• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Last gen games your beating now before the next gen rush

ant1532

Banned
Right now I'm trying to beat all the games in my last gen(ps2, xbox, gc) backlog that I haven't played through and beaten. So now I'm playing all of these before the next gen rush of games hits.

Xbox
Ninja Gaiden (Playing this now)

Gamecube
F-Zero GX
Resident Evil 4
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Pikmin 2

Playstation 2
Okami
Metal Gear Solid 3
God of War
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 3
The good Jaks
The good Ratchets
Rez(maybe, depends how long it is)

and you?

Ragnarok10

Workin on FF12 atm. I'll jump on GoW2 in March and hopefully ride that until the HS/Motorstorm/Assassin's Creed push mid 2007.

Dali

I foresee me raising this thread from the grave after I get an import PS2. My next gen rush isn't full-swing until the end of the year/early 2008.

EDIT: But for now I'll go with Rogue Galaxy, when it is available.

ShutEye

I just picked up Lego Star Wars 2 (GC) to play with my girlfriend. I have intentions to play Okami, Yakuza, Bully, and the Resident Evil Outbreak games (esp. File#2) but I 'm not sure if I'll ever get around to that.

ant1532 said:
Right now I'm trying to beat all the games in my last gen(ps2, xbox, gc) backlog that I haven't played through and beaten. So now I'm playing all of these before the next gen rush of games hits.

Xbox

Gamecube
F-Zero GX
Resident Evil 4
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
Pikmin 2

Playstation 2
Okami
Metal Gear Solid 3
God of War
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 3
The good Jaks
The good Ratchets

and you?

Rez is very, very short and can be beaten in less than a day- a couple of hours if you're a natural at shooters. Replayability is fairly high though.

ant1532

Banned
Manmademan said:
Rez is very, very short and can be beaten in less than a day- a couple of hours if you're a natural at shooters. Replayability is fairly high though.
Ah ok thanks. One day I'm just going to take care of all the shorts.

F-Zero GX
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
Rez

MutFox

Banned
I just beat Kid Icarus for the NES. (For the 1st time!)
The game started off meh, but actually got fun near the end.

MegaTen

Banned
Manmademan said:
:lol Try one hour.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
I've got a slew I'd like to beat. Some even just start. Foremost:

-Okami
-Tales of the Abyss
-Bully
-Chibi Robo
-Baten Kaitos Origins

+ Several others.

I'm just happy I at least completed Zelda and FFXII.

Shinobi
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Shadow Hearts: From the New World
Tales of the Abyss

And anything else I might get before buying another system.

okami
rogue galaxy
god of war 2
devil may cry 1
shadow of the collosus
final fantasy xii
once i finish these its good bye to my beloved ps2. the greatest console ever made. and hello ps3 :D

My backlog on the PS2/GC/Xbox is so incredibly large, I have no reason to get any next-gen system for years. Going to Japan and buying 15 PS2 games over the summer didn't make matters any better.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Supervlieg said:
Psychonauts, I have some time now that i've finished Zelda TP and GOW

If it's the PC version can you do me a huge favor and send me a copy of your save file when you're near the end of the game. I only had two levels lost, but lost my save file in a crash a few weeks ago.

If anyone else could help me with this, that would be awesome. It's an excellent game so far, but I hate replaying parts I've only recently finished.

i know that i *should* be finishing :

Cube -
Zelda Twilight Princess
Eternal Darkness
Killer 7
Chibi Robo
Metroid Prime 2

PS2 -
SMT3-nocturne
Digital Devil Saga 1
DDS 2 (when i get it next month..PAL)

Xbox (through 360 emulation) -
Ninja Gaiden
Jade Empire (well..i should get started..)

I know that I'm kidding myself, because too many good games keep coming out..and I end up getting them for "later". There's a whole bunch of other stuff, but I don't think its worth playing through them (star fox..ugh)

Nils said:
If it's the PC version can you do me a huge favor and send me a copy of your save file when you're near the end of the game. I only had two levels lost, but lost my save file in a crash a few weeks ago.

If anyone else could help me with this, that would be awesome. It's an excellent game so far, but I hate replaying parts I've only recently finished.

Sorry, Its for the Xbox. And it's a loaner from a guy called Niels. Go figure.

KTallguy

Banned
DMC3

Ryu Ga Gotoku 2

Silent Hill 4 (I bet I'll never beat this one).

That's about it. Lots of portable goodness lately :)

woodchuck

I just recently got a ps2 so I'm working on a lot of games. I finished MGS3 couple weeks ago and playing God of War currently.

I just reached Hades. How much of the game do I have left?

Pimpbaa

I was trying to finish Okami and Dragon Quest VIII, but got sidetracked by getting a Wii and more recently the WoW expansion.

I'm in the process of clearing out my last-gen backlog too. I just recently finished

Paper Mario GC
Metroid Prime 2 GC
Rebel Strike GC
Waverace BS GC
CV: LoI PS2

Now I'm working on
DQ8 PS2
Gradius V PS2
GTA:SA XB
Zelda: Wind Waker GC
F-Zero GX GC

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
Metroid Prime 2
Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Children of Mana
FZero GX
Lunar Dragon Song

... ugh... so many good games, so little time.

Evlar

Banned
I'm working through:

FFXII
FE:poR
Ico

Also wanted to get through the last two chapters of Paper Mario and TTYD before SPM is released next week but alas, that's a dying dream.

sammy

ant1532 said:

Xbox

Gamecube
F-Zero GX
Resident Evil 4
Donkey Kong Jungle Beat
Pikmin 2

Playstation 2
Okami
Metal Gear Solid 3
God of War
Devil May Cry
Devil May Cry 3
The good Jaks
The good Ratchets

and you?

--- Oh, you'll play through REZ in a single sitting - and it'll be the best damn sitting you'll ever have.

I'm reeeeaaaaallly trying to get back into Okami, the game just left a stale taste for me --- but i want the push my way through it entirely for the visuals...

A Human Becoming

More than a Member
I have a tons of games I've started from last gen, but the only game I'm really playing is Ninja Gaiden Black.

I really need to start beating games.

Llyranor

Since I didn't have an Xbox, I'm catching up on its titles that I've been meaning to play.

I recently finished Jade Empire.

I'm currently playing through Halo (and then 2) in coop on Legendary mode (the game is fairly standard on average difficulty, and would be lackluster if it weren't for the coop; but for some reason, Legendary mode makes for insanedly awesome fun, and possibly my most enjoyable FPS experience yet, and this is coming from a PC FPSer).

I'm also slowly going through the Megaman Anniversary Collection. <3 <3 nostalgia trip. I forgot how hard these games were. I've only managed to beat Metalman and Flashman on MM2 so far :(

Ninja Gaiden Black is on its way, I'm expecting a shipment. That'll be the last Xbox title I get.

I kind of really wish there was an Xbox version of the Metal Slug Anthology, though :(

Once I get a Wii, I'll be able to catch up on Gamecube titles as well (mainly Tales of Symphonia, Resident Evil IV, Fire Emblem, among possible others).

arne

"beating" ?

I don't beat games. I don't understand you, "beating" a game. What is that really? You don't say "I beat that movie." sheesh.

*leaves*

Spooks

Currently Working on

~FFXII
~MGS 3

Need to Finish

~Dirge of Cerberus
~Okami
~Radiata Stories
~Drakengard 1 & 2
~Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal
~Dragon Quest VIII
~FF III

I still have to play through FF12, Okami, MGS3 and SOTC. Its hard to play games when I have school to worry about so I'm waiting till the semester is over before I start gaming again.

Top Bottom