• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general advice thread, part 3 | Veni, vidi, Vita

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsu

TGS is in September, which is way too long since the last one. It'll be either this month, or next month.

I don't know man. They already announced white Vita in Japan. There'd be PSOne stuff coming this year. PSMobile going to v0.99 soon (still not v1.0 yet).

If I were them, I'd save everything for TGS. An intermediate event is not going to change things either way. Wait for the games to be ready for that event.

zroid

Banned
So I'm playing uncharted and it's ok so far (Chapter 11 or so), I mostly just have a problem with the touch screen, but my god the use of the motion sensors for aiming adjustment is brilliant, next to the mouse this is my favorite way of shooting (FPS or TPS) I hope more games use that n the future.

Although I haven't played UGA yet, I second this. Gyro-assisted aiming is a beautiful thing; it saves Grav Rush's controls in my opinion.

Since playing OoT 3D last year, I knew this would be something big. As long as devs don't try to lean too heavily on it, as it works best when supplementing regular controls. I thought Twin-Gun mode in SSD was a nightmare because it forced you to rely 100% on gyro. That's the wrong way to do it.

magawolaz

Good news, everyone! Sony still feels bad and is going to give us all $69.99!

This is legit, right?

http://i.imgur.com/GwPUI.jpg
Doesn't work.

All I see is

gKKxx.gif

Where is my Retro City Rampage? ;_;

Lucent

lol. GAF be ridiculous.

Man, I'm tempted to get at least one thing off the Atlus sale while it's up this month. Just dunno what to get. Was thinking about Class of Heroes or Crimson Gem Saga. Was thinking about Persona 2, but I already have Persona 4 to look forward to and I wouldn't wanna burnt out on that. lol

Although I haven't played UGA yet, I second this. Gyro-assisted aiming is a beautiful thing; it saves Grav Rush's controls in my opinion.

Since playing OoT 3D last year, I knew this would be something big. As long as devs don't try to lean too heavily on it, as it works best when supplementing regular controls. I thought Twin-Gun mode in SSD was a nightmare because it forced you to rely 100% on gyro. That's the wrong way to do it.

Totally agree. And omg I'm so glad I got that Twin Gun trophy, I'm never touching that mode again! XD

Koroviev

lol. GAF be ridiculous.

Man, I'm tempted to get at least one thing off the Atlus sale while it's up this month. Just dunno what to get. Was thinking about Class of Heroes or Crimson Gem Saga. Was thinking about Persona 2, but I already have Persona 4 to look forward to and I wouldn't wanna burnt out on that. lol

P3P is the only way to go if you haven't played it before.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Was thinking about Persona 2, but I already have Persona 4 to look forward to and I wouldn't wanna burnt out on that. lol
They're pretty different. Persona 4 has a major focus on social systems and a ridiculous saturated story with absurd, generic characters whereas Persona 2 has a focus on the battle system and demon negotiating and a ridiculous, boring story with characters that are so unbelievable that you're apathetic to them. It's your choice!

I'm kidding. They are fairly different though, so you probably won't be burned out on Persona if you decide to play 2 while you wait for 4.

Skyzard

Banned
4 is no good? Get 3 instead?

Guess we wouldn't really have to wait and see to find out which is better on the whole if it is a re-release really.

lol. GAF be ridiculous.

kenka bancho: badass rumble is easily the best thing out of all those games imo (outside of P3P but that's still a somewhat compromised port).

3D river city ransom. Think highschool Yakuza, with customizable moves of each hit of a combo (sorta like god hand). It ain't perfect, but it is quite unique, and quite fun.

Skyzard

Banned
Most people love it. And you edited! I don't think that people are advising that you get 3 instead, just that you get them both.

I know , I'm terrible, I always edit. I definitely got that people want me to buy 3 and I know it is pretty taboo to recommend not getting a new vita persona title but if you had to only play one (because you aren't a huge fan and are generally super impatient but are willing to take a chance on one due to huge popularity here) which would you guys choose?

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
4 is no good? Get 3 instead?

Guess we wouldn't really have to wait and see to find out which is better on the whole if it is a re-release really.

I think he/she was saying instead of P2 get P3P if you are waiting for 4 because they are more similar.

4 is fantastic.

Skyzard

Banned
Hah well he edited it slightly.

3vs4, please guys.

[Proper]Edit: actually he didn't edit it so much but still seems not too fond of either. 3 is the best?

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
kenka bancho: badass rumble is easily the best thing out of all those games imo (outside of P3P but that's still a somewhat compromised port).

3D river city ransom. Think highschool Yakuza, with customizable moves of each hit of a combo (sorta like god hand). It ain't perfect, but it is quite unique, and quite fun.
I'm going to have to disagree, unless you're open to multiple playthroughs. There's simply not much to do in the game. There aren't many events or minigames to take up your time, so the entire game is spent running around a fairly large, empty city. There's nothing particularly impressive about the game's locations either, and I found the battle system awful, and battles only became fun once I was fairly leveled up and literally at the end of my first playthrough.

If you want a game that'll take a decent amount of time to finish, then I suppose I'd recommend Kenka Bancho. My playthrough was such a chore though that I didn't feel like restarting the game to defeat the other banchos. It is worth noting that you can run around with a green mohawk, so the game certainly gets a shred of my respect.

Skyzard

Banned
Why would you have to choose? P3P now, P4G in October.

Haha, I would love to give them my cash and potential memory space to everyone's decent recommendation but it isn't my sort of game these days, so taking a chance with the series and trying to press you guys for some brutal honesty..

tempted to just wait for p4 and skip p3 especially now that I've missed the sale as well :( some reassurance of p4s slight edge would be good..

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Haha, I would love to give them my cash and potential memory space to everyone's decent recommendation but it isn't my sort of game these days, so taking a chance with the series and trying to press you guys for some brutal honesty..
If you can only buy one, make it 4, as the game's coming completely uncompromised and it's the one that people prefer anyway.

Koroviev

Well, I don't see how you can go wrong for $10. And if you end up liking it, then you can get P4.

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu

Drop the 10 bucks for P3P to see if you like it, if you do, then you'll love P4.

DR2K

Banned

tempted to just wait for p4 and skip p3 especially now that I've missed the sale as well :( some reassurance of p4s slight edge would be good..

P3P is still $9.99. Amazing game.

Skyzard

Banned
Just read it lacks people shooting themselves in the head, which was the other big draw to the series. Going to carry on reading for a while.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Unfortunately it is now 23.99 GB on the UK store (= 37.2587 USD) which isn't as easy a decision. Last week it was like $20
Just wait for Persona 4. $38 is too much for any PSP game at this point. Of course, I'm of the opinion that if you're going to buy one PSP Persona game, it should be the first.

Just read it lacks people shooting themselves in the head, which was the other big draw to the series. Going to carry on reading for a while.
This was one of the appeals of Persona 3 for me too. When I learned it wasn't in Persona 4, I was weirdly disappointed.

Koroviev

Just wait for Persona 4. $38 is too much for any PSP game at this point. Of course, I'm of the opinion that if you're going to buy one PSP Persona game, it should be the first.

This was one of the appeals of Persona 3 for me too. When I learned it wasn't in Persona 4, I was weirdly disappointed.

Most definitely. I wonder what some publishers are smoking.

Lucent

I've played some of Persona 3 FES (I own it, but I had a problem with my 60gb PS3 where I ended up losing all my saves, so I hadn't gotten back to it). I also own Persona 4 and the same thing happened to it. I loved what I played of both. But when I heard they were getting portable ports with some additions, I thought I might as well wait. I like the characters in Persona 4 more from what I played. But I def wanna play through all of Persona 3, too.

Question, though...does P3P also have The Answer part or did they not include that?

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
i'm sure most have honestly forgotten that they even have a presence on the psp psn store.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if this were the case. I'd like to think that most publishers aren't consciously keeping their prices at $30.

The $23 Parappa price will always ruin me.

Lucent

I don't believe it's included.

MMmmm I think I might just play the PS2 version of that. Persona 2 might be the better choice mostly because I can't play it on PS2 or PS3. That and It'll go back to like $29.99 after the month is up?

Class of Heroes looked interesting. Though it seems like it doesn't have much of a story.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
MMmmm I think I might just play the PS2 version of that. Persona 2 might be the better choice mostly because I can't play it on PS2 or PS3. That and It'll go back to like $29.99 after the month is up?

Class of Heroes looked interesting. Though it seems like it doesn't have much of a story.
Persona 3 FES is a PS2 Classic, so you could try that version if you're having save issues.

Lucent

Persona 3 FES is a PS2 Classic, so you could try that version if you're having save issues.

Yeah. I think I'll do that. Really hope they get that PSOne support going. I have a lot of PSOne games, both bought and free through PS+. Yay for getting a Vita to play old stuff!

But man, I'm on the last chapter of Corpse Party and I'm pretty sure I'm close to finishing it. I mean, I wanna get all the extra chapters and beat those too, but it kinda sucks it's about over. They did a really good job gripping me in that game. Playing it exclusively at night in the dark with headphones on really immersed me in it. Was like the ghosts/characters were speaking right into my ears (I know I was wear'n headphones but I mean it was REALLY like they were next to me). At first, I was kinda regretting my $19.99 purchase, but I can definitely say it was well worth it. I really hope they get the sequel over here, though I watched a few vids of it and it seems kinda different. Though I could hope it'd still grab me the same way.

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
We have 1000 posts left until we hit 20,000, and at the rate we're going, we're going to hit 20,000 in about three days. Is anyone planning on making a fourth thread? Is it allowed?

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
They have to do it to make us feel better since Vita is going to Heaven! :(
I feel like we should make these threads mirror the Divine Comedy and make the next thread Purgatory and the final thread Paradise. I can't wait for the Vita's ascension into Heaven. GAF is going to turn into the Left Behind series.

We have been told we are allowed.
Awesome.

Lucent

I don't need more games, I need more time :/

THIS! Well, actually, I just go to college...and I'm not even doing that again til the 20th of August. And having a hard time finding a part-time job. So I have time, just I'm too busy worried about making progress on that to play games just whenever. I'm always thinking about what I need to be doing. =l

Vita
Keeping it relevant!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom