• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Resident Evil 6 PC details [releasing March 22, 2013]

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
only if they actually put out a proper version of RE4. that Ubisoft published shit needs to be forgotten.

yes. even with mods installed.

I don't want the ghetto console HD version either.

I want a straight GC visuals port (best lighting/textures, no HD version fuckups) with all content and a functional 60 fps.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Steamworks basically seals the deal on this. Now, let's hope it's not full price at release. The demo was a fun romp with a friend online. I thought it was much better than 5 in terms of the setting so I'm leaning on getting this for PC as well.

Grief.exe

RE6 looks like a pretty shoddy game, and DMC isn't shaping up all that well either.

But we need to support the death of GFWL.

BadAss2961

I think my PC is ready. I played the demo on PS3, and some parts ran like shit. This release should fix a lot of RE6's problems.

I'm disappointed this is being ported by a third party Polish studio and likely it won't be enhanced with DX10+ stuff (also the requirements suggest this), as Capcom was doing when they were making the PC ports in house (LP1&2, DMC4, RE5).

Sectus

I'm disappointed this is being ported by a third party Polish studio and likely it won't be enhanced with DX10+ stuff (also the requirements suggest this), as Capcom was doing when they were making the PC ports in house (LP1&2, DMC4, RE5).

Is there any source on this? I haven't heard a few claims that qloc is working on the RE6 port, but I haven't seen any source on the info.

ArjanN

QLOC did the PC versions of SFIV:Arcade Edition and SFxTekken which were great ports IMO. (Design problems in SFxTekken aside, haha.)

And the DX10 stuff basically meant very little in practice.

Is there any source on this? I haven't heard a few claims that qloc is working on the RE6 port, but I haven't seen any source on the info.

Sven said so on the Capcom forum.
QLOC is doing RE6, finishing up DmC and the SFxTekken patches/DLC.
QLOC getting that work. :p

Sectus

QLOC did the PC version of SFIV:Arcade Edition, which was pretty fantastic.

They also ported Operation Raccoon City, which supposedly had a really poor PC version. But it might have been mainly the engine's fault.

Valnen

Both the digital and retail versions of Resident Evil 6 PC will contain all the content found in the original console release plus receive any additions contained in any free title updates such as Ada Wong’s campaign being accessible from the outset and the challenging No Hope difficulty mode.
I like how it specifically avoids mentioning whether or not the PC version will get the same paid DLC. It only says FREE content. Not paid. That was the problem with RE5 PC, it didn't get all the content.

Yep...when it hits $5 during a steam sale

I don't think RE5 has ever been that low. It's been on sale but not for $5.

ArjanN

I like how it specifically avoids mentioning whether or not the PC version will get the same paid DLC. It only says FREE content. Not paid. That was the problem with RE5 PC, it didn't get all the content.

I think the emphasis is more on "free" part there. I.e. there's likely to be more paid DLC in the future.

Valnen

I think the emphasis is more on "free" part there. I.e. there's likely to be more paid DLC in the future.

Problem is even Street Fighter X Tekken doesn't have everything available. So Capcom doesn't have a nice track record with this stuff.

Sectus

Sven said so on the Capcom forum.
QLOC is doing RE6, finishing up DmC and the SFxTekken patches/DLC.
QLOC getting that work. :p

Yeah, I just found the post now. I'm not sure if it this is good or bad news. I guess it's good in the way that QLOC might be more willing to do post-game release, but bad in the way that it's another sign that Capcom Japan isn't very willing to do anything PC related. It also means the RE6 port will most likely get no exclusive content.

QLOC did the PC versions of SFIV:Arcade Edition and SFxTekken which were great ports IMO. (Design problems in SFxTekken aside, haha.)

The SF titles are far more "simple" than RE6. Also, for the record RE:ORC is not a good/properly enhanced port.

About the DX10/11 stuff I beg to differ. LP1&2 had pretty noteworthy improvements and I was eagerly looking forward to see a MTF based 2013 DX11 title.

It would be cool if Capcom went back to remove GFWL from Resident Evil 5 and include Steamworks like some other developer did to their game. Or maybe even release the Gold edition that never made it and put it with Steamworks. I would buy it for sure.

King_Moc

Banned
It would be cool if Capcom went back to remove GFWL from Resident Evil 5 and include Steamworks like some other developer did to their game. Or maybe even release the Gold edition that never made it and put it with Steamworks. I would buy it for sure.

With 6 being announced today, i finally gave in and just bought Resi 5 Gold on PS3 :(

cvxfreak

EDIT: Also have to wonder what this entails:

Some sections of the game have had their difficulty adjusted to provide an improved experience

I'll take a guess.

1. The sequence in which Chris and Piers flee from Haos: more forgiving in terms of time
2. The sequence in which Ada flees from the flooding submarine: more forgiving in terms of time
3. Leon and Helena's boss battle: makes it easier to get the boss to absorb the lightning rod

lexi

Banned
I will buy this if only to support the death of GFWL. I don't even know how or why that shit is still around, I don't think it's supported at all. The latest version of GFWL does not even work on Windows 8. Fucking abysmal piece of software.

Krabboss

A little slow but nothing unexpected for Capcom.

Now I'd like them to port over Dragon's Dogma and MvC3 but both seem unlikely at this point.

antitrop

Even as superior as the PC version will be I doubt I'll even bother double-dipping, I don't want to have the experience again.

Holy shit, this is like a dream come true. This is exactly what I've always wanted. Does it have most of the Xbox Live features like friends list, joining friends game, messages, invites, and so on? i've got to get win8
I posted this in the Windows 8 thread. It covers your question, I believe.
I like what Microsoft has done in regards to gaming on Windows 8, well, 90% of it. Most of the complaints about GFWL have been rectified. You're able to sign in on Windows 8 and your Xbox at the same time, you are not forced to download a patch (if one is available) in order to remain signed into LIVE, there are no instances of required system restarts (from what I have seen anyway), downloads are fairly quick.

With that said, I believe it could use some sort of overlay or something in which you could interact with your LIVE friends. Why don't I appear online? Why can't I chat with them? Why can't I see what they're doing at a glance? Granted, I could start up the "Games" app and scroll through, but that isn't a perfect solution. I know GFWL gets a lot of shit, however, I am of the opinion that some features should have been salvaged for Windows 8. Also, please, lets have something other than casual games.

One thing that bothers me about Xbox, GFWL and Xbox Live (W8) is the lack of a detailed view of how a download is progressing. Why must I watch a bar go across the screen without knowing what the actual speed is? If it's possible to see in Windows 8, I'd love to know how.

*One more thing. Basically all of the games being made with touch controls in mind is quite annoying. I bought Toy Soldiers and had a horrid time playing it. You're forced to scroll around the map by clicking and hold LMB, instead of simply moving the mouse to the edge of the screen or using WASD. Sure, in this instance it had "Touch Edition" in the title, but would it really have been so had to optimize it even just a little for mouse + keyboard?

You would have to pay me to take it.

I rented it a few weeks ago and couldn't even get through Leon's campaign. Worst game of 2012.

I'm content just ogling the PC screenshots thread, like a model with a venereal disease.

antitrop

You would have to pay me to take it.

I rented it a few weeks ago and couldn't even get through Leon's campaign. Worst game of 2012.

I'm content just ogling the PC screenshots thread, like a model with a venereal disease.
Leon's campaign is the best part of the game. HAHAHAHAHA.
It goes substantially downhill from there.

Still better than Medal of Honor: Warfighter, though. THAT'S the worst game of 2012.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
This is far from the worst one in the game.

Should have posted the awful rope climbing one from Leon's campaign.

I'd cast that from memory... a mate and I co-op'd the game on the PS3 and it took us a good 20-odd minutes to reach the top.

Riposte

I think Leon's campaign is the weakest. Although the beginning of Jake 2 is annoying (rivaled only by the beginning of Leon 1), I'll rank Jake and Chris above it overall. Not sure how I feel about Ada's.

wazoo

A little slow but nothing unexpected for Capcom.

Now I'd like them to port over Dragon's Dogma and MvC3 but both seem unlikely at this point.

Qloc is working on something else beside DMC, and this is not RE6 (they did not port RE5).

The lack of Dragon Dogma and UMvC3 are puzzling, it would cost nothing to them to port, at least the marvel game

Wow, I thought these comments about the QTEs would just be hyperbole, but that is really bad.

Yep...when it hits $5 during a steam sale

That is basically my plan.

Riposte said:
I think Leon's campaign is the weakest. Although the beginning of Jake 2 is annoying (rivaled only by the beginning of Leon 1), I'll rank Jake and Chris above it overall. Not sure how I feel about Ada's.

Bummer, Leon's was really the only one that actually looked interesting to me :(

antitrop

I'll be getting this along with resi 5 gold finally.

I'll assume that the KBAM controls will be shit?
Different company handling the port this time, but RE5 has terrible M/Kb controls on PC.

Bummer, Leon's was really the only one that actually looked interesting to me :(

I'll offer the dissenting opinion that Leon's campaign is the best part of the game because I like shooting zombies again. I played it first, so all the things that suck about the game hadn't bothered me yet.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Wow, I thought these comments about the QTEs would just be hyperbole, but that is really bad.

IIRC, even if you know where they are, it's not possible to locate the keys immediately; you have to work your way through the "investigation" as intended.

Eusis

Makes you wonder what their motivation was in the first place.
I think they just wanted what was simplest (they made an Xbox version, use the GFWL stuff that shares code!). In fact, I suspect they'd STILL do that but Stumpokapow probably hit the mark in that it "doesn't exist anymore": I suspect Microsoft has decided to flat out REFUSE any more games becoming GFWL and has instead told developers/publishers to either make them Windows 8 games or do something else instead. Thus, Steamworks taking in the stragglers.

antitrop

I think they just wanted what was simplest (they made an Xbox version, use the GFWL stuff that shares code!). In fact, I suspect they'd STILL do that but Stumpokapow probably hit the mark in that it "doesn't exist anymore": I suspect Microsoft has decided to flat out REFUSE any more games becoming GFWL and has instead told developers/publishers to either make them Windows 8 games or do something else instead. Thus, Steamworks taking in the stragglers.
That sounds totally plausible.

So Dark Souls: Prepare to Die is the last GFWL release? I dunno, I haven't played one since then.

Eusis

As Glass Rebel mentioned earlier, the belated PC port of Ace Combat: Assault Horizon will use it.
Given how damn late that is I do wonder if that may be a pre-existing arrangement. I think if we see something newer with GFWL we'll know for sure.

Top Bottom