• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel: Ultimate Alliance Wii screens

lancubap

Bufbaf said:
burn.jpg

:lol

Anyway, these screens are really not bad.

angelsson

I don´t care whether those screens are real or not.
The interview was nice; the control scheme sounds quite fun and the game´ll have 16:9 and 480p.

You people don't get it. You can't flip flop and say they aren't Wii shots, then bash them whenever there's a possibility they are. You contradict yourself and just look stupid

Personally I think they are Wii screens and look closer to the next gen versions than the current gen. And people posting this pic:

http://xbox360media.ign.com/xbox360...arvel-ultimate-alliance-20060831042721947.jpg

I don't get it...I mean looking at the date it was posted way before and was just a placeholder pic...

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Chris Remo said:
One interesting thing (this may be mentioned in this interview but I haven't read it yet) is that you actually have access to all your moves at any time in the Wii version since you can always perform the corresponding gesture, but in the other versions you can only perform four moves at any given time since you're limited by the face buttons.

Owned my Remo.

Beezy

Chris Remo said:
One interesting thing (this may be mentioned in this interview but I haven't read it yet) is that you actually have access to all your moves at any time in the Wii version since you can always perform the corresponding gesture, but in the other versions you can only perform four moves at any given time since you're limited by the face buttons.

Good stuff. :)

Dorfdad

Gold Member
Looks pretty good to me, need to see it in motion, though I am troubled about having to swing like a madman all day!

Interest level zero at E3... After reading the interview and seeing much improved screens, I will be buying at launch. MP adventuring ftw.

Dorfdad said:
Looks pretty good to me, need to see it in motion, though I am troubled about having to swing like a madman all day!

Isn't that how most Wii games will be played (in concept at least)?

It's the console for the hyperactive, I tell you.

SuomiDude

Dorfdad said:

If you wanna swing like a madman all day, then it's your choice. If I'll play this game, I'll just use small moves.

kIdMuScLe

This is a good game... i enjoyed the game when i had my hands on it. it probably takes about 20-30 hrs to complete straight through without doing any of the extra stuff.

GDGF

Soothsayer
This looks pretty damn good. Kudos to the team for actually trying.

(I honestly expect to see quite a few more third party games at this and Splinter Cell's level graphicly when Nintendo's three Wii-cons come about)

And I look forward to playing this, too. From the descriptions, it sounds alot like that SD Gundam Wii game that has you flicking the controller to destroy stuff.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
I don't care if the graphics of some games reach the Dreamcast level, just be a shit load of fun and ill buy

Rocked

VicAlpha said:
I don't care if the graphics of some games reach the Dreamcast level, just be a shit load of fun and ill buy

I very much agree. As long as the graphics aren't worse than Dreamcast then I'm happy. :) To me Shenmue is more beautiful than any games on the consoles that came after it.

GDGF

Soothsayer
You know what I wanna see? Spiderman Wii (cough). I thought it was as good as confirmed. It'd be perfect for the Wimote.

Chao

Confirmed:

Wii am nextgen total.

Now plz, bring us more bloom and shaders and less GT from Ubi thx.

Chris Remo said:
That is pretty interesting, it just remains to be seen how good it feels doing those motions.

ethelred

ksamedi said:
never underestimate vicarious visions, they did amazing things with the GBA and DS.

Vicarious Visions IS pretty great -- I'd like it if Activision let them do some more original titles rather than primarily confining them to doing the Nintendo versions of multiplatform games. They've clearly got a lot of talent.

GDGF said:
You know what I wanna see? Spiderman Wii (cough). I thought it was as good as confirmed. It'd be perfect for the Wimote.

Yeah, Activision confirmed they have a Spiderman game in development.

sprocket

Banned
Too bad nintendo wont give the developers the online libraries for the Wii untill next year . This game could have really been something other wise. It looks really close to the 360 and ps3 versions . I am not sure if thats saying something about the Wii power or saying somthing about the develpoers lack of talent on the other consoels .

GDGF

Soothsayer
ethelred said:
Yeah, Activision confirmed they have a Spiderman game in development.

Good to hear. They could do wonderful things with the web shooting and swinging and whatnot.

As an aside, I was watching the final disc of Full Metal Alchemist last night (and then the OVA) and it struck me how freaking awesome of a Wii game this series would make.

You've got your Wiimote/ pointer to act as that blade that comes out of Ed's android arm, and to perform alchemy, you smack the accelerometer against the Wiimote and then do a thrusting downward motion. Dope. It'd have to have nice, cel shaded visuals too. I'd love that. Regular combat would be akin to this Marvel:UA game (ie shaking the Wiimote for melee and whatnot)

Dope assness.

ksamedi

ethelred said:
Vicarious Visions IS pretty great -- I'd like it if Activision let them do some more original titles rather than primarily confining them to doing the Nintendo versions of multiplatform games. They've clearly got a lot of talent.

I think they are the best choice for the Wii version, but i do agree that they should get more freedom.

Saoh

the models look very nice, maybe because they're simple and dont have much on them. :)

but the textures are not quite there. :/

Grayman

That would mean that raven is developing it, just it's being ported by VV(to wii, psp, and maybe more portables)

Grayman

I compiled an info post from the official site and ebgames. It doesn't have the next gen system screens because they are everywhere else. It has psp and ps2 ones. I checked and the xbox ones look exactly like the ps2 ones probably a mixup.

So I checked out ebgames.com(where i get releases and pricing usually)
10/24 for PS2, 360, xbx, gba
11/01 wii and ps3 (probably just a conservative guess)
11/07 psp (bonus content!)

PC game isn't in the computers but the strategy guide includes it. gg eb ftl.

old gen (gba) 29.99
Current gen(ps2 xbx psp) 39.99, this is a drop in the psp pricing from last gen iirc.
Wii 49.99
Next Gen 59.99

Purchase Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and receive your Exclusive Bonus Code to unlock the SILVER SURFER! Plus get VIP Access to www.marvelultimatealliance.com including first look access to behind-the-scenes videos, early character reveals, bonus developer blogs and more! Emails will be sent out on Thursdays.
He must be unlockable in normal ways though(or everyone will get the code online)

All versions
Over 17 exotic locales take the player around the world, out of the universe and back again.

# PlayStation®3 system and Xbox 360 feature amazing graphics that take full advantage of the next-gen. hardware. These include real-time shadows, detailed texture to the environments, and true hi-def. in-game cinematics.
# Nintendo Wii will have intuitive and fun Wii-specific controls for movement, combat and powers
# PC customizes the next gen. graphics to a PC with intuitive mouse controls. Incredible attack combos can be unleashed with the click of a button.

PSP facts:
* 4 EXCLUSIVE playable Marvel characters
* Enhanced for 16x9 widescreen aspect ratio
* PSP™-Enabled Community Website that includes player stats
* User Interface Enhancements to take advantage of the PSP™ design
# Cooperate or compete online. Play the entire story from beginning to end individually or with your friends over AdHoc WiFi and Infrastructure. Partner with up to 3 other players to battle villains together in cooperative mode.

GBA :lol:
The GBA takes the look and excitement from the big brother consoles and pulls it in to a more digestible size. All of the favorite heroes from the consoles are here. The game focuses on action while maintaining the huge epic story you would expect from a game called Marvel: Ultimate Alliance.

* Create your dream team. Players create teams of 3 heroes plus a striker. The player can switch between any of the heroes at any time.
* Upgrade your characters and team through a deep system of upgrades and team reputation points.
* Call in a striker to turn the tide. Strikers can be called in at any moment to turn the tide of the battle. With a powerful attack, they swoop in and unleash devastation.
* Environmental obstacles – Traverse difficult environments to hunt down the enemies. Watch out for traps and walls of fire.
* Unique additional gameplay modes, including the Shield Simulator, Time Challenges, Scavenger Hunts, and a Survival mode.

ugliest PSP screenshots ever. EBgames.com non on official site. Hopefully early.
http://www.ebgames.com/common/images/lscreen/190308l1.jpg
http://www.ebgames.com/common/images/lscreen/190308l2.jpg
http://www.ebgames.com/common/images/lscreen/190308l3.jpg
http://www.ebgames.com/common/images/lscreen/190308l4.jpg

PS2 shots(since all in thread r next gen or thisgen*1.5)
http://www.ebgames.com/common/images/lscreen/B281494Al1.jpg
http://www.ebgames.com/common/images/lscreen/B281494Al2.jpg
http://www.ebgames.com/common/images/lscreen/B281494Al3.jpg
http://www.ebgames.com/common/images/lscreen/B281494Al4.jpg
http://www.ebgames.com/common/images/lscreen/B281494Al5.jpg
http://www.ebgames.com/common/images/lscreen/B281494Al6.jpg

corsair in picture 3 it looks like.

Dare I buy this for ps2, psp, gba, and eventually PS3, wii and maybe PC(community/modding/hexhacks?)!

Grayman

well, if you do get a wii it might be novel to have it on that. If you get it for ps2 it'll add to this generation not being over yet but maybe you wouldn't like it monopolizing that much. with okami and ffxii this might get pushed away while it wouldn't on another console. Xbox will probably have crisper graphics than ps2 but considering neither is next gen I would weigh the controller and online play.

PC version I wouldn't touch with money tight at launch. I would wait until I could chat with pc version owners and see if gamepad controls actually work. Also if it follows the xml2 trend a demo for pc will be out three or four months later. GBA will be watered down and doesn't really count, maybe if you had a big bus trip coming up and wanted to try the new modes.

PSP, you like graphics. Unless you really like having a portable fully featured version on the go it's not worth it. The online stats will be cool but maybe that is an unanounced feature for the other versions(especially with 2 on live and one on pc)

I will most likely get the ps2 one first and pick up the others as they get lower in price or I get large sums of money to burn because this line of games is my favourite new one from the 128 bit generation.

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
people, what's wrong with you? Those shots looks like current gen! All of those looks like current gen!

If those are really graphics for the Xbox360 and the PS3 then... :lol at the developer effort.

I think that someone pick up the current gen game and ported to all new gen systems :lol

tanasten said:
people, what's wrong with you? Those shots looks like current gen! All of those looks like current gen!

If those are really graphics for the Xbox360 and the PS3 then... :lol at the developer effort.

I think that someone pick up the current gen game and ported to all new gen systems :lol
The hell is wrong with you? Everybody knows that the Wii is incapable of producing anything near 360/PS3 level graphically. These shots look nice, that's enough for the Wii because it's banking itself on the Wiimote.

Varjet

Insertia said:
I came into this thread and said to myself, 'that doesn't look too bad for DS'.

Then I read the topic title again.
What a pity that the 360 and PS3 versions don't look THAT much better...

jarosh

Insertia said:

OMFG that is so very smart of you. brilliant comedy. you win teh prize

Anyone have a complete chjaracter list?

Storm
Captain America
Spider-Man
Thor
Elektra
Blade
Dr Strange
The Thing
Wolverine
Iceman
Human Torch
Ghost Rider

????

Insertia said:

This only works if the 360 and PS3 versions of the game actually look really good themselves. When none of them take advantage of the hardware, all of the impact of "Wii LOL" jokes are lost. It's also worth mentioning that you're pretty late to the party with that punchline, fitting or not.

Teh Hamburglar said:
Anyone have a complete chjaracter list?

Storm
Captain America
Spider-Man
Thor
Elektra
Blade
Dr Strange
The Thing
Wolverine
Iceman
Human Torch
Ghost Rider

????

I linked to a list above.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvel:_Ultimate_Alliance

My main gripe is WHERE'S THE HULK?!?! First Marvel Nemesis did him in in the cutscenes, and now this. Did the movie bomb that bad? I don't think he's that much more powerful than Thor or Silver Surfer, so what gives?

Top Bottom