• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sh&t Apple Fanatics say that's so true - Admit it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

Even if you’re completely over the whole “Sh*t People Say” meme, you have to watch this video. Titled “Shit Apple Fanatics Say, Part 1,” the YouTube clip perfectly encapsulates the frequent musings of the Apple fanboi or girl.

We all know Apple fanatics. You know, the guy (or girl) who won’t stop gushing over the latest iPhone or Mac product, who exalts the virtues of Apple security (even when it falls on its face), the people who talk about what would or would not have happened “If Steve were still alive.”

I should know, I am one of those fanatics, which is why I had to chuckle with amusement and embarrassment at the realism in this skit. It totally sounds like an afternoon with my fellow Apple fans.

The creators of the video promise that a follow-up is in the works. I can’t wait to watch it. On my Apple TV. Streamed from my iPad. Because “it just works.”

Hilarious

Even as an Apple fan this is hilarious and I certainly recognize saying some of this in the past (although those parts are true).

Phoenix

Just stick with iTools, Apple's gonna fix it
Just stick with .Mac, Apple's gonna fix it
Just stick with MobileMe, Apple's gonna fix it
Just stick with iCloud, Apple's gonna fix it
<sigh> Just switch to Google, that'll fix it

Classic!

buhdeh

"I love streaming to my Apple TV. All I have to do is install a transcoder on my computer, then stream it to my iOS device so I can airplay it to my Apple TV! See, it just works."

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
I expect more Apple hate threads in the coming days. Haters on damage control.

LuchaShaq

Banned
Sadly most of the tech media has said basically everything from this video multiple times.

It has made tech coverage impossible to tolerate.

marrec

Banned

Apple's going down! Obviously the new Kindle HD is the second coming of Christ itself!

Oh... it's not that great?

Obviously the new Motorola announcing is going to be the answer to the iPhone 5!!

Oh... fuck.

Obviously the HTC announcement will surpass anything Apple could present!

Nokia?

NOKIA YAY!

Apple makes inferior products. They can't even get the fucking power button right. I lost 20% of what I paid returning my iPod to Amazon because the power/sleep button got stuck 4 months after I got. Never buying a product from them again.

Apple makes inferior products. They can't even get the fucking power button right. I lost 20% of what I paid returning my iPod to Amazon because the power/sleep button got stuck 4 months after I got. Never buying a product from them again.

Do you guys have warranty where you live? Or the law? Or common sense?

Hoo-doo

Banned

lol okay.

windows 8's metro New Windows 8 UI makes no sense on desktop, having a windows 8 metro store makes no sense on desktop either. I'm not ok with the big departure from 7.

panda21

If you don't like Windows 8 you're just stuck on old ways of doing things and unwilling to accept change.

oh i like windows 8 i just figured 'windows=FREEDOM' guy wouldn't. i have no idea how windows is in any way more flexible than os x but whatever. hell i can start vim and write python code in a terminal out of the box on a mac..

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
I swear to god I hear more griping about people who like Apple then I ever actually hear people gushing about Apple. And its no contest.

THRILLH0

Banned

So how does the ADF radar actually work? Are you manually scanning thread titles or do your fingertips just start burning wherever you are when something like this thread is posted?

You need to chill out bro. Steve never patented a sense of humour so you're free to exhibit one.

Hoo-doo

Banned
oh i like windows 8 i just figured 'windows=FREEDOM' guy wouldn't. i have no idea how windows is in any way more flexible than os x but whatever. hell i can start vim and write python code in a terminal out of the box on a mac..

But it's easy to use and more intuitive, that totally means it's not a real man's OS like windows.

Shit I say about Apple and believe:

Apple pushes technology forward, more so than 99.9% of the companies out there.
It's a testament to Apple that the GPU in the iPhone 4S absolutely obliterates and crushes every other GPU in every other smartphone on the market on all of the benchmarks, and the GPU in the iPad absolutely crushes and obliterates the GPU in every other tablet on the market even though the devices are nearly an year old
Their devices are build at a higher quality than anyone else.
They push bleeding edge technology (super high resolutions, capacitive touch phones) into their devices before everyone else.
Both the $200 iPhone 4S and the $500 iPad are worth every penny
iTunes (specifically syncing your contacts to iTunes) sucks donkey balls and is the worst thing about the Apple Ecosystem.

Horse Detective

Why the long case?
You need to chill out bro. Steve never patented a sense of humour so you're free to exhibit one.

ibmBNSzALQSab9.gif

Angry Grimace

Two cannibals are eating a clown. One turns to the other and says "does something taste funny to you?"
After a while I was just looking to see if the girl he was apparently on the date with was hot, but I couldn't tell because she wasn't looking at the camera.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom