• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Xbox Reveal | May 21 10am PDT - sponsored by Saxa

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpartanN92

Banned
I'll predict:
* Specs about the double than PS4. 3TF+
* No online need
* Big 4 EA deals, Next-gen exclusives of NFS, FIFA and BF4, a full exclusives from Respawn.
* Kinect dancing/sport games and their 1st party - Halo and Forza.
* COD exclusive DLC.

My better more accurate/awesome prediction:

*Specs INFINITYx the PS4.
*Only one online needed
*Bigger EA deals. Similar to what you mention only bigger.
*Kinect sports dancing of war
*COD exclusive (You really nailed this one)

Router

Hopsiah the Kanga-Jew
From the Halo OT:

ji88AtwMGUlU5.png

Via TheOddOne

So 343 might be showing something.

You think Microsoft would launch the new Xbox without mentioning a particular franchise?

Tech demo.

also, some crazy spec predictions. Reign it in y'all.

all I want is a new PGR. That's pretty much all I care about at this point. Oh, and a new Kameo, Bloodwake, Conker, Midtown Madness, Jet Force Gemini, Blast Corps, Lost Odyssey, etc.

There won't be a tech demo at this. This is a TV event focused on mainstream media. There won't be a single shred of technical mumbo jumbo or things that are not actual products that will go in the hands of media after the event.

liquidboy

Banned
There won't be a tech demo at this. This is a TV event focused on mainstream media. There won't be a single shred of technical mumbo jumbo or things that are not actual products that will go in the hands of media after the event.

Green said that today we're going to also be meeting the people behind the Xbox Next .. so to me that sounds like its also going to be some technical discussions.

Conor 419

Banned
Ah, that BBC data was six hours late to my argument it would seem, the point stands however, and I for one am not going to be giving Microsoft an easy ride if they fuck up.

Let's sum up "What to expect": Add to this and don't be stupid about it making jabs so people have realistic expectations. I know I've forgotten stuff.

Games: Not a lot of time devotion

EA has a HUGE presence here whether exclusive or not.
Fifa 2014
EA UFC (2014)
Need for Speed
Call of Duty: Ghosts
Battlefield 4
Halo Teaser (?)

Technology:A lot of time devotion.

Always-On: Ability to download updates, patches etc. while the console is "off"
Illumiroom technology (?)
Kinect 2.0, probably a focus on tracking and voice recognition.
Specifications of the new XBox (Rumours from 1.2 TFlops to 2.4 TFlops being the most "reliable".)

Entertainment:
Points are killed in favour of currency
A focus on XBox Live and it's "evolution"
Apps, possibly integrated with Win8/Windows Phones.
Exclusive programming, such as a "Heroes" reboot

No? :(

Green said that today we're going to also be meeting the people behind the Xbox Next .. so to me that sounds like its also going to be some technical discussions.

Yeah but that can be the marketing people, the focus testers, the people who decided what colour to make the box. The first singer who saw the xbox and got inspired to write a song about it.

You know, the important stuff.

You hit it all to me. I really expect GTA5 exclusive DLC and hence a next gen announcement of that. I'd also bank of some sort of mass effect 4 tease.

Alx

It will be Apple style technical discussions at best. They won't go as deep as Sony did.

Sony didn't really go that deep... they spent some time on hardware, but it was mostly about how it was similar to a PC and easy to develop for.

ps4_specs_400x267.jpg

I'm still calling that there will be something with Valve by the way.

That is your steam account and games will be accessible on the box. To go with it, official reveal of the old Halo games appearing on steam to take care of most of the xbox BC concerns.

A bit outlandish, but it is the only megaton I can realistically think of that would impress me.

Sony didn't really go that deep... they spent some time on hardware, but it was mostly about how it was similar to a PC and easy to develop for.

If it isn't much better than the PS4 I doubt they will though. Best to just say it is the most "powerful" console ever and leave it at that.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
If it's called just Xbox that will be one hell of an awkward moment:

Don: "Our next generation console is called Xbox..."

Crowd: "Interesting. Go on!"

Don: "That's it! Why u are not cheering?"

*Don claps himself*
Right, because 'PlayStation 4' sizzles with creative vision by comparison.

I think Xbox is probably the best thing they could call it.

Halo 4 used to demonstrate 'forward compatibility'.
Running on Durango in 1080p 60fps with bells and whistles.

Give me halo 2 remake like CEmake at 1080p and 60 fps..
Then we can talk :p

Only halo i didn't play i heard it had clan features seems like a awesome stuff to integrate with social features of live 2.0

Feindflug

Sizzle real with 2 second clips of games confirmed.

For an hour long show there are a lot of rumored games that will be shown, so they will spend 20 minutes in the hardware & os side of things and then the rest will be the playable demo of Ghosts, EA montage trailer, PGR5 trailer, some Halo related announcement, Titan reveal and the show will close with an Alan WakE3 teaser (as CrunchinJelly predicted) to warm things up for E3.

Sounds good to me. :p

I just saw a ad on Giantbomb that was a commercial for CoD Ghost. And it just said Xbox at the end.

Is this new? Or an old commercial? I've never seen then use that logo at the end of a video before.

It was a very short commercial and it looked current gen. But it said a new generation starts or something at the end.

It would probably be wise to avoid this thread, GAF, and Twitter, in case something leaks, as the event is near, but the workday seems to drag extra hard today, so I can't resist.
Gonna watch it live on my TV, like I did with the PS4 event (even though GT-s streaming quality fluctuated insanely). Hyped!

sTaTIx

Sony did a great job promoting their console with the extra time they got in terms of showing dev support and especially indie dev support, but in terms of the mainstream (sorry you guys are special) no one gives that much of a shit, they still haven't announced titles that get the mainstream talking or excited about the thing. Looking at the juggernaut lineup MS has to reveal their console, Sony is about to get ethered in terms of capturing the mindshare of the public,

So, basically you're saying we should expect a ton of emphasis on Kinect, casual/family-oriented games, and multimedia/cable box functionality? Gee, how exciting.

hopefully they react before E3.

Why do they have to react before E3?

MasLegio

Banned
Sony did a great job promoting their console with the extra time they got in terms of showing dev support and especially indie dev support, but in terms of the mainstream (sorry you guys are special) no one gives that much of a shit, they still haven't announced titles that get the mainstream talking or excited about the thing. Looking at the juggernaut lineup MS has to reveal their console, Sony is about to get ethered in terms of capturing the mindshare of the public, hopefully they react before E3.
could not agree more, the titles Sony has released so far are only well known and liked by the Sony fanboys. To the rest of the world they have no appeal and appear overrated. I hope there will be better games announced at E3.

I'm still calling that there will be something with Valve by the way.

That is your steam account and games will be accessible on the box. To go with it, official reveal of the old Halo games appearing on steam to take care of most of the xbox BC concerns.

A bit outlandish, but it is the only megaton I can realistically think of that would impress me.

If it isn't much better than the PS4 I doubt they will though. Best to just say it is the most "powerful" console ever and leave it at that.
nope, will not happen
Valve and MS are not on good terms and direct competitors more now than ever.

Rooster

Some thoughts:

With an hour long presentation I'm not expecting a huge amount of detail about the specs. I expect them to cover them but not in the same detail Sony did. So the presentation may be a bit flat for spec nerds. A brief overview in the presentation and a spec sheet in a press pack will be it I think. I expect them to give more time to things that differentiate the Xbox from the competition (Live, Illumiroom, Kinect 2.0, controller) and their vision for the living room then some publisher testimonials and games at the end.

If they feel the need to squeeze pop acts and dancers in again then it'll be very content light.

Not feeling the hype.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom