• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DS Screenshot thread (56k no)

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
PantherLotus said:
Pirates of Emerald Islands

scr_001.jpg
scr_002.jpg

Hey Luke Skywalker, what's the matter, did you crash your x-wing on a secret pirate island?

Neo_Dasus

Regarding the first scan, why the hell do I keep seeing screenshots of SD3 alongside HoM screenshots? I'm starting to think it'll be an unlockable.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Neo_Dasus said:
Regarding the first scan, why the hell do I keep seeing screenshots of SD3 alongside HoM screenshots? I'm starting to think it'll be an unlockable.

Sorry. I think it is only referencing this edition's history: it takes place 19 years after SD3.

*But if it was unlockable, that would ****ing rock. (but I highly doubt it would be)

Neo_Dasus said:
Probably more likely that it's set in the same world and has characters from SD3. Not saying I wouldn't love SD3 to be there (translated to English, pls), but I don't think it's very likely.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
sonarrat said:
THIS is Dragon Quest IX? It's awfully rough compared to S-E's other projects.

no, it looks beautyful in motion.....

PantherLotus said:
At first I didn't realize why he got banned.

And then I read his post. Jesus.

You mean me? nah I was not banned for that last week it was for posting a Family Guy pic in OT

I'm Black... so yeah I would not want to play a game during that time period unless the game is realistic to my roots. Haiti was founded during that time period.

BTW, you do a great Job on these threads

thanks
:)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Smiles and Cries said:
You mean me? nah I was not banned for that last week it was for posting a Family Guy pic in OT

I'm Black... so yeah I would not want to play a game during that time period unless the game is realistic to my roots. Haiti was founded during that time period.

BTW, you do a great Job on these threads

thanks
:)

Well I sincerely apologize. Only Black people can ask for a game that depicts slavery for historical purposes, while for others it would just seem crass. It does raise an interesting question about the lack of games that mention slavery at all--or for that matter, the holocaust. Sure, we can play Civil War sims and WWII fps games, but where's the social content that lead up to it? I'd be very interested in a game with a little bit of social perspective as it relates to those to issues.

And thanks. ;)
Big updates coming.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Panel de Pon

The classic returns. This time, without Yoshi licensing. Notice the sideways interface, apparent touch screen control, and the horrendously eye-jarring white backgrounds on some of the levels. I hope they do a little more with this title. It could be so perfect.

scr_001.jpg
scr_002.jpg
scr_003.jpg
scr_004.jpg
scr_005.jpg
scr_006.jpg
scr_007.jpg
scr_008.jpg
scr_009.jpg
scr_010.jpg

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Chibi Robo: Park patrol

Maybe it will play like a dream, but damn this looks bad at this stage. Horrible colors, jaggies, ugly ass interface...just bad all around. It looks like an eight year old child with a pack of markers got a hold of Drahken and decided to go for a remake. And not in that Yoshi's-Island-so-beautiful-felt-tip-marker sort of way. ****ing Yuck.

scr_001.jpg
scr_002.jpg
scr_003.jpg
scr_004.jpg
scr_005.jpg
scr_006.jpg
scr_007.jpg
scr_008.jpg

PantherLotus said:
Maybe it will play like a dream, but damn this looks bad at this stage. Horrible colors, jaggies, ugly ass interface...just bad all around. It looks like an eight year old child with a pack of markers got a hold of Drahken and decided to go for a remake. And not in that Yoshi's-Island-so-beautiful-felt-tip-marker sort of way. ****ing Yuck.

I can't help but be confused by people expecting great visuals from a Chibi-Robo game.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
FFXIIRW

Complete and total destruction of everything horrible in this world is about to follow. This is proof that not only is there a god, but that he or she smiles down on us from above. Or, perhaps through the lovely magic that is the DS.

Trailer after the screens.

scr_058.jpg
scr_059.jpg
scr_060.jpg
scr_061.jpg
scr_062.jpg
scr_063.jpg
scr_064.jpg
scr_065.jpg
scr_066.jpg
scr_067.jpg
scr_068.jpg

The new trailer is HERE.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
PantherLotus said:
Panel de Pon

The classic returns. This time, without Yoshi licensing. Notice the sideways interface, apparent touch screen control, and the horrendously eye-jarring white backgrounds on some of the levels. I hope they do a little more with this title. It could be so perfect.

man, just looking at that reminds me that i need my tetris attacks fix. i wonder if its gonna have the multiplayer capabilities that tetris ds did.....

Lobster

Banned
PantherLotus said:
FFXIIRW

Complete and total destruction of everything horrible in this world is about to follow. This is proof that not only is there a god, but that he or she smiles down on us from above. Or, perhaps through the lovely magic that is the DS.

Trailer after the screens.

The new trailer is HERE.

Still hard for me to believe its all in 3D.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Index updated! This is a must-use for any DS fan looking for a nice preview to upcoming games. The index is regularly maintained in an alphabetical order, with released games appearing at the bottom, dated appropriately.

MONTHLY RELEASE LIST AT THE BOTTOM!

Index
Aquarium DS - 1, 2
Anno 1771 - 1
Bleach DS 2nd Kokui hirameku Chinkonka - 1, 2 3
Bomberman Story DS - 1
Brain Buster Puzzle Pack - 1
Bubble Bobble Double Shot - 1
Capcom Vs. SNK: Card Fighters - 1
Chibi Robo: Park Patrol - 1, 2
Crayon Shinchan Arashi - 1
Custom Robo Arena - 1, 2
Danny Phantom: Urban Jungle - 1
Death Note DS - 1
Detective Conan - 1
Diddy Kong Racing DS - 1, 2
Digimon Evolution: Sun Burst/Moonlight - 1
Diner Dash - 1
Disciples 2 - 1
Donkey Kong: King of Swing 2 - 1
Doraemon Nobita no Shin Makai Daibôken DS - 1
Draglade - 1
Dragon Ball Z Card RPG - 1, 2, 3, 4
Dragon Quest IX - 1, 2, 3, 4
Dragon Quest Monsters Joker - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5
DS Air - 1
Dynasty Warriors DS - 1, 2
Etrian Odyssey - 1, 2
Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 9, 10, 11
Final Fantasy Fables: Chocobo Tales - 1, 2
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles : Ring of Fates - 1, 2, 3, 4
Front Mission The First - 1
Glory Days 2 - 1
Godzilla: Unleashed -1
Harlem Globetrotters World Tour - 1
Harvest Moon: You and the Island - 1, 2, 3, 4
Heroes of Mana - 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
Homebrew Apps - 1
Inuyasha: Secret of the Divine Jewel - 1, 2
Itadaki Street DS - 1
It's A Wonderful World - 1, 2, 3
Izuna: Legend of the Unemployed Ninja - 1
Jet Impulse - 1
Kameleon - 1
Kekkaishi - 1
Kuri Kuri DS Otasuke Island - 1, 2
The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass - 1, 2, 3
Lionel Trains On Track - 1
Lost in Blue 2 - 1
Love & Berry- 1
Lunar Knights - 1, 2, 3, 4
Mahjong DS - 1
Marvel Universe Trading Card Game - 1
Mega Man Star Force - 1
Meteos: Disney Magic - 1, 2
Micro Machines V4 - 1
More Enlgish Trainig - 1
Nanostray 2 - 1
Naruto: Ninja Council 3 - 1
New Zealand Story Revolution - 1
Panel de Pon - 1
Panzer Tactics DS - 1
Pet Alien - 1
Picross DS - 1
Pirate Battle - 1
Pirates of Emerald Islands - 1
Pogo Island - 1, 2
Princess Natasha: Student, Secret Agent, Princess - 1
Professor Layton and the Strange City - 1, 2
Professor Layton and Pandora's Box - 1
Puzzle Quest: Warlords - 1
QuickSpot - 1
Reborn! - 1
Romance of the Three Kingdoms DS 2 - 1
Sangokushi DS - 1
Settlers, The - 1, 2
Sim City DS - 1, 2, 3, 4
SNK vs. Capcom Card Fighters DS - 1, 2
Space Explore Rally - 1
Spectrobes - 1
Tamagotchi Connexion Corner Shop - 1, 2
Theme Park DS - 1, 2, 3
Time Ace - 1
Toon-Doku - 1
Touchmaster - 1
Treasure Quest - 1
Touch the Dead - 1
Trioncube - 1
War! - 1
Wario: Master of Disguise - 1, 2, 3, 4
Warlords DS - 1
Wiffle Ball Advance - 1
Winning Eleven: Pro Evolution Soccer 2007 - 1
Xiaolin Showdown - 1
Yu-Gi-Oh! Spirit Caller - 1

JAN 2007 Releases - ( 9 titles)
FEB 2007 Releases - (11 titles)
MAR 2007 Releases - (15 titles) Coming Soon!

Memles

Ooooh...Meteos: Disney looks quite good. If reviews are good, I might be tempted since I love me some Disney and enjoyed me some Meteos in my short playtime.

Tailzo said:
At first I thought Hoshigami: Ruining Blue Earth looked interesting, so I looked it up. Seems like it's a port of a psx game. Here's the review:

http://psx.ign.com/articles/165/165172p1.html

Edit:
Great thread, btw.
WAIT. So you're telling me now the DS is the one getting the PSX ports?

The game doesn't look so bad judging by the score (I just scrolled to the bottom, didn't have time to read it all). They gave it a two in gameplay (despite praising the battle system for being great) for being hard and having permadeath. >_>; They may have fixed some of the nagging problems in the port. We'll have to see I guess.

I concur though. This thread is made of awesome. Makes me really hyped about the near future. I need more monies. D:

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
March US Release Dates
After reviewing this list, it's not surprising there's not more media available for the games coming out this month (sucky month). Honestly, I think this is to coincide with the March releases for the Wii.

Wario and Spectrobes might get some nice sales out of this otherwise license abuse and glut of actual kid game-infested month.

The following is an organized look at the screenshots released over time for these titles. Each [#] represents a different post with screens for the game. Please note that these titles will be removed from the index at the end of the month.*

Code:
[B][U]March 2007 DS Releases[/U][/B]
03/03/07	[B]Wario: Master of Disguise - [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5205767&postcount=232"][1][/URL] [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5286871&postcount=283"][2][/URL] [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5420887&postcount=360"][3][/URL] [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5593257&postcount=497"][4][/URL][/B]   <--Watch the reviews on this one. :| 
03/05/07	Major League Baseball 2K7 
03/06/07	Uno 52 
03/06/07	Rayman Raving Rabbids 
03/08/07	Dragon Sakura DS 
03/13/07	TMNT 
03/15/07	[B]Spectrobes - [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5092925&postcount=48"][1][/URL][/B]
03/20/07	Disney's Herbie: Rescue Rally 
03/20/07	[B]Puzzle Quest: Challenge of the Warlords - [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5096267&postcount=79"][1][/URL][/B]
03/27/07	Disney's Meet The Robinsons 
03/27/07	Purr pals 

03/01/07	[B]Pogo Island - [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5585175&postcount=487"][1][/URL] [URL="http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=5597787&postcount=514"][2][/URL][/B]
03/01/07	Konami Classics Series: Arcade Hits 
03/01/07	Tank Beat 
03/01/07	Cake Mania

*Index updated. February releases have been removed from the main index, but can still be found at the bottom of the index under the appropriate release date.

Top Bottom