• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

LEGO GAF Custom Model Contest #1 - Results |OT| - One Brick to Rule Them All

Status
Not open for further replies.
sjFTB.png

So the votes are counted and the results are in.

Top 10

1. nny
  2. SillyEskimo
  3. PhoncipleBone
  4. MisterNoisy
  5. PalaceBrother
  6. joelseph
  7. Wubby
  8. whatsinaname
  9. RichardAM
  10. Rubberknuckles

So congratulations nny, your very intricate last minute lawnmower entry blew everyone away :)
Also Great work everyone else :)
We all a hard time voting, or at least I did, there were many first class entries.

Prize Pool:
If you want to contribute to the Prize pool feel free. Any member can volunteer something for the prize pool if he or she so chooses, no obligation in any way. The final winner gets first dibs on one prize and that then continues down the line depending on the number of prizes.
Each prize is donated by a member in a certain country for free and no personal gain, and he or she will have to pay additional postage, so keep that in mind and perhaps choose a prize, whose generous giver is located in your country in order to minimize the postage cost.

JsNAxs.jpg

Generous Donors:
germany-flag.gif
FliXFantatier - Akira Special Edition Region 2 Blu Ray (UK Version) - unopened
united_states_flag.jpg
MisterNoisy - LEGO 9463 - The Werewolf - new in box/unopened
united_states_flag.jpg
PhoncipleBone - LEGO 9469 - Gandalf Arrives - new in box/unopened
union-flag.jpg
RichardAM - LEGO 8909 - Team GB Collectable Minifigure - new in box/unopened

Stats:
Number of Entries: 44
Number of Votes: 35
Total Points given: 346
Number of Posts in the original Thread: 425

Next Set:
Those votes are counted too, and the next set will be the prehistoric hunters, which won by a large margin.

6914 - Prehistoric Hunters - 8
7292 - Propeller Adventure - 4
5765 - Transport Truck - 4
5866 - Rotor Rescue - 2
7345 - Transport Chopper - 2
3063 - Heartlake Flying Club - 1
6177 - Basic Bricks Deluxe - 1
5764 - Rescue Robot - 1

Complete Ranking:
50 - 373 - nny - Lawnmower
39 - 275 - SillyEskimo - Crab
30 - 265 - PhoncipleBone - Living Room Diorama
28 - 125 - MisterNoisy - Miniature Spacecraft
26 - 344 - PalaceBrother - Spider
19 - 332 - joelseph - Remote Controlled Car
19 - 286 - Wubby - Vic Viper
16 - 331 - whatsinaname - Easel
14 - 302 - RichardAM - Spacefloaty
12 - 172 - Rubberknuckles - Mecha Robot
10 - 355 - RayStorm - Airplane
8 - 229 - :Motorbass - Futuristic Car
8 - 215 - FliXFantatier - Orbital Bomber
8 - 141 - Klendathu Club Owner - Bird
8 - 328 - Vyer - Little Fighter
7 - 317 - mrkgoo - Dropship
7 - 181 - parrotbeak - Blue Pupster
5 - 90 - Jasoneyu - Spaceship
4 - 283 - gate777 - TV Corner
4 - 151 - NintendoGal - Transformer
3 - 187 - Baka Zeitgeist - Railgun
3 - 81 - DJ_Lae - Trike
3 - 38 - Milamber - Hovercar
3 - 210 - ruxtpin - 2 Seat Mech
2 - 310 - ChaChaChaChia - Micro Building
2 - 372 - Hero - Ground Vehicle
2 - 278 - Kleevah - Spaceship
1 - 213 - enewtabie - Battlestar Galactica
1 - 296 - InfectedZero - Artillery Wagon
1 - 337 - Katoki - Future Fighter Jet
1 - 188 - Mirk - Robot
1 - 336 - Spanish Wrath - Metal Gear Colors
1 - 270 - wetwired - Batman
0 - 388 - biggyfries' daughter - Car
0 - 192 - Chococat - Plane
0 - 356 - DodgerSan - MK II Interceptor
0 - 228 - Dr Zhivago - Tumbler
0 - 214 - DrForester - Snow Speeder
0 - 377 - FnordChan - Space Hog
0 - 299 - gokieks - Speedboat
0 - 284 - LazyLoki - Spaceship
0 - 138 - Lombaszko - Hover Racer
0 - 387 - Meatpuppet - Skidoo Type Ice
0 - 257 - Qasiel - Landspeeder

tumblr_m5fngqoIHw1rtvb1so1_500.gif

I AM ALL THAT IS MAN!

And cool for Prehistoric Hunters. Bought it months ago and kept it separate from everything, so I am raring to go already! BOO YA!

Lots of great stuff this contest. Tomorrow I will post my alt builds. Look forward to the next one.

panda21

wow these are really cool

lawn mower is a well deserved win but the others are great too. like the crab and the little 6 legged insect dude

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Gratz to the winners. Need to promote the voting a bit more in the official LEGO thread I think, because I totally missed this :|

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Congrats to the winners as well as all the rest of the entries, the contest was full of win from every member that participated.

RayStorm

May I suggest for future contests to consolidate the threads a bit? Imho it would be quite sensible to have the result- and voting threads be consolidated. Or if that's impractical to link to the results from within the voting thread. Otherwise I fear missing this thread in future iterations.

MisterNoisy

Congrats to everyone that won - will definitely be participating in round 2.

Also, there are still prizes to be claimed. :)

May I suggest for future contests to consolidate the threads a bit? Imho it would be quite sensible to have the result- and voting threads be consolidated. Or if that's impractical to link to the results from within the voting thread. Otherwise I fear missing this thread in future iterations.

well there have always been links from the main contest thread.
separate threads have the advantage of being more tidy.

Hats off to the winner. That lawn mower was really great.

A special "thank you" to everyone that voted on my crab. I honestly didn't think I would make the top 5, much less come in 2nd place. It is very humbling!

I bought the set for the next contest last week when I saw it on sale for 10$. I'm glad it won because it has a plethora of odd pieces in it. I can't wait to see what Lego GAF comes up with. I already have a preliminary idea, much like the last set with the crab, but I have no idea if it is actually feasible until I dig into the parts.

RayStorm

well there have always been links from the main contest thread.
separate threads have the advantage of being more tidy.

I guess my issue with editing the links in instead of replying with a link to the thread is, that in my subscribed threads edits don't show up. Thus I might miss a newly created thread.

But be it as it may, I do appreciate all the work you have put into this.

A couple of graphs showing the spread of the entry and voting dates. Don't know how much they help but we can use them to help decide entry/voting date ranges after we have a few more contests.

Surprisingly, non-voting bumps don't seem to have affected the voting spread.

jntst.png

KoNFF.png

Also, 17 people who had entries did not vote.

I guess my issue with editing the links in instead of replying with a link to the thread is, that in my subscribed threads edits don't show up. Thus I might miss a newly created thread.

But be it as it may, I do appreciate all the work you have put into this.
There was a post about the Voting Thread and the complete last page was talking about the Voting Thread :/

Hats off to the winner. That lawn mower was really great.

A special "thank you" to everyone that voted on my crab. I honestly didn't think I would make the top 5, much less come in 2nd place. It is very humbling!

I bought the set for the next contest last week when I saw it on sale for 10$. I'm glad it won because it has a plethora of odd pieces in it. I can't wait to see what Lego GAF comes up with. I already have a preliminary idea, much like the last set with the crab, but I have no idea if it is actually feasible until I dig into the parts.

The crab was so clean and perfect looking. Just an angry little blue crab. Loved it.

RayStorm

There was a post about the Voting Thread and the complete last page was talking about the Voting Thread :/

I don't think we are talking about the same thing.

Right now we have 3 separate threads for the first contest:
Contest #1 - Submissions Thread
Contest #1 - Voting Thread
Contest #1 - Results Thread

The results thread has not been talked about in a reply to either the voting or the submissions thread. It has been edited into the OP of the submissions thread, but that does not show up as updated in my subscriptions. Which leads to my fear of missing a thread.

I actually meant to vote for the crab too, but when I picked my 6 the pics were down. I held off on voting but then I completely forgot to add it to my picks.

nny

Oh wow! Thanks so much everyone!

And I also get to pick a prize? Since there is no one from my country, I'll pick someone from the same...continent (The Akira movie)! Thank you!

Good job everyone and thanks for organizing everything FliXFantatier! Looking forward to seeing what everyone will build with the next set!

Oh wow! Thanks so much everyone!

And I also get to pick a prize? Since there is no one from my country, I'll pick someone from the same...continent (The Akira movie)! Thank you!

Good job everyone and thanks for organizing everything FliXFantatier! Looking forward to seeing what everyone will build with the next set!

Cheers on a job well done!

And now that Akira is spoken for, that leaves three other prizes. I am in the States, so that leaves The Werewolf set. I would love the Team GB mini fig, but shipping must be a pain on that even if it is so tiny.

SillyEskimo, are you in the States? If so, which prize are you wanting? You get first dibs.

I received my Werewolf set, but still need SillyEskimo's information so I can send out Gandalf.

I sent this already, I swear. I even had a clever title! (Gandulf can arrive here:)

I'll send it again. Does this board have issues with msgs not being sent or disappearing? I don't send enough to know. It's not showing up in my "sent" msgs" either.

I sent this already, I swear. I even had a clever title! (Gandulf can arrive here:)

I'll send it again. Does this board have issues with msgs not being sent or disappearing? I don't send enough to know. It's not showing up in my "sent" msgs" either.

Received. Thank you. Will get the set out in a few days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom