• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Official Parasite Eve 3 is for Cell Phones WHAT THE ***ING **** SQUARE!? Thread

loosus

Banned
I don't doubt that they wouldn't take a hit. What I'm saying is that I'd like to know how well these games sell. If they can sell 75,000 copies, then sure, I guess it's worth it.

But I don't know how well they sell. If they sell just moderately well, then it seems like they'd still be better off putting those same resources into DS/PSP games, where there might be a slightly bigger risk but the margins have to still be larger. Like I said, it's an opportunity cost, even if they do end up coming on top after the expenses.

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Oh, you Drama Queens are really what make GAF for me.
Thanks.

Amir0x

Banned
loosus said:
I don't doubt that they wouldn't take a hit. What I'm saying is that I'd like to know how well these games sell. If they can sell 75,000 copies, then sure, I guess it's worth it.

But I don't know how well they sell. If they sell just moderately well, then it seems like they'd still be better off putting those same resources into DS/PSP games, where there might be a slightly bigger risk but the margins have to still be larger. Like I said, it's an opportunity cost, even if they do end up coming on top after the expenses.

Think of it this way: Some random cell-phone game featuring fish with a budget of $5000 from a completely unknown company in Japan sold more than any PS3 game worldwide, save Resistance!

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
RevenantKioku said:
Honestly, the PSP one looks pretty much like fuzzy blown up GBA game to me, but it does have VA, and I think that turns some of you on or something.

Wha... Voice Acting? It doesn't have that.... And the graphics are crispy high-res. Are we both talking about the FF1/2 PSP ports?

RevenantKioku said:
Oh, you Drama Queens are really what make GAF for me.
Thanks.
To be honest rev... Never being able to play a game, and being angry about it, is a deeply, deeply, logical reaction ;)

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
BocoDragon said:
Wha... Voice Acting? It doesn't have that.... And the graphics are crispy high-res. Are we both talking about the FF1/2 PSP ports?
I was thinking Riviera, actually. But you're right, I can add more to my "WSC->PSP" list!

To be honest rev... Never being able to play a game, and being angry about it, is a deeply, deeply, logical reaction ;)
We make our own logic, it seems. At least I get a laugh. :D

rkenshin

So did Square ever localize the FF cellphone game with the Turks? I think it was called Before Crisis

That's probably the only problem I see with these cellphone game releases especially from Japan.. They won't get over here unless again I'm wrong and it did make it here in English

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Pureauthor said:
Sure, take his side. Meanie.

I'm not taking sides!

It was just funny! Then again, with the right words (that drohne is obviously most able to use!), anything can sound pretty funny.

Y2Kev said:
I'm not taking sides!

It was just funny! Then again, with the right words (that drohne is obviously most able to use!), anything can sound pretty funny.

Right. Lemme go dig out a thesaurus and I'll have GAF in stitches in no time.

Y2Kev

Pureauthor said:
Right. Lemme go dig out a thesaurus and I'll have GAF in stitches in no time.

It's not so much vocabulary as it is structure. At least to me.

I don't know, it's like reading Me Talk Pretty One Day or something.

amir0x said:
fighting words

XACTLY

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
RevenantKioku said:
We make our own logic, it seems. At least I get a laugh. :D
It sounds like you think you're laughing at people who hate simple graphics/no box art, when you're actually debating mostly North Americans who are pissed that a sequel to a beloved game has been announced for a platform that will never be made available to them.

I know you know that but.... geez. Isn't it inherently outrageous to have a wanted game announced that you will not be able to play?

"The new SMT game has been announced for the UK-only console BritainVision" :) ... wouldn't you have nothing to do but bitch?

Y2Kev said:
It's not so much vocabulary as it is structure. At least to me.

I don't know, it's like reading Me Talk Pretty One Day or something.

You did say 'right words'. :)

Anyway, let's get back to moaning that we'll likely never get to play this game in english.

Snaku

Banned
rkenshin said:
So did Square ever localize the FF cellphone game with the Turks? I think it was called Before Crisis

That's probably the only problem I see with these cellphone game releases especially from Japan.. They won't get over here unless again I'm wrong and it did make it here in English

No, Before Crisis: FFVII has not been brought to America. And if a high profile FFVII spin-off wasn't brought over, or even ported to DS/PSP, what chance does PE3 have? None.

That's why I'm pissed.

Steroyd

I had this wierd dream I was drunk decided to visit neogaf and saw news that PE3 the game I longed for a next gen sequel on PS3 was getting a ****ty Cell phone job thinking I was having a drunken blur.

wait what... it's true?

SE is really pissing me off It's getting to the point where I hope they go bankrupt or a financial meltdown scare thingy seriously WTF!?

Y2Kev

If it's a cellphone game, odds are you're not going to WANT to play it anyway. You just will want to know the story.

Ethelred is the designated player of shitty PSP rpgs, clearly he can just take this assignment, go to Japan, play, and then summarize for us. Someone will stand over his shoulder and translate.

RevenantKioku

BocoDragon said:
It sounds like you think you're laughing at people who hate simple graphics/no box art, when you're actually debating mostly North Americans who are pissed that a sequel to a beloved game has been announced for a platform that will never be made available to them.

I know you know that but.... geez. Isn't it inherently outrageous to have a wanted game announced that you will not be able to play?

"The new SMT game has been announced for the UK-only console BritainVision" :) ... wouldn't you have nothing to do but bitch?
You make it sound like I'm not irritated by this! I mean, I may have to decide my cellphone provider in Japan on this nonsense now, and that's never a good way of doing things! :D I loves me my Parasite Eve! :(

Avalon

Y2Kev said:
Ethelred is the designated player of shitty PSP rpgs

A bit off-topic, but we never did get his Jewel Summoner impressions!
I haven't touched the game at all, it's just sitting there!

Y2Kev said:
If it's a cellphone game, odds are you're not going to WANT to play it anyway. You just will want to know the story.

Ethelred is the designated player of shitty PSP rpgs, clearly he can just take this assignment, go to Japan, play, and then summarize for us. Someone will stand over his shoulder and translate.

For me the biggest limitation of cellphone gaming is the lousy control scheme (I don't know if this holds true for Japanese cellphone gaming).

And of course, there's always the possiblity that PE3 could simply suck when it comes out anyway.

ethelred

Y2Kev said:

:(

Avalon said:
A bit off-topic, but we never did get his Jewel Summoner impressions!
I haven't touched the game at all, it's just sitting there!

No, I did post them! Somewhere. Um, let me look.

Here. Not very in-depth mind you (though if you want, I can get more detailed).

Haunted

HUAHUAHUAHUA S-E am gone crazy total confirmed.

Did I do it right? I don't care for Parasite Eve at all. :/

bobbytkc

ADD New Gen Gamer
shit man....

PE2 was one game i really enjoyed on the PSONE.

I almost forgot about this series until this popped up

WHATDOG.GIF

I only hope my mobile can run this beauty, its a pretty beefy nokia so fingers crossed.

*edit* Square better release that poster.

Anzu

Banned
I'm so pissed.

I demand we pull a petition similar to that of Sony fanboys with the DMC4 multiplat announcement :lol

Majmun

Joe211 said:
P-E wasn't a very good game after all

PE2 was great, PE1 was OK.

But just the idea of this game -or any other game that's a main part- going mobile makes me sick. FFXIII Agito going mobile was also pretty shitty.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
RIP Aya

180px-Aya.jpg

7Th

ethelred said:
Forget about the DS-hate for a minute or two. I'd rather have a game like this developed on just about any actual gaming machine over cell phones. The PSP would be a fantastic system for a Parasite Eve game, actually. So would the 360. But anything is better than this.

I agree... hell, even PS2 or Game Cube are better than Cell-Phone. :(

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
This is pretty dumb. I liked PE but I never played PE2. I was wondering if there ever was gonna be a PE3 a few weeks back but SE ****ed up :(

Why, why does Square hate money?

Probably the greatest series they've touched yet, and they bring it to cell phones? I'm crying bitter tears =(.

Top Bottom