• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Downloads - March 2013

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
So, I think of buying Kersploosh/Splash or Crash. Is it any good or a game of only 2-3 hours?

Depends on how much you like beating your own times. There are ten wells and ten objects (8 unlockable), and you could technically "finish" in like 10-15 min.

serplux

Alright, after scrounging around the internet for a while, I have put together this list of future Nintendo eShop games for the 3DS:

Aban Hawkins and the 1001 Spikes (Nicalis)
AiRace Speed (Qubic Games)
Ash (Circle Entertainment)
Aqua Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB)
Bugs vs. Tanks (Level-5)
CastleStorm (Zen Studios)
Cinema Dream (Circle Entertainment)
Castle Conqueror - Heroes 3 (Circle Entertainment)
Dillon's Rolling Western: The Last Ranger (Nintendo)
Escape! Zombie City (Tom Create)
Fish On 3D (Agetec)
Gero Blaster (Nicalis)
Glory Days III (odenis studio)
Go! Go! Kokopolo 3D: Space Recipe for Disaster (Tanukii Studios)
Guxt (Nicalis)
HarmoKnight (Nintendo)
Jett Rocket II: The Wrath of Taikai (Shin'en Multimedia)
Lair Land Story (Circle Entertainment)
Lair Land Story 2 (Circle Entertainment)
Lola's Math Train (BeiZ Games)
Mario and Donkey Kong: Minis on the Move (Nintendo)
Mighty Switch Force 2 (WayForward Technologies)
Mutant Mudds 2 (Renegade Kid)
Noctemis (Lacuna Entertainment)
Pinball Hall of Fame (FarSight Studios)
Puzzle Craft (Circle Entertainment)
Rhythm Scape (Circle Entertainment)
Soccer Up 3D (Enjoy Up Games)
Shantae and the Pirate's Curse (WayForward Technologies)
Snow Moto Racing 3D (Zordix AB)
Sweet Memoreis - Poker Night (Circle Entertainment)
Swords and Soldiers 3D (Circle Entertainment)
The Denpa Men 2: They Came by Wave (Genius Sonority)
The Starship Damrey (Level-5)
Toy Defense (Circle Entertainment)
Treasurenauts (Renegade Kid)
Untitled Game (Hörberg Productions)
Untitled Homebrew Application (Goodbye Galaxy Games)
Untitled FPS (Renegade Kid)
Urban Trial Freestyle (Tate Interactive)
Vampire Crystals (Shanblue Interactive)
Wakedas (Circle Entertainment)
World Conquest 3D (Circle Entertainment)
Yatagarasu (Nicalis)

If you're counting, that's 44 games total. This list is not definitive, by any means. Also tons of good games on that list. Does not include any Japanese eShop games, because those are pretty much uncountable.

Well I'll be, SIMS' Fish On 3D is being localized by Agetec on the eShop, it was retail in Japan.

Thanks for that serplux! :D

http://agetec.com/catalog/product_info.php?manufacturers_id=10&products_id=163

The Vita version was brought over by a pretty unknown company, I think it was on PSN in NA, but people have been saying it's pretty bad, can't imagine this being much better as it's the earlier release. Still mighty happy it's finally coming over, Majesco was originally bringing it over (presumably retail).

Keslord

Banned
$20 to spend on 3DS eShop. What should I grab? Not opposed to buying ROMs, since I think I'm gonna get the best Mega Man game when it drops tomorrow.

ngower

Sakura Samurai is $5 until about mid-day tomorrow, at which point Ketzal's Corridors drops to $5 for a week. On March 21, Mutant Mudds will be $5.99. So I'd say keep these in mind if you plan to pick any of them up. I just picked up Sakura Samurai and will be grabbing Mutant Mudds down the road.

You may like Push/Crashmo. I have the latter and I think it makes for a great public transit game.

Gunman Clive is fun too, especially for $5.

Asimov

Banned
Sakura Samurai is $5 until about mid-day tomorrow, at which point Ketzal's Corridors drops to $5 for a week. On March 21, Mutant Mudds will be $5.99. So I'd say keep these in mind if you plan to pick any of them up. I just picked up Sakura Samurai and will be grabbing Mutant Mudds down the road.

You may like Push/Crashmo. I have the latter and I think it makes for a great public transit game.

Gunman Clive is fun too, especially for $5.

Actually... it's $2!

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
oh gawd, I just remembered the HarmoKnight demo is tomorrow. @_@

hyyyyyyyypeeeeeeeee

Omfg

But... I can't tear myself away from ATV. >_<

omg Andrex, you're pushing this game like crazy. The game should probably be your new user name/tag or something...

I'm just recommending a good game, that's all.
FuqnPhm.gif

Drago

Sure hope we get Balloon Fight on 3DS tomorrow. We've been getting the remaining NES Ambassador games consecutively for the last few weeks, no?

Mutant Mudds, please!

You won't regret it. Dat soundtrack.

As a huge fan of classic platformers, I was really excited for Mutant Mudds, and annoyed that it wasn't on the Japanese store, so when I got an American system, I downloaded the demo right away.

I hated it. It just feels kind of mechanical and soulless. I There isn't an ounce of charm to it, and the platforming wasn't fun. It felt like playing mediocre bonus levels from a better game.

zroid

Banned
94c508bfb6d045408bedad2.png

IT'S HAPPENING

---

full PR

NINTENDO DOWNLOAD HIGHLIGHTS NEW DIGITAL CONTENT FOR NINTENDO SYSTEMS - MAR. 14, 2013

This week's Nintendo Download includes the following featured content:

Nintendo eShop on Wii U&#8482;

LEGO® City Undercover - LEGO City® comes to life! The popular LEGO City vehicles and play sets come to life for the first time in the vast, open world of the LEGO City Undercover game. As police officer Chase McCain you are armed with clever disguises, special abilities, and the ultimate crime-fighting tool&#8212;the Wii U GamePad controller. With its indispensable map, communicator, and high-tech scanning device, the GamePad is just what you need to crack the case. Run, drive and even fly through the city to put a stop to the fiendish Rex Fury and end his crime wave once and for all. LEGO City Undercover will be available March 18 at retail stores and in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U. (You must have an external hard drive to download this software. Sold separately. Visit support.nintendo.com for information about storage options.)

Monster Hunter&#8482; 3 Ultimate &#8211; Discover the epic world of Monster Hunter as you journey through more than 200 exhilarating quests, battle larger-than-life monsters and create hundreds of weapons and armor. Hunt with your two AI companions in single-player quests or team up with up to three friends in four-player online battles. Visually stunning HD graphics deliver a unique world for players to explore. With the addition of online chat, this is the best Monster Hunter experience to date. Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate will be available on March 19 at retail stores and in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U. (Broadband Internet access required for online play. For more info, go to support.nintendo.com.)

Need for Speed&#8482; Most Wanted U &#8211; Need for Speed&#8482; Most Wanted U is the definitive Most Wanted experience. The game uses the unique features of the Wii U GamePad controller to introduce "Co-Driver," which lets your friend play with the Wii Remote&#8482; controller, while you can activate Boost U, adjust cop difficulty and change mods using the GamePad. 2012's driving game of the year comes with full online play, the connected, open-world city of Fairhaven and the hot cars and intense cop chases that made Most Wanted. Need for Speed Most Wanted U will be available on March 19 at retail stores and in the Nintendo eShop on Wii U. (Broadband Internet access required for online play. For more info, go to support.nintendo.com.)

Punch-Out!!&#8482; Featuring Mr. Dream &#8211; As young boxer Little Mac, players have a once-in-a-lifetime chance to battle the big guys of the World Video Boxing Association circuit. Players use their best jabs, hooks and power uppercuts to knock out opponents, but must also dodge jaw-breaking blows by paying attention to subtle changes in their foe's body position. With great graphics, addictive action and a touch of humor, this classic game will keep players entertained for hours. Punch-Out!! Featuring Mr. Dream is the third game released for Virtual Console&#8482; for Wii U to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the Famicom. For a limited time starting March 20, the game will be available for only 30 cents.

Chasing Aurora &#8211; Demo Version &#8211; Chasing Aurora is a physics-based 2D aerial action game. Enjoy playing with, and against, your friends in three different flight-based multiplayer modes. A single-player challenge mode requires players to break records time and again, unlocking level after level. Choose one of five different characters to ride the wind from peak to peak.

Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS&#8482;

HarmoKnight&#8482; - Demo Version &#8211; HarmoKnight is a rhythm-based action game from GAME FREAK inc., the creators of the Pokémon video game series, that has striking visuals and easy to pick up, yet challenging, game play. In the game, players must pound drums, jump over obstacles and battle enemies, all to the beat of an original musical score. With more than 50 stages, multiple playable characters and unlockable challenges, HarmoKnight brings a tremendous level of depth and creativity to the Nintendo eShop.

Nintendo eShop sale &#8211; Ketzal's Corridors&#8482;
Ketzal's Corridors &#8211; Revive Ketzal and restore order to the spirit world in this fast-paced 3D puzzle game. For a limited time, download Ketzal's Corridors in the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS at a discounted price of $4.99.

Coming soon to Nintendo eShop - Flipnote Studio&#8482; 3D
Flipnote Studio 3D - Unleash your creativity with Flipnote Studio 3D, which arrives Summer 2013 as a free download from the Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS. Watch the latest Nintendo Direct Mini to learn more about this new application.

Also new this week:
&#8226; Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS &#8211; Available March 19)
&#8226; The Croods: Prehistoric Party! (Nintendo eShop on Wii U &#8211; Available March 19)
&#8226; The Croods: Prehistoric Party! (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS &#8211; Available March 19)
&#8226; RAYMAN® ORIGINS (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
&#8226; Mega Man&#8482; 3 (Virtual Console - Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
&#8226; Reel Fishing® Paradise 3D (Nintendo eShop on Nintendo 3DS)
&#8226; Forgotten Legions (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi&#8482; Shop on
Nintendo DSi)
&#8226; Goony (Nintendo eShop for Nintendo 3DS / Nintendo DSi Shop on Nintendo DSi)

To view this week's Nintendo Download in its full graphical version, please visit:
http://news2know.net/nintendo/C0brF3cN/downloadmMBy4d0q.php.

I love how half of those things don't come out until next week, but they have to put it in there because they're out before next Thursday

but yesyes HarmoKnight demo

@MUWANdo

Banned
Wii U retail download prices: Lego City is $50, MJ3U/NFS are $60, Croods is $40.

3DS retail download prices: MH3U is $40, Croods is $30, no idea on the other two.

$50 Lego city, here I come. Wish NFS was $50, too.

Great week, IMO. How is mega man 3? I only ever played the first mega man as a kid, then didn't play another until X. Recently downloaded mm2 and had a blast.

TakeMyGun

Neo Member
Image & Form announced "SteamWorld Dig" for 3DS eShop

shot_tumbleton_small4du5o.jpg

shot_oldworld_smallfwung.jpg

Don&#8217;t worry, they&#8217;re the good guys&#8230;
In upcoming Nintendo 3DS mining game SteamWorld Dig, steam-powered robots are the ones to root for.

It&#8217;s the turn of the 19th century, and humankind has prematurely blown itself to bits.
The remaining scraps are huddling in caves beneath the surface, and steam-powered robots have taken over the Wild West. A horror scenario? No, rather the setting for SteamWorld Dig, the new 3DS eShop game from Swedish developer Image & Form. And don&#8217;t worry: the robots are the good guys. And you&#8217;re one of them.

You play the protagonist, Rusty &#8211; a lone-wolf, steam-powered cowbot who has come to an old mining town in great need. While digging your way through the old earth for riches and helping the townfolks get back on their feet, you unwittingly wake an ancient evil that lurks below&#8230;

SteamWorld Dig is a hardcore platform mining adventure that will be released on the Nintendo 3DS eShop&#8482; in mid 2013. You dig tunnels, collect rare minerals, sell them for better equipment while taking on the terrors of the underground.

For more, visit the SteamWorld Dig website:

http://www.steamworldgames.com/dig

Skiesofwonder

Walruses, camels, bears, rabbits, tigers and badgers.
Downloading:
Lego City Undercover (reviews pushed me over the fence)
Chasing Aurora demo
Harmonyknights demo

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
vYU92.png

Wii U | eShop Discounts

• Chasing Aurora (Broken Rules | €11.99 | £10.79 €5.99 | £5.39) (Until 03/21)

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo DSi | DSiWare

• Goony (CIRCLE Entertainment | 200 Points | €1.99 | £1.79) Latest release!

uxwGK.png

Wii U | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

• Dragon Quest X (Square Enix | ¥6,980) Upcoming (03/30)
  • Game & Wario (Nintendo | ¥4,935) Upcoming (03/28)
  • Need for Speed: Most Wanted (Electronic Arts | ¥6,615) Upcoming (03/20)

Nintendo 3DS | eShop Original Software, Downloadable Content and Demos

Nintendo 3DS | Virtual Console

Top Bottom