• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles will be Splorgenborg exclusive!

Amir0x

Banned
when a random no-name website writes "Capcom says today" and they don't link to where Capcom said it today, it's usually false.

hey guys

capcom says today that they're making a new console called the splorgenborg

i read it on totallynonexistantbutawesomeblog.blogspot.com

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Amir0x said:
Also when you click "more about this game", it goes to a Resident Evil 5 info page.

i think they're saying that RE5 = REWii

which actually wouldn't be so farfetched if it weren't for the lack of confirmation.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
JonathanEx said:
hey guys

splorgenborg get!

Kawaii

JonathanEx said:
hey guys

If it has 3D projector and lightsaber -> Day one purchase.

If this is true... well, then Nintendo seriously has to get their relationship straight with Capcom.

JonathanEx said:
hey guys

:lol :lol

Amir0x

Banned
ethelred said:
The hilarious thing, though, is... would anyone really be surprised if it turned out to not be exclusive?

judging by current third party support for Wii, the answer is no it wouldn't be surprising.

Although from what I gain, Umbrella Chronicles is really catered toward the wiimote in some way so i don't think the PS3's motion shit could merely replicate it. 360 would be totally out without a retooling

Smiles and Cries said:
maybe because they are speaking of RES 5 and not wii?

Yeah, I figured that was a possibility but for some reason they brought Wii into it.

The article didn't even include the words "Umbrella Chronicle," just "Resident Evil." Obviously Resident Evil as a franchise isn't exclusive to Wii. Is that what it's saying? Why didn't it specify the game? This doesn't even just seem made up, it seems genuinely confused.

Amir0x

Banned
Chris Remo said:
The article didn't even include the words "Umbrella Chronicle," just "Resident Evil." Obviously Resident Evil as a franchise isn't exclusive to Wii. Is that what it's saying? Why didn't it specify the game? This doesn't even just seem made up, it seems genuinely confused.

Yeah, but this news would be so old then! The only problem is, at the time Capcom announced RE5 would be on 360 and PS3, "Wii" didn't have a name yet. It was still Revolution.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
If amir0x is found dead in a ditch somewhere, we know who to blame.

neo2046

RE 5 never announces a Wii version
so I think the site means RE Umbrella Chronicle
I have no idea about the site and why I ask how relaible the site is

Please lock the topic if neccessary, thanks.

I wouldn't be surprised if UC wasn't Wii-exclusive. But I think it will be. I'm going to say that Wii will be like the PS2 pre-RE4 and get the RE side-stories (albeit stuff that can be canon, maybe even something like CV) and the PS3/360 will get the main series.

ethelred said:
The hilarious thing, though, is... would anyone really be surprised if it turned out to not be exclusive?
Well, yeah. To me it seems the point of the project is that since it doesn't make sense to make RE5 completely multiplatform, they're making an alternate game to release on Wii instead. If that game turned out to be completely multiplatform, they might as well have just done RE5 across all three systems in the first place.

Amir0x

Banned
JoshuaJSlone said:
Well, yeah. To me it seems the point of the project is that since it doesn't make sense to make RE5 completely multiplatform, they're making an alternate game to release on Wii instead. If that game turned out to be completely multiplatform, they might as well have just done RE5 across all three systems in the first place.

I doubt the engine they're likely working on PS3/360 (if it's the Lost Planet engine?) could even be scaled to the "Wii level" without it essentially being a different game anyway. Most true next-gen engines are like that.

Amir0x said:
I doubt the engine they're likely working on PS3/360 (if it's the Lost Planet engine?) could even be scaled to the "Wii level" without it essentially being a different game anyway. Most true next-gen engines are like that.
Yeah, but you have the exact opposite problem if it's the other way around. It's even more work to up-port a game and actually have it really take advantage of the hardware.

Amir0x

Banned
Chris Remo said:
Yeah, but you have the exact opposite problem if it's the other way around. It's even more work to up-port a game and actually have it really take advantage of the hardware.

I already said that in another post, that I don't see how/why it'd be multiplatform here

Random website guy: Hey Capcom, is Resident Evil 5 exclusive to Wii like I heard at EB?

Capcom: No, it's coming out for PS3, Splorgenborg and 360, it was never Wii exclusive.

Random website guy: Hey internet! BREAKING NEWZ!!

TehOh

Hey guys, I know this guy who may work as a janitor in the subbasement of Capcom's LA annex. He told me that Resident Evil 5 was actually coming out for the PS3, the Xbox 360, the Wii, Splorenberg, 3D0, and the Dreamcast. He promised me the exclusive before passing out. I did get him to reveal that it and Resident Evil 6 will be out for the Dreamcast's relaunch. I believed. :lol

neptunes

Last time "Capcom Said" (or a release schedule for that matter) that Resident Evil 4 would come to xbox.

I'll wait for an official confirmation.

Varjet

Pureauthor said:
All hail the Splogernborg!

So, I hear Devil May Cry 5 runs at 120fps.

Any word on Megaman Legends 3?
Not yet, but but Sega confirmed Shenmue 3. That's going to be sweet.

Top Bottom