• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super "NeoGAF Arcade Stick Thread" II TURBO

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Holy shit, £60-£80 = I have to go for this, yes?

Is there any difference between the Pro and Vs. sticks other than the Vs. ability to connect sticks?

Yes, those are our best deals yet.

PRO and V.S.

PRO is lighter and has an angled wrist area. V.S. obviously heavier with a bigger footprint (and the aforementioned ability to connect two together). V.S. has a bit more built in artwork customization options if you want to take it that route.

They both use Sanwa parts, so you should be good to go.

whoa, hot.

Yes, I've used/have both. What do you want to know about the new Crowns vs the old Fantas?

I've been looking to get a proper Korean stick for Tekken for a while, but have been worried about mounting it properly to an HRAP. I was wondering if the absence of the rubber on the Crown takes away from the natural Fanta feel or if it mimics it well enough.

I believe the Crown doesn't need the larger hole for the joystick also, which makes me think it isn't a good substitute.

The easier mounting, however, makes it appealing.

SUPARSTARX

Pulled the trigger on SF x Sanrio. Only cuz I missed a sweet ass deal for the red FS Pro on ebay. :eek:

Damn whoever outbid me when I was busy on the damn train with 3g!! It went off for $92 for the PS3 version.

NEO0MJ

Anyone know a good place where I can request an arcade stick art? I have a real nice piece of art that I want to put on my stick but I have no idea on how to make it look good.

big giant

Banned
Yes, those are our best deals yet.

PRO and V.S.

PRO is lighter and has an angled wrist area. V.S. obviously heavier with a bigger footprint (and the aforementioned ability to connect two together). V.S. has a bit more built in artwork customization options if you want to take it that route.

They both use Sanwa parts, so you should be good to go.
Thanks for the info, I went for the V.S. My first fightstick since the Dreamcast! I'm excited.

milkham

Has anyone hacked a Dual Shock 3? I think I can find a generic one on eBay to open up.

I've always heard the Sony ones are difficult to solder, but I'm not sure how much has changed since I looked a few years ago.

maybe this is too late but if you can find a sixaxis instead of a dual shock 3 you might have an easier time, there were at least two guys on srk that sold adapters so you wouldn't have to solder on the controller pcb. i picked one up years ago, and got another when making a wireless stick for a friend.

3461281149_b3174b559d_z.jpg

NEO0MJ

So, I'm almost finished with my stick art. Just want to know your opinion, should I keep the phrase at bottom right? Any other suggestions are welcome.

8528515638_44876f9339_z.jpg

BOTEC

I am currently working on DIY cases and full fightsticks. Hopefully I will have so really cool fully made boxes soon.

Oh? Are those products you want to sell? What are they made of? I'm hoping for metal judging by your username. I hate wood and plexi, and would be VERY interested in a metal/abs DIY box.

I don't know about the VF5 one but I sold the Soulcalibur IV branded EX2 for $60 on Amazon Marketplace not too long ago. Didn't come with stickers or anything, though I still had the box.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm going to be posting it here and a few other places soon, and I want the price to be appropriate (if there is an element of rarity) but reasonable enough that someone will actually buy it.

Beckx

No cool new hardware, but finally got a Mayflash Classic Controller adapter, and now my Dolphin setup for TvC is complete.

xom.jpg

Flock

66ySabT.jpg

Finally got around to modding my Hori VX SA (UMvsC3 Edition)
Swapped out the Sanwa JLF for a Seimitsu LS 32 01 and replaced the Xbox coloured OBSF 30s with black ones.
Then wrapped an Art Plexi in carbon fibre vinyl.

Really happy with how it came out - looks so clean now!

Some nice looking recent sticks showing up. Flocks stick is super clean, I love it. It's just a shame (kinda the same deal with Kadey's stick) that the control panel (with the guide button and headphone jack) breaks up the clean front face of the stick.

Also Kadey and devestatorprime both did a really good job of sticks with artwork on them. Usually I'm not a big fan of art sticks, but when you match up all the excess parts to the theme (buttons, button rings, balltops, side plates) along with less busy art with a clear focus and color scheme it can look really nice.

Hente

Would you guys suggest dropping my JLF for an LS-32 if I play mostly fighting games? The shorter throw/engage distance sounds really nice but I've read that this can be annoying.
Also might as well post my stick:
huehuehue" said:

Would you guys suggest dropping my JLF for an LS-32 if I play mostly fighting games? The shorter throw/engage distance sounds really nice but I've read that this can be annoying.
Also might as well post my stick:

Honestly, if you want a shorter throw, an LS40 is even better, IMO.

Shadow780

How do you guys feel about etokki korean sticks? I bought a rev. 4 and so far still getting used to korean buttons. They're more hallow and feel like time to trigger impact is longer than Sanwa buttons.

The distant to contact on Korean joystick is shorter than Japanese sticks, as a result my inputs are usually done before any button inputs. I'll spend more time with those buttons before deciding if I should switch them out with Sanwa buttons.

It's been a while since I've done this, so remind me: LS-32-01 in an HRAP2 - which way should the 5-pin connector be pointing to ensure correct directions?

Caj814

Not necessarily a stick issue or anything but I need a new heavy duty messenger bag that will fit a madcatz TE stick and also double as general use for traveling and my job as well.

Beckx

Not necessarily a stick issue or anything but I need a new heavy duty messenger bag that will fit a madcatz TE stick and also double as general use for traveling and my job as well.

If you really want something that has general use, check timbuk2. Their big messenger bags should fit a stick easy.

Shadow780

Well shit, wanted to change buttons on my Omni Korean Stick. I can't unscrew these two screws, the surface is not stripped but it won't come out no matter how loose it became. What should I do?

LsoX2w0l.jpg

Yes Boss!

Is this the end of our hero? The Hori Store page for the godlike AX S+G seems to have disappeared.

http://www.horistore.com/products/detail.php?product_id=1254

I was trying to see how far that progress meter got, because the last time I checked it was pretty low. This is truly dread, mon.

I checked it on the last day and it was still not to even 25%.

Not sure if that was an actual preorder page or a preorder-with-intent-to-manufacture. Last I saw was that preorders were closed.

And, I did not really see any interest even on shmups.

Sucks either way as I really wanted a branded shooting stick. The SEs still routinely get released but not quite the same.

I checked it on the last day and it was still not to even 25%.

Not sure if that was an actual preorder page or a preorder-with-intent-to-manufacture. Last I saw was that preorders were closed.

And, I did not really see any interest even on shmups.

Sucks either way as I really wanted a branded shooting stick. The SEs still routinely get released but not quite the same.

That's a shame. The Project DIVA F controller got a rather huge last-minute rally too (to the point that I was wondering if it was fixed) =/

Yes Boss!

That's a shame. The Project DIVA F controller got a rather huge last-minute rally too (to the point that I was wondering if it was fixed) =/

Diva F getting a pretty wide release...too.

I'm hoping Hori just winds up producing the STG stick for SDOJ. Q1 and Q2 2013 are really robust on the shooters. Plus, Hori need to make up for not releasing the RS SE.

Must be a pretty tough environment to sell new stick in...so many of them out there now.

Alfredo

Just recently got a PS3, so I needed a PS3 stick. Used some Amazon credit I had to get a Brawl stick and I swapped the buttons out for the old Sanwas from my SoulCalibur V stick. Then came up with some custom Skullgirls art for the stick. My first time applying custom art myself without a plexi, and I think I did okay!

Still need to replace the joystick. I ordered an LS-32 to see how I like it, and if I do, that one's going in my main 360 stick and I'll put the JLF on the PS3 stick.

vS1L03r.jpg

DEATH™

I seriously considering putting up a Myounshin fanta on my Madcatz SCV stick. What modifications should I do to the mount? I don't really want to fully replace the metal panel since I like the namco layout. Or is it not possible?

Stick GAF, help an idiot please?

I've got myself some ArcEye 3s, installed and ready to go. I've got a kitty in my TE-S.

What I need is an RGB controller for the ArcEyes.

I've been waiting to see if the Remora would come back in stock for quite a while, but it seems like it won't be? It's been weeks and no real movement on that front (or I totally missed it, either or.)

In any case, what's the best controller to use in this setup? A Sparky? I've been looking into trying to find comparable light controllers for this combination of mods but I've found no solid info, so I figure I'll ask.

Top Bottom