• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Football Thread 2012/13 |OT2| @agent_89: My sources tell me the season has started

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razor554

Its not fair when other team have God-Iker and we have joke of a goalkeeper called Valdes. This wasn't the first time he gave free goal to Real Madrid.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
He was channeling his inner Buffon.
:(

Zabo, Verratti wouldn't even start for us with Pogba around ;)
;(

Zabojnik

Values is so obviously inferior to the rest of the Barca first XI. I don't know why they don't get someone better, he always fucks up.

I'm completely neutral when it comes to Barca, but what bothers me the most is that I'm sure he's convinced (and will remain for the rest of his life and proudly state it whenever he'll get the chance) that he was an integral part of what will no doubt go down in history as 'the great Barca'. Right place at the right time, that's all you are, Valdes.

Rad-

Pretty boring match overall. Like I said, too many Classicos lately. Even the players looked like they weren't into it 100%.

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Fantastic second half! The game really came alive.

Congrats Barca GAF!
-

Yeah Valdes is average really, but he's probably their best home grown keeper. No one deserves to wear those gloves more than him. (I think)

Slower paced Clasico than usual but still interesting.

Barca dominant as usual but not as...I dunno, effective? Maybe still getting into gear as the season stars. Messi was quiet.

RM look good to me. Organised and strong, as the season goes and they are fitter their game plan will be more effective.

PaulLFC

Liverpool are confident of completing the loan signing of Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin on Friday after Arsenal ended their interest.

There will also be an option to buy the player for £14m at the end of the loan.

"Hopefully in the next 24 hours we'll get some confirmation," said Reds boss Brendan Rodgers. "It's quite far [along]. He's a very good footballer."

Sahin had been expected to join Arsenal, having privately expressed a preference for the north London club but Liverpool and Real have now agreed a deal.

Real boss Jose Mourinho had given the go ahead for Sahin to move to the Premier League after the playmaker struggled to make an impression at the Bernabeu since a move from Bundesliga champions Borussia Dortmund last summer.

Sahin signed a six-year deal with the La Liga outfit but made just 11 appearances for them last season as they won the Spanish league title.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/19364375

Tony B reckons we don't have an option to buy, though. Either way, will be a fantastic signing if we do get him.

FootballFan

Its not that easy to just find a Valdes replacement, Valdes is USUALLY, USUALLY a very good passer and that is what Barca need, even in GK. As a goalkeeper there are many better, but for tiki-taka style Valdes suits Barca. BTW is Sczenszvhy good on the ball?

De Gea is pretty good with his feet I think, but bigger chance getting Sczenscky since Barca have a great relationship with Arsenal and vice versa.

Salvadora

Liverpool are confident of completing the loan signing of Real Madrid midfielder Nuri Sahin on Friday after Arsenal ended their interest.

"Hopefully in the next 24 hours we'll get some confirmation," said Reds boss Brendan Rodgers. "It's quite far [along]. He's a very good footballer."

Sahin had been expected to join Arsenal, having privately expressed a preference for the north London club but Liverpool and Real have now agreed a deal.

Real boss Jose Mourinho had given the go ahead for Sahin to move to the Premier League after the playmaker struggled to make an impression at the Bernabeu since a move from Bundesliga champions Borussia Dortmund last summer.

Sahin signed a six-year deal with the La Liga outfit but made just 11 appearances for them last season as they won the Spanish league title.

Tony B reckons we don't have an option to buy, though. Either way, will be a fantastic signing if we do get him.
How was this a sticking point for Arsenal?

MPW

i wonder how much arsenal offered?

bought him for 6m euros iirc so not bad of a deal

Feorax

Even if the £14 million buyout is true, he'd have to take a paycut to come here permanently, there is no way FSG would sanction the wages he is currently on.

More than happy with just the 12 months right now.

How was this a sticking point for Arsenal?
Maybe it's a first option only?

Dunno, I can see Wenger saying no because he probably doesn't want to develop the player unless he knows he will have him outright. He'd rather let his own younger players get playing time I think.

This is terrible! I love Nuri! :( </3

jtb

Banned
Arsenal ended interest? Potential buy clause? He's on 115k a week at Madrid?!?

Damn. I dunno if Wenger is to blame or the board, but this is some bullshit. If Arsenal really did balk at the asking price, it must've been the wages that did it. Not even RVP was on 120k a week on his contract, just Cesc iirc. Time to buy M'Vila + a full back.

Scum

Its not that easy to just find a Valdes replacement, Valdes is USUALLY, USUALLY a very good passer and that is what Barca need, even in GK. As a goalkeeper there are many better, but for tiki-taka style Valdes suits Barca. BTW is Sczenszvhy good on the ball?

De Gea is pretty good with his feet I think, but bigger chance getting Sczenscky since Barca have a great relationship with Arsenal and vice versa.
FFMmr.gif

FootballFan

Madrid players are still wondering how they managed to lose "only" by 3-2 :lol

I'm also pretty confident that Barça will win this shitty trophy.

I dont think anyone cares about the actual trophy, its just that you can't let your rivals win, even in a crap cup.

Btw everyone, mini-Clasico Real Madrid B vs Barcelona B on the 25th. Yeee!!

Zabojnik

I understand where you're coming from, but come on, you really don't need the GK to be a 'good passer' to fit into Barca's style of play. One that isn't outright terrible with his feet would more than suffice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom