• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 |OT -7| My Giant CG Pony Can't Possibly Read This Much Baudelaire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Okusama wa Mahou Shoujo - I found this quite interesting. The whole Magical Girl getting old/dealing with age thing. And a romance with somewhat older than the typical 13-17 age range. Of course I could watch pretty much anything that has Kikuko Inoue as a lead.
Doesn't that have the whole purity from relationships angle? Automatically far less interesting.

Dresden

Enjoy Tamako Market guys, with those sales we're not gonna be getting anything like that again anytime soon :( Get ready for more Ishihara dorama stuff.

Not really. We'll see more internal LN adaptations as time goes on, but this doesn't exactly kill future original projects or force them to adapt KEY stuff.

Yamada isn't getting shitcanned until another show bombs harder than this. She directed one of the most successful series of all time.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
[Goldfish Warning!] 44
iGaLP1xl.jpg
GTp9MPPl.jpg
Oi is this Oniisama e?
So much shounen haato in my little girl cartoons.
Helloooooo Tuxedo Mask.

Why do that when we can write it ourselves!

because i want to see it animated !

--------------

Girls und panzer 12

Entertaining as hell , so much excitement ... and a worthy duel ..for a very very good finale..

PANZER VOR!!

and now .....
d0udsbwavf.gif

i won't have more of this franchise for a long time... and i'm sad , conflicted yet somewhat satisfied.....

I still can't believe they managed to stay entertaining from start to finish

Quasar

Doesn't that have the whole purity from relationships angle? Automatically far less interesting.

Well...it has the no kissing thing otherwise the magical girls lose their powers. Which is a big plot point. Its no 'no relationships' thing though.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Strike Witches S2 - 05

Without a doubt my favorite episode from the season so far. While on a short trip to get resources for the base, Lucchini spots a girl in trouble and becomes the knight that rescues her. Lucchini then takes the girl, Maria, out on a date to show how wonderful her hometown is. Lots of hand holding and gazing into each others eyes moments with a kiss as the big payoff for the end. This is what I'm talking about!!

duckroll

Persona 3 Movie #1 Staff:

Original Work: Persona 3 (Atlus)
Movie #1 Director - Noriaki Akitaya
Script: Jun Kumagai
Character Design/Animation Director: Keisuke Watabe
Music: Shoji Meguro (Atlus)
Supervisor: Seiji Kishi
Animation Production: AIC ASTA

7Th

Persona 3 Movie #1 Staff:

Original Work: Persona 3 (Atlus)
Movie #1 Director - Noriaki Akitaya
Script: Jun Kumagai
Character Design/Animation Director: Keisuke Watabe
Music: Shoji Meguro (Atlus)
Supervisor: Seiji Kishi
Animation Production: AIC ASTA

Welp, now I have to watch it.

OceanBlue

Not really. We'll see more internal LN adaptations as time goes on, but this doesn't exactly kill future original projects or force them to adapt KEY stuff.

Yamada isn't getting shitcanned until another show bombs harder than this. She directed one of the most successful series of all time.
Yeah, I'm just joking about Rewrite at this point. It's a shame that Tamako didn't do well, but I'd imagine that it didn't hurt Pony Canyon too much since Chuunibyou did well. I think KyoAni will still be able to get funding from them for another block to promote their own publishing efforts if they need to.

That being said, the next announcement should be interesting. It'll probably be Kadokawa which means an LN adaptation, but if I understand things correctly, Hyouka was something Takemoto wanted to do which Kadokawa allowed. I wonder if we'll see more projects being suggested by staff or if the normal Kadokawa publisher (whose name I can't remember) will have his name on the next project.

Dresden

That being said, the next announcement should be interesting. It'll probably be Kadokawa which means an LN adaptation, but if I understand things correctly, Hyouka was something Takemoto wanted to do which Kadokawa allowed. I wonder if we'll see more projects being suggested by staff or if the normal Kadokawa publisher (whose name I can't remember) will have his name on the next project.

Kyoukai no Kanata has to pan out at some point, right?

Still hoping for 3-minute cg swimming boy shorts.

OceanBlue

Kyoukai no Kanata has to pan out at some point, right?

Still hoping for 3-minute cg swimming boy shorts.
Lol, with all of the things Shergal has been saying like Kamoi's and Ishidate's relative absence, maybe Kyoukai no Kanata is their next project!

He is the only interesting staff member in the project so far. That's for sure.
:(
AIC ASTA possibly ruining both Aura and Persona movies?
since this is #1 spring of birth does that means that there could be a #2 and #3 ?
Probably. Thank god, I was really worried about fitting all of P3 in one movie.

fertygo

Damn, the PV animation certainly looks a like a step-up from the P4 anime (then again what doesn't).

I dunno, looks like a few good cut in P4A to me, of course its looked good in 40 sec lol.

But yeah the chara design are a lot better so the visual got upgrade by default.

duckroll

So with Majestic Prince and Valvrave confirmed to be 2-cour shows, the big question was whether Gargantia could be 2-cour as well. There's been evidence pointing to 1-cour, mostly because Urobuchi says he has already seen the storyboards for the final episode, but today Kameda tweeted about his work on the show (we already know he worked on the OP and on ep2), and he says he mainly worked on the second half of the show, starting from ep9. That definitely screams 1-cour. But it does seem this is one IG production which is very efficient and not rushed, if they're already that far ahead. Hopefully we'll get a nice show. :)

since this is #1 spring of birth does that means that there could be a #2 and #3 ?

There are multiple movies, yes. Probably 3 for the main story. There might be a 4th one if they want to do The Answer too.

Theonik

Sailor Moon 21
ibnV2gqgLjbiHa.png
ibo9sVdLXbCICu.png
irRiSTrvkF1kR.png

When will anime ever catch a break?
Silly bunny anime is for kids. Ikuhara episode? Ikuhara episode! No tuxedo mask sighting this episode I am pleased ans saddened to report. (swag levels were quite down) and the fight was pretty short for all the hype but we did get a sweet combination attack. I like how the transformation was done in this episode.

She obviously had an anterior motive and the faces deliver in showing just that! But it was a pretty light on faces episode too tbh. :wonzo. Vilains looked pretty cool at least, though I guess
how fast they lost was the joke in this case maybe!
Goldfish spotted! destroyed.jpg

because i want to see it animated !
First you get the LN published, then you get KyoAni to make the anime. Steps!

cajunator

Banned
No, don't believe in your avatar. Believe in my avatar that believes in your avatar!

kamina.jpg

But...thats not your avatar silly XD

Who told you that ? Everyone was anticipating thet arrival of the baby because it had the potential to ruin a good serie but so far it hasn't.

Now that i've seen the end of the prologue ( ep 7 ) i will watch this weekly because it 's not bad at all

AnimeGaf seemed to have it decided from the start once the artwork for the show was revealed.

Thank the anime gods.

On the upside, it means potentially more Hyouka!

Crunchy isn't long for this world. My friends don't lie. Even though they cant stand my guts.

What makes you say that?

So with Majestic Prince and Valvrave confirmed to be 2-cour shows, the big question was whether Gargantia could be 2-cour as well. There's been evidence pointing to 1-cour, mostly because Urobuchi says he has already seen the storyboards for the final episode, but today Kameda tweeted about his work on the show (we already know he worked on the OP and on ep2), and he says he mainly worked on the second half of the show, starting from ep9. That definitely screams 1-cour. But it does seem this is one IG production which is very efficient and not rushed, if they're already that far ahead. Hopefully we'll get a nice show. :)

There are multiple movies, yes. Probably 3 for the main story. There might be a 4th one if they want to do The Answer too.

Of all the mech shows this season Gargantia is the one I wanted to be 2 cour.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
What would it even be about?

They resolved everything!

I hope it's just loli abuse for 13 episodes.

SDBurton

World's #1 Cosmonaut Enthusiast
Strike Witches S2 - 06

I3EmAqI.png
jPxDNZ0.png

EzwPhqz.png
eWjIsFK.png

:sdburtonnnnnnn

Oh man, this Elia x Sanya episode was pretty damn good. I can understand now why fans hold these two to be the OTP of the show.

7Th

What would it even be about?

They resolved everything!

I hope it's just loli abuse for 13 episodes.

Utah's lost chuuni childhood friend who is in love with him appears and becomes Rika's rival. I'm not even joking.

3.png

Looks like there was an ad for Kuroko's Basketball s2

And still nothing of when it'll actually air. Hell, it doesn't even say it'll air this year!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=t3LmaUyr7_Q

Devil Survivor 2 The Animation PV2. Warning: Terrible OP music within.

I hate the vocals.

"My younger sister is thinks shes being haunted and even though I tell her it's a movie she doesn't believe me and I am actually a ghost~nyan."

~nyan. Would watch.

http://www.p3m.jp/

Persona 3 The Movie #1 - Spring of Birth

Opens Fall 2013 in Japan.

Main staff/cast on the site, and a new PV.

Looks nice.

Theonik

Satone Shichimiya was Yuta's childhood friend; Satone was told by Yutathat they are soul mates destined to be together. She suffers from delusions and believes to have a magical ring called ""Sophia Ring SP Saturn VII."
FUCK THIS SHIT. It's all the fault of you shiteaters. You know who you are!

Defuser

Chuu2 got a second season? I don't see the point.

Seeing how this is Kyoani, theres probably a Chuu2 movie down the pipeline.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom