• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Manga News/Discussion |OTL| Not a lick of constructive conversation here

Status
Not open for further replies.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Shindere Shoujo 17

Really glad for a lot of things. I really like Akira as a protag. Nishigami is coo too.

survivor

Banned
Aishiteruze Baby vol 2

Such incompetence at this daycare. This is the second time Yuzuyu just runs out from the front door. Do these people even know how to do their job? The cuteness level is stabilizing so now I can judge the manga on its own merits. I think it has couple of good ideas, but they really like to dramatize some events just to evoke an emotion, but it ends up being very silly. At the very least, none of the developments were that stupid, but I don't expect them to keep that up for a long time.

Berserk 103

Hooooooooooooooooooly fuck.

You know, I kinda know the reputation of this manga, but I don't think I can ever be prepared for that. The death, the violence, the horrific hellscape, motherfucking griffith, and the sheer sense of despair.

Fucking griffith man. Sacrificing his platoon to gain godhood, and in the most horrific way possible. Also casca. Poor casca.

The art during the eclipse was so beautiful too. The imagery seems straight out of the divine comedy. The landscape was beautiful, the monster designs were amazing, as are the god hands.

Argh. I think I need to rest for awhile before I continue.

Or reread Yotsuba in the meantime.

Berserk 103

You know, I kinda know the reputation of this manga, but I don't think I can ever be prepared for that. The death, the violence, the horrific hellscape, motherfucking griffith, and the sheer sense of despair.

Fucking griffith man. Sacrificing his platoon to gain godhood, and in the most horrific way possible. Also casca. Poor casca.

The art during the eclipse was so beautiful too. The imagery seems straight out of the divine comedy. The landscape was beautiful, the monster designs were amazing, as are the god hands.

Don't rest, never do. Let it eat you up. :lol

I love your reactions.

It's crazy that they aren't there yet. When it was mentioned the first time, I thought that place might be interesting and then I remembered that the manga isn't there yet and I'll probably never going to see it, because Miura will die from playing too much Idol Master.

Mael

I still can't believe Berserk started in the early 90s, is not completed and has only 330 chapters.

Well at least it's really, really consistently good.
I mean just take Bastard!!, it started in 88!
It's now in limbo and currently one of the worst manga I've ever read.
There was potential for an Eclipse moment in that too but it just squandered that opportunity in the worst possible ways.
You finish a shitty volume with angels killing everyone on earth and all that, you start the next one (which got published like years later) and it's like a total reboot with new characters and all with only the MC still being there.
Oh and now angels are good guys.

edit: do people here even remember Bastard!! exists?

Wiseblade

Berserk 103

Man, I know that feel.

Retcon: You mean they still haven't reached Elf Island yet? then what, do they sit on their hands for the next 30 chapters?

As long as he can comfortably sit on his Berserk money, there's no need for him to rush this. I kinda hope he'll get busted for tax evasion or something like that, which forces him to continue this damn manga.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I still can't believe Berserk started in the early 90s, is not completed and has only 330 chapters.

Try a manga that started in the mid 70's, at around 300 chapters roughly, and still ongoing, WITH AN INCREDIBLY SLOW ACTIVE TRANSLATION.

Being a glass mask fan is suffering. :(

Wiseblade

As long as he can comfortably sit on his Berserk money, there's no need for him to rush this. I kinda hope he'll get busted for tax evasion or something like that, which forces him to continue this damn manga.

I'm in no rush. When Miura does put of chapters, they're still of a high quality. Unlike Togashi's chicken scratch garbage.

Mael

I'm in no rush. When Miura does put of chapters, they're still of a high quality. Unlike Togashi's chicken scratch garbage.

We're way beyond scribbles time now.
It's pretty much as good as it ever was, even during YuYu Hakusho.
And even then it's a mangaka that really should be read in volume if only because the cleanup work is really doing amazing stuffs to the art.
And the rest is top notch as always (then again even when it was weekly it was godly so maybe it's really Togashi being lazy here...)

Try a manga that started in the mid 70's, at around 300 chapters roughly, and still ongoing, WITH AN INCREDIBLY SLOW ACTIVE TRANSLATION.

Being a glass mask fan is suffering. :(

how is it?

Antiwhippy

how is it?

The best shoujo manga I've ever read.

Among the best manga I've read too.

It is so good. You can really feel the passion for acting of the main character, to the point where you might think that she is clinically insane, and the author really knows how to create scenarios which really showcases her talent in incredibly fun and original ways, unlike some other mangas that just goes "they're good, trust me on that". Romance plays a part but it is mainly focused on the ambitions and acting careers of the cast, which is what I love about it.

Also has one of the best rivalries in manga.

Mael

The best shoujo manga I've ever read.

Among the best manga I've read too.

It is so good. You can really feel the passion for acting of the main character, to the point where you might think that she is clinically insane, and the author really knows how to create scenarios which really showcases her talent in incredibly fun and original ways, unlike some other mangas that just goes "they're good, trust me on that". Romance plays a part but it is mainly focused on the ambitions and acting careers of the cast, which is what I love about it.

Also has one of the best rivalries in manga.

And now I really don't want to read it T_T.
I don't want to be heartbroken because the author won't do more or there's no translation available....

Antiwhippy

I don't want to be heartbroken because the author won't do more or there's no translation available....

Tell me about it.

You can watch the 2005 anime though. It is a relatively good adaptation actually. I feel that some of the plays didn't have the same impact as in the manga, plus sometimes the voice actress can't pull off how insanely good at acting maya is, but it's a fairly faithful adaptation which ends with an open ending, so you can just pretend it ended there. The manga continues from that point though.

Berserk 107

Fuck man.

Griffith really fucked with Gut's and Casca's life. Their poor child. :(

Or you could do it like I approached Berserk: Enjoy the amazing parts and don't think about the release schedule.

Mael

Or you could do it like I approached Berserk: Enjoy the amazing parts and don't think about the release schedule.
I really only have so much time to worry about an unfinished story...
I really have plenty to catch up already
Tell me about it.

You can watch the 2005 anime though. It is a relatively good adaptation actually. I feel that some of the plays didn't have the same impact as in the manga, plus sometimes the voice actress can't pull off how insanely good at acting maya is, but it's a fairly faithful adaptation which ends with an open ending, so you can just pretend it ended there. The manga continues from that point though.

I'll try to check the anime, at least I'm pretty sure there's an ending there :lol
But I'll want to read it after that >.<

Lain

Heh, at least you can rest easy that the story will end. She said she will end it "soon" and going by the latest volumes released, that "soon" could be here in the next few years!
You should give it a read though, even with it still ongoing it's pretty great. Some overdramatization but the whole passion for acting is intense and worth it.

Mael

Heh, at least you can rest easy that the story will end. She said she will end it "soon" and going by the latest volumes released, that "soon" could be here in the next few years!
You should give it a read though, even with it still ongoing it's pretty great. Some overdramatization but the whole passion for acting is intense and worth it.

Ok, I'm convinced GAF.
so....the official name is Glass Mask?
no french serialisation?

wonzo

Banned
Domina no Do! 36-41 END
dominanodo38.png

Well, that was a fairly rushed and somewhat underwhelming ending for one hell of a smutty series. Still worth it for everything else though!!!

Jintor

Teppu 01-02

It's really refreshing to have a female lead who is both

a) a strong, determined character and
b) a complete asshole

lololololol. Sports tournament manga if the protagonist was the asshole villain, lol

Stat Flow

He gonna cry in the car
I just want
Ishidori to bang the hormones out of Shrieke
like a MAN. Then she can stop the stupid mancrush thing.

Antiwhippy

Teppu 01-02

b) a complete asshole

lololololol. Sports tournament manga if the protagonist was the asshole villain, lol

It is pretty damn good.

Also the release of chapters is pretty damn spotty.

Berserk

Just want to say, Puck is getting increasingly more annoying.

Akito

We're way beyond scribbles time now.
It's pretty much as good as it ever was, even during YuYu Hakusho.
And even then it's a mangaka that really should be read in volume if only because the cleanup work is really doing amazing stuffs to the art.
And the rest is top notch as always (then again even when it was weekly it was godly so maybe it's really Togashi being lazy here...)
Togashi couldn't be bothered to fix some chapters from the 32th tankoubon

Is is a first for a tankoubon release?

Teppu 01-02

b) a complete asshole

You picked up something beautiful there. Lean back and enjoy, it's amazing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom