• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.
HEY GRAVITY RUSH IS COOL GO GET IT

Screw all of you lame Project Diva f players, I'll just go enjoy 2nd and Extend, the ones without your dumb touch controls!
i'm jealous

Hi guys wanted to ask a question. I downloaded GTA: Vice City Stories (PSP) for use on my Vita about 3 weeks after the Vita came out. It worked fine and I had no problems with it whatsoever.

Recently I deleted it to make space and I just downloaded it again on my PS3 to transfer over to my Vita. Seemed to transfer over fine, until I launch the game itself and I get this error: (C1-2858-3)

Any idea how to resolve this annoying problem? Doesn't seem to happen with my other PSP games....:(

Skyzard

Banned
^Not entirely sure...but I would definitely try downloading it again, one more time incase the installation file was corrupted during the download..

As Sid says below, try to transfer again first though, might save you some hassle.

=-==-

I actually backed up ninja gaiden before finishing it...was finding it more challenging then fun but definitely will go back to it. Part of it was the large file size but it is without a doubt a great game.

Just not what I feel like playing these days I guess..vita has opened me up to games I would never usually play - like someone else mentioned before, pinball! .. been playing it so much.

Sid

Hi guys wanted to ask a question. I downloaded GTA: Vice City Stories (PSP) for use on my Vita about 3 weeks after the Vita came out. It worked fine and I had no problems with it whatsoever.

Recently I deleted it to make space and I just downloaded it again on my PS3 to transfer over to my Vita. Seemed to transfer over fine, until I launch the game itself and I get this error: (C1-2858-3)

Any idea how to resolve this annoying problem? Doesn't seem to happen with my other PSP games....:(
You may need to re-transfer.

I actually backed up ninja gaiden before finishing it...was finding it more challenging then fun but definitely will go back to it. Part of it was the large file size but it is without a doubt a great game.

Just not what I feel like playing these days I guess..vita has opened me up to games I would never usually play - like someone else mentioned before, pinball! .. been playing it so much.
How big is the game?

bede-x

I'm deferring my purchase for now. I'll check out other stores tomorrow.

Since you're considering it for PSP games, you should know that PSP games on the Vita tend to look blurry. It doesn't make them unplayable and I've bought plenty of them myself, but it is something to consider if you only intend it for the PSP library.

Skyzard

Banned
^ I've read that before...what PSP are people comparing it to? Everything looks better (blurry or not...) than on my v1 psp...like ridiculously better.. I know it gets stretched due to the resolution difference...but I really do think it pulls it off quite well but it has been a long while since I actually played my psp to try and compare. Are there specific games that come off badly?

How big is the game?

Just checked to confirm - Ninja Gaiden is over 2.3 GB...thought it was a GB extra but still..was finding myself put off a bit after getting stuck on a few points. I'm not regretting the purchase at all though, I can see it is a quality game, just on hold till I feel like it again..

^Not entirely sure...but I would definitely try downloading it again, one more time incase the installation file was corrupted during the download..

As Sid says below, try to transfer again first though, might save you some hassle.

You may need to re-transfer.

I already transferred it twice! :( Also I forgot to mention that the game was free from the Store back in Oct 2011, because they fucked up :p :lol

branny

Screw all of you lame Project Diva f players, I'll just go enjoy 2nd and Extend, the ones without your dumb touch controls!
i'm jealous
Let's relive some of the best songs in extend: Kodoku no Hate, Palette, Stardust Utopia, Sennen no Dokusouka, Migikata no Chou, Tsugai Kogarashi, Ura-Omote Lovers, Kocchi Muite Baby, and Rolling Girl.

And totally ignore these great ones in Diva f (Megane, Ashes to Ashes, Time Machine, Eh? Ah, sou, DYE).
Until your copy comes, then it'll be okay to enjoy them. :D

Believe it or not, I actually dislike this series. I don't like the taptap taptaptap stuff, just like I hated a lot of the note charts in Theatrhythm for being samey and boring. =\

Skyzard

Banned
I have! lol

That is really strange...it wasn't a free PS+ game by any chance? [^actually discussed in the link above I think]

Only other thing I can think of is to power off and on the vita again - perhaps backup and delete the save files...and try (with the newly downloaded file) to transfer it one more time...

what else could it be right?

edit: ah I see you mentioned you got it for free...might not have been a bug but just a freebie...I only thought minis were affected....still quite lame that any are at all. Otherwise perhaps it expired when your ps+ ran out?

Shinriji

Treasures of montezuma blitz is very addicting and very awesome!

tumblr_ln9g4rWf1k1qztit6.gif

JoshHood

Feel free to berate me if I'm being stupid, but is there no way to delete downloaded Zen Pinball trials for tables I don't like? No option I can see in the menus, and you can't delete DLC in the Application Data Management part of the Settings app.

haha, you and I are really close in global ranking, you're 1722 while I'm 1733. :eek:
I forgot global boards even existed.

Time to aim for number one Treasure Park player!

Let's relive some of the best songs in extend: Kodoku no Hate, Palette, Stardust Utopia, Sennen no Dokusouka, Migikata no Chou, Tsugai Kogarashi, Ura-Omote Lovers, Kocchi Muite Baby, and Rolling Girl.

And totally ignore these great ones in Diva f (Megane, Ashes to Ashes, Time Machine, Eh? Ah, sou, DYE).

Believe it or not, I actually dislike this series. I don't like the taptap taptaptap stuff, just like I hated a lot of the note charts in Theatrhythm for being samey and boring. =\
not even going to listen to any pdf song

But you did list some of my Extend favorites! Ura-Omote Lovers, Palette, Stardust Utopia... missing a few like Musunde Hiraite Rasetsu to Mukuro and... others that escape me at this time.

And I usually don't enjoy rhythm games that much, but this one's a bit different... maybe because I'm a sucker for vocaloid.

Skyzard

Banned
Feel free to berate me if I'm being stupid, but is there no way to delete downloaded Zen Pinball trials for tables I don't like? No option I can see in the menus, and you can't delete DLC in the Application Data Management part of the Settings app.

Nope. I knew after the first day I would be downloading all the tables to try then deleting the app...and redownloading individual files....

(you can back it up to PC, delete the DLC file(s), then re-transfer the app to save a little time if downloads are slow for you)

Yes it is dumb.

Also possible for people who downloaded too many Ridge Racer songs/Katamari DLC they can't unlock.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.

They come in packs, not individual tables so no not possible.

Also Treasure of Montizuma is nice and all but I never updated to the trophy update since I know my trophy progress would be like 20% or something forever. 1million points in a 30 second round, R U SRS?

lunch

there's ALWAYS ONE
Also Treasure of Montizuma is nice and all but I never updated to the trophy update since I know my trophy progress would be like 20% or something forever. 1million points in a 30 second round, R U SRS?
You're embarrassed to be at 20%? I have games I finished playing that I'm at 15% or so on.

Rasec

Nice choices of songs.
Won't comment anything about pd f so i won't get any hate xD
Miku rocks and that's all! o/

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I just thought of the Vita heaven event again today and went googling. That made me a bit sad.

Wasn't someone else saying that GTA:LCS or GTA:VCS was no longer working (part of a PSP Go bonus package or something)?

I have a couple of PSP Go promotion games that no longer work: WipEout Pure, MotorStorm AE and Gran Turismo. GTA VC and Little Big Planet still seem to work. Haven't tried the others yet. IIRC I get the same error message (EDIT: Or even a crash).

Nice choices of songs.
Won't comment anything about pd f so i won't get any hate xD
Miku rocks and that's all! o/
It's already too late for you, I've hated you for weeks now.

i'm kidding and talk away about pdf

I just thought of the Vita heaven event again today and went googling. That made me a bit sad.
TGS is soon, so not all is lost!

EDIT: i realize you know this by the time i posted so the thought counts

TheSeks

What was that trick to get Motorstorm RC's online trophies? Going to the pit and selecting a friends time or whatever?

Derrick01

Banned
You have a variety of situations and 8 or so different type of characters to choose to tackle them in. You can go in stealthy or guns blazing or anywhere in between.

It's very much a game-game, with leaderboards and getting 5 out of 5 stars in a level being a big part of it, not a movie-game like most third person shooters these days.

Hmm I'm not sure, I guess if I can get it cheap in another couple of months then I'll give it a shot. Like I said I can't afford to really be picky with Vita. I do like freedom of choice in gameplay but leaderboards and rankings don't do much for me unless there's trophies involved.

edit: really late reply lol

Sid

Hmm I'm not sure, I guess if I can get it cheap in another couple of months then I'll give it a shot. Like I said I can't afford to really be picky with Vita. I do like freedom of choice in gameplay but leaderboards and rankings don't do much for me unless there's trophies involved.

edit: really late reply lol
Unit 13 has trophies.

Gattsu25

Banned
Check Amazon for the mem cards. I bought a 32 for like $71. Go 4 GB to start and then go 32 GB is my recommendation. Or go 32 GB right off the bat.

When it is all said and done, I would recommend both a 3DS and Vita. They are complementary gaming experiences.
I think I'm going to go this exact same route.

Derrick01

Banned
Unit 13 has trophies.

I know that. I meant the rankings where you try to perfect a level usually don't appeal to me unless there are trophies that make me do it. And looking at Unit 13's list it looks like it does, I saw "get 5 stars on 13 operations".

Kazerei

Banned
I know that. I meant the rankings where you try to perfect a level usually don't appeal to me unless there are trophies that make me do it. And looking at Unit 13's list it looks like it does, I saw "get 5 stars on 13 operations".

This is actually really really easy to do. I five-starred most missions on my first try.

Edit: Wait, I'm not sure if that's a good thing or bad thing in your view. But I'll say that it genuinely is fun replaying levels for higher scores in Unit 13. The levels are open, so you can approach each situation in a number of different ways. It's fun to find the best way.

Massa

The trophies are very well done, you'll get a lot out of the game by doing the platinum.

In any case there's a demo, you can check it out when you pick up the system.

Oppo

razzumfrazzum

Vita Netflix is being ornery. Won't let me in. IOS and other devices are fine of course. Anyone else?

It asked to update itself and now it's b0rked. Annoying cause you have to re input your login/pass just to try.

Think you just find a time that beats yours on the leaderboard, then beat it repeatedly...or something.

Without challenges?

You go find an event where you think you can beat the next lowest time and note the friend's name; then you go to your pit wall and press triangle on whatever entry shows for that friend -- this will give you their user profile. You highlight their time on the track you wish to challenge and you press x or whatever to start. Beat the time and you'll get a message to that effect, quit out, go find the next time.

If you do this on a track where there are two times decently close together, like 35 and 36 seconds, if you challenge the 36 and can do it in more than the 35, like say 35.2, you can exit out and then challenge the 35 next.

Or if you have a friend that wants to do a slow time for you on a track, they can dog it and send you a challenge when finished, then you can repeatedly launch that challenge and beat the time.

Apath

I platinum-ed Resistance Burning Skies about a week ago, and I have to say for a handheld game it was really good. The multiplayer is complete balls, but the single player was easily the best first person shooter experience I've had on a handheld.

I'm actually surprised that so many people dislike the game so much. Granted a lot of the encounters are re-hashes and it never does anything to push itself further, but for what it is -- a launch-range portable FPS -- it fills its role nicely. I enjoyed it more than Unit 13 at the very least.

Now if only they could have made the multiplayer not suck.

zroid

Banned
Please guys. Craving treasure park maps to solve...

I get 0 from near unfortunately..all through friends list so far..

Whoops, you're at the bottom of my friend list so I always forget to send you some :X

All out for today, will do tomorrow.

patsu

razzumfrazzum

Vita Netflix is being ornery. Won't let me in. IOS and other devices are fine of course. Anyone else?

It asked to update itself and now it's b0rked. Annoying cause you have to re input your login/pass just to try.

I watched Dororo on Vita Netflix app yesterday night (around 1:00am).
Worked fine then.

I can go in right now too. Started "No Strings Attached" without any issue.

TheSeks

Without challenges?

You go find an event where you think you can beat the next lowest time and note the friend's name; then you go to your pit wall and press triangle on whatever entry shows for that friend -- this will give you their user profile. You highlight their time on the track you wish to challenge and you press x or whatever to start. Beat the time and you'll get a message to that effect, quit out, go find the next time.

If you do this on a track where there are two times decently close together, like 35 and 36 seconds, if you challenge the 36 and can do it in more than the 35, like say 35.2, you can exit out and then challenge the 35 next.

Or if you have a friend that wants to do a slow time for you on a track, they can dog it and send you a challenge when finished, then you can repeatedly launch that challenge and beat the time.

Someone make a crap laptime for me to beat for these and shoot me a message, plz.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom