• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Mr. X

Ravidrath

Do you record all of a character's script in one day at the studio? Specifically Squigly not including recording Leviathan studio time.

Ravidrath

Ravidrath

Do you record all of a character's script in one day at the studio? Specifically Squigly not including recording Leviathan studio time.

Yeah, we did all of Squigly's lines in 3-4 hours last Friday, and all of Leviathan's in 1-2 hours on Monday.

Mr. X

463654_522058481194984_1349056944_o.jpg

Check out all the billboards

Credit to chindogg in the FGW thread but I'm still pissed about Stanley not being voted in ...

tumblr_mmu5u49eAT1s7z7t3o2_1280.gif
That's a great animation. Though I think all of the characters that got voted in were good picks. Except for Robo-Fortune. That one is kind of weird to me. Maybe she's just cheaper to make because they can re-use assets?

Edit: Except for Beowulf. Forgot about his terribleness.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Rooftops looks really great. If not for those odd sharp-lined female-types in the center, I'd think it'd be a painting of a steampunk-inspired vision of the near future or something.

I'd love to see it have similar animation to the stage used to NEST Kyo in KoFXIII; all the civilians on the street walk about, and cars move on the roads, in the far background. Lots of odd, small details that made it feel like one was fighting on an area high above and away from a lively world below.

So I got swept up in the GTTV madness and sadly forgot about Salty. What changes did I miss this week to the build?

I watched through it yesterday, so I'll try and list the things I remember:

Squigly was more fleshed out. She had some new stance stuff, a move that had an animation, but did nothing yet, a DP, and a bridge to her singing move... which doesn't work yet. However, the screenfreeze from the dance move can be cancelled to her Daisy Pusher Blockbuster, which gives it enough screen freeze frames to make it un-jumpable on reaction. Her Singing Sphere Blockbuster (Which to me will be Baltic Launcher) can be positioned at different places, depending on which 2 punches you press to activate it. She can combo out of her throw this way, chase people across the screen, set it up to cover uppercuts, etc. Versatile for a large amount of confirms!

Valentine got the ability to load her poisons up to 3 lvls each. Lvl 1s are weaker than current, 2s about current, and 3s better, with some unique features. Counter Blockbuster takes any loaded poison, and uses it as a lvl 3. Lost Blockstun on projectile throws (not as safe), gained ability to Load poison -> Surgery! Super after throw due to a modified cancel window.

Painwheel's newly re-purposed super looks better, and it working more like it's suppose to, by Mikes words, now.

Was Fortune suppose to be getting a new move? I saw a non-colored frame pop up for her, that looked like a standing version of her crouching tail whip, I think. This might have been mentioned in previous weeks, so sorry if it's something that was previously mentioned!

Credit to chindogg in the FGW thread but I'm still pissed about Stanley not being voted in ...

tumblr_mmu5u49eAT1s7z7t3o2_1280.gif

That's... so great. So much personality at each level of the animation.

Rooftops looks really great. If not for those odd sharp-lined female-types in the center, I'd think it'd be a painting of a steampunk-inspired vision of the near future or something.

I'd love to see it have similar animation to the stage used to NEST Kyo in KoFXIII; all the civilians on the street walk about, and cars move on the roads, in the far background. Lots of odd, small details that made it feel like one was fighting on an area high above and away from a lively world below.

I watched through it yesterday, so I'll try and list the things I remember:

Squigly was more fleshed out. She had some new stance stuff, a move that had an animation, but did nothing yet, a DP, and a bridge to her singing move... which doesn't work yet. However, the screenfreeze from the dance move can be cancelled to her Daisy Pusher Blockbuster, which gives it enough screen freeze frames to make it un-jumpable on reaction. Her Singing Sphere Blockbuster (Which to me will be Baltic Launcher) can be positioned at different places, depending on which 2 punches you press to activate it. She can combo out of her throw this way, chase people across the screen, set it up to cover uppercuts, etc. Versatile for a large amount of confirms!

Valentine got the ability to load her poisons up to 3 lvls each. Lvl 1s are weaker than current, 2s about current, and 3s better, with some unique features. Counter Blockbuster takes any loaded poison, and uses it as a lvl 3. Lost Blockstun on projectile throws (not as safe), gained ability to Load poison -> Surgery! Super after throw due to a modified cancel window.

Painwheel's newly re-purposed super looks better, and it working more like it's suppose to, by Mikes words, now.

Was Fortune suppose to be getting a new move? I saw a non-colored frame pop up for her, that looked like a standing version of her crouching tail whip, I think. This might have been mentioned in previous weeks, so sorry if it's something that was previously mentioned!

That's... so great. So much personality at each level of the animation.
Multiple poison levels is pretty damn awesome. Anything new for Parasoul worth noting, if you remember?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Multiple poison levels is pretty damn awesome. Anything new for Parasoul worth noting, if you remember?

Nope, seemed like a short list of pre-existing character things, mostly because Mike said he spent his time primarily on Squigly for the week.

Just a note for any who want to watch the stream, it was broken up into (at least?) 3 parts, due to connection issues. The 1st is the one with character changes, the other 2 are all fights with the "Everyone has to have Squigly on their team!" rule enforced, so it's a good way to see some of her emerging gameplay.

That's a great animation. Though I think all of the characters that got voted in were good picks. Except for Robo-Fortune. That one is kind of weird to me. Maybe she's just cheaper to make because they can re-use assets?

Well, Robo-Fortune was pretty much originally "hey, we are already going to record her lines, might as well turn her into an actual character with this left over money since we are not likely to fund that fourth character." Then that fourth character actually met its goal so now we are getting five.

If push came to shove, LZ probably could make a heavily modified Fortune and use absolutely no new art assets at all. And yeah, they're recording her VO anyway. She's kinda the freebie surprise character anyway.

I would not be surprised if one reason why Fortune got given a new normal was to aid with making Robo-Fortune down the road.

NEO0MJ

Well, Robo-Fortune was pretty much originally "hey, we are already going to record her lines, might as well turn her into an actual character with this left over money since we are not likely to fund that fourth character." Then that fourth character actually met its goal so now we are getting five.

Yeah. I remember early in the campaign when Ravi said they only added the fourth character goal as a joke, they had absolutely no idea they were gonna make.

Beckx

Playing with less input lag now and can hit Bella's QCF+hp, QCF+PP easily now. What a difference a few dozen ms makes.

Yeah. I remember early in the campaign when Ravi said they only added the fourth character goal as a joke, they had absolutely no idea they were gonna make.

As I recall, someone on here posted "you know, if you get another $250k on top of all that, you should do a second mystery character" to which Ravi said "sure lol" and added it to the campaign. Lo and behold, they hit the target.

Ravidrath

As I recall, someone on here posted "you know, if you get another $250k on top of all that, you should do a second mystery character" to which Ravi said "sure lol" and added it to the campaign. Lo and behold, they hit the target.

A lot of people in here criticized me for doing it, too, because it was "too unrealistic." And I agreed!

onionfrog

Played online for the first time last night. Only found one person on unranked matches, I played a few games against them and it was laggy. It turns out, the guy I was playing was in Japan!
Honestly, The matches were still smoother than many matches I've had in marvel 3 against people in my own country...

Anyways, anybody up for games on PSN right now? PSN Id is the same as my username.

Played online for the first time last night. Only found one person on unranked matches, I played a few games against them and it was laggy. It turns out, the guy I was playing was in Japan!
Honestly, The matches were still smoother than many matches I've had in marvel 3 against people in my own country...

Anyways, anybody up for games on PSN right now? PSN Id is the same as my username.
Welcome to the real GGPO.

I'll be adding you and Beckx to my friend list...

onionfrog

Good Games Beats!
Man online is smooth in this game.
I'm glad I was able to take a few games off you.
Generally speaking, do you think a 3 character team in this game is better than a 2 character team?
I'm only playing a two character team at the moment since I barely know how to play two characters.

Sounds good!

This game is like an honest version of mvc3 with no xfactor, no TAC bullshit and actual good net code.

Beats

Good Games Beats!
Generally speaking, do you think a 3 character team in this game is better than a 2 character team?
I'm only playing a two character team at the moment since I barely know how to play two characters.

Good games. Hmm, I'm not entirely sure. I'm kind of fumbling between solo Filia and the team I'm trying to use now. Someone else might be able to give you an answer. >.<

NEO0MJ

I guess three characters offers you more options when it comes to assists, plus you have another character to choose from if your other two don't work, and if a character dies you can still perform tag assisted combos.

A lot of people in here criticized me for doing it, too, because it was "too unrealistic." And I agreed!

I'm glad you did so, after all we got Beowulf out of it.

You are already on my friend list, Onion.
Good Games Beats!
http://www.twitch.tv/bibiquadium/b/405628259?t=61m20s

Everyone in this game has the tools necessary to win even on their own. You can play a three character team, but you'll feel the burn of less health and damage. It is all good if you play it well, but I wouldn't recommend it if you can't get a handle of all three characters. The general trend I've noticed is that just about all three man woman teams incorporate Peacock somewhere in there. I would not recommend a three man team without her.

The game is far from lost if you've only got your anchor. Just remember that. It's a lot like MvC2, but not in that way.
This game is like an honest version of mvc3 with no xfactor, no TAC bullshit and actual good net code.
I had no idea you could make MvC3 honest.

onionfrog

You are already on my friend list, Onion.

http://www.twitch.tv/bibiquadium/b/405628259?t=61m20s

Everyone in this game has the tools necessary to win even on their own. You can play a three character team, but you'll feel the burn of less health and damage. It is all good if you play it well, but I wouldn't recommend it if you can't get a handle of all three characters. The general trend I've noticed is that just about all three man woman teams incorporate Peacock somewhere in there. I would not recommend a three man team without her.

The game is far from lost if you've only got your anchor. Just remember that. It's a lot like MvC2, but not in that way.
Hmm, I may stick with two characters for now. Although I do like the added options that a 3 character team could bring in terms of assists.
I had no idea you could make MvC3 honest.
This game has a lot of the things I like about marvel 3. (Team building, assists, DHC's).
But none of the bad things. (XF3 Vergil, Hidden Missiles, TACs)
I guess three characters offers you more options when it comes to assists, plus you have another character to choose from if your other two don't work, and if a character dies you can still perform tag assisted combos.
That's pretty much what I was thinking. Maybe I'll work on a 3 character team eventually.

NEO0MJ

Yeah, I even called the first mystery character "pie in the sky". As it turned out, delicious crow pie was indeed in the sky.

Looking back at the time before the campaign started is pretty funny, and after it ended even more so.

That's pretty much what I was thinking. Maybe I'll work on a 3 character team eventually.

I can barely play with two right now. I'm only considering using three characters because my two mains, Painwheel and Peacock, don't have any good reversals and so I might add Fortune.

Personally, I think a 3 man team is only a good idea if you're confident in your reset and not getting hit skills. That health and damage difference is a pretty big deal. For example, sure,Peacock/Parasoul/Double can keep me away better, but it technically also gives me more chances to get in and you less chances to make mistakes.

Beckx

Hah. so that's who that invite was from. :D

Will be on late tonight if you want to get a set in.

Edit: or not. stayed up to watch Tretton droppin' bombs, then discussing afterward, never even got near a console.

Top Bottom