• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

POPGAF |OT3| Geo Da Silva > nails on chalkboard > Taylor Swift

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
NEW PAGE. NEW MONTH. NEW NEWS.

iqSs9wMuyPDAb.png

*working banner

Round 1: Nomination Process

Album Of The Year

Send in your top 10 albums of the year, ranked from 1 to 10. They must have been released during 2012 somewhere in the world mainly the US and the UK, since this is the first time we are doing this. Re-releases count and so do EPs.​

Crumpet said:
1. The Complete Confection – Katy Perry
2. MDNA – Madonna
3. Believe – Justin Bieber
4. RED – Taylor Swift
5. Scream – Usher
6. ..
7. ..
8. ..
9. ..
10. ..

Worst Album of 2012

Send in just one album that was released during 2012 either in the US or the UK that you believe to be the worst album of the year.​

Crumpet said:
Chapter One – Kelly Clarkson

Record Of The Year

Send in your top 15 songs of the year ranked from 1 to 15. They must have been released as a single during 2012 either in the US or the UK.​

Crumpet said:
1. Wide Awake – Katy Perry
2. Part of Me – Katy Perry
3. ..
4. ..
5. .
6. .

Worst Song of 2012

Send in just one song that was released as a single during 2012 either in the US or the UK that you believe to be the worst.​

Crumpet said:
Catch My Breath – Kelly Clarkson

Favorite Unreleased Track

Send in up to 5 songs that were not released as a single but are found on an album that was released during 2012. No need to rank them.​

Video of The Year

Send in your top 10 videos of the year, ranked from 1 to 10. They must have been released during 2012 somewhere in the world mainly the US and the UK.​

Worst Video of 2012

Send in just one video that was released during 2012 either in the US or the UK that you believe to be the worst.​

Artist of The Year

Send in one pop act who you believe dominated the year. It must have released either a single or an album during 2012.​

Crumpet said:
Carrie Underwood

Flop of The Year
8f70c6ea.gif

Send in one pop act who you believe flop the worst. It must have released either a single or an album during 2012.​

Crumpet said:
Kelly Clarkson

Remix of The Year

Send in one remix of a single released in 2012 or from a track found on an album that was released in 2012​

Most Anticipated Artist of 2013

Send in one pop act who you believe will dominate 2013.​

You have exactly till the 15th to make your lists, since I am going into Finals mode and so are some of you my inbox wont be open till then. That gives you exactly 2 weeks to compile all of this so dont be a lazy cunt. The list will be used to see what should be nominated before heading into the voting round. It is also encouraged to not reveal your entire list in the thread until the nomination process is done, but do talk among yourself as to what should be nominated. Each section must be complete, PMs with incomplete information will not be counted. And as a reminder try to keep it POP, I know some R&B artist will be nominated but try to put the pop acts first, the non-pop acts should be used to finish your list in case you haven't listened to 10 Pop albums but should not be in the forefront (though I will still take your ballot if you decide to ignore this since in the end its about what the community likes...).

During the PopGaf Olympics I got 26 participants and I know since then this community has grown( a bit) so please harass your fellow members to partake on the festivities

#StayLotus
iWf0x9ypPLTjB.gif

might be looking for 1 more person to help me out a bit

DMeisterJ

Banned
This should be fun. Hopefully you 'leak' the ballots again so we can see the cunts that shade our faves. I need to composE my list tho.

What's up with the late Finals tho? Mine are all done by the 14th

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
[And as a reminder try to keep it POP, I know some R&B artist will be nominated but try to put the pop acts first, the non-pop acts should be used to finish your list in case you haven't listened to 10 Pop albums but should not be in the forefront

What a weird stipulation. If it's better, it's better. The two genres are practically at, like, 90% crossover appeal these days anyway.

Also lol @ suggestions after Marry The Night video......was about to close the tab when I noticed it.

L3bQA.png

Sums up how I feel about the video in general.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Do Greatest Hits albums count though? My top 10 is clogged enough as is.

Yes, as long as it has new material.

What a weird stipulation. If it's better, it's better. The two genres are practically at, like, 90% crossover appeal these days anyway.

I find other genres to be better as well but I'm not here to celebrate music as a whole, I just want to avoid acts of different genres popping up(J-pop, K-pop, Rock, Hip Hop, etc). I am less strict on the R&B artist because they dont have a community of their own and get talked about here a lot(hence the crossover appeal) so I will accept them being nominated.

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
I just want to avoid acts of different genres popping up(J-pop, K-pop, Rock, Hip Hop, etc).

That's fine and makes plenty of sense.

This
some R&B artist will be nominated but try to put the pop acts first, the non-pop acts should be used to finish your list
does not. It's like rigging the end tallies so that the "true" pop artists end up on top and anyone who might fall under the r&b genre is automatically relegated to the lower tiers.

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
That's fine and makes plenty of sense.

This
does not. It's like rigging the end tallies so that the "true" pop artists end up on top and anyone who might fall under the r&b genre is automatically relegated to the lower tiers.

just a friendly reminder this is a Pop thread ;)

but like I said

though I will still take your ballot if you decide to ignore this since in the end its about what the community likes...

its whatever yall like/want
ibtySLHvOdI2Jy.gif

Bladenic

So can I nominate The Weeknd as Slayer of Your Faves or no?

Actually let me not, there is no POP to R&B and it would be unfair to your faves anyway.

tumblr_md8hz6kvN01qzvphao1_500.gif

Artemisia

Banned
Lotus is not the worst. Unapologetic was certainly worse than Lotus.

But we have some sinners in here who actually enjoy the latter ratchet trash so I expect lotus to come away with the prize.

Lotus is not the worst. Unapologetic was certainly worse than Lotus.

But we have some sinners in here who actually enjoy the latter ratchet trash so I expect lotus to come away with the prize.

Flop of the Year and Worst Album are separate categories.

For example:
Flop: Lotus
Worst: Unapologetic

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Flop of the Year and Worst Album are separate categories.

For example:
Flop: Lotus

Flop of The Year is a person or group, lol

Ideally it would be
Flop: Rihanna

8f70c6ea.gif

but of course she didn't really flop this year and I expect her to be nominated for Artist of The Year

Flop of The Year is a person or group, lol

Ideally it would be
Flop: Rihanna

8f70c6ea.gif

but of course she didn't really flop this year and I expect her to be nominated for Artist of The Year
Oh yeah....oops.

Will the voting round be 1 vote only per category, or a ranking? Also how many nominations per category? (for example if there will be 10 nominees for best album I may throw some mid tier stuff up high because it could sneak in the bottom......if only 4 nom's I would want to stick with albums that have a chance of winning up at the top of the list)

Cynosure

stans and hatrers for Xtina, Rihanna, and Madonna canceled each other out in the last one, so they weren't in either top10

there doesn't seem to be a way for that to happen this time

Most Anticipated Artist of 2013

Send in one pop act who you believe will dominate 2013.

I C U sneaking Gaga into the mix

i4jnf0XjqNZD3.gif

Dr. Malik

FlatAss_
Oh yeah....oops.

Will the voting round be 1 vote only per category, or a ranking?

ranking

Also how many nominations per category? (for example if there will be 10 nominees for best album I may throw some mid tier stuff up high because it could sneak in the bottom......if only 4 nom's I would want to stick with albums that have a chance of winning up at the top of the list)

not sure yet because it depends how many participate during the nomination process but I expect at least 10 nominees for each of the awards that require a list, the other ones might just be 5 nominees for each

I C U sneaking Gaga into the mix

#oop
8f70c6ea.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom