happened upon Drill Dozer... might have to restart that, too (never finished it).

Drill Dozer is really quite short especially if you ignore the extra levels.

stonedwal

Fell off the wagon. Hard.

Bought in 2012: -14
Beaten in 2012: +40
Current Score: +26

Bought:
Resident Evil: Revelations (3DS)
Mass Effect 3 (360)
Yakuza: Dead Souls (PS3)
Binary Domain (PS3)
Diablo III (PC)
Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha (PSX)
Darkstalkers Chronicle: The Chaos Tower (PSP)
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai 3 (PS2)
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 2 (PS2)
Gradius Galaxies (GBA)
Mega Man Battle Network (GBA)
Asura's Wrath (PS3)
Ace Combat: Assault Horizon (PS3)
Soulcalibur V (PS3)

Beaten:
Shadows of the Damned (PS3)
Mortal Kombat Armageddon (Wii)
Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (Xbox)
Total Overdose (Xbox)
Deathrow (Xbox)
Sid Meier's Pirates! (Xbox)
Sly 2: Band of Thieves (PS3, Sly Trilogy)
Sly 3: Honor Among Thieves (PS3, Sly Trilogy)
The House of the Dead: Overkill - Director's Cut (PS3)
Urban Chaos: Riot Response (Xbox)
NBA Jam (PS3)
Banjo-Tooie (XBLA)
Resident Evil: The Mercenaries 3D (3DS)
Dead Island (360)
God of War: Ghost of Sparta (PS3, Origins Collection)
Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (GCN)
Resident Evil 0 (GCN)
Dragon Ball: Raging Blast (PS3)
Mass Effect 3 (360)
WWE Day of Reckoning (GCN)
WWE Day of Reckoning 2 (GCN)
Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 (360)
Binary Domain (PS3)
Ratchet & Clank: All 4 One (PS3)
Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage (PS3)
Kirby's Return to Dream Land (Wii)
Dynasty Warriors Strikeforce (360)
The Saboteur (360)
Crysis 2 (360)
Sonic Generations (360)
Trauma Center: Second Opinion (Wii)
Project Snowblind (Xbox)
Prince of Persia: Warrior Within (PS3, POP Trilogy)
Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble (DS)
MadWorld (Wii)
Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin (DS)
Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones (PS3, POP Trilogy)
Castlevania: Order of Ecclesia (DS)

Ended June on even par. Stumbled across some guy on eBay selling a bunch of stuff I wanted - didn't get most of it, but I did end up adding to the backlog. Then the missus bought me Asura's Wrath for our anniversary. Today I bought a 3DS and the other PS3 games due to some major price drops and big sales. Hopefully I can get it back under control and have a productive July/August. I was hoping to knock over a bunch while I was on break from work, but we ended up reorganising the house instead. The good thing about that is that the retro/last gen consoles are all now in my main gaming area, so I can wipe out the last of my N64 stuff, and put a decent effort into clearing some more PS2 stuff.

vall03

Great progress for June since I was able to minimize my spending habit. Ys Origin finally gets released in English, no way Im missing out on this. I want a boxed copy though. Deathsmiles IIX was more or less an experiment, I thought Games on Demand was region-locked but I was able to download it no problem. Only assumed because I couldn't redeem the Halo Reach code I got with the console. Also finally got Last Specter and Opoona because they were cheap. Got Analogue: A Hate Story due to Steam Daily Deal.

For my finished games, Bar Oasis 1.5 was really fun. This is more of an adventure game though compared to the RPG people seem to have said about it. Ys Origin on Steam was my 3rd playthrough so I marked it as finished. Psychonauts was the surprise for me, love the concept and the action adventure parts and I think its more of a platformer though. Got all achievements too. Theres also four games that I marked as finished even though I didn't finish them since I couldn't get into them. Aquaria, The Longest Journey, Fable III and The Bard's Tale. While I finished Gemini Rue, this told me that the point-and-click adventure type of games is not for me, I liked the story though. Also took the time to finish Half-Minute Hero on XBLA, the mechanics and concept sounds good but I didn't like it, good thing the game was short. When it comes to Deathsmiles IIX, I still prefer the first one but I love the bosses here especially Mad Bear and Mad Bunny, just simply crazy. Since I had a lot of time during my internship, I was able to finish Adventure Bar Story, the start was a struggle to be honest due money, but the more I play, the more addicted I got into the game and to my surprise, I reached the end without me noticing it. Now I can't wait to delve into the Atelier games if only I have some more free time. Last Specter is still the same old Layton game we come to expect, though for this entry I find myself brain-dead half the time and just relying on luck most of the time due to most choice puzzles, If would rank the story on the other hand it will be Diabolical Box > Curious Village > Unwound Future = Last Specter.

Im currently playing Analogue: A Hate Story, as expected from Christine Love, Im liking the game. Still only an hour though. Will complete it as I get more free time. P.S.
Hyun-ae is moe~!

http://www.backloggery.com/vall03

June: -5
Ys Origin
Deathsmiles IIX
Professor Layton and the Last Specter
Opoona
Analogue: A Hate Story

June: +12
Bar Oasis 1.5
Ys Origin
Psychonauts
Aquaria
Gemini Rue
The Longest Journey
Half-Minute Hero: Super Mega Neo Climax
Fable III
Deathsmiles IIX
Adventure Bar Story
The Bard's Tale
Professor Layton and the Last Specter

Jan: +6
Feb: +6
Mar: -1
Apr: +1
May: +5
Jun: +7

Purchased: -37
Finished: +61
Total Points: +24

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Ignore the extra levels? Do they suck or something?

Edit: Started it again. This game is fun, but I forgot about its rather choppy scrolling and framerate.

Oh no not at all. The extra levels are pretty much the best in the game and if I remember correctly they're about twice as long as the main story levels. My statement was more along the lines of "if you ignore the side quests the game is pretty short."

ghibli99

Got to the credits in DKC3... now to do all the extra stuff!

Oh no not at all. The extra levels are pretty much the best in the game and if I remember correctly they're about twice as long as the main story levels. My statement was more along the lines of "if you ignore the side quests the game is pretty short."
Ahh, gotcha. :) Good to know I have those to look forward to.

Gen X

Trust no one. Eat steaks.
I wish I started this in the beginning of the year, would make it easier to track. Instead I can think of a few games I have finished and about a dozen purchases. But more recently I have decided to try and dedicate myself to completing 1 game per week. since Mid June and so far I am on track.

I need to update my Backloggery I suppose.

*edit*
Finished 2 games today, Killzone 3, and a bit of a surprise, Medal of Honor. Loaded up Medal of Honor, shot about 6 guys, some bomb goes off revealing a cave, cue cut scene and about 4 trophies popping up saying I had completed the game. Heh, that was an easy one. That's 4 games this month, Mass Effect 2, KZ2, KZ3 and MoH.

Now..... what else to try and finish....

ghibli99

Finished off DKC3 today with the 103% full complete. Used a guide for all the items and "quests". Don't have time to pixel-hunt. Overall, it was a good game. Nowhere near as good as 2, but it still had some cool ideas in there, and kept me interested until the end. B

I started DKCR today, and played through the first 2 levels. Got the KONG and puzzle piece icons, but not the time attacks. Lovely seeing and hearing DKC1 stuff. I don't mind the waggle stuff at all (yet).

+14

Dead Space (iOS) is beat. The reason I played it all of a sudden is because I bought Mass Effect: Infiltrator when it was on sale for $1 and decided to play Dead Space 1st.

Puts me at +14, for now

Beat: (+18)
1. LA Noire: Complete Edition
2. Shadows of the Damned
3. Uncharted 3
4. Kinect Adventures
5. No More Heroes: Heroes' Paradise
6. Bionic Commando Rearmed 2
7. Duke Nukem Forever
8. Alan Wake's American Nightmare
9. Outland
10. Mass Effect 3
11. God of War: Origins Collection: Chains of Olympus
12. Ms. 'Splosion Man
13. God of War: Origins Collection: Ghost of Sparta
14. Ghostbusters: The Video Game (Wii version)
15. Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP (iOS)
16. The Gunstringer
17. Lollipop Chainsaw
18. Dead Space (iOS)

Bought: (-4)
1. Alan Wake's American Nightmare
2. Mass Effect 3
3. Lollipop Chainsaw
4. Mass Effect: Infiltrator (iOS)

Backlog now at: 20
http://backloggery.com/gryphter

I'm on the last 2 chapters of Resident Evil 5: Gold (with Move) and then there's the 2 DLC chapters. I expect to have this beat in 2-3 days so I'll be updating again soon. Feels good to be making progress on my backlog again!

guest1321

Backloggery

Bought in 2012: -25
Beat in 2012: +18
Current Score: -7

Beaten:

Currently Playing:
  • Uncharted 2: Amont Thieves $
  • Uncharted: Golden Abyss $
  • Metal Gear Sold 2: Sons of Liberty $
  • SSX $
  • Dyad $
  • Starhawk $
  • Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction $

Backlog Priorities:
  • Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception $
  • Max Payne 3 $
  • Heavy Rain $

• Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time $
  • Resistance 2 $
  • Resistance 3 $
  • Warhammer 40k: Space Marine
  • Portal 2
  • Forza Motorsport 4 [aiming for 100%]
  • BIT.TRIP RUNNER
  • Metal Gear $
  • Metal Gear 2 $
  • Metal Gear Solid $
  • Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater $
  • Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
  • Super Meat Boy

Impressions:

RAGE (4.5/5) - I really went into this game expecting it to be good and then just be completely wiped of its goodness by the ending. I'm not entirely sure why people have been suggesting this and unless something happens after the credits (which I'll see here momentarily), it was really a great game. I was immediately impressed by the visuals and the story is extremely captivating from the beginning. I wasn't expecting the visuals to be all that great either and I thought they were fantastic. It felt like the art direction from Borderlands met that of Fallout and it turned out great. The dynamic of having a buggy and moving in between the wasteland to different locales was very enjoyable. The guns were fun but not terribly amazing (that being said I just realized I never downloaded my double barrel shotgun with the Anarchy Edition). All the "extras" in the game seemed to tie into the main storyline decently so that if you wanted to indulge yourself in them you could do so without going out of your way but at the same time you didn't have to mess with them at all and the impact on your game was negligible. All in all, high replay value, a lot of fun to play, story was good although the ending could have been more conclusive (RAGE 2?). I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who has even considered picking it up. I still am amazed that for $5 I got this much satisfaction out of it.

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune (5/5) - Wow. This game came out in 2007? When I realized that and that I had passed up on playing one of the prettiest games I have seen to date I could not have been more dumbfounded. I'll keep this one short as there is nothing to discuss that people haven't already. The adventuring aspect of the game was brilliant, and the set pieces mixed with the skybox was beautiful. I have not been that eager to get home and play a game in a very very long time. The only points I felt were annoying or weak were the combat situations which felt intrusive and the whole monster thing. The game had an almost realistic feel to it up till that point, but hey, what's the point of writing a story if you can't throw a little magic in it. I am truly enamored by this game and am excited to have dove into a series with a charismatic character like Nathan Drake.

$ - indicates game purchased in 2012

Resident Evil 5: Gold is done, including Lost in Nightmares and Desperate Escape DLC's. I played with Move and Nav controllers. The 1st 2/3 of the game was like a good B movie. The last 1/3 of the game was like a really baaaaaaad B movie.

Puts me at +15, for now

Beat: (+19)
2. Shadows of the Damned
3. Uncharted 3
4. Kinect Adventures
7. Duke Nukem Forever
9. Outland
10. Mass Effect 3
12. Ms. 'Splosion Man
16. The Gunstringer
17. Lollipop Chainsaw
18. Dead Space (iOS)
19. Resident Evil 5: Gold

2. Mass Effect 3
3. Lollipop Chainsaw

Backlog now at: 19

I might start up Arkham City in preparation for Dark Knight Rises next week. What sucks is I've been stacking all my shorter and mostly action games up front, leaving all my RPG's for later so I'm reluctant to go to yet another non-RPG with Arkham City.

Arukado

Updated 08/04/12: Jewel Keepers Easter Island beaten.

Updated 07/31/12: Wipeout 2048 ~ HD DLC beaten on hard with gold medals. I thought this was gonna be a piece of cake (since i already have the platinum on the ps3 version). I was wrong :lol.

Updated 07/21/12: Dawn of War Platinum Edition bought on steam.

Updated 07/18/12: Limbo beaten. Ok game, great art style.

Update: Deus Ex Missing Link beaten 5 minutes ago. Meh, kinda disappointing, but it was cheap so I'm not complaining. Also, Alan Wake Franchise bought on steam.

Purchased in 2012: -19
Ridge Racer Type 4
Valkyrie Profile Lenneth
Ace Combat Joint Assault
Infamous Festival Of Blood
Wipeout 2048
Motorstorm RC
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Sonic Generations
Front Mission 3
Legend Of Grimrock
Gravity Rush
Everybody's Golf
Deus Ex HR ~ Missing Link
Alan Wake
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Dawn of War Gold Edition
Dawn of War Winter Assault
Dawn of War Dark Crusade

Beaten in 2012: +23
Infamous Festival Of Blood
Sonic 4 Episode I (PC)
Wipeout Pulse + Harimau DLC + Mirage DLC + Icaras DLC + Auricom DLC
Ridge Racer Type 4
Ace Combat Joint Assault
Wipeout 2048
Motorstorm RC [Platinum]
Mass Effect 2
Sonic 4 Episode I (A)
Silent Hill Homecoming
Sonic Generations [Platinum]
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Deus Ex Human Revolution
Little Big Planet 2
Child Of Eden
Gravity Rush [Platinum]
Portal 2
Resonance Of Fate
Everybody's Golf
Deus Ex HR ~ Missing Link
Limbo
Wipeout 2048 ~ HD DLC
Jewel Keepers Easter Island

Total: +4 :)

Currently Playing:
Wipeout 2048 ~ Fury DLC
Bioshock 2

On Hold: (I'll keep playing them when the time comes)
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Oblivion GOTY

7/15 Update

Bought 3 games on the Steam sale (Alan Wake, Alan Wake: American Nightmare, and Alice: Madness Returns) Beat 2 games: CoD: Black Ops and Dawn of War II: Retribution. Don't have time for impressions at the moment, will hopefully add those in later.

Backloggery

Bought in 2012: -38
Beat in 2012: 31

Bought
  • Super Stardust Delta
  • Mutant Mudds
  • Metal Torrent
  • Mario's Picross
  • The 3rd Birthday
  • Patapon 2
  • Motorstorm RC
  • WipEout 2048
  • Unit 13
  • Trials Evolution
  • Fez
  • Monster Tale
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Diablo III
  • Kirby's Block Ball
  • Gravity Rush
  • Dark Void
  • Syndicate
  • Spelunky
  • Bionic Commando
  • Alice: Madness Returns
  • Alan Wake: American Nightmare
  • Alan Wake

Completed
  • Super Stardust Delta
  • Portal 2
  • Child of Eden
  • Shinobi
  • Nano Assault
  • Vanquish
  • Batman Arkham City
  • Mutant Mudds
  • Metal Torrent
  • L.A. Noire
  • Xevious 3D Classics
  • Metal Torrent
  • Kid Icarus Uprising
  • Monster Tale
  • Mario's Picross
  • Darksiders
  • Kirby's Block Ball
  • The 3rd Birthday
  • Duke Nukem Forever
  • Unit 13
  • Gravity Rush

Currently Playing

Impressions

Will update later

Mass Effect: Infiltrator (iOS) is done

Puts me at +16, for now

Beat: (+20)
2. Shadows of the Damned
3. Uncharted 3
4. Kinect Adventures
7. Duke Nukem Forever
9. Outland
10. Mass Effect 3
12. Ms. 'Splosion Man
16. The Gunstringer
17. Lollipop Chainsaw
18. Dead Space (iOS)
19. Resident Evil 5: Gold
20. Mass Effect: Infiltrator (iOS)

2. Mass Effect 3
3. Lollipop Chainsaw

Backlog now at: 18

Arkham City is about 2/3 way done. I expect to have it finished this weekend.

Asparagus

Currently Playing:
Mega Man X4
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance
Need for Speed II SE
Ninja Gaiden 2 (NES)

Bought: -6
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (SMS)
Wonder Boy (SMS)
McDonaldland
Need for Speed II SE
Trine 2
Ys Origin

Beat: +4
Sonic The Hedgehog 2 (SMS)
Wonder Boy (SMS)
McDonaldland
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron

Current Score: 16

Kind of stuck in limbo right now, for every few games I beat a few more get added.

http://backloggery.com/cepp

Batman: Arkham City plus Harley Quinn's Revenge DLC is done. I liked it a lot, but conflicted on how I feel on it compared to Arkham Asylum. 1 thing's for sure, in AA I hated stealth and loved combat. For AC, it's the other way around by a landslide. I also had trouble finding doors. I'd get stuck in a room that I've cleared and have to search for the way out, tedious. Still a good experience and just in time, I'm seeing the Dark Knight Rises tonight!

Puts me at +17, for now

Beat: (+21)
2. Shadows of the Damned
3. Uncharted 3
4. Kinect Adventures
7. Duke Nukem Forever
9. Outland
10. Mass Effect 3
12. Ms. 'Splosion Man
16. The Gunstringer
17. Lollipop Chainsaw
18. Dead Space (iOS)
19. Resident Evil 5: Gold (plus sp DLC)
21. Batman: Arkham City (plus sp DLC)

2. Mass Effect 3
3. Lollipop Chainsaw

Backlog now at: 17

I think it's book reading time. When my friends and I start talking Game of Thrones, I'm towards the middle/bottom of what can/can't be discussed based on how many books read.

ghibli99

Slow month for me so far. In world 8 of DKCR, so I'm close to finishing it.

Playing through Theatrhythm FF, which is cool, but I'm slowing down.

Going to start Super Meat Boy soon after having watched Indie Game: The Movie last night.

Glaurungr

Backloggery. New entries in italic:

Bought: -82

• A Kingdom for Keflings
  • Amnesia: The Dark Descent
  • Ancients of Ooga
  • Avadon: The Black Fortress
  • Band of Bugs
  • BEEP
  • Beyond Zork: The Coconut of Quendor
  • Bunch of Heroes
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
  • Canabalt
  • Cloning Clyde
  • Critical Mass
  • Crusader Kings II
  • Dungeon Defenders: Etherian Festival of Love
  • Dungeon Defenders: President's Day
  • Faerie Solitaire
  • Fallout: New Vegas - Lonesome Road
  • Fallout: New Vegas - Old World Blues
  • Fortix 2
  • Fractal
  • Future Wars
  • Galactic Civilizations II: Dread Lords
  • Galactic Civilizations II: Dark Avatar
  • Greed: Black Border
  • Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes
  • Hacker Evolution
  • Hacker Evolution: Duality
  • Hacker Evolution: Untold
  • Hard Reset: Exile
  • Icewind Dale
  • Icewind Dale: Heart of Winter
  • Icewind Dale: Trials of the Luremaster
  • Icewind Dale II
  • inMomentum
  • Jade Empire
  • Legend of Grimrock
  • LIMBO
  • Lone Survivor
  • Lucid
  • Lume
  • Mass Effect 2: Arrival
  • Mass Effect 2: Kasumi - Stolen Memory
  • Mass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadow Broker
  • Mass Effect 2: Overlord
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Max and the Magic Marker
  • Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals
  • Orcs Must Die! - Lost Adventures
  • Outpost Kaloki
  • Planetfall
  • Plants vs. Zombies
  • RoboBlitz
  • Sanctum: Slums
  • Sanctum: Yogscave
  • Sideway: New York
  • Snuggle Truck
  • Soulcaster
  • Soulcaster II
  • Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
  • Terraria
  • The Ball
  • The Temple of Elemental Evil
  • The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Enhanced Edition
  • Trapped Dead
  • Treasure Adventure Game
  • Trine 2
  • Twin Sector
  • Ultima: Worlds of Adventure 2 - Martian Dreams
  • Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War
  • Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Dark Crusade
  • Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Winter Assault
  • Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
  • Wasteland Angel
  • Worlds of Ultima: The Savage Empire
  • Your Doodles are Bugged!
  • Zen Bound 2
  • Zombie Shooter
  • Zombie Shooter 2
  • Zork: The Great Underground Empire - Part I
  • Zork II: The Wizard of Frobozz
  • Zork III: The Dungeon Master
  • Zork Zero: The Revenge of Megaboz

Beaten: +54

• And Yet it Moves
  • Aquaria
  • Baldur's Gate
  • Baldur's Gate: Tales of the Sword Coast
  • Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
  • Baldur's Gate II: Throne of Bhaal
  • Bastion
  • Blackwell Legacy, The
  • Blackwell Unbound
  • Blackwell Convergence, The
  • Breath of Death VII: The Beginning
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare
  • Costume Quest
  • Costume Quest: Grubbins on Ice
  • Cthulhu Saves the World
  • Dungeon Defenders
  • Eets
  • Fallout 3
  • Half-Life
  • Hard Reset: Exile
  • Heroes of Might and Magic III: Armageddon's Blade
  • Jamestown
  • Lugaru HD
  • Magicka
  • Mass Effect 2: Arrival
  • Mass Effect 2: Firewalker Pack
  • Mass Effect 2: Kasumi - Stolen Memory
  • Mass Effect 2: Lair of the Shadow Broker
  • Mass Effect 2: Overlord
  • Mass Effect 3
  • Metro 2033
  • Orcs Must Die! - Lost Adventures
  • Plants vs. Zombies
  • Puzzle Agent
  • Puzzle Agent 2
  • Samorost
  • Samorost 2
  • Sanctum
  • Sanctum: Slums
  • Sanctum: X-Mas Carnage
  • Sanctum: Yogscave
  • Serious Sam HD: The Second Encounter
  • Serious Sam 3: BFE
  • Shadowgrounds
  • Shadowgrounds: Survivor
  • Shank
  • The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings - Enhanced Edition
  • Toki Tori
  • TRAUMA
  • Trine
  • Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine
  • World of Goo
  • Zombie Shooter
  • Zombie Shooter 2

Currently Playing:

• Heroes of Might and Magic III: The Restoration of Erathia

Current Total: -28

At this point I'm just trying to limit the damage. If I can keep it under -20 this year I'll consider it a good enough job done.

ghibli99

Been pretty tough to keep my original post updated since I've been tracking my progress in my own doc, but here's an update. New buys and completed for this month are bolded.

Bought: (-10)
Mother 3 (GBA) January
Persona 4 (PS2) February
Journey (PS3) March
Dear Esther (PC) March
Xenoblade Chronicles (Wii) April
Akai Katana (360) May
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy (3DS) June
The House of the Dead: Overkill (Wii) June
Burnout Paradise: The Ultimate Box (PC) July
Nier (PS3) July

Finished: (+24)
Mother 3 (GBA) January
Dragon Quest V: Hand of the Heavenly Bride (DS) January
Kingdom Hearts (PS2) February
Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective (DS) February
The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword (Wii) March
Persona 3 Portable (PSP) March
Journey (PS3) March
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP (iOS) March
Flower (PS3) March
God of War Collection: God of War (PS3) March
Dear Esther (PC) March
Donkey Kong Country (SNES) April
The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past (SNES) April
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest (SNES) April
Mega Man Anniversary Collection: Mega Man (PS2) April
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (DS) May
Mega Man Anniversary Collection: Mega Man II (PS2) May
Mega Man Anniversary Collection: Mega Man III (PS2) May
Mega Man Anniversary Collection: Mega Man IV (PS2) May
Mega Man Anniversary Collection: Mega Man V (PS2) May
Mega Man Anniversary Collection: Mega Man VI (PS2) May
Mega Man Anniversary Collection: Mega Man VII (PS2) May
Donkey Kong Country 3: Dixie Kong's Double Trouble (SNES) July
Donkey Kong Country Returns (Wii) July

Total: +14

ghibli99

After watching that 3yo boy play Journey (and play it pretty well, I might add), I decided to hop back in. Collecting all the glyphs and symbols this time... some of them have been pretty elusive, and I sure wish this game had a better way to just restart a level.

Also started Super Meat Boy. Physics are going to take some getting used to, but I finished the first world, unlocked teh internets, and am getting my ass handed to me in the dark world. Pretty fun, but we'll see how far I get. :)

Slowly working through Theatrhythm FF. Ultimate levels are... wow. I need faster stylus skills. :p

stonedwal

Trying to make up for the moment of weakness in June.

Beaten in 2012: +46
Current Score: +32

Bought:
Mass Effect 3 (360)
Binary Domain (PS3)
Diablo III (PC)
Gradius Galaxies (GBA)
Asura's Wrath (PS3)
Soulcalibur V (PS3)

Beaten:
Total Overdose (Xbox)
Deathrow (Xbox)
NBA Jam (PS3)
Banjo-Tooie (XBLA)
Dead Island (360)
Resident Evil 0 (GCN)
Mass Effect 3 (360)
Binary Domain (PS3)
The Saboteur (360)
Crysis 2 (360)
Sonic Generations (360)
Project Snowblind (Xbox)
MadWorld (Wii)
Asura's Wrath (PS3)
Soulcalibur V (PS3)
Yakuza 2 (PS2)
Twisted Metal Black (PS2)
Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s (PS2)
Scarface: The World is Yours (PS2)

Finally got back to Yakuza 2 - takes a while to warm up, but I loved it in the end. Asura's Wrath was great (for what it is) - a rare case of me going and buying all of the DLC for a game. I didn't feel Soulcalibur V as much I had hoped, and the story mode was tripe - hope they return to single character stories. Twisted Metal Black - I like the game's speed, but the game has no sense of weight or impact. Doesn't help that the PAL version cut about 90% of the story content. Scarface is a game where I found myself enjoying it for short bursts, and then being fed up with the blatant padding and outrageous difficulty spikes.

I haven't decided what to go onto next - I'd like to continue digging into the PS2, but the call of Yakuza 3 and 4 is getting louder. Sin & Punishment on the N64 has been calling to me, and I intend to polish off both Okami and Majora's Mask before the end of the year.

stn

According to my Backloggery...

I'm at +3 for 2012. Currently playing:

Binary Domain - almost done
Modern Warfare 3 - 50% done
Demon's Souls - barely in
Gears of War 3 - barely in
Infamous 2 - 30% done

7/29 Update

Bought and beat 3 games - still stuck at -7. Made it out of the summer game sales without too much damage. Bought 3 games at Amazon (COD: Black Ops, Syndicate, and Binary Domain) and 3 games from Steam (Alan Wake, Alan Wake: American Nightmare, and Alice: Madness Returns).

Backloggery

Bought in 2012: -41
Beat in 2012: 34

Bought
  • Super Stardust Delta
  • Mutant Mudds
  • Metal Torrent
  • Mario's Picross
  • The 3rd Birthday
  • Patapon 2
  • Motorstorm RC
  • WipEout 2048
  • Unit 13
  • Trials Evolution
  • Fez
  • Monster Tale
  • Mortal Kombat
  • Diablo III
  • Kirby's Block Ball
  • Gravity Rush
  • Dark Void
  • Syndicate
  • Spelunky
  • Bionic Commando
  • Alice: Madness Returns
  • Alan Wake: American Nightmare
  • Alan Wake
  • Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD
  • Binary Domain
  • Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3

Completed
  • Super Stardust Delta
  • Portal 2
  • Child of Eden
  • Shinobi
  • Nano Assault
  • Vanquish
  • Batman Arkham City
  • Mutant Mudds
  • Metal Torrent
  • L.A. Noire
  • Xevious 3D Classics
  • Metal Torrent
  • Kid Icarus Uprising
  • Monster Tale
  • Mario's Picross
  • Darksiders
  • Kirby's Block Ball
  • The 3rd Birthday
  • Duke Nukem Forever
  • Unit 13
  • Gravity Rush
  • Diablo III
  • Serious Sam 3: BFE
  • Trials Evolution

Currently Playing

Update for July:

Attacking my Wii backlog next...

http://backloggery.com/thebigg753

January-June (+12):

Bought (-13)
Finished (+25)

July (+2):

Bought (-3):

Max Payne (XBLA)
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (XBLA)
Max Payne 3 (360)

Beaten (+5):

Darksiders (360)
Max Payne (XBLA)
Max Payne 2: The Fall of Max Payne (XBLA)
Max Payne 3 (360)
Rayman Origins (360)

2012 Score: (+14)

Here's my update for July. Unfortunately, the triple deadly combo of signing up for PS+, getting a 3DS XL with a bunch of new games, and the Steam summer sale meant my progress took a sharp dive in the wrong direction. Optimistically, I will have the time to catch up before the Steam winter holiday sale.

ibnVkxNZaMG1Eh.png

Added the following games to the backlog:
July
Smash Cars†
SkyFighter†
Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy
Hacker Evolution*
inFamous 2†
Chime Super Deluxe†
The Pinball Arcade
From Dust
The Walking Dead: Episode 1 - A New Day
The Walking Dead: Episode 2 - Starved for Help
Ryū ga Gotoku Kenzan!
Beyond Divinity*
Thief Gold
Thief II: The Metal Age
Fortune Summoners: Secret of the Elemental Stone
Hotel Dusk: Room 215
Last Window: The Secret of Cape West
999: Nine hours, Nine persons, Nine doors
Plants vs. Zombies
Krater
Samorost2
Botanicula
Samorost*
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet
Noitu Love 2 Devolution*
Magicka*
Still Life
Still Life 2
Syberia
Syberia 2
A.R.E.S.: Extionction Agenda
Space Pirates and Zombies
Torchlight II
Pullblox

Completed:
July
Magic Orbz
inFamous 2
The Pinball Arcade
From Dust
The Walking Dead: Episode 1 - A New Day
The Walking Dead: Episode 2 - Starved for Help
Samorost
Samorost 2
Noitu Love 2 Devolution
Krater
Botanicula
Syberia
Plants vs. Zombies

* - free
† - "free" from PS+

Netto-kun

July was a pretty bad month. I probably should've spent more time on shorter games rather than 20~40 hours RPGs. Steam summer sale also passed by, but I actually spent more on gifting to friends than buying for myself. I should be done with Kingdom Hearts 3D and Orc Must Die! 2 in the next 2-3 days. Then I'll wait for Pokémon Conquest and NSMB 2 to arrive in the mailbox, and then buy Nayuta no Kiseki and Persona 4: Myonaka Arena by the end of this month.

Games bought in July:
Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (3DS)
Orcs Must Die! 2 (Steam) [Gift]
Fortune Summoners: Secret of the Elemental Stone (Steam)
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood (Steam)
Q.U.B.E. (Steam)
Bunch of Heroes (Steam) [Gift]
Trine 2 (Steam)
THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy (3DS)
Shining Blade (PSP)
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (PSP)
Sonic Colours (Wii)

Games beaten in July:
Vampire Chronicle: The Chaos Tower (PSP)
Shining Blade (PSP)
Inazuma Eleven 3: Sekai e no Chousen!! Bomber (NDS)
THEATRHYTHM Final Fantasy (3DS)

July
Bought: 11
Beaten: 4
July score: -7

June
Bought: 6
Beaten: 11
June score: +5

May
Bought: 3
Beaten: 2
May score: -1

April
Beaten: 7
April score: +4

March
Beaten: 5
March score: +2

February
Bought: 6
Beaten: 8
February score: +2

January
Beaten: 8
January score: +5

Backloggery

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
Well I got my hand back but it doesn't really matter since the Steam sale demolished my numbers.

Beaten in 2012: 20

July: 2

Breath of Death VII: The Beginning (7/09) - A fun yet very short old-school turn-based RPG. I didn't find the humor to be so hot but it was good enough for me to want to play the other games.

Tobe's Vertical Adventure (7/31) - Another very short game but so fun that it left me wanting more. There are some pretty big collision detetction issues making some levels unduly aggrivating but the game was enjoyable enough to look past them. I was also slightly disapointed in how similarly the two characters played. I was under the impression Tobe and Nana had very different move sets.

Previous games played:
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass (1/1)
Flight Control HD (1/5)
Dungeons of Dredmor (1/12)
The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (1/24)
Bastion (2/2)
No More Heroes (2/23)
Endless Ocean (2/24)
Limbo (2/28)
Ben There, Dan That (3/7)
Tidalis (3/10)
Endless Ocean: Blue World (3/20)
Time Gentlemen, Please (3/27)
Ace Attourney: Justice For All (5/1)
Xenoblade Chronicles (5/5)
Nights: Journey of Dreams (5/9)
The Bourne Conspiracy (5/14)
Nelson Tethers: Puzzle Agent (5/24)
CivCity: Rome (6/30)

Bought: 32
Avadon: The Black Fortress
The Ball
Beep
Breath of Death VII: The Beginning
Cthulhu Saves the World
Europa Universalis III
Forza Motorsport 2
Galactic Civilizations II
Gemini Rue
Greed Corp
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet

Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes
Mount & Blade: Warband
Nikpol: Secrets of the Immortals
On the Rain-Slick Precipice of Darkness 3
P.A.M.
Penumbra: Overture
Penumbra: Black Plague
Penumbra: Requiem

Q.U.B.E.
Sideway: New York
Space Pirates and Zombies
Stacking
The Tiny Bang Story
Tobe's Vertical Adventure
Trine 2
Vessel

Wasteland Angel
Xenoblade Chronicles
Xotic
Ys: Oath in Felghana
Zoo Tycoon 2

Total Score: -12

Ouch.

Thores

July Update

Main Post
Backloggery

Q1 Update
April Update
May Update
June Update

Score in 2012 Pre-July: 0
Bought in July 2012: -5
Beaten in July 2012: 0
Current Score: -5

Bought:

Pokemon Conquest- Is it just me or was the first print of this game weirdly small? I waited a month to buy it, and then couldn't find a new regular-priced copy until the third place I looked, and it was the last one they had. Well, at least I got it. I'm pleasantly surprised how this game is almost as much Nobunaga's Ambition as it is Pokemon.

Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters (3DS VC)- I'd waited for this game for months. This'll be the first time I've played it since I was like 6 years old, so I don't really remember anything about the game beyond liking it. Haven't started this copy yet, but it'll be really interesting to see whether or not it holds up at all.

Mole Mania (3DS VC)- This came out of nowhere. Totally not complaining. Bought it instantly, on Level 3 right now. Trying for 100 pts on each one so far, though I'm not sure what the incentive for doing so is.

Wario Land: Mario Land 3 (3DS VC)- This was a pretty good month for the NA eShop you guys. If it's even half this good in August, that would be nice.

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 2 Innocent Sin (PSP)- Thought I was doing so well at not biting on the $15 PSN sale, and then Amazon started selling a very small amount of the physical copy for $20. Both my collector's instinct and my impulse buyer instinct started screaming at me relentlessly and welp, here I am.

Beaten:

Nothing. :[

On The Horizon:

I have Persona 4 Arena and The Last Story preordered, so I'll tick those onto my Bought list at the appropriate times. I also might backtrack and get Malicious off PSN if the mood strikes. Barring any surprises on the various online stores (for example, July on the 3DS eShop not just being a one-time thing), that'll probably be it for my purchases and I can focus on actually beating some games this month. I'm at the
true ending
final boss in Persona 4 and all I need to do is grind some more before I can comfortably beat it. After that I can probably knock out some of the GB games I bought without too much effort. I guess we'll see.

I like how my progress this month has been the exact opposite as my progress in June. Oh well, plenty of time to redeem that.

January Post - Score: -3

February Post - Score: -4

March Post - Score: -4

April Post - Score: -1

May Post - Score: -2

June Post - Score: -2

Current Score: -2

Games I beat this month (but were rented and don't count):

Spec Ops: The Line

Bought in July 2012 (-5):

Trine 2 (Steam)
The Sly Collection: Sly 3 - Honor Among Thieves (PSN)
Dear Esther (Steam)
Stacking (Steam)
Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet (Steam)

Finished in July 2012 (5):

The Sly Collection: Sly 2 - Band of Thieves - My son and I finally finished this one and bought the third game, which we'll probably go through even slower since he's back into Skylanders now.

Cthulhu Saves the World - I beat it over two weeks ago and the music is still in my head.

Trine - I remember anticipating this game's release on PSN so much. Then there were huge delays. Then it came out and the framerate was god awful. Then I bought it on Steam and had a lot of trouble with keyboard controls. Then, a couple weeks ago, I realized there are gamepad controls, and I beat the thing in a couple of sittings. Turns out it's not bad.

Trine 2 - Bought this the instant it showed up in the summer Steam sale. Surprisingly very similar to the first game in most of its mechanics, though they seemed to remove the random items that you could find and equip to each character. Anyway, this game is screenshot city.

Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet - I'll never get tired of simple little Metroidvania style games like this. Beat it in one sitting.

Currently Playing:

FFXII - Almost done! Finally after so many years of ambivalence!

Pikmin 2 - Love the first game and figured I'd best catch up on the changes introduced in this one before the WiiU is released.

The Last Remnant - Really late to the party. 9 hours in and man... this game is just cool.

neoemonk

I missed the May and June updates, so I'm covering three months here.

In May I got the itch to finish HL2: Episode 2, due to rumors at the time that HL3 might be announced. Looking back, that seems silly, but I'm glad I'm finally up to date.

After that, I hunkered down and finally played through Demon's Souls, inspired in part by the announcement that the servers were going offline. I made a run at a platinum, but stopped playing it once I made it to NG+, although I only need a few more trophies. Maybe some day I'll go back.

After a few good months, July was kind of rough. I didn't give the middle finger to Steam sales. In fact, I welcomed them into my home and heart with open arms and my backlog paid the price.

Civ V is something that I'll probably play on and off for a long time, so I can never really say I finished it. Instead I set a realistic goal and met it, and that was to complete a full game. I also completed my first FF V Four Job Fiesta and knocked a game out of the backlog at the same time, so July wasn't a total disaster. Just mostly.

February: -6

March: -1

April: -1

Update for May, June, and July

May (+1)

Finished (+1)
Half-Life 2: Episode Two (PC)

June (+1)

Finished (+1)
Demon's Souls (PS3)

July (-7)

Bought (-9)
Vita
Mortal Kombat

3DS
Theatrhythm Final Fantasy

PC
The Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb
Alan Wake
Alan Wake's American Nightmare
Plants vs Zombies
LA Noire
Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
Sins of a Solar Empire: Trinity

Finished (+2)
Civilization V (PC)
Final Fantasy V Advance (GBA)

2012 Total: (-13)

Updating. No games beat since last time, but 2 new ones just came in the mail. Got them for free using gift cards!

Puts me at +15, for now

2. Shadows of the Damned
3. Uncharted 3
4. Kinect Adventures
7. Duke Nukem Forever
9. Outland
10. Mass Effect 3
12. Ms. 'Splosion Man
16. The Gunstringer
17. Lollipop Chainsaw
18. Dead Space (iOS)

Bought: (-6)
2. Mass Effect 3
3. Lollipop Chainsaw
5: Persona 3 Portable
6. Gungnir

Backlog now at: 19

I hit the 60% mark in A Storm of Swords (Game of Thrones book 3). After this I plan on tackling P3P, but it will take a week or so

vall03

Bought lots of shooters last month so my purchased to finished ratio is almost the same. The Gundemonium Collection was from the Indie Royale bundle, gave away the rest of the codes to my friend. Still trying to feel the games and their scoring systems and a bit unique from a doujin game. Xenoblade Chronicles on the other hand was a panic purchase. It was around the time when The Last Story release date was announced and I checked Play-Asia and it was out of stock. I quickly went to one of the nearest store in the area and luckily got the last copy. Only played the game for 6 hours until leaving first town. A bit indifferent in the game though since Im still trying to get into the gameplay but Im liking it. I kinda wish I have component cables though to make it look a bit better. For the Steam Summer Sale, only bought Clash of Heroes HD which I already finished before on the DS and Fortune Summoners for a total of $8.73. Really buying less games these days. Atelier Meruru was an impulse buy even though I still haven't finished Rorona and Totori yet since they get rare quite quick in my country very fast. My copy of Akai Katana and Deathsmiles finally arrived which I should've gotten back in May. Im honestly still having a bit of trouble playing shooters with the analog stick though since Ive been too used with the iOS games.

For finished games, I tried playing Borderlands again because of the Steam Summer Sale but I really can't get into the game alone, Its just boring. I guess its because I've watched my friends play it to death in multiplayer. Also finally finished Minish Cap on my 3DS since I never got to play it back in the GBA days. One thing I can say is that I seriously prefer Zelda in 2D. While Minish Cap isn't as big compared to Links Awakening and LttP, I still found the game enjoyable.

I said last month that Im going to play Analogue: A Hate Story and finish it but ended up barely playing it at all and finishing other games on my list. So right now, Im finishing Innocent Sin on PSP since Im just grinding to Lvl94 to get Lucifer. After it, Im finishing Analogue. I also marked some games on my backloggery either as "Null" or "Finished" to reduce it a bit, and leaving only the games that I really want to play and finish, marked as "Unfinished".

http://backloggery.com/vall03

Purchased: -9
Gundemonium Recollection
GundeadliGne
Hitogata Happa
Xenoblade Chronicles
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes HD
Fortune Summoners: Secret of the Elemental Stone
Atelier Meruru: Apprentice of Arland
Akai Katana
Deathsmiles (360)

Finished: +8
Gundemonium Recollection
GundeadliGne
Hitogata Happa
Might & Magic: Clash of Heroes HD
Borderlands
The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap
Akai Katana
Deathsmiles (360)

Purchased: -46
Finished: +69
Jan: +6
Feb: +6
Mar: -1
Apr: +1
May: +5
Jun: +7
Jul: -1

Total Points: +23

bought since april 2012
dead island
gravity rush
everybody's golf
uncharted golden abyss
thathrytm final fantasy
disgaea3: absence of justice
wipeout
payday the heist
darkness 2
chaos rings 1
chaos rings 2
chaos rings omega
kid icarus
kingdom hearts 3ds

Currently working on 2012
Hyperdimension Neptunia
Kingdom of Amalur

Cumulative score: -45
2011/2012 score: -95

sighhhhh
kingdoms of amalur will take a shitload of time :X
plus i'll be getting soon gw2... sad wallet is sad...

ghibli99

Making good progress on Super Meat Boy. 100% & 20/20 for the first 3 worlds, putting me at about 55% completion, I think. Game is insanely challenging, but it somehow manages to remain really fun, even when I'm borderline feeling like giving up.

guest1321

Backloggery

Bought in 2012: -25
Beat in 2012: +23
Current Score: -2

Beaten:

Currently Playing:
  • Metal Gear Sold 2: Sons of Liberty $
  • Dyad $
  • Starhawk $
  • Mortal Kombat Vita $
  • Heavy Rain $
  • Warhammer 40k: Space Marine

Backlog Priorities:
  • Uncharted 3: Drakes Deception $
  • Ratchet & Clank: A Crack In Time $
  • Resistance 2 $
  • Resistance 3 $
  • Portal 2
  • Forza Motorsport 4 [aiming for 100%]
  • BIT.TRIP RUNNER
  • Metal Gear $
  • Metal Gear 2 $
  • Metal Gear Solid $
  • Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater $
  • Super Meat Boy

Impressions:

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves (5/5) - I knew going into it that it was supposed to be better than the first but I didn't know how well it was going to keep my suspense up and surprise up after so recently having played the first. In every way I thought this was an improvement over the first game which I've never really felt about a series before. It felt just a unique, beautiful, and well-told as the Drakes Fortune. The pacing felt strange to me as at chapter 22 it said that I had played for almost seven hours and then the last four chapters took another three or four hours. So the back end felt pretty heavy but it wasn't in a way that made you ask "When is this going to end?". I'm excited for the third but am going to give myself a break to avoid burning myself out on the series.

Metal Gear Solid 4 (4/5) - I don't really know what to say about this one as I had played it back when it came out and got stuck on a level. By the time I decided I should try to play it again my PS3 died on me. So with a new PS3 and the HD collection underway I figured it was time for me to finish off the game. Turns out I had 15 minutes of gameplay left plus the final cutscenes. From what I remember playing I really enjoyed the game and all the gadgetry. I like the fact that you could shop anywhere you were and that there was no shortage of weaponry. The story is to blurry for me to comment on so I will just say that it had its moments, it was confusing, interesting to listen to, but confusing. Glad I played it and may return to it after I finish the HD Collection.

Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction (3.5/5) - Having loved the first one when I was younger and then playing the following 3 I thought this game was going to be the same exciting new experience that it was then. I haven't played the original games since it came out so while I knew what to expect as far as gameplay I still thought it would a fresh feeling. I've got to say, this game did not hold up for me. I felt like I was pushing myself through it rather than actually wanting to see what was next. I didn't find the story interesting in the slightest bit and it didn't help that the audio was either out of sync or skipped and repeated at times. Visually the game was on par with my expectations and the gameplay wasn't terribly bad but it felt monotonous. It was certainly an enjoyable experience reliving certain aspects of a game I once loved but just doesn't feel like what it used to be. I'll be playing the rest of the future series in hopes that it is just a poor experience with one game.

Max Payne 3 (4.5/5) - Without having another Max Payne game under my belt but having watched Man on Fire and the Max Payne I think I have different expectations and perception of this game than most people do. I really liked it! I thought the slow mo gunning down people was fantastic so much that I picked up other games after and was annoyed that it was too fast and I couldn't be as much of a bad ass. I never really got bored of the weapons even though it felt like I was constantly using the same weapons. The ammo scarcity was really great to the point that you were cautious about making your ammo count but not to the point that was it was debilitating if you overextended ammo here and there. The story is really what stood out to me. While I would normally argue that the cutscenes were long and frequent it was paired with commentary throughout the missions that made it melt together fairly seamlessly. Visually the game looked really good, nothing groundbreaking, but just really good. The atmosphere was perfect. At times you were a high rolling body guard bad ass at a cool location and other times you were a grimy piece of shit blasting your way though people. I know people were bothered by how the character didn't seem like a real Max Payne, but having not played the originals, and assuming the movie wasn't entirely accurate to the character in the games I really didn't have a clear vision of who Max Payne was. After playing Max Payne 3 I can say this, he is a harsh bitter ol alcoholic who will mow through the bad guys; most importantly, I like him.

Uncharted: Golden Abyss (4/5) - Alright well this is the first Vita game I have finished and I can't help but feel that I have been absolutely spoiled! Visually it was on par with all the other uncharted games I have played to date. It felt like drake wasn't quite the same character as in the console games but everything else was just as good. The exploration was awesome and just when you thought you hit a boring level you are slapped in the face with some amazing visuals. It was difficult getting used to the controls but once I figured out the gyroscope for shooting mechanism I was all set. The touch screen was really nice when it came to climbing; however, I was extremely annoyed by the whole "swipe in the direction of this orange arrow to lift someone/cut this/grab on". I understand that this was the flagship example of how this hardware can be included in the game but I felt like it diluted Uncharted. Beyond that I really liked the plot and the dynamics between characters. It felt a lot like an uncharted game in that sense, especially after having played the second one. I could definitely see myself revisiting this one as I broke it up into 30 minutes trips on a subway which was limiting in immersing myself. Bottom line, it was another Uncharted game, it was just as awesome and its siblings, and I sincerely hope another one comes out for the Vita.

$ - indicates game purchased in 2012

SovanJedi

provides useful feedback
Games finished this year: (20 points)
-------------------------------------

Jamestown
Amnesia: Justine
And Yet It Moves
Aquaria
Machinarium
Trine
Fragile Dreams
Shank
Atom Zombie Smasher
Bastion
The Binding of Isaac
Dear Esther (remake)
Noitu Love 2
Quake 2
Sequence
Shadowgrounds
Shadowgrounds: Survivor
Mega Man 1 (Game Boy)
Castlevania Legend (Game Boy)
TRAUMA

Left to Finish (Bought this year: 4)
-------------------------

The Last Story *
Fire Emblem (1st GBA Game)
Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
Army of Two
CODBlOPS
Duke Nukem Forever
Escape Goat *
Lone Survivor *
NightSky
PixelJunk Eden *
Prince of Persia 2008
Quake 4
Ricochet
Steel Storm: Burning Retribution
Thief - Deadly Shadows
X-COM: Apocalypse
X-COM: Enforcer
X-COM: Interceptor
X-COM: Terror from the Deep

Already moved into my "TOO MUCH HASSLE" folder for whatever reason (can't run on PC, too hard, not fun at all)

(bought this year: 1)
--------------------------------------

Auditorium *
Cogs
Crysis
Frozen Synapse
Gish
Hammerfight
Lugaru HD
Osmos
Painkiller: Gold Edition... really gutted this doesn't work anymore, for some reason I can't fix it. :(
Revenge of the Titans
X-COM: UFO Defense

My "TOO MUCH HASSLE" folder is exempt from my backlog list for my own rules; should I have time to finish them I'll try and go back to do them. It seems to be working for my own sanity's sake.

CURRENT SCORE: 15

Updating. Between Bestbuy and Newegg having sales, I bought a bunch of games...

Skyward Sword, Child of Eden, Rayman Origins, and the PoP HD Trilogy. I am counting PoP as 1 purchase, but 1 entry each in backloggery, so the numbers might look weird. I heard that these are buggy messes, so if it gets ridiculous, I will just delete these without beating them. I hope it doesn't happen, but if they're unplayable I don't want to waste my time.

Puts me at +11, for now

2. Shadows of the Damned
3. Uncharted 3
4. Kinect Adventures
7. Duke Nukem Forever
9. Outland
10. Mass Effect 3
12. Ms. 'Splosion Man
16. The Gunstringer
17. Lollipop Chainsaw
18. Dead Space (iOS)

Bought: (-10)
2. Mass Effect 3
3. Lollipop Chainsaw
5: Persona 3 Portable
6. Gungnir
7: The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
8. Child of Eden (360)
9. Rayman: Origins
10. Prince of Persia Trilogy HD

Backlog now at: 25

Finished reading A Storm of Swords a few days ago, I have been playing Persona 3 Portable ever since. I probably won't update for a while since this is a long game., but it's about damn time I play an RPG; I've been putting them off in favor of shorter games and it'll bite me in the end

Asparagus

Currently Playing:
Mega Man X4
Metal Gear Solid 2: Substance

Bought: -1
Sanitarium

Beat: +3
Need for Speed II SE
Sonic R
Ninja Gaiden II: The Dark Sword of Chaos

Current Score: 18

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Summer Sale raped my wallet as usual.

Bought in 2012: 35
Alice: Madness Returns
Civilization V
Dear Esther
Driver San Francisco
Journey
Legend of Grimrock
LIMBO
Lone Survivor
Lume
Mini Ninjas
Monkey Island 2: Special Edition
Psychonauts
The Secret of Monkey Island: Special Edition
Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
W40k DoW2: Chaos Rising
W40k DoW2: Retribution
W40k Space Marine
Yakuza 4
Zeno Clash
Asura's Wrath
Binary Domain
Defense Grid: The Awakening
Drakensang
Hamilton's Great Adventure
L.A. Noire
Mafia 2
Offspring Fling!
Puzzle Agent
Syberia
Thirty Flights of Loving
The Walking Dead

Completed in 2012: 19
Alice: Madness Returns
Bastion
Civilization V
Dear Esther
Deus Ex: Human Revolution
Journey
Mass Effect 2
Portal 2
Saints Row: The Third
Starcraft 2
Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown
W40k DoW2: Chaos Rising
W40k Space Marine
Offspring Fling!
Puzzle Agent
The Walking Dead ep1, ep2

Curret Score: -16
I'm probably not gonna buy anything till winter sales though so there's still plenty of time to catch up.

Currently Playing:
Dungeons of Dredmor
L.A. Noire

EDIT: beast mode on - 4 games finished this week.

stonedwal

Beaten in 2012: +52
Current Score: +38

Bought:
Mass Effect 3 (360)
Binary Domain (PS3)
Diablo III (PC)
Gradius Galaxies (GBA)
Asura's Wrath (PS3)
Soulcalibur V (PS3)

Beaten:
Total Overdose (Xbox)
Deathrow (Xbox)
NBA Jam (PS3)
Banjo-Tooie (XBLA)
Dead Island (360)
Resident Evil 0 (GCN)
Mass Effect 3 (360)
Binary Domain (PS3)
The Saboteur (360)
Crysis 2 (360)
Sonic Generations (360)
Project Snowblind (Xbox)
MadWorld (Wii)
Asura's Wrath (PS3)
Soulcalibur V (PS3)
Yakuza 2 (PS2)
Twisted Metal Black (PS2)
Guitar Hero: Rocks the 80s (PS2)
Scarface: The World is Yours (PS2)
Sin & Punishment: Successor of the Earth (N64)
Wave Race 64 (N64)
Yakuza 3 (PS3)
Yakuza 4 (PS3)
Gradius Galaxies (GBA)

Yakuza 2 whet the appetite for more Yakuza, so much so that I wound up playing 3, 4 and Dead Souls back to back over the course of the last two weeks. Sin & Punishment I had been meaning to get around to forever - loved it. Wave Race was always kind of a boogeyman - I remember being utterly shit at it and thinking I'd never beat it, but I threw it in on a Saturday afternoon and had a lot of fun. Gradius Galaxies was a bit middling and quite easy in spots.

I'm actually lost for what to play on the consoles now that I'm out of Yakuza games. Maybe I should just import Kenzan. I have been thinking about tackling Jade Empire, finishing off Sonic Colors and getting stuck into Red Steel 2. For handhelds, I'm currently midway through Astro Boy: The Omega Factor, and still have my eye on knocking over more Layton games and picking up where I left off on Metal Gear Acid.

Top Bottom