• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murmur

Man I can't wait for this.

Would love to go PC but not sure my current rig is up to the task. And the majority of friends that will play this will be on Xbox.

360 here I come.

MDSLKTR

I started having an obsession with this game after reading the pcgamer preview... So I ended preordering 2 copies for me and the gf on GMG :)
I think the promo expires in a couples hours today.

That shitty DLC may have gone over smoother with people if it was a preorder bonus instead of making everyone pay $10 for it.

They never made me pay for that. I had fun with the gauntlets that were included in the game. I didn't need to buy more of them. Sounds to me like they're removing one of the ones intended to be part of the main game and giving it to Gamestop. Amalur and Dragons Dogma did the same thing. As did SSX. I don't mind DLC, because in theory it's extra. This is simply the removal of main game content for the benefit of a retailer. It makes it easier for Gamestop to attract pre-orders without actually having to offer anything. I'll happily go with Amazon instead and take their 10 dollar coupon.

Kikarian

Don't know what build to go with zer0?

Sniper, or more stealth, assassin type...

Guess I'll just mess around in the skill trees a little.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Really looking forward to this. I had a lot of fun with Borderlands 1 even though I felt like it had a lot of issues. I remember getting really sick and blasting through it in 4 days with a friend either way.

Probably going with Maya. Zer0 interests me but I think my friend wants to play him.

Razek

Banned
It's UE3. Pop-in comes with the territory.

That's really weird; I could have sworn he was in there. I'm positive. I remember the posts about the videos editing some of the quotes because Hulett had posted an explanation on GAF. Maybe it was the "worst ports this gen" thread where he said that. If not, we have a conspiracy on our hands.

Actually, I can't seem to find him in the OT either, or any thread. I don't see any evidence he ever posted here. Do we know what his username was?

I think I'm gonna go with Siren or Soldier. Haven't really looked into the skill calculator stuff but I liked their playstyles in the first game as well and the new Phaselock ability looks handy.

dreamfall

Amazing OT! I'm playing some of Borderlands 1 to get me hype/remind myself of the game, definitely looking to go Gunzerker on 2!

I was able to grab the crazy Super Extra Nutter $150 Edition, so I am STOKED. Plus this game hits a day before my birthday, can't really ask for much more.

iNvid02

steam group is better than posting names in a spreadsheet i guess

join the group here - http://steamcommunity.com/groups/bl2gaf

To be fair, it's like a PR info dump. You can't blame people for just skipping it entirely.

hey this isnt f1 2012, people are actually looking forward to this one
KuGsj.gif

Desmond

Daaamn, is a Bobblehead and a book really worth the extra 40 quid? I'd love the BobbleHead, but it's hard to justify.

Aggrotek

Why is bigwinnerx taking up 1000 slots on the 360 google doc?

Daaamn, is a Bobblehead and a book really worth the extra 40 quid? I'd love the BobbleHead, but it's hard to justify.
I probably would have done it if it came with the vendor box.

iNvid02

i restored the changes back, if it happens again i'll change it to sign in required and/or change/hide the link

lol almost seems this site is anti console, I am getting this on the 360 since non of my friends are into pc gaming but I am super excited to try this out.

Item Box

Was going to get this on 360 to play with friends, but I couldn't pass up that $36 dollar deal from GMG. Guess I'll wait on the GOTY edition to double dip.

Coalition-PezRadar

Director of Community, The Coalition
If you have a friend that has Creature Slaughter Dome, you can have them host and you both or all 4 of you (if you do 4 player co-op) can play the content even if you don't have it or others don't. As long as the host does.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
If you have a friend that has Creature Slaughter Dome, you can have them host and you both or all 4 of you (if you do 4 player co-op) can play the content even if you don't have it or others don't. As long as the host does.

That's awesome. I really hope that Mechromancer would get her own achievement/trophy.

Raxus

Will it become available to those who buy the season pass sometime down the road?

iNvid02

google docs spreadsheets require signing in to your google account to edit because some anon-loser kept screwing it up

Will it become available to those who buy the season pass sometime down the road?

its just a preorder bonus, it should be available to everyone eventually

One of the best OPs that I've ever seen on GAF! Kudos to you.

I am so unbelievably pumped for this. I'm about 3/4ths of the way through the first Borderland and it's a great but flawed experience... Borderlands 2 seems to step it up into masterpiece territory.

LET'S GET YOU ROLLIN' MAN!

Razek

Banned
The answer is going to be, "Well I had a $30 gift certificate, and then my mom gave me 14 bucks!" or something similarly dumb

Or he had credit or something. Best deal right now is still the GMG one, and for consoles the $15 off preorder bonus already passed up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom