• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox partner preview show Wednesday, October 25, at 10am PT (1pm ET / 6pm BST)

Sacred

Really great showcase alot of games I was already excited for MGS3 looks incredible, Deep game looks really great (would be a fantastic VR game), and AW2 sold me on this trailer. Also, The Finals looks like a blast going to get in on the beta tomorrow and Robocop actually looks good.

Last edited:
Solid show, love the "just trailers" format for a quick dump. Thoughts on each title -
  • Like a Dragon - oh my word, my daughter is going to love The Sims "Japanese edition".
  • Ikaro - looks slick, gonna try this one. At a glance reminds me of Hi-Fi Rush.
  • Still Wakes the Deep - not my thing.
  • Robocop - Looks to be everything I want from that world, loving the attention to detail and production quality from the devs. Toe to Toe with a rogue ED-209? Count me in.
  • Dungeons of Hinterberg - Another not for me.
  • Spirit of the North 2 - playing this one with my daughter, or watching her play through more specifically.
  • MGS Snake Eater - Bring it on, nice to see some next gen games on UE5.
  • Manor Lords - Not for me but my son and a mate of mine might just love it.
  • The Finals - fire in multiplayer? Bungie am jealous. Will give this a run with the FPS/BR crew. Looks solid and I like the destruction being part of game mechanics/level design. For me it all comes down to Aussie servers and population with these games. Taking Apex Legends off that Aussie crown is a tall order.
  • ARK - good bye son, I'll see you in a year. He and his friends love ARK. Here's hoping console performance is far better this time around.
  • Alan Wake 2 - Love Remedy, so very in. Looking and feeling the goods alright. Northlight doing some work there.
Regarding a minuscule matter, I wish Xbox would use green more in their logos and hardware power buttons. The pure white is a bit bland imo.

wSLUhAK.jpg

Anything imminent announced?
  • Alan Wake 2 - Oct 27th 2023
  • Like a Dragon - Jan 26th 2024
  • Robocop - Nov 2nd 2023
  • The Finals - open beta - Oct 26th to Nov 5th 2023
  • Ark: Survival Ascended - steam early access - today
EDIT: Also stop, my backlog is full already and my HDD isn't happy about being fully loaded either.

Last edited:

supernova8

Banned
Echoing others, definitely enjoyed the no-nonsense presentation. As much as I love Bond, Sarah Bond, we just don't need to her be on camera spouting a load of bollocks that doesn't sound sincere anyway.

Literally if they did this for every single games showcase I would be satisfied.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Holy shit. Just watched, what a brilliant showcase. Easy A to A + rating for me. Every game looked great. Didn't expect this at all.

This was really well put together, the description of the footage shown was also great. Xbox have taken the criticism of past showings and really upped their game.

Top Bottom