• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winning Eleven DS new release date + Bundle

king zell

win_ds.jpg

game01.jpg
game02.jpg

game03.jpg
game04.jpg

jacket.jpg

win_bag.gif

mj1108

Any idea if they're releasing that pouch/case at the same time?? Or do they get it when they purchase the system...or...?

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
I don't understand why they put an SD character on the cover. The players in the game look normal.

mutsu

cybamerc said:
I don't understand why they put an SD character on the cover. The players in the game look normal.

Because Nintendo is teh kiddie

Just joking

I quite like the boxart to tell you the truth

enishi

Bought the game yesterday. Not too bad but don't expect it to meet PS2's quality.

1. Control can resemble much from PS2 version (or more like PSP version in some sense). But somehow the players are a bit less responsive and you need to adjust your play style. Players are not free to move in throw-in and corner. Keepers cannot move when they catch the ball.

2. Graphics looks a bit better than those screenshots. Still worse than FIFA07 on DS. And there are lags :( when 6-7 players are in the screen (like WE9...). While Konami uses such a crappy 3D engine to "trade off" game pace, it is unacceptable...

3. You cannot change playing view angle. It is default to be sideline wide I think.

4. Squad is updated to 06-07 seasons. Real name players and logo for Manchester United. But some of the squad seem not correct (e.g. Fortune and Rossi is still in Manchester...) Only a few big-name European clubs are in the game (Arsenal, MU, Barcelona, Celtic, R.Madrid, Valencia, and a few else). Don't know if there are any clubs to unlock.

5. AI is ok but looks a bit stupid than WE10. Difficulty is higher than FIFA which is good.

Haven't tried WFC and World Tour mode yet. Maybe I will try them tonight and give some impression.

Lo-Volt

If you don't like the DS L, so be it, but I think this new design makes sense considering what the game's subject matter is. So do Gaffers expect big waves for this bundle (I personally think it will do well, popular console + popular franchise = win unless the game is genuinely bad).

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
there are signs up at Sakuraya basically saying that point cards holders have first dibs (from something like 7:30-8:30) then it'll be opened up to people with preorders until 9:30 , then to people queuing from then....

I went to Yodobashi at the weekend... there was an absolutely STUPIDLY long queue that snaked around the 4 long lanes set up in store, out the games segment and was blocking the escalators. I though "sh1t ... PS3 preorders?!"

nope - new stock of DS lites.

I'm pretty much convinced the holiday blockbuster this year in Japan will be the DS. I expect a couple of million sales to be tacked on for Nintendo over the late half of November and December.

amm

enishi said:
Bought the game yesterday. Not too bad but don't expect it to meet PS2's quality.

1. Control can resemble much from PS2 version (or more like PSP version in some sense). But somehow the players are a bit less responsive and you need to adjust your play style. Players are not free to move in throw-in and corner. Keepers cannot move when they catch the ball.

2. Graphics looks a bit better than those screenshots. Still worse than FIFA07 on DS. And there are lags :( when 6-7 players are in the screen (like WE9...). While Konami uses such a crappy 3D engine to "trade off" game pace, it is unacceptable...

3. You cannot change playing view angle. It is default to be sideline wide I think.

4. Squad is updated to 06-07 seasons. Real name players and logo for Manchester United. But some of the squad seem not correct (e.g. Fortune and Rossi is still in Manchester...) Only a few big-name European clubs are in the game (Arsenal, MU, Barcelona, Celtic, R.Madrid, Valentcia, and a few else). Don't know if there are any clubs to unlock.

5. AI is ok but looks a bit stupid than WE10. Difficulty is higher than FIFA which is good.

Haven't tried WFC and World Tour mode yet. Maybe I will try them tonight and give some
impression.

thanks for the impressions, keep them coming. i'm really looking forward to this game.

Top Bottom