• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

GGs Sloth

I'm at least willing to partially blame that increased lag on my brother :/

Guess mike was saying that the steam beta version of skullgirls will be getting the salty cupcake builds of the game.

As long as there's an option to choose your version rather than getting stuck with what Mike's experimenting that'd be awesome.

Ken

Just add a lobby system and players who are waiting to play are treated to a screen of Valentine running back and forth.

El Sloth

Banned
GGs SolarKnight.

This will probably be the last time we play in a while (because my 14 day trial of Live will have run out by the time I get back.)

NEO0MJ

So, anyone willing to play a few matches on PSN?

Panzerfaust would fit that bill way better than Juju. A small asian women is not my definition of somebody that can hit slow and heavy.

Panzerfaust is more of a brawler, though. I was mainly focusing on her zoning style with that slow and heavy comment.

Moonlight

Banned
The moving tombstone is amazing. So much love put into Squigs.

EDIT: Peacock dancing with the level 3 item drop assist. :lol

EDIT: Pinion Dash is a level 3 blockbuster now, goddamn. Looks slick as hell.

So, Squiggly's Stalking Flare hyper looked more like a boomerag to me. The little monster dude shoots a fireball out, and then it whaps back into the opponent. Do I have that right? Is that a level 1 or a level 3?

TheOGB

Banned
tumblr_mnnba1XGLR1rmeb8mo4_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnnba1XGLR1rmeb8mo2_1280.jpg

tumblr_mnnba1XGLR1rmeb8mo1_1280.jpg
Pretty good, though her Sagan reminds me of a Rabbid >_>

Moonlight

Banned
This is pretty damn stellar (ba-dum-tish) - the coloured eye contact in particular is a really nice touch. It's a small detail, but really completes it.

Here's a more bittersweet contribution:

tumblr_mnn1qcYZot1qgc33ho1_500.png

Sigh. ;_;7

Martholomule

Neo Member
If you're still up for matches I'll play. My psn is: exuro45

If I remember correctly, you're the one that blew me the fuck up last night until i started resorting to pure cheese tactics. It's nice to see that skill level in ranked, even if I did get utterly cleaned out. We should rematch sometime.

On topic, those Painwheel changes better stick because they are badass. All good things this week. Even the shirt was cute
even if the joke is from 1998

DarkSloth

If I remember correctly, you're the one that blew me the fuck up last night until i started resorting to pure cheese tactics. It's nice to see that skill level in ranked, even if I did get utterly cleaned out. We should rematch sometime.

On topic, those Painwheel changes better stick because they are badass. All good things this week. Even the shirt was cute
even if the joke is from 1998
Oh man yeah! I don't quite remember the cheese factor you're talking about, but if it was picking peacock that is a guaranteed way to destroy me.

I cannot find any gaps for Painwheel. It all looks too chaotic for me to really understand what's going on. The air dominance of airplane and falling object is too crazy for me. With double's buttslam assist taking up almost all the screen at any time, it just seemed impossible. I faced many peacocks yesterday and couldn't make any progress in that match up.

Beats

Learning Double right now to add to my Filia/Valentine team. Is there anything of note that I should be aware of about her?

Martholomule

Neo Member
Oh man yeah! I don't quite remember the cheese factor you're talking about, but if it was picking peacock that is a guaranteed way to destroy me.

I cannot find any gaps for Painwheel. It all looks too chaotic for me to really understand what's going on. The air dominance of airplane and falling object is too crazy for me. With double's buttslam assist taking up almost all the screen at any time, it just seemed impossible. I faced many peacocks yesterday and couldn't make any progress in that match up.

I was the one that tried Cerebella and Painwheel, then resorted to Peacock and Cerebella.

It feels good to spam the shit out of everyone for a while, but then you get introspective and think, "why don't I know any goddamn combos? Is it possible that I'm just a huge scrub?". Then your conscience is like, "I've never been so accurately insulted in all my life".

The stream kept stuttering so much that I dropped out some time after 12:30. Even the footage I saw was stuttering so much that I couldn't tell the details. Gonna have to watch the archives, I guess. Shoutouts to Mike on the F-Zero comment, though lol.
Best Skullgirls cosplay yet. Those are some funky contact lenses.
and you will never see her ingame muahahaha

SG2 won't ever come out. :D
umm okay
Learning Double right now to add to my Filia/Valentine team. Is there anything of note that I should be aware of about her?
You want her to be your anchor for maximum hornet bomber and cat shenanigans.
I was the one that tried Cerebella and Painwheel, then resorted to Peacock and Cerebella.

It feels good to spam the shit out of everyone for a while, but then you get introspective and think, "why don't I know any goddamn combos? Is it possible that I'm just a huge scrub?". Then your conscience is like, "I've never been so accurately insulted in all my life".
Don't worry about it. Peacock is designed to play that way. It's part of her charm. I can't combo at all and I pull some great wins out of that character. It's all good so long as you have meter.

Top Bottom