• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Eidos Montreal teases new Deus Ex: The Fall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
This is going to be a 360/PS3 game first and foremost, let's not get carried away expecting a 'next-gen' entry.

As long as they open up the levels a bit more and throw out the mandatory boss fights I'm there day one. Please keep the Blade Runner look.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if Square Enix will rub off on them and they will announce a mobile game instead. *trollface.gif*

That said I definitely want Deus Ex 4.

Presumably, going by the title, this would take place during the Grey Death.

Maybe a Vita game. Anyway, that would be awesome. I really feel we need a continuation of Jensen's story. Some things of the Missing Link seem to hint at that.

Volotaire

tumblr_mnjbjc3Svx1s99dcoo1_400.gif

LegatoB

Changes to make versus Human Revolution:
- Fewer identical office corridor setups
- Keep the dialogue battles and work on adding depth, they almost worked
- Jettison the piss filter
- Make the final level less crummy
- Get away from the genre's heritage of "choose your final ending from a list one is destructive one is benevolently authoritarian one is hippie harmony one is commit suicide".
- Don't require players to read terrible young adult genre fiction novels to understand who half the bad guys are. Build your bad guys up in the game. Don't introduce menacing evil dudes five seconds before you fight them. Have an actual, ongoing antagonist.
- Don't be afraid to make the story more philosophical and intellectual
- I'm OK with the main character being a pawn, but let's at least pretend he's making any of his own choices
- Traversal abilities shouldn't break a non-lethal playthrough (punch through walls for example murdered enemies)
- More enemy variety
- More weapon variety
- Boss fights should be a part of the main gameplay loop of the game. Anything that applies to the rest of the game should apply to boss fights (although something tells me they know this)
- As a matter of controls, I think putting non-lethal and lethal melee kills on the same button (if I remember correctly) is probably ill-advised.
Do we know anyone who works at Eidos Montreal? Can they put a copy of this list on the desk of everyone involved with the planning and design of the next game?

Supernorn

Chucklefish (Starbound)
you have no idea how ready I am for more Deus Ex.

I hope they'd bring back the same team. Jean-Francois Dugas and Jonathan Jacques-Belletête are probably well aware of what could be done to improve on DX:HR, and I'd hope they'd have free reign to do it after the success of the game.

Changes to make versus Human Revolution:
- Fewer identical office corridor setups
- Keep the dialogue battles and work on adding depth, they almost worked
- Jettison the piss filter
- Make the final level less crummy
- Get away from the genre's heritage of "choose your final ending from a list one is destructive one is benevolently authoritarian one is hippie harmony one is commit suicide".
- Don't require players to read terrible young adult genre fiction novels to understand who half the bad guys are. Build your bad guys up in the game. Don't introduce menacing evil dudes five seconds before you fight them. Have an actual, ongoing antagonist.
- Don't be afraid to make the story more philosophical and intellectual
- I'm OK with the main character being a pawn, but let's at least pretend he's making any of his own choices
- Traversal abilities shouldn't break a non-lethal playthrough (punch through walls for example murdered enemies)
- More enemy variety
- More weapon variety
- Boss fights should be a part of the main gameplay loop of the game. Anything that applies to the rest of the game should apply to boss fights (although something tells me they know this)
- As a matter of controls, I think putting non-lethal and lethal melee kills on the same button (if I remember correctly) is probably ill-advised.

Let me add:

- Add a skill system for normal human abilities to compliment augmentations.
- Make augmentation choices either/or. I should be able to get no more than 50% per playthrough.
- Let me pick locks or use items to bypass security, not just one hacking minigame for everything.
- Add melee combat. Punching a guy shouldn't require energy.

That's what they have two teams for.
I understand that's the point of two teams but still just seems weird to announce another game from the same studio when the first isn't even close to release. Maybe it says it says something about the output for square/eidos for 2014 if they plan on releasing both next year.

Not Spaceghost

Spaceghost
DEHR was probably one of the most wonderful surprises of 2011.

I definitely think that the major things it was lacking was decent weapon variety, seriously on a non lethal play through anything that wasn't the peps or stun gun was worthless, I didn't even bother with the tranq rifle. Mean while with a lethal play through you didn't really even need more than the max upgraded 10mm pistol, sure the shotgun helped a bit and the assault rifle did too but I never wanted to use them.

Boss fights either need a massive rework or to be scrapped completely, they were such a mess and I basically only bought the typhoon aug so I could skip them.

Also I'd rather you not put me in front of a computer with 3 buttons and one secret button to pick an ending, that shit sucks.

Lunar15

Only things I'd like changed are the boss fights and the way the ending is presented. Both of these actively hurt the vision, theme, and presentation of the game.

I know people have many other problems, but quite frankly, they weren't annoying enough for me to care if they're greatly modified. It doesn't hurt though!

Grief.exe

DEHR was probably one of the most wonderful surprises of 2011.

I definitely think that the major things it was lacking was decent weapon variety, seriously on a non lethal play through anything that wasn't the peps or stun gun was worthless, I didn't even bother with the tranq rifle. Mean while with a lethal play through you didn't really even need more than the max upgraded 10mm pistol, sure the shotgun helped a bit and the assault rifle did too but I never wanted to use them.

Boss fights either need a massive rework or to be scrapped completely, they were such a mess and I basically only bought the typhoon aug so I could skip them.

Also I'd rather you not put me in front of a computer with 3 buttons and one secret button to pick an ending, that shit sucks.

The tranq rifle wasn't any good? I was planning on using it for my non-lethal play through.

you have no idea how ready I am for more Deus Ex.

I hope they'd bring back the same team. Jean-Francois Dugas and Jonathan Jacques-Belletête are probably well aware of what could be done to improve on DX:HR, and I'd hope they'd have free reign to do it after the success of the game.

Well they did the video for the April Fools joke, and Dugas has done PR for the upcoming WiiU version, so they are still associated with the Deus Ex IP, so I'm pretty sure they are behind the new game as well.

I sincerely hope this is more of a direct sequel than other Deus Ex games. Loved the time period and want Jensen to get even with Megan. I recall Human Revolution was supposed to lead up to the Statue of Liberty bombing. The Fall probably involves the whole Secessionist/UNATCO formation period between HR and Deus Ex 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom