• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How are Japanese gamers reacting to the new consoles?

Snakeyes

I'm sure that some of you browse Japanese gaming site comments and message boards. Are they as pleased with the PS4 as we are or have the Vita and 3DS pretty much taken over most of their interest?

Eusis

You mean new console

They'll never be able to play an xbox one
I imagine they'd release it there. Eventually.

Though given how dependent it is on the Cloud and online garbage maybe there is a chance they conciously avoid Japan this time and just leave their user base to languish. Makes it easy on me for Japanese game support (and REALLY makes me wonder if Swery's game could get ported to PS4 in the long run, weren't games like Braid and Limbo Microsoft published on XBLA?)

A lot of our reactions and the gifs are making it over to Japanese sites. I think that's a big influence.

Also,

Nico live stream rankings:
Xbox:
n5zlr0N.jpg

PS:
5lge4LG.jpg

Nintendo:
3Rorodb.png

Options are:
Very Good
Good
Average
Not very Good
No Good

BeerSnob

There's no word yet as, according to Don Mattrick, the entire population of Japan is in a nuclear submarine. Once they resurface I too will be curious as to what they will think of the new Xbox.

orioto

Good Art™
They must certainly don't give a shit about the games showed for now, anyway... I'm on their side, waiting for some fighters, j-rpg etc...!

EvB

I imagine they'd release it there. Eventually.

Though given how dependent it is on the Cloud and online garbage maybe there is a chance they conciously avoid Japan this time and just leave their user base to languish. Makes it easy on me for Japanese game support (and REALLY makes me wonder if Swery's game could get ported to PS4 in the long run, weren't games like Braid and Limbo Microsoft published on XBLA?)

They were, I think the biggest problems with D4 would be

It uses Kinect

It's Episodic

Videoneon

A lot of our reactions and the gifs are making it over to Japanese sites. I think that's a big influence.

Also,

Options are:
Very Good
Good
Average
Not very Good
No Good

Thanks. Damn, Nintendo and Sony are on equal footing. Honestly, I rated their conferences about the same for different reasons, but I am getting WiiU and PS4 in the future.

Some of those comments in the comment section on the right of the Nintendo Direct ranking screencap are about Rockman, one of them is just "Rockman?" and the other I can't figure out. I think someone else was asking about the X title, referenced as "zeno" in katakana, and there are other comments about Smash and characters

There's no word yet as, according to Don Mattrick, the entire population of Japan is in a nuclear submarine. Once they resurface I too will be curious as to what they will think of the new Xbox.

:lol

Kainazzo

They were, I think the biggest problems with D4 would be

It uses Kinect

It's Episodic

True, but I suppose they could work in controller support after the fact, or simply make it require the camera. The episodic nature shouldn't be a problem, as it could just be compiled together into a single release. I'm assuming that, if it is ported, it'll be long after all of the episodes are out.

dramatis

What Japanese gamers on 2ch say are usually pretty close to what GAFfers say.

There's more negativity to go around though.

Thorgal

Also,

Options are:
Very Good
Good
Average
Not very Good
No Good

that is quite decisive if those numbers are representative of the general japanese gaming community.

Also seems Ps4 and Wii U are going to duke it out in the Future.

Also,

Options are:
Very Good
Good
Average
Not very Good
No Good

Not going to lie but 30% thought the X1 was good or very good? Knowing how many 360's were sold in Japan and how it was looked upon, that isn't that bad of a "score."

$h@d0w

ps4 might not even launch in Japan this year

I think they could do a late December launch as the country doesn't shut down at that time like the west does.

If it's not December, then it's certainly March together with the rest of Asia.

ohlawd

Good games, I don't know?

This.

No surprises announcements but Nintendo did show us games guaranteed to be good-awesome. They played it safe but I don't care, good games are all I want and I'll get them in spades.

harSon

Banned
It's not. It wasn't listed as one of the Asian territories getting the Xbone when it launches Fall of 2014.

Microsoft wouldn't bother with creating a development studio in Osaka, and bankrolling a game like D4, if they didn't plan on releasing their console in Japan. Whether it releases this year is a legitimate concern, but considering TGS is around the corner, I think it's safe to suggest that its release will be announced there.

Top Bottom