• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Borderlands 2 |OT| Opening Pandora's Box (of Guns!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remmy2112

I just hope there isn't any collect 3 of these quests. They are shit.

Most of the quests like that seem to be added dynamically as side missions for main area/story missions. You'll be in a significant area accomplishing a main task and a NPC like, say, Tannis will contact you and ask you to pick up 10 slag samples. Quest will be tracked as a side objective under your normal mission, always displaying while there. The samples will be around the area you're already in and dropped from enemies. When you turn in the main quest you'll get a additional reward for the side mission if completed.

PC will be obviously the best version, but my friends are all on 360 and this game seems quite pointless to play only in single...so i'm on the fence

Higher resolution should have less visual impact on cel shaded graphic, right?

Avinexus

Nice OP inVid!

PC will be obviously the best version, but my friends are all on 360 and this game seems quite pointless to play only in single...so i'm on the fence
I played the first one by myself and plan on playing the SP by myself again this time around. I like to take my time instead of rushing through everything like the majority of people do when playing coop.

I'm in the exact same boat. Probably just going to suck it up and get the 360 version.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
Great work with the OT!

I always wondered why the Mechromancers character design (artwork) was so much different from everyone else. Like to the level of being fan art looking.

Not that its a bad thing mind you, just was something thats always bugged me.

Woo-Fu

Banned
People need to make some new friends if their current friends limit them(selves) to a particular platform.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member

I actually liked having a separate solo character to play through the game. It was fun to go through at my own pace.

For your second part, for me it's that the PC version is (hopefully) not going to have a the pop in and a higher frame rate.

If the GB Quicklook is the final version shown, the Xbox definitely has the exact same kind of pop in that was very evident in the first one.

Ultimadrago

I recently beat Borderlands again (plus DLC) to get ready for this.

I hope they improve the general quests and navigation (especially for the DLC).
In any case, I have it paid off already and am looking forward to good time.

I don't remember what it was called, but there was a BL2 tech video showing off the added effects/physics with the highest settings and it was glorious. Made me quite jealous as a 360 player. Though BL1 was much more fun with friends, so I'd say pick up 360 first and play PC later so you won't be spoiled by its beauty.

I actually liked having a separate solo character to play through the game. It was fun to go through at my own pace.

For your second part, for me it's that the PC version is (hopefully) not going to have a the pop in and a higher frame rate.

If the GB Quicklook is the final version shown, the Xbox definitely has the exact same kind of pop in that was very evident in the first one.
It's UE3. Pop-in comes with the territory.

In this one: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=490076&highlight=tomm+hulett ?
I don't see him.

Anyways, can someone briefly explain how GMG works for this preorder? Do they email steam keys out or do we have to download it from them? Can we preload?
Also, I hope they give us some proper PC tweaks this time, like a simple FOV slider please?
That's really weird; I could have sworn he was in there. I'm positive. I remember the posts about the videos editing some of the quotes because Hulett had posted an explanation on GAF. Maybe it was the "worst ports this gen" thread where he said that. If not, we have a conspiracy on our hands.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Question. Did Gearbox find a way around the leveling disparity for co-op? I remember in 1 I couldn't play with a friend because I was like 5 levels higher and everything would kill him very easily.

Does anything scale to level now?

Woo-Fu

Banned
I'm value my friends a lot more than I do pc gaming. Just how it is. If it means I make concessions some times, so be it.

So do I, fortunately I don't have some arbitrary limit on how many friends I can have. It is trivially easy to meet new people and make new friends on new platforms. There are communities on just about every platform that welcome new people with open arms.

Sounds like an excuse to me, to be honest. If you're going to lose friends because you pick the PC version of a game something is messed up.

I don't remember what it was called, but there was a BL2 tech video showing off the added effects/physics with the highest settings and it was glorious. Made me quite jealous as a 360 player. Though BL1 was much more fun with friends, so I'd say pick up 360 first and play PC later so you won't be spoiled by its beauty.

I think you are referring to Physx effects, those are only on Nvidia gpus (and can destroy your frame-rate if badly optimized).

Gartooth

Great OT! This is probably my most anticipated game for the rest of 2012.

Still really upset that I'm only getting the base game instead of the collector's edition. ($100 one to be exact) I preordered the collector's edition at Gamestop, but when I checked my preorders recently I found out that they screwed up my transaction and only put me down for the $60 game, it was also too late to change it back because it was after the cut-off date.

*sigh* Whatever, the Premiere Club perks was worth the preorder alone.

I'll add my voice - f*** you, Gearbox, for ripping a fun part of the game out and giving it to Gamestop. I don't know why I expect better from Gearbox, but I do. This is Capcom/EA levels of bullshit.

Randdalf

Bought it off GMG, looking forward to it optimistically, I've never completed Borderlands because single player was dull and never could get a good co-op game going.

I'm in a bit of a pickle with this game. This is a game that I really wanted to play on PC but the friends I'll be playing with only have 360s. I'll likely begrudgingly pick up the 360 version at launch and at sometime in the future buy the PC version on sale.

Hazaro

relies on auto-aim
I'm in a bit of a pickle with this game. This is a game that I really wanted to play on PC but the friends I'll be playing with only have 360s. I'll likely begrudgingly pick up the 360 version at launch and at sometime in the future buy the PC version on sale.
Get better friends /PCGaming

There's usually a lot of leg and people who replay so I wouldn't worry about jumping in late. Hell, some people are still in the BL1 OT looking for people.

YEAH!! See you in Pandora, buddy!!
86Qfz.gif

Think I'm rolling with Axton, but I'll have to take a look at the skill trees this week and figure out what makes sense for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom