• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Winning Eleven DS new release date + Bundle

king zell

its now coming on the 2nd of November in Japan

http://www.konami.jp/we/weds/

DSL Winning Eleven

info_b_ds2.jpg

tsef

Kroole said:
Seems like Nintendo does anything they can to appeal to certain 3rd party devs.

So what ? Isnt'it the same as this :

ff12packbox_thumb.jpg

Edit : And that DS is gorgeous I might buy a DSL after all

Snowball

Banned
The new WEDS sucks imho.
But it is nice to wait for a ONLINE WE.

Btw it is confirmed that the new PSP PES6 will go online.

Kroole

tsef said:
So what ? Isnt'it the same as this :

ff12packbox_thumb.jpg

Edit : And that DS is gorgeous I might buy a DSL after all

Ummm.. I don't mean that as a negative you know. I'm just surprised as most of the GBA specials were related to Nintendo games and now Nintendo has put out/going to put out two different DSLs for 3rd party devs in a short period of time.

jesusraz

Kroole said:
Ummm.. I don't mean that as a negative you know. I'm just surprised as most of the GBA specials were related to Nintendo games and now Nintendo has put out/going to put out two different DSLs for 3rd party devs in a short period of time.

Good business sense...

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
a design for the real football enthusiasts, it looks ok to me. Think this game will do well on the DS? Lets hope it plays nicely.

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
I like the design. But I must say, that raised logo in the center really makes designing a good LE a pain, having to plan around it and not being able to use the simpler, usually more effective centered image. A simple centered soccer ball using white ink would have been the obvious and preferable image for this, but that space is unusable.
Kroole said:
There were GBA LE system bundles for:
Megaman Battle Network (twice)
Chobits
KoF EX Neo Blood
Boktai
FFTA
Sword of Mana
Kingdom Hearts: CoM
Naruto RPG

Just off the top of my head. It's hardly unprecedented. Plus most of the 1st party LEs were Pokemon-related (and many weren't even bundled with a game).

Kroole

Shig said:
There were GBA LE system bundles for:
Megaman Battle Network (twice)
Chobits
KoF EX Neo Blood
Boktai
FFTA
Sword of Mana
Kingdom Hearts: CoM
Naruto RPG

Just off the top of my head. It's hardly unprecedented. Plus most of the 1st party LEs were Pokemon-related (and many weren't even bundled with a game).

Ah. Didn't know there were that many. I've only seen the FFTA, Boktai and the Hello Kitty editions.

Meier

A_Lee_N said:
Yeah, this is the ugliest special design i've seen. It's pretty random.

How is it random? The DS version of WE allows you to draw up plays and makes changes via the touchpad... this illustrates that (it's a soccer/football pitch if you are having difficulty for some reason). I think it looks quite good personally.

Lee N

Membre
Meier said:
How is it random? The DS version of WE allows you to draw up plays and makes changes via the touchpad... this illustrates that (it's a soccer/football pitch if you are having difficulty for some reason). I think it looks quite good personally.
Oh I know what it is.. I just think it looks like shite. And while I'm sure there's some strategy behind it all, it still looks random.

cybamerc

Will start substantiating his hate
The art illustrates a tactic board. Pretty clever idea actually. I prefer a normal DS lite but this is probably the best looking special edition I've seen.

jacktion

Banned
That looks great. The best DS yet. The contrast of how sketchy and hasty the drawn football diagrams are over the clean sheen of the DS is very effective.
This might make me get a DS lite. And it would probably help hide fingerprints.

Roders5

Iwata een bom zal droppen
I would liked to have seen this in green with the pitch outline and tactics in white, that would have suited perfectly.

Brofist

Looks decent. Hell I'd be more interested if it didn't come with the game :lol I like WE but have no interest in the DS version.

Top Bottom