• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

That is ass.

Mikey pls
Just gotta be patient for those Painwheel buffs...

It could be anyone, really. I never thought I'd play a keepaway character like Peacock and here I am. Things could change a lot with the upcoming five new characters.
I dig.

Mike may not care too much about the canon situation so who knows. It is pretty likely that they'll work well enough together if he turns out to be anything Magneto, though.
His inspiration is Doom, so...maybe. It would be great if he had a tracking eye laser assist. Just a small blip on the screen to keep it reasonable. Like an angled version of Peacock's item drop.

You've never seen her NOM loops? Girl was chewing away at everyone's patience in Vanilla edition. She was one of THE contenders for top tier even with Double's insane tools.
What are Double's insane tools? I just don't get her aside from calling the cats heads in and spamming mix-ups.

We'll see about that. She used to be terrifying, but then I realized how stupid everyone else in this game is.
Needs to be able to block during flight. :-D

SRK links breaking is the worst. It happened to me a couple of times and I basically just stopped linking the site altogether.
I feel like the FGC needs a new fighting game website.

Nyoro SF

EventHubs is going to replace their forum software soon.

But what's unfortunate is that forums are dying and being replaced with Facebook groups/pages and Twitter. Even if we at EH replace our forums, it likely won't change much, we're just bringing our standard up.

At the very least, we won't randomly switch forum software on people and break all their links. :p

EDIT: And that goes for our news too. You can still reference our stories from 2008.

His inspiration is Doom, so...maybe. It would be great if he had a tracking eye laser assist. Just a small blip on the screen to keep it reasonable. Like an angled version of Peacock's item drop.
Weaksauce

It should be Dizzy's fish instead. Fullscreen laser that causes wall stick. Yes, I like this idea. Honestly, that fits Annie just as much. SG will have lots of pew pew pew in the future, I imagine.
What are Double's insane tools? I just don't get her aside from calling the cats heads in and spamming mix-ups.
*Catheads make just about anything safe and you can gain meter while hitting them or mixing them up
*Fullscreen hit confirm into bionic car not to mention it having full invul
*Can combo after the car iirc
*Tag in is two stage with final being overhead
*Her level 3 may be the most damaging in the game and the scaling on it is beautiful no mater how long the combo (seriously, I've never seen it scale badly)
*Her Dash can make it through a lot of nonsense like any other teleport (Demitri, Hsien-Ko)
*Obviously one of the better assists in the game with hornet bomber
*Easiest left-rights in the game using cat heads
*Excellent length combos if you can get the touch
*Her heavy weight causes strange drops and such. I've seen it happen here and there

Her weakness is probably how disorienting she can be with the morphing and no dash. I honestly get overwhelmed mid-stage with her and Painwheel. I just don't know how to use them there. Double on the other hand is much easier to combo with in the corner. Even my lazy ass can get a decent combo going without having to spend meter.

Her cat heads, level 3 and hornet bomber were even better all around in vanilla version which had her basically taking the top spot. Only Ms.Fortune's NOM loop nonsense could make a dent in that tier ranking. Not that the others were terrible.
Needs to be able to block during flight. :-D
Nah

Hatred install putting on one hit of super armor on flight might be interesting though.
We needed one forever ago.

alstein

EventHubs is going to replace their forum software soon.

But what's unfortunate is that forums are dying and being replaced with Facebook groups/pages and Twitter. Even if we at EH replace our forums, it likely won't change much, we're just bringing our standard up.

At the very least, we won't randomly switch forum software on people and break all their links. :p

EDIT: And that goes for our news too. You can still reference our stories from 2008.

GAF pretty much has replaced SRK and the other FG sites for me, with the exception of VFDC.

Now, the question before I put it on my list of things to use at EVO is, did this ever become common enough that everyone pre-emptively defends against it now or is this still worth using sparingly?

Kioshen

Now, the question before I put it on my list of things to use at EVO is, did this ever become common enough that everyone pre-emptively defends against it now or is this still worth using sparingly?

Now that I really don't know since I didn't follow the metagame like say Dahbomb would. What you could do is to do the j.LP restand but instead of doing US, swap it out for Excellebella + assist call. It's safer, less meter intensive and you'll know if they have a tendency to jump.

If they don't jump then do US after j.HK restand for a better overall damage.

Why can't I think of that during matches :(.

Too much hitstun on jHK makes it extremely obvious what you're going for. With jLP you just land and do super for a reset inmediately making it unreactable; no such thing with jHK.

Against a good player? It probably won't work very often and you'll get punished for it.

People who instinctively upback are never gonna fall for it. On a good day I'd be jumping away from that all day. What I'd like to see down the road is an unblockable AA grab super when more characters are added. It'd be hilarious seeing people jump and still get caught by a DHC AA super grab haha.

Beckx

Against a good player? It probably won't work very often and you'll get punished for it.

People who instinctively upback are never gonna fall for it. On a good day I'd be jumping away from that all day. What I'd like to see down the road is an unblockable AA grab super when more characters are added. It'd be hilarious seeing people jump and still get caught by a DHC AA super grab haha.

Well, MikeZ loves him some Potemkin.

Krackatoa

This is a game where everyone wants to hold chicken-block (Hold up and back) almost as often as blocking low. A seasoned opponent will always be sniffing for that tick-US. Like Kioshen said, if you don't think they're mashing super, Anti-Air Grab + Assist Call as the default to scoop 'em.

You can also call an Assist that will give them enough time to drop out of the combo, but not give them enough time to leave pre-jump frames. After that, you can hit them with a cr.LK. If they're reacting to the assist with crouch-block, as they should, do instant air Elbow Drop. :D

Beats

Good games man.

You're really good. Trying to guess what you were going to do once you got going with Painwheel was so hard. >.<

Good games man.

You're really good. Trying to guess what you were going to do once you got going with Painwheel was so hard. >.<

Thanks. GGs to you too. Your Filia's no joke; I should have definitely snapped her in more often.

So uh, what was the deal with Diamonds are Forever canceling into Hatred Install in that one round? I don't remember being able to do that before. Is that just something about DHCs that I overlooked up to this point?

Edit: Yep, automatically scales the second one to 2 meters. I must have gotten my inputs mixed up or something, since that wasn't what I was going for. I would have thought I'd see stuff like that before. Guess that means I need to play more often.

Note to self: Don't ask in the streamchat if you missed the new changes to the build in the future. Does not exactly go smoothly. I'll just check the archives tomorrow to see the new stuff. :S

wildfire

Banned
I've yet to see someone make good use of it. Whenever someone goes into it I just do what I do in unknown situations, and block. Then it does some crappy chip and we go back to playing.

Sometimes you are in the middle of a move and can't block. The damage can be really crazy.

Skip to 2:50 in this vod. http://www.twitch.tv/deadly_bison/b/317790796

A ratio 3 peacock gets one shotted from full health by a ratio 1 cerebella.

Seeing my work on stream and the chat giving props was really cool last night. Really cool. Also thanks Ravi for putting my handle name out in chat.

Beckx

Since the camera is locked on Squigly if she uses sing as an assist you can make a corner in the middle of the screen as it will not scroll while she is singing making new combo opportunities for all characters

Midscreen Cerecopter combos. :D

Has there ever been such an assist like Squigly's in a versus game? She is effectively a wall combo assist character no matter where you go. This changes the dynamic of everyone's midscreen game for the better in a big way.
Well, MikeZ loves him some Potemkin.
I hope he looks at the rest of Guilty Gear's characters when designing new characters. There can be a lot of great inspiration in there.
Good games man.

A good Painwheel player? My interest is piqued.
This week's shirt is nice. You can't go wrong with a Squigly shirt.
This is really useful. When did they start doing this?

Being one of the characters he particularly wants in the game (along with Beatrix, Venus, Roxie and Hubrecht) and being surprised she wasn't voted in.
Her design looks pretty unattractive, IMO.

I'm all about Brain Drain...

Edit: Actually, I think that's a list of all the worst designs I saw. Except for Beatrix (I think).

Since at least 3 weeks now.
Well I posted one of their change log May 31th but nobody mentioned it afterwards so I figured that it wasn't really needed.

I'll make sure to post it here next time I'll come across it in my rss feeds.
Color me surprised. I definitely appreciate having this around after Salty Cupcakes is done. What surprises me is that no one has stepped up to do some sort of weekly recap for Skullheart.
Man, I really dislike being forced to pick up some characters only because of their assist.
Who are you talking about?

Edit: Actually, I think that's a list of all the worst designs I saw. Except for Beatrix (I think).
Beatrix has grown on me a lot. I want to see someone who takes from Baiken in the guard cancel department and there is a lot of room for cool stuff if she is a magician of sorts.

Also, French Beatrix pls. I heard that French speaking woman on Salty and it'd fit so well.

NEO0MJ

Hey, Beatrix's design is amazing. But yeah, dat Brain Drain. I wonder if he's the mysterious cross dresser.

Hope it's soon. Is Squigly coming with the Beta or the official release?

Who are you talking about?

Just people hyping Squigly's combo potential. I'm kinda bothered by how it feels like you have to pick up some character like Filia because of how good their assists are.

So it seems like the day i get internet back may coincide with the release of the pc beta. Yay. Looking forward to wednesday.

Oh, and hi.

Not E3 related but the GIF sums up my emotion. :D

wwp1U.gif

Just people hyping Squigly's combo potential. I'm kinda bothered by how it feels like you have to pick up some character like Filia because of how good their assists are.
Uh huh

There quite a few DP style assists and lots of good horizontal assists that function close enough to her hairball.
So it seems like the day i get internet back may coincide with the release of the pc beta. Yay. Looking forward to wednesday.

Oh, and hi.
hi there
Not E3 related but the GIF sums up my emotion. :D
I'm preparing for a two week wait just in case.
what am i doing with my life
Making me laugh. You can't go wrong with that.
Just a heads up, animation on Big Band has started: http://www.twitch.tv/labzero/old

Also here is a video link going into detail on the build changes showed off on June 20: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=5Kfj7O0j9CY

Finally I thought Solarpowered would appreciate this pic I ran into (Thanks for all your hard work round these parts):
guess_who_by_mitsemegalotis-d5wo1iz.png
Sweet

Can't wait to see him evolve like Sienna (I may start calling her by her real name because Sienna>Squigly) did. Also, I thought I had you beat since I had the image since the 28th of March. Turns out this one is bigger than mine so thank you.

Where's the list of Big Band character inspiration stuff?

I know it won't turn out this way, but it would be awesome if he was basically Dormammu with a GTFO move. Musical notes instead of spell charges to play melodies...

Ravidrath

Where's the list of Big Band character inspiration stuff?

I know it won't turn out this way, but it would be awesome if he was basically Dormammu with a GTFO move. Musical notes instead of spell charges to play melodies...

"Like Q but not terrible."

A lot of his normals will probably be sax-like, where holding multiple buttons changes how they look.

"Like Q but not terrible."

A lot of his normals will probably be sax-like, where holding multiple buttons changes how they look.
I never played 3S. What's that move Q does where he "looms" but does nothing?

Looking at Q gameplay, that seems like a waste of an awesome character design. Hopefully there's more to it in practice!

I've always wanted a music-based character who felt...musical.

NEO0MJ

Uh huh

There quite a few DP style assists and lots of good horizontal assists that function close enough to her hairball.

I think you mean Updo? Anyways, the main reason it bothers me is that I really want to focus on learning Peacock and Painwheel, but those two have no reliable reversals. Peacock has Bang L, but it doesn't help much. I want to learn Ms.Fortune, but her head games are too much for me right now. Maybe I should play her solo until I get a hang of her so I can add her to my team.

I never played 3S. What's that move Q does where he "looms" but does nothing?

The one where he goes "rawr!"? That boosts his defense. He can stack it three times. I forgot if he had to do it each round, though.

Top Bottom