• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ok... We need Mirrors Edge 2 on Frostbite 3

From the Battlefield 4 trailer, I couldn't help but imagine Mirrors Edge 2 on this engine...

ibprNDROOQA6v4.gif

ibkk7f16lHK9Ag.gif

iD1uEmAODCXUA.gif

iXSwbNwq31Mdt.gif

i29xd6xEb423H.gif

I swore off EA after Sim City but this trailer makes me realize just how weak of a man I really am...

DICE, please give us what we need.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
That'd be a graphical leap as big as a sky scraper.

In other words, YES PLEASE.

BHK3

Banned
Yes because Mirrors Edge is all about volmetric smoke and explosions right? I know there's more to that but the gifs are bad examples.

ZoddGutts

DICE is stuck for all eternity making Battlefield games. Best we could hope for is several people at Dice get bored of making Battlefield games, leave the team and form a new game company. That company will make a Kickstarter to help fund a spiritual successor to Mirror's Edge. That's our best chance.

I love ME because of the art style, not so much because of the engine. A better-looking engine is great, but it would also be a higher barrier to us actually getting a sequel.
haha we'll never see ME2 anyway

:(

As much as I'd love to see mirrors edge 2 I'll pass. I can see the backlash now of how EA/Dice ruined another franchise. Mirrors edge is too niche of a game. I'm sure most of us on GAF would pick up the game, but how will you sell this to everyone else?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
As much as I'd love to see mirrors edge 2 I'll pass. I can see the backlash now of how EA/Dice ruined another franchise. Mirrors edge is too niche of a game. I'm sure most of us on GAF would pick up the game, but how will you sell this to everyone else?
I imagine it would have a male lead and become a lot more action based, more guns, scripted set pieces, you know the whole works.

I'd love a free roam ME with non-linear gameplay personally.

Mush

Complete with Tress FX.

Imagine wisps of finely rendered hair flooding your view as Faith traverses the environments.

_woLf

I'm starting to lose faith in ever seeing a Mirror's Edge 2.

DICE seems just too set on making Battlefield games for the rest of their existence.

First off is BF4 even running on Frostbite 3 ? Also as much as people here love Mirrors Edge (myself included) making a sequel probably isn't a high priority for EA or DICE, at least that's the way it looks anyway.

Mush

Mirror's Edge was one of the last glimpses we saw of the "good" EA. I still have fond memories of the stuff they put out at the start/middle of this gen. Hell, I'll put my neck on the line and say that some of my favourite games this gen have come from them.

The only way that ME2 will happen is as a budget game. Why? The game doesn't sell enough to justify a BF4 budget.

What will happen?

People will hate it because it will look like "shit".

I made a thread on this about whether we really want Mirror's Edge 2 now, but no thank you with the current EA we've got.

I don't want it to be a shooter. Plain and simple. But it's a First Person Platformer. And that's a tough sell for a game company that needs to sell millions of copies.

I've lowered my hopes for a Mirror's Edge game that I'd be interested in, and no amount of easter eggs will raise it back up. I don't care about new tech, it doesn't change anything for the gameplay.

Switch Back 9

a lot of my threads involve me fucking up somehow. Perhaps I'm a moron?
I think, given the aesthetic of the game, Mirror's Edge still looks graphically better or at least as good as 99% of what I've seen from next-gen games so far.

Top Bottom