• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS Vita general discussion thread, part 4 | "Summer 2012"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rasec

Not sure if this is the exact way to do it, but I maxed a character's level through gifts and then rubbed her head about 20 times. She finally offered to play. :x

Usually it only takes me 3 times x'D
Weird.

Weird moments with my vita on the street:

Got miku to sit and behave well on my bus trip to university.
20120907145313.jpg

The behave well thing didn't last long T_T
20120907145145.jpg

Car surf time o_O
20120907160554.jpg

Finally she's getting tired and wants to rest.
20120907172906.jpg

Guess all that shopping at the mall got her tired.
20120907173046.jpg
^ Yup, i don't have much to do with my life. Sorry xD

patsu

Usually it only takes me 3 times x'D
Weird.

Weird moments with my vita on the street:

^ Yup, i don't have much to do with my life. Sorry xD

Interesting AR. Does the app pick the posture and scale automatically or do you have to hand pick them ?

oldmario

I re-read the post i made yesterday with the RE2 problem in a quote, was that person trying to say the game wouldn't let them reset and change to Claire? because thats exactly what i did before when i copied it over to my Vita.

Hey Gaf I was wondering what would be the best bang for my buck:
Option 1) Buy a Wii-U and be able to play Pikmin, Smash Brawl, and the latest supposedly amazing rpgs like Xenoblades and Last story
Option 2) Buy a Vita and play all the awesome psp rpgs for it including the new persona coming out soon

In the long run which do you think will have more fun and good games coming up in the *new*generation? Which one is more worth it?

Sid

Option 1) Buy a Wii-U and be able to play Pikmin, Smash Brawl, and the latest supposedly amazing rpgs like Xenoblades and Last story
Option 2) Buy a Vita and play all the awesome psp rpgs for it including the new persona coming out soon

In the long run which do you think will have more fun and good games coming up in the *new*generation? Which one is more worth it?
Since vita is the system where there are games available of your interest right now and assuming they are quite a few i say go with it and then wait a few years before the wii-u lineup is good enough and most of the games you want have been released then get the wii-u.

Option 3) Buy a PSP and play all the awesome psp rpgs for it excluding the new Vita persona coming out soon, but pay a tiny fraction of the price for the system and games (most of which you can find used or discounted at GS or on Ebay/Amazon for a pittance), then re-evaluate the WiiU/Vita purchase decision in a year or so when you get tired of the PSP RPGs?

Vitacat

Option 3) Buy a PSP and play all the awesome psp rpgs for it excluding the new Vita persona coming out soon, but pay a tiny fraction of the price for the system and games (most of which you can find used or discounted at GS or on Ebay/Amazon for a pittance), then re-evaluate the WiiU/Vita purchase decision in a year or so when you get tired of the PSP RPGs?

Yeah, but PSP games are way more fun on Vita, with the big OLED screen and better controls. And he needs the Vita if intends to play Persona 4.

Which one will have the games that interest you the most? Persona will be available in November. You could just buy a Wii for like 50$ by the time Wii u comes out.

zroid

Banned
If you want 'bang for your buck', I'd say use that same money to buy a used Wii with GC support, and a PSP.

I agree with this, actually :p

And PSP UMDs are so much cheaper than PSN usually. Not to mention PSP games can fill up an overpriced Vita memory card right quick.

One of the reasons I bought a Vita was to play PSP games, but now that I have one I'm also thinking of getting a used PSP.

Yeah, but PSP games are way more fun on Vita, with the big OLED screen and better controls. And he needs the Vita if intends to play Persona 4.
For RPGs? The improved graphics are nice, but the cost savings are HUGE if you go PSP/UMD for most of these games. You can buy a used PSP3K for $59 at our local Microplay (with warranty). Most of the games (excluding some really hard to find ones that aren't available on PSN anyway, like Valkyrie Profile Lenneth) are $10 or $15 used while there are a number of great PSP RPGs that aren't available on PSN at any price right now... And lastly, the second analog doesn't enter the picture for 99% of these kinds of games... Honestly, my recommendation stands; if you're interested in PSP RPGs, drop a little coin on a PSP and save your Vita purchase for when the Vita is cheaper and/or has more exclusive content you are interested in.

KalBalboa

Banned

Grab the Vita. The library is already pretty good and PSP games are significantly better on it when compared to playing them on the original PSP (especially in terms of the screen, controls, and battery life).

The Vita is also future- proof whereas the PSP is, basically, all done for. If you have a PS3 you are basically getting the Wii-U experience when you grab a Vita, too.

Ponn

Banned

Im a RPG player mostly and I foresee my “next generation" consisting of Vita and 3Ds. I loathe to admit it but rpgs have become niche this gen along with racers. Beyond the occassional FF on consoles they will be unsustainable and move to portables in a greater extent compared to this gen.

Moofers

I'm really hoping they announce Tekken Tag 2 for Vita. That'd be so awesome. With MvC3, MK, BlazBlue, and the PSP versions of Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur being playable, its like the greatest library of fighters in your pocket.

I was thinking of buying Gravity Rush soon, but I think I might hold off since Ico and Shadow are now Remote compatible. I've never really played either (I got like an hour into Ico once) so I'm thinking they may make excellent Vita games. And with Tekken, DOA5, and Dishonored all coming out in the new month, it might be good to try to limit my purchases to just those 3 games for the time being. Student loans and all that are forcing me to watch my reckless game spending a bit these days.

mauaus

Tis a sad day :( *hugs*

Haha, nice.

On another note, i am way too addicted to treasure park atm. `

Yeah, its really awesome, i just wish it wouldnt have to load the friends list from scratch everytime i want to share a board, its annoying...

Also... Zen Pinball 2 is great, never thought i could be addicted to a pinball game, started playing at 11 pm and had to turn it off at 2 am to get up early to jog

Carl

Lunch is banned? Perma'd or what? That's messed up. I wonder what happened.

Dunno. No one else seemed that have noticed. I was catching up with the posts while i had been asleep (as i always do) and saw he was banned. Sent him a PSN message asking why.

Yeah, its really awesome, i just wish it wouldnt have to load the friends list from scratch everytime i want to share a board, its annoying...

Yeah that's the only really annoying thing about it.

I'm really hoping they announce Tekken Tag 2 for Vita. That'd be so awesome. With MvC3, MK, BlazBlue, and the PSP versions of Tekken 6 and Soul Calibur being playable, its like the greatest library of fighters in your pocket.

I was thinking of buying Gravity Rush soon, but I think I might hold off since Ico and Shadow are now Remote compatible. I've never really played either (I got like an hour into Ico once) so I'm thinking they may make excellent Vita games. And with Tekken, DOA5, and Dishonored all coming out in the new month, it might be good to try to limit my purchases to just those 3 games for the time being. Student loans and all that are forcing me to watch my reckless game spending a bit these days.

TTT2 on Vita would be awesome, Vita buttons are sogood.

Carl

i played a Treasure Park map i downloaded from Near. Failed it epicly. Need to find out who this person was and get them back :(

KalBalboa

Banned
i played a Treasure Park map i downloaded from Near. Failed it epicly. Need to find out who this person was and get them back :(

Just got yours from earlier- took four moves but I got it. Sending you one to start the climb again. Right now I'm at 3 in a row, Rank C, 14460 points.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom