• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles will be Splorgenborg exclusive!

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
i'm thinking of selling my 360 to buy a splorgenborg. i've got a sweet 60" hdtv with 1080p in my parents' boiler room that only cost me $6,000 and i think the splorgenborg's super low-def output would accentuate how awesome my tv is by comparison, whatta ya guys think?!

holy shit i didnt think anyone would find that XD

I admin that site, and he was in the chat and he was all "I NEED SYSTEM NAME" so I went "...splorgenborg?"

bumpkin

**** you, Capco... Aww screw it! Nevermind, not even worth getting pissed about it. This is what Capcom does best.

Nemesis_

My uncle who works as a janitor for my brothers dog at Microsoft heard that the Xbox 360 will also be getting Chaos Legion 2, Power Stone 5 (after 4 and 3 get released on the PS3) AND to top it all off Devil May Cry vs Resident Evil, a new crossover fighter.

:)

Vieo

bumpkin said:
**** you, Capco... Aww screw it! Nevermind, not even worth getting pissed about it. This is what Capcom does best.

I'm already pissed no RE5 or full RE game for Wii. Capcom released RE0 - RE4 on GCN and put an RE on DS. Now they're all like "SORRY GUYS. IF YOU WANT THE STORY TO CONTINUE, BUY AN XBOX OR PLAYSTATION.".

The torch has been passed to Konami. C'mon Konami! Wii need a proper survival horror game. Silent Hill Wii! Make it happen!

Vieo said:
I'm already pissed no RE5 or full RE game for Wii. Capcom released RE0 - RE4 on GCN and put an RE on DS. Now they're all like "SORRY GUYS. IF YOU WANT THE STORY TO CONTINUE, BUY AN XBOX OR PLAYSTATION.".

The torch has been passed to Konami. C'mon Konami! Wii need a proper survival horror game. Silent Hill Wii! Make it happen!
i think playstation owners felt the same way about REmake, RE0 and RE4 (until it got ported).

the RE series goes where the money is.

they've updated the original news story now to basically say 'yeah shit sorry guys we didn't know what the **** we were talking about!' it's pretty amusing.

anyway, tell me more about this splorgenborg thing.

lets get the most important question out of the way. what colour is it going to be?

Andonuts

Did anyone point out they updated the new story with this?

Update October 2nd, 2006

We noticed there was a large amounts of traffic hitting this article, and after numerous emails about this as well, and we wanted to set the record straight.

The Xbox 360 game, Resident Evil 5 was already announced last year, and thus far, it has not been cancelled officially. Capcom refused to budge by saying that Resident Evil 5 is Xbox 360 exclusive from plenty of articles around the web during their X06 conference in Barcelona last week.

In May - 2006, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles was announced for the Wii. For those who didn't guess it... E3 was during May Official Link

However, we must remember that the the titles of the the two sets of consoles (PS3/Xbox 360 vs. Wii) are different. Resident Evil 5 for Xbox 360 (and presumably PS3) and
Umbrella Chronicles for the Wii.

We never intended this to be "Breaking News", and would hope to simmer down the misunderstandings that are going on around the web related to this article.

Thanks to in5ane.com for some quick confirmations (another excellent site for news from around the web).

lol journalism

I love how the "clarification" actually makes things more confusing... But as far as I can tell they're basically just saying that they meant to say that the Resident Evil franchise is not wii exclusive because of the existence of Resident Evil 5?

Zenith

Banned
The Xbox 360 game, Resident Evil 5 was already announced last year, and thus far, it has not been cancelled officially. Capcom refused to budge by saying that Resident Evil 5 is Xbox 360 exclusive from plenty of articles around the web during their X06 conference in Barcelona last week.

totally clueless...

Do they even follow gaming news?

ethelred

The 360 RE5 hasn't been canceled officially? I wasn't aware it had even been hinted at being canceled unofficially. :lol

Cheebs

I just did a google hit comparison between Splorgenborg and Dreamcast 2's release date. I feel these results prove Dreamcast 2 will outsell it.

Splorgenborg 0
09/09/09 340,000

Dizzy

Banned
Although the title says "RE not wii exclusive" the article actually seems to be talking about RE5 not being X360 exclusive.

ethelred

Dizzy said:
Although the title says "RE not wii exclusive" the article actually seems to be talking about RE5 not being X360 exclusive.

Wait, I thought it was being canceled? Isn't it?

Dudes, let me know if you want me to confirm anything on my blog. Zelda X360? Street Fighter 4? Dreamcast 2009? Peter Moore's Tattoo Training DS? You want it, it's CONFIRMED.

Ranger X

Meh, the thread title should have been changed to "Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles will be Splorgenborg exclusive!"

:lol

the year 20XX said:
Dudes, let me know if you want me to confirm anything on my blog. Zelda X360? Street Fighter 4? Dreamcast 2009? Peter Moore's Tattoo Training DS? You want it, it's CONFIRMED.
We need a leak of Capcom's new console, Splorgenborg.

JonathanEx said:
We need a leak of Capcom's new console, Splorgenborg.

Well, before I hit the Blogspot, I'll just say that an anonymous source on a message board known for breaking big news just CONFIRMED Capcom's Splorgenborg console.

snatches

Matt Cassassassassassamassina just wrote in his blog that although Wii will not have the exclusive, nor the Splorgenborg's 2160p output, that next gen is old and busted and waggling is teh new hotness.

So, it took about 40 posts for the Splorenberg to really hit the mainstream. Has Capcom issued an official press release?

Also, has any site confirmed the pack-in materials? Splorenberg Premium could be a hot holiday item.

evilromero said:
So, it took about 40 posts for the Splorenberg to really hit the mainstream. Has Capcom issued an official press release?

Also, has any site confirmed the pack-in materials? Splorenberg Premium could be a hot holiday item.
Splorgenborg won't have a retard pack, because it's too awesome. Sure, there will be one less expensive, but it's way too cool for retardness.

Update October 2nd, 2006

We noticed there was a large amounts of traffic hitting this article, and after numerous emails about this as well, and we wanted to set the record straight.

In May - 2006, Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles was announced for the Wii. For those who didn't guess it... E3 was during May Official Link

However, we must remember that the the titles of the the two sets of consoles (PS3/Xbox 360 vs. Wii) are different. Resident Evil 5 for Xbox 360 (and presumably PS3) and
Umbrella Chronicles for the Wii.

We never intended this to be "Breaking News", and would hope to simmer down the misunderstandings that are going on around the web related to this article.

Thanks to in5ane.com for some quick confirmations (another excellent site for news from around the web).

Well I am glad they have firgured out that RE5 will be on 360 and RE UC will be on Wii, man that is some up to the second news they got going there.

M3wThr33

Banned
JonathanEx said:
Splorgenborg won't have a retard pack, because it's too awesome. Sure, there will be one less expensive, but it's way too cool for retardness.

Haha. Anyone have a pic of the boxart for the games yet?

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
I was under the impression that the Splorgenborg was a Capcom/Nintendo collaboration effort, no? That might explain some of the confusion with the whole RE5 dealio.

castle007

Banned
WTF

I go away for a day and I see this huge megaton!!!!

When did Capcom announce this Splorgenborg console????

This is pretty huge. Do you guys think that this will effect the market?? I think that having 2 next gen consoles is good enough, but three is too much.

So, I guess Capcom won't be releasing RE5 and DMC4 on other consoles, and instead put them on the Splorgenborg.

Does is this also mean that they will stop making those console Castlevanias??????

I also hope that they buy Konami, it will be interesting to see what Konami's Megaman team can do with the CV series.

castle007 said:
WTF

I go away for a day and I see this huge megaton!!!!

When did Capcom announce this Splorgenborg console????
It was on another leaked release list from Ubisoft. They're porting every game they made in existance to it to go with the Splorgenborg's hologram features.

TheOMan said:
I was under the impression that the Splorgenborg was a Capcom/Nintendo collaboration effort, no? That might explain some of the confusion with the whole RE5 dealio.

Get those unfounded rumors out of here. This thread is for CONFIRMED SPLORGENBORG FACTS.

It's been announced that Capcom will announce a future announcement concerning the confirmation or denail of the officially cancelled but simultaneously confirmed exclusivity of the already-announced Resident Evil Splorgenborg: Special Alpha Edition.

Cheebs

jarosh said:
hey guys. i hear LOST PLANET was moved to splorgenborg
SPLORGENBORG 4EVA
I love it. :lol :lol :lol
splorgenborg.jpg

Any word on Mega Man 9 for the Splorgenborg? I hear Infune will be making a annoucement soon.

Top Bottom