• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

|OT| |OT| Volunteer, coordinate, (index), create

Status
Not open for further replies.

DocSeuss

System Shock 2 by DocSeuss (February 2013)

I asked a mod, since it's an old, but significant game getting its first release since 1999. He said it was cool. I can't really graphics for shit, though, and I've never done an OT. Would anyone like to collab?

DocSeuss

If that's directed at me, I'd hope Saturday at the absolute latest. School was under lockdown today because of a nearby bank robbery or something. I'm writing up text stuff for it right now, but because of the school's lockdown, our internet is intermittent, so I'm having a hard time trying to get links to the recommended mods/keybindings and making sure they work. Since I've never done this before, I have no idea how long this stuff takes.

Awesomely, GoG's release comes with a bunch of art assets. Dunno if it's possible to use them, but if so, it's a potential goldmine.

OmegaZero

I wanted to do something similar to a Master Ninja's Ninja Gaiden 2 OT but it's not turning out as well as I expected, so I'm scrapping it for something more straightforward.

Consequently, my plans of posting the Ninja Gaiden Sigma 2+ OT on the 19th may need to be adjusted, but hopefully not by much.

Tizoc

Just posting to ask if anyone good with photoshop can help me with making images and banners for the Darkstalkers OT I'm making, I'd really appreciate the help XO.

Tizoc

What is the image limit for a post, as in how many images can 1 post have? I'm thinking of having 30-ish images in the OT I'm making for Darkstalkers.
Some images will be for Character section which will be a character's artwork+short bio. Doing it that way, how much should the image size be? 500x500, etc.?

injurai

Banned
Turkish Emperor is banned and Is making the GoWA OT. Just putting that out there so at least someone ends up making it. Maybe a mod could let us know if its being lifted on him before then.

Narolf

Banned
Well, mine (see my homepage) has got said "problem" since Dissidia is old enough as it is, but I don't really mind that since the thread garners quite a bit of activity every time I get to bump it with updates for the sole fact it's still in Gaming. I would much rather have it stay in Gaming forever with the occasional bump and streak of activity than it being moved to Community wherein it won't get newfound interest.

No problem.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Not to be rude, but can we have the threads up by 7 days before release?

If you can't get it done, don't volunteer

I mean GOWA is 4 days away from release

Would be nice to start requesting friend invites for the newly announced Co-Op Horde mode

Nemesis_

......I don't know HOW ELSE I can make the "General" post more obvious in appearance.

I still can't merge it, because of post limits :(

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
Fudge. Glad I didn't work much on it yet. I guess in the future if I want to make an OT for a game I'm interested in I better sign up the day it's announced. :\ There really should be a limit before people can claim OTs.
......I don't know HOW ELSE I can make the "General" post more obvious in appearance.

I still can't merge it, because of post limits :(
I didn't even notice it because of how terrible that part is to read.

Nemesis_

Fudge. Glad I didn't work much on it yet. I guess in the future if I want to make an OT for a game I'm interested in I better sign up the day it's announced. :\ There really should be a limit before people can claim OTs.

This isn't a claim thread per se, you are welcome to contact him to offer to collaborate.

Many games are claimed here up to four days before release too. It's not necessarily everything being claimed as soon as it's been announced.

You'll still have the same problem and disputes if you were to set a certain date anyway - everyone would wait until the date, then quickly post here to beat everyone else. Not to mention how messy it would be with all the different time zones. Setting an arbitrary limit seems silly.

I didn't even notice it because of how terrible that part is to read.

It's still there, and it stands out which was my point because when it wasn't highlight that way everyone STILL ignored it. So you willingly choosing to ignore it is your own fault, really.

Once March is over (or at least, the last March OT is posted) I will actually be able to merge them to avert more "confusion" like this.

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
This isn't a claim thread per se, you are welcome to contact him to offer to collaborate.

Many games are claimed here up to four days before release too. It's not necessarily everything being claimed as soon as it's been announced.
You're sending me mixed information.
Nemesis_ said:
You'll still have the same problem and disputes if you were to set a certain date anyway - everyone would wait until the date, then quickly post here to beat everyone else. Not to mention how messy it would be with all the different time zones. Setting an arbitrary limit seems silly.
Setting "claims" on games that haven't even been shown yet is even sillier. Metroid Wii U hasn't even been announced! I think there is a better middle ground to be found than the system you have currently.
Nemesis_ said:
It's still there, and it stands out which was my point because when it wasn't highlight that way everyone STILL ignored it. So you willingly choosing to ignore it is your own fault, really.
It stood out in a way that made me not want to read it. I just recommend not using an obnoxious color pallet. Bold and underline are enough.

DaBoss

Would someone like to take the OT off my hands for this game. I apparently signed up to do it way back in 2011 so I completely forgot I was on for this.

If somebody is already doing it then great, otherwise make your presence known if you want to do the OT.

Since The M.O.B. doesn't want to do the OT, I proposed I can do it.

Luigi's Mansion 2/Dark Moon by DaBoss (March 13th 2013)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom