• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

GGs Beats. You're quite good. I did much better than I thought I would, though I would love advice. That was the first time I worked up the courage to approach with Parasoul, lol.

Beats

GGs Beats. You're quite good. I did much better than I thought I would, though I would love advice. That was the first time I worked up the courage to approach with Parasoul, lol.

Good games man. Our connection is pretty good in this game compared to Marvel. I was surprised to see a 37 ping. :p

I'd give you some advice, but I barely know anything about most of the cast lol >_<. Filia has been my main since the game released and I pretty much only played her until recently where I decided to throw in Valentine and Double in there. I also had to go out as soon as we were done, so I didn't get a lot of time to think about the matches while they were still fresh in my mind.

I should get around to recording matches.

-

edit: anyone want to play?

Kioshen

Peacock's qcb.H is basically Vajra. That's why I added her in. Actually, this team, as-is, is Sentinel/Blackheart/Captain Commando for me. It's hilarious that Marvel can't allow this despite having many more characters. I would love to play Sentinel/Dormammu/CapCom again. :-(

Next time we play I think I'll Peacock too. You've shown me how good that assist can be for either lockdown or keep away.

I am difficult to offend, always be honest.

Noted but it's more like I'm a little unsure that I can give out advice to people when I'm so scrubby myself during matches.

My assist usage is coming along slowly because of the weird button placement. I'm not used to using all 8 buttons on my stick. So right now my assist calls are a little "robotic". I appreciate that criticism, though.

You know that you can call assists by pressing LP + MK or LK + MP for A1 and MP + HK or MK + HP for A2 ? I only use 6 buttons myself and it's easier to incorporate into block strings I think.

I've only played Parasoul three times, so I'm still learning how she works. I default to spamming projectiles with her because it's comfortable and easy. I actually don't know what I should generally be going for with her. Advice from Parasoul players is welcome. SolarPowered schooled me a bunch with her, but it's all kind of a blur now!

That explains a lot but I wasn't confortable either with Cerebella either hehe. I played her really basic. I approach it like she was Zangief with lots of armor and go to town with it. I learned as we played. You really got some balls to have tried to throw me that often with Parasoul. I was fumbling around trying to remember her moves but real Cerebella players won't be so lenient haha.

Ironically, I completely forgot about that move until after our matches despite it being my assist. I would throw the bombs out, you would jump, and I would seriously think "I wish she had an anti-air move" - hahaha. I will sit down with her and figure out an ABC combo in the near future.

Next time I'll put Peacock on my team so we'll both be throwing bombs :). I'll need to check out my notes but I had a simple combo for her that you could loop her laser beam super. I'll post it here when I find it.

Edit:

Also if you ever want to play AE I can play a couple of characters to give you match experience.

Next time we play I think I'll Peacock too. You've shown me how good that assist can be for either lockdown or keep away.
SolarPowered showed me - a little learning circle, we are. It's really annoying as Painwheel.

You know that you can call assists by pressing LP + MK or LK + MP for A1 and MP + HK or MK + HP for A2 ? I only use 6 buttons myself and it's easier to incorporate into block strings I think.
I do know this, but that seems harder than getting used to 8 buttons. I might fiddle with it. I went with the 8 buttons because that's what Duckator told me he does, and who am I to argue with the best?

That explains a lot but I wasn't confortable either with Cerebella either hehe. I played her really basic. I approach it like she was Zangief with lots of armor and go to town with it. I learned as we played. You really got some balls to have tried to throw me that often with Parasoul. I was fumbling around trying to remember her moves but real Cerebella players won't be so lenient haha.
I go for a lot of throws in this and Street Fighter, and it's funny because I never go for throws in Marvel. It's just too easy to counter throws in Marvel unless you have a great option select.

Next time I'll put Peacock on my team so we'll both be throwing bombs :). I'll need to check out my notes but I had a simple combo for her that you could loop her laser beam super. I'll post it here when I find it.
Cool!

Edit:

Also if you ever want to play AE I can play a couple of characters to give you match experience.
I'm good for it any time. I'm taking a break from Marvel and learning some other games.

Sigh, it seems we can't get a good connection going. Try inviting me and see if that makes a difference, not hat I expect anything.
GGs. The connection was not great, but it was bearable. The key is moving the input latency to Skullgirls' recommended level. The reason we couldn't do anything the first match is that GGPO reverts to previous states after the latency period has passed. So if there's 5ms of lag, but we have it set to 0, then GGPO is resetting constantly and we're losing our inputs. Once I set it to 5ms of lag, I never had a dropped input (though the delay is noticeable). A tip for your future matches!
Or invest in a better connection, haha.

It was interesting to see how effective trolling with Painwheel + Shadow of Impending Doom was against Painwheel. I added Peacock to the team partially for that matchup, so it was good to see that it's so effective. I definitely recommend swapping to it over your cannonball assist, which isn't very good for Painwheel (everyone is already jumping into the air to hit her). Painwheel needs vertical coverage, kind of like Sentinel in Marvel 2.

If I could offer one big piece of advice, it would be to stop doing random hypers. It got you killed a lot.

Also, I really love your PSN avatar.

NEO0MJ

It was interesting to see how effective trolling with Painwheel + Shadow of Impending Doom was against Painwheel. I added Peacock to the team partially for that matchup, so it was good to see that it's so effective. I definitely recommend swapping to it over your cannonball assist, which isn't very good for Painwheel (everyone is already jumping into the air to hit her). Painwheel needs vertical coverage, kind of like Sentinel in Marvel 2.

If I could offer one big piece of advice, it would be to stop doing random hypers. It got you killed a lot.

Also, I really love your PSN avatar.

Good games indeed. And nice to know it was at least tolerable. I don't think my connection issues can be fixed, though, after all, look at where I'm located.

I actually chose that assist by mistake but I never bothered to fix it after our first match, I originally wanted shadow of impeding doom. And yeah, I noticed how often I try to get lucky with supers. Does the person who counters with a super always win? I noticed that a lot when I tried to use death crawl and then you counter with death crawl.

Wish I had a good ability to handle pressure, but that's something you can only learn through experience. Those grabs always get me.

Good games indeed. And nice to know it was at least tolerable. I don't think my connection issues can be fixed, though, after all, look at where I'm located.

I actually chose that assist by mistake but I never bothered to fix it after our first match, I originally wanted shadow of impeding doom. And yeah, I noticed how often I try to get lucky with supers. Does the person who counters with a super always win? I noticed that a lot when I tried to use death crawl and then you counter with death crawl.

Wish I had a good ability to handle pressure, but that's something you can only learn through experience. Those grabs always get me.
You tech my grabs a lot more than most people. I have a bad habit of not going for lows, haha. I started to do that more, and then my grabs became more powerful again. It's all about grab vs. low for painwheel.

All hypers have different frames of invincibility (some none, I imagine), but the general rule I've seen is that whoever goes second wins, because the first person runs out of invincibility frames first. I'm sure someone more experienced in the game can tell us the exceptions.

Where are you located?

I'm actually not 100% set on Parasoul. I've come to really like Peacock's gameplay, but I'm just so bad with Parasoul, and her dash drives me nuts. I hate double tapping! I've thought about Double as my third, because her assist is super good for Peacock, and I always have a ton of meter thanks to Painwheel. I think that the best thing about Parasoul's assist (forgot the name) is that it makes it hard to reset Painwheel since it clears the air for me. Otherwise, I feel like Peacock's Shadow of Impending Doom actually does a better job in the neutral, and it just has a ton of uses for Painwheel. Once the patch comes, it will be even more vicious since Painwheel can fly-cancel her projectiles. Squiggly doesn't really appeal to me thus far, unfortunately.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I know Ravidrath already answered this in the past, but I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction/post. For the IndieGoGo physical rewards address, is there a way to change the shipping address after we've submitted it? I'll be moving in the coming months, so I need to switch the address.

Do you know what I would love? A gif of Valentine using her throw (gas mask) on someone with the subtitle: "Shhh, it's time to stop posting."

Does anyone here have the talent to make that happen for me? :-D

Edit: Quick, what are the top 5 invincible assists in this game?

Ken

Do you know what I would love? A gif of Valentine using her throw (gas mask) on someone with the subtitle: "Shhh, it's time to stop posting."

Does anyone here have the talent to make that happen for me? :-D

napalm pillar hk is dumb

BillyBones

Neo Member

Quick rundown of the most popular assists:

Filia: Updo. Great DP assist, probably the best at controlling the vertical space directly in front of you. It blows up a bunch of stuff and can be used to counter call a lot of things. Not as awesome as Psylocke, but close.

Parasoul: Napalm Pillar. See Filia updo. People call this the capcom to updo's Psylocke, but it doesn't control nearly as much space as Cap did. Also, so many things have armor in this game, even Cap would have some issues.

Double: Hornet Bomber. The best at controlling horizontal space. Surprisingly difficult to counter call or punish.

Cerebella: Lock n' Load. Good at controlling horizontal space. This one is a counter call machine and one of the best assists if you're going against a peacock (see also Titan knuckle,) especially one backed by hornet bomber.

Cerebella: Cere-copter. Not as good as you think it would be. It causes a bunch of damage and a great deal of blockstun, so at first glance you think it'll be like cyclops in mvc2. But, it gets blown up and counter called pretty easily. Startup is slow and so is recovery. Even if you land it, any combo you connect to it is going to be scaled for days.

NEO0MJ

Where are you located?

I'm actually not 100% set on Parasoul. I've come to really like Peacock's gameplay, but I'm just so bad with Parasoul, and her dash drives me nuts. I hate double tapping!

I'm in the middle east, so that's why our connection was not so good. Still, it's better than most other games.

And I felt your Parasoul was pretty good, and her assist was terrifying.

Kioshen

Quick rundown of the most popular assists:

Filia: Updo. Great DP assist, probably the best at controlling the vertical space directly in front of you. It blows up a bunch of stuff and can be used to counter call a lot of things. Not as awesome as Psylocke, but close.

Parasoul: Napalm Pillar. See Filia updo. People call this the capcom to updo's Psylocke, but it doesn't control nearly as much space as Cap did. Also, so many things have armor in this game, even Cap would have some issues.

Double: Hornet Bomber. The best at controlling horizontal space. Surprisingly difficult to counter call or punish.

Cerebella: Lock n' Load. Good at controlling horizontal space. This one is a counter call machine and one of the best assists if you're going against a peacock (see also Titan knuckle,) especially one backed by hornet bomber.

Cerebella: Cere-copter. Not as good as you think it would be. It causes a bunch of damage and a great deal of blockstun, so at first glance you think it'll be like cyclops in mvc2. But, it gets blown up and counter called pretty easily. Startup is slow and so is recovery. Even if you land it, any combo you connect to it is going to be scaled for days.

While these are popular assist, Cere-Copter is not invincible at all and neither is Lock n' Load but it has points of armor depending on the version which is what he asked. Double's Hornet Bomber also has now varying frames of invul. after 1.01 :

• LK version is now invincible through first active frame and won't trade.
  • MK version is now invincible up to first active frame and will trade.
  • HK version is not invincible and will get stuffed.
  • All versions lose active hitbox during descent, until landing.

Edit:
I know Ravidrath already answered this in the past, but I was hoping that someone could point me in the right direction/post. For the IndieGoGo physical rewards address, is there a way to change the shipping address after we've submitted it? I'll be moving in the coming months, so I need to switch the address.

Here's the instructions straight from the horse's mouth. It's all through the humble bundle page.

Do not underestimate lk and hk Napalm pillars for horizontal pressure and domination. I seriously suggest that you try this out, Karsticles. I personally think it's more useful than hornet bomber for someone like Painwheel. It comes out fast and it's a two stage assist that only goes away when it detonates causing an extended hitstun stage. Very very useful for building pressure and pushing someone into a corner. It's a simple assist, but deadly with it's delayed attack.

If you do plan on using Peacock then her item drops will come in handy for protection in the vertical angle.

I'm in the middle east, so that's why our connection was not so good. Still, it's better than most other games.

And I felt your Parasoul was pretty good, and her assist was terrifying.
Well damn, from the Middle East that's a really impressive connection! Thank you for the Parasoul compliment, but I feel very inadequate with her. My Peacock is better and I've only been using her for a few days. -_-

While these are popular assist, Cere-Copter is not invincible at all and neither is Lock n' Load but it has points of armor depending on the version which is what he asked. Double's Hornet Bomber also has now varying frames of invul. after 1.01 :

• LK version is now invincible through first active frame and won't trade.
  • MK version is now invincible up to first active frame and will trade.
  • HK version is not invincible and will get stuffed.
  • All versions lose active hitbox during descent, until landing.
Thank you! Which version do Peacock players usually use?

Do not underestimate lk and hk Napalm pillars for horizontal pressure and domination. I seriously suggest that you try this out, Karsticles. I personally think it's more useful than hornet bomber for someone like Painwheel. It comes out fast and it's a two stage assist that only goes away when it detonates causing an extended hitstun stage. Very very useful for building pressure and pushing someone into a corner. It's a simple assist, but deadly with it's delayed attack.

If you do plan on using Peacock then her item drops will come in handy for protection in the vertical angle.
Do you mean Napalm Shot?

My concern is actually less about Painwheel and more about what happens after Painwheel dies. I don't feel like Parasoul gives Peacock much. Regardless, I'd just like to experiment and see what's out there. This team is almost certainly temporary since I really want to play Eliza. Eliza better have a good reversal...

Oh yeah, and with Peacock, if I decide to hold SoID H, what should my gameplan be while I'm holding H?

Most Peacocks use the weak version. The heavy version just isn't as stupid as it was before.
Do you mean Napalm Shot?

My concern is actually less about Painwheel and more about what happens after Painwheel dies. I don't feel like Parasoul gives Peacock much. Regardless, I'd just like to experiment and see what's out there. This team is almost certainly temporary since I really want to play Eliza. Eliza better have a good reversal...

Oh yeah, and with Peacock, if I decide to hold SoID H, what should my gameplan be while I'm holding H?
What the hell... I hate when I miss obvious stuff like that. Yeah, I'm talking about Napalm shot. It's extremely useful. The shots and her motorcycle are severely underrated horizontal assists that good players have used to wreck me before. For Peacock...when you hold her heavy item drop you want to mix your opponent up a bunch using assists and her air normals. You can IAD using her jumping normals like her jumping light punch, heavy kick(which tosses Avery out) and her medium kick which causes a high-low mixup thanks to her bear trap of a mouth.

Can you get on right now?

Most Peacocks use the weak version. The heavy version just isn't as stupid as it was before.

What the hell... I hate when I miss obvious stuff like that. Yeah, I'm talking about Napalm shot. It's extremely useful. The shots and her motorcycle are severely underrated horizontal assists that good players have used to wreck me before. For Peacock...when you hold her heavy item drop you want to mix your opponent up a bunch using assists and her air normals. You can IAD using her jumping normals like her jumping light punch, heavy kick(which tosses Avery out) and her medium kick which causes a high-low mixup thanks to her bear trap of a mouth.

Can you get on right now?
What about the medium version? I think I might swap Parasoul out for Double for a bit and see how I like it. Hornet Bomber looks like it provides a lot for Parasoul, and it's definitely better for Peacock.

I have looked at Parasoul's other assists, but my goal is to find a reversal for Painwheel (since she can't escape pressure well) that has uses outside of being a reversal. Hornet Bomber M looks to fit this bill (invincibility, pins, pushback for Peacock). If I were playing Peacock on point I would definitely look at Parasoul's shots and motorcycle for her, but for Painwheel I need that reversal to stop Filia. No one plays Ms. Fortune, so who knows what I need against her - lol.

I just spent the last hour in training mode, and I need to do some work unfortunately. Platinum_Milk was on and looking for an opponent, though.

Anyone have Double tips? I don't quite get what you're supposed to do with her. Item Drop is unsafe, right?

Kioshen

Anyone have Double tips? I don't quite get what you're supposed to do with her. Item Drop is unsafe, right?

I don't know much about her but I know Keninblack recently posted an optimized corner combo for her. Sensitive eyes beware.

By the way, the author of the incredible Cerebella guide posted over at Skullheart is running an indiegogo campaign to get to his first Evo. If you ever wanted some training on her from the horse's mouth now's your chance. If the top heavy grappler doesn't strike your fancy, Guitalex (that godlike Mrs. Fortune player) offered to do the same thing but for any other character if you donate to him. There's 33 hours left at the time of this posting.

I don't know much about her but I know Keninblack recently posted an optimized corner combo for her. Sensitive eyes beware.

By the way, the author of the incredible Cerebella guide posted over at Skullheart is running an indiegogo campaign to get to his first Evo. If you ever wanted some training on her from the horse's mouth now's your chance. If the top heavy grappler doesn't strike your fancy, Guitalex (that godlike Mrs. Fortune player) offered to do the same thing but for any other character if you donate to him. There's 33 hours left at the time of this posting.
Thanks for the info.

In terms of high-level training, Duckator plays at my locals. I think I'm covered if I want to get my ass kicked for a while, haha. :p

What about the medium version? I think I might swap Parasoul out for Double for a bit and see how I like it. Hornet Bomber looks like it provides a lot for Parasoul, and it's definitely better for Peacock.

I have looked at Parasoul's other assists, but my goal is to find a reversal for Painwheel (since she can't escape pressure well) that has uses outside of being a reversal. Hornet Bomber M looks to fit this bill (invincibility, pins, pushback for Peacock). If I were playing Peacock on point I would definitely look at Parasoul's shots and motorcycle for her, but for Painwheel I need that reversal to stop Filia. No one plays Ms. Fortune, so who knows what I need against her - lol.

I just spent the last hour in training mode, and I need to do some work unfortunately. Platinum_Milk was on and looking for an opponent, though.

* Medium hornet bomber is a good place to be. It doesn't have as many active frames to punish as heavy version and it knocks back a little further.

*Stopping Filia is just going to require straight up invul and complete vertical protection if you can't block her. That is why it's good to have a pillar or invul DP reversal. I don't think Hornet bomber is doing to stop her when your Peacock dies. That is where you'll have to legitimately outplay your opponent with Painwheel (I'm assuming you'd keep Double as an anchor here). Point Peacock with hornet bomber is fine. She'll put Filia in her place.

*Fighting Ms. Fortune means you have to punish her head tremendously while playing super honest with good fundamentals. You have to watch for her overheads and bait lots of DPs. Parasoul, Double and Peacock are excellent choices against Ms.Fortune because they negate her headless game almost completely using medium napalm shot/motorcade hyper, Peacock's bomb super/walking/car bombs and cat heads/jumping heavy punch. I haven't met any Fortunes who can consistently get past my Parasoul once I start spamming car bombs with Peacock on point and Parasoul's napalm pillar. The same can be said for Parasoul's medium napalm shots backed by Peacock's bomb assists.

*Double is your anchor. You want to build meter for DHCs into catellites. If you want to make a blockstring of any kind safe then super into catellites. If you want to cross your opponent up then DHC into catellites and start spamming assists while dashing forwards and backwards until their guard breaks. Her level 3 is scary as hell too because it scales better than most supers making it an ideal way to close a match out even if you are using it after a super long combo. She is like Parasoul in that regard since Parasoul's inferno brigade does good damage even after long combos.

I just asked to fight you because I wanted to use the napalm shot assist instead of the pillar.

* Medium hornet bomber is a good place to be. It doesn't have as many active frames to punish as heavy version and it knocks back a little further.

*Stopping Filia is just going to require straight up invul and complete vertical protection if you can't block her. That is why it's good to have a pillar or invul DP reversal. I don't think Hornet bomber is doing to stop her when your Peacock dies. That is where you'll have to legitimately outplay your opponent with Painwheel (I'm assuming you'd keep Double as an anchor here). Point Peacock with hornet bomber is fine. She'll put Filia in her place.

*Fighting Ms. Fortune means you have to punish her head tremendously while playing super honest with good fundamentals. You have to watch for her overheads and bait lots of DPs. Parasoul, Double and Peacock are excellent choices against Ms.Fortune because they negate her headless game almost completely using medium napalm shot/motorcade hyper, Peacock's bomb super/walking/car bombs and cat heads/jumping heavy punch. I haven't met any Fortunes who can consistently get past my Parasoul once I start spamming car bombs with Peacock on point and Parasoul's napalm pillar. The same can be said for Parasoul's medium napalm shots backed by Peacock's bomb assists.

*Double is your anchor. You want to build meter for DHCs into catellites. If you want to make a blockstring of any kind safe then super into catellites. If you want to cross your opponent up then DHC into catellites and start spamming assists while dashing forwards and backwards until their guard breaks. Her level 3 is scary as hell too because it scales better than most supers making it an ideal way to close a match out even if you are using it after a super long combo. She is like Parasoul in that regard since Parasoul's inferno brigade does good damage even after long combos.

I just asked to fight you because I wanted to use the napalm shot assist instead of the pillar.
Thanks for all that. I know Napalm Shot is good, it's just not what I need for Painwheel. I would love to play you again, but I'd like to have a feel for all 3 of my characters a bit more so I can pose more of a challenge.

Beats

I'm not really feeling Double. I mean Hornet Bomber is good, but I'm not sure if I like her all that much. I think it's her movement. >.<

Kioshen

Good god I'm so free right now :'(. I should have kept my mouth shut and practice in the lab like a good boy ... nooooo I had to poke the hornet's nest. GGs to Beats (dat 19 ping) and Solar.

@Beats

Your Filia is scary as fuck man (pardon my french). I froze up most of the time, the pressure killed me big time. The few times I got a solid hit I fumbled whatever I was trying to do because of nerves. Your Valentine is coming along nicely keep it up. I tried as hard as I could to find a normal that could at least trade AA to keep you honest but ended up at a lost. I swear those random flippy arms supers were attempts at DP AA :/.

@Solar

Dat Parasoul range ugh ... that lockdown was something to behold. It was the first time I played against a Parasoul so I had to learn fast her ranges and normals. My Filia needs some movement practice because I'm not gonna survive for very long at this rate with all that pressure. I tried to wave dash like marvel and yeah that didn't work lol. Those dropped combos costed me a lot of opportunities too. I did snuck some american resets here and there but that's about it. That last match was a real heart breaker I'm telling ya. I was like hell yes will I finally finish a god damn combo tonight for the victory ... NOPE :(.

---------------

I'm actually surprised at how much work my scrubby Cerebella did tonight. I explored a lot of her tools and I guessed correctly the correct ranges for her two close command grabs.

Dat Parasoul range ugh ... that lockdown was something to behold. It was the first time I played against a Parasoul so I had to learn fast her ranges and normals. My Filia needs some movement practice because I'm not gonna survive for very long at this rate with all that pressure. I tried to wave dash like marvel and yeah that didn't work lol. Those dropped combos costed me a lot of opportunities too. I did snuck some american resets here and there but that's about it. That last match was a real heart breaker I'm telling ya. I was like hell yes will I finally finish a god damn combo tonight for the victory ... NOPE :(.

---------------

I'm actually surprised at how much work my scrubby Cerebella did tonight. I explored a lot of her tools and I guessed correctly the correct ranges for her two close command grabs.
Way to slap me in the face.
lol

Beats

I ate so many of those command grabs. Your Filia needs to be a bit more aggressive I think. Gotta practice those instant hairdashes. You can try stuff like j.LP > j.LK > (j.HK or cr.LK), j.LK > (j.HK or cr.LK) and j.HP > (j.HK or cr.LK). There's also dash jumping then airdashing as another movement option. Try not to throw out cr.MK with Filia too much also since it's not that safe. You can check if what you're doing is safe on block by going in training mode and record something fast like a st.LP then set the dummy playback to "as reversal".

I was terrible tonight. Combos were dropped everywhere. I think I'm just jittery between all the coffee I've consumed today while watching Hokuto no Ken. On the other hand, my Guilty Gear training sessions were pretty damn good for some reason.

You guys should consider doing a fusion dance with Karsticles. Beats' combos with Karsticles fundamentals ought to be fun.

Real talk, you should think about dropping ten for Zidiane's EVO campaign on IGG, Kioshen. I know it may sound silly at first, but getting lessons from America's star Yolobella would do you some SERIOUS good.
Way to slap me in the face.
lol
Well errr hum yeah you know what I mean, dawg !
right ?
zk1hxk.jpg

Kioshen

I ate so many of those command grabs. Your Filia needs to be a bit more aggressive I think. Gotta practice those instant hairdashes. You can try stuff like j.LP > j.LK > (j.HK or cr.LK), j.LK > (j.HK or cr.LK) and j.HP > (j.HK or cr.LK). There's also dash jumping then airdashing as another movement option. Try not to throw out cr.MK with Filia too much also since it's not that safe. You can check if what you're doing is safe on block by going in training mode and record something fast like a st.LP then set the dummy playback to "as reversal".

That was I about to do in the training room but I didn't have enough time before you sent me a match request which was totally fine since I need match experience to spot what to work on. Problem is that it's nearly everything lol.

I know cr.MK is safe-ish but I was supposed to hit confirm that. If it doesn't, call Cerecopter, cr.HP and then mix up from there. That didn't happen much.

I was terrible tonight. Combos were dropped everywhere. I think I'm just jittery between all the coffee I've consumed today while watching Hokuto no Ken. On the other hand, my Guilty Gear training sessions were pretty damn good for some reason.

But those strings never ended :(. I need to find another thing to do other than IAD HP with Filia hehe. I tried doing IAD LK,HK but I didn't know the range so I usually did it too far away. After around match 8 I think my neutral game started to get better and we had actual matches going on.

You guys should consider doing a fusion dance with Karsticles. Beats' combos with Karsticles fundamentals ought to be fun.

If that ever happens it'd just leave the stick there and go drink a cup of tea or something. I'd never get to play ever.

Real talk, you should think about dropping ten for Zidiane's EVO campaign on IGG, Kioshen. I know it may sound silly at first, but getting lessons from America's star Yolobella would do you some SERIOUS good.

Pfft why should I help that poor shmuck?
I already pledged 40$. He did an incredible job with that guide and deserves it. I get a FT25 with a tech builder so that will be helpful garanteed. The more I play of that character the more I like her so that was a nice opportunity.

He just jump back Fierce all day anyway ...
I swear I didn't mean no disrespect by that comment for Karst ;_;

Beckx

God I love this game. Played a long set with a friend last night and SG seems to click with me.

Need to play you guys soon so I can have the illusion of competence wiped away. Alternating between Solobella and Bella/Peacock (even though the sum total of my Peacock is just filling the screen with garbage).

Sorry for the double post but I think that deserves one ...

Apparently the PC beta has been delayed until June 24th.

Speaking from experience, functionality testing takes time, so the fact that it's the reason for the delay is totally understandable.

Basically, a small set of people have to run installs of the game many times, check that everything in the game works as intended without any issues, and make sure that the uninstaller doesn't delete boot.ini. And other stuff.

The game having a controller bug where the game swaps configurations (which is a bug in Injustice) is an example of what happens without sufficient func testing. :p

But those strings never ended :(. I need to find another thing to do other than IAD HP with Filia hehe. I tried doing IAD LK,HK but I didn't know the range so I usually did it too far away. After around match 8 I think my neutral game started to get better and we had actual matches going on.
What I wonder is why you let any distance build between me and your Filia. You were all about breaking in with Cerebella's run cancels, kanchos and battletoads ram, but you kept nearly full stage distance between me and your Filia many times. Why would you do that? If I were actually on point I would have blasted you away with Napalm shots last night.
Pfft why should I help that poor shmuck?
I already pledged 40$. He did an incredible job with that guide and deserves it. I get a FT25 with a tech builder so that will be helpful garanteed. The more I play of that character the more I like her so that was a nice opportunity.
Please tell me you have some way to record the matches you are going to fight. Part of why I improved so much came straight up from replaying my match videos against Disco, Nekro and Skyking. It was raw and annoying, but I got to see my largest weaknesses being put on blast. Seriously, last year's Solarpowered would have lost quite a few matches to you.
Sorry for the double post but I think that deserves one ...

Apparently the PC beta has been delayed until June 24th.
I was going to say that I was disappointed, but that is a week's delay lol.

I just want them to hit the PC market before other fighting games. If they'd hit months ago they'd be raking in money as one of only the only three fighting games on PC. I don't want KOF or any other fighting games eating up money that should be coming to SG first...
God I love this game. Played a long set with a friend last night and SG seems to click with me.

Need to play you guys soon so I can have the illusion of competence wiped away. Alternating between Solobella and Bella/Peacock (even though the sum total of my Peacock is just filling the screen with garbage).
Sounds like you are slightly confused about how you are supposed to be playing Peacock. What you are doing is perfectly appropriate. Hell, I'd encourage it.

Kioshen

So I totally swiped this Filia combo from McPeanuts from watching the GUTS2 archive. Though I'd share because it looks cool ... and because it's a follow up from a punish Gregor Samson. I might have transcribed it wrong but when I'll come home I'll test it out. Looks less finicky than the one I was aiming for but not sure where IPS will kick in if started from a light confirm.

qcb pp
cr.MP, HP
j.MK xx qcbHK, ADF, j.MP, j.HK
MK, HP
j.LK, j.MP, j.MK xx qcbHK
LK, MP, HP
j.LP, j.LK, j.MP, j.MK xx qcbHK
LP, MP, HK xx qcbHK xx dp PP

What I wonder is why you let any distance build between me and your Filia. You were all about breaking in with Cerebella's run cancels, kanchos and battletoads ram, but you kept nearly full stage distance between me and your Filia many times. Why would you do that? If I were actually on point I would have blasted you away with Napalm shots last night.

I'm a SF player in heart and soul with a tendency on Zoning/Keepaway. IAD and high mobility options give me lots of trouble. Using armor to brute force myself in with Cerebella is really another ballgame when you compare what Filia has to do instead. Each time I tried going in with Filia I was met with far reaching AA normals or my ankles got clipped with a napalm shot. I'm totally out of my confort zone using a RTSD character but that's the point. It's growing pains but I'll get there. After a while I kept my distance because I just didn't know how to approach :/.

Please tell me you have some way to record the matches you are going to fight. Part of why I improved so much came straight up from replaying my match videos against Disco, Nekro and Skyking. It was raw and annoying, but I got to see my largest weaknesses being put on blast. Seriously, last year's Solarpowered would have lost quite a few matches to you.

I got nothing to record at the moment but yes I'll try to find some something to record one way or another. I also won't cash in that trainingmauling session right away. I still don't have any bnb in muscle memory let alone reset setups lol.

I was going to say that I was disappointed, but that is a week's delay lol.

I just want them to hit the PC market before other fighting games. If they'd hit months ago they'd be raking in money as one of only the only three fighting games on PC. I don't want KOF or any other fighting games eating up money that should be coming to SG first...

I was going to say that too but yeah it's only a weeks delay. I'm not that in a hurry hehe. Hopefully they'll be able to secure those tf2 hats too.

On another note I hope Ravidrath is doing ok, haven't seen him around for a while now.

Beckx

Sounds like you are slightly confused about how you are supposed to be playing Peacock. What you are doing is perfectly appropriate. Hell, I'd encourage it.

I know, but I should probably have something planned when I'm close range other than panicking. :p

Does anyone use her tracking item summon as a hidden missiles type assist or is it worthless?

He just jump back Fierce all day anyway ...
I swear I didn't mean no disrespect by that comment for Karst ;_;
LOL. It's cool, I know my Parasoul sucks. When my brain doesn't know how to handle a situation I tend to default to "jump away and use a big normal to create space". I'm also used to people mocking me when I fail. It's part of being a "know it all" - everyone gets happy and excited when you are wrong, or don't know something.

I know, but I should probably have something planned when I'm close range other than panicking. :p

Does anyone use her tracking item summon as a hidden missiles type assist or is it worthless?
Both SolarPowered and I use that assist, I thought.

So I totally swiped this Filia combo from McPeanuts from watching the GUTS2 archive. Though I'd share because it looks cool ... and because it's a follow up from a punish Gregor Samson. I might have transcribed it wrong but when I'll come home I'll test it out. Looks less finicky than the one I was aiming for but not sure where IPS will kick in if started from a light confirm.

qcb pp
cr.MP, HP
j.MK xx qcbHK, ADF, j.MP, j.HK
MK, HP
j.LK, j.MP, j.MK xx qcbHK
LK, MP, HP
j.LP, j.LK, j.MP, j.MK xx qcbHK
LP, MP, HK xx qcbHK xx dp PP

I'm a SF player in heart and soul with a tendency on Zoning/Keepaway. IAD and high mobility options give me lots of trouble. Using armor to brute force myself in with Cerebella is really another ballgame when you compare what Filia has to do instead. Each time I tried going in with Filia I was met with far reaching AA normals or my ankles got clipped with a napalm shot. I'm totally out of my confort zone using a RTSD character but that's the point. It's growing pains but I'll get there. After a while I kept my distance because I just didn't know how to approach :/.

The combo looks like the usual BnB just adapted to combo after super. Seems relatively simple enough.

Also, maybe a better Fillia player will say otherwise, but personally, I find the airball a great mobility tool that you shouldn't underestimate because of its angles and dash cancel ability. It's how I get around Peacocks.

I wouldn't know what to do with her either. She has combos, lots of ways to make her blockstrings safe and a ton of IAD pressure, but I just can't use the character myself.
I got nothing to record at the moment but yes I'll try to find some something to record one way or another. I also won't cash in that trainingmauling session right away. I still don't have any bnb in muscle memory let alone reset setups lol.
Good

Your Cerebella will probably go much farther than your Filia.
On another note I hope Ravidrath is doing ok, haven't seen him around for a while now.
He is probably busy as hell with the IGG, Japan, character DLC and PC stuff.
Tons of people use it. Honestly, I have a hard time imagining a game where a hidden missiles type of assist is "worthless". Maybe it'd be a game full of 3S parries or something.

It's fast, it tracks, it OTGs, it combo extends and it is an overhead. It's just not broken like Doom's missiles.
LOL. It's cool, I know my Parasoul sucks. When my brain doesn't know how to handle a situation I tend to default to "jump away and use a big normal to create space". I'm also used to people mocking me when I fail. It's part of being a "know it all" - everyone gets happy and excited when you are wrong, or don't know something.
I just thought 60s Spiderman was funny...

Top Bottom