• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Spring Anime 2013 l OT One l All roads lead to this

Status
Not open for further replies.
HenNeko 10

And then we have what would appear to be a sudden
timeslip
at the end. Does this mean we get to see transcendentally cute people
in their younger days
next episode? I'm not sure I can handle that level of cuteness.

It means we get to see more of the mom too. Oh gosh she's so pretty.

cajunator

Banned
HenNeko 10

Well, it's nice to feel like I at least have some grasp of what is going on in this series again, as long as I forget about whatever the heck those last couple of episodes were.

Not much else to say about this episode, it was fairly standard HenNeko fare. Tsukiko was transcendentally cute as usual, Azuki Azusa was transcendentally cute when she actually deigned to make an appearance as usual, King of Steel was anything but steely as usual.

And then we have what would appear to be a sudden
timeslip
at the end. Does this mean we get to see transcendentally cute people
in their younger days
next episode? I'm not sure I can handle that level of cuteness.

Sure you can handle it, but in case you cant, there are defribillators all around here.

CorvoSol

Godannar 20

Whellp. That escalated quite a bit from being an episode about other team love situation plus virus in the background, I'd say. Adding the
potential deaths of 30,000 people
probably had to do with that a bit. Also, the bit about Shadow being emotionally male so that the virus effected her seemed a bit, I dunno. Not how I'd've handled that.

Whatever. Now we have a virus designed specifically to target hotblooded mecha protagonists, carried by the monsters of the week. Should be interesting to see where this goes.

FelixOrion

Poet Centuriate
Godannar 20

Whellp. That escalated quite a bit from being an episode about other team love situation plus virus in the background, I'd say. Adding the
potential deaths of 30,000 people
probably had to do with that a bit. Also, the bit about Shadow being emotionally male so that the virus effected her seemed a bit, I dunno. Not how I'd've handled that.

Whatever. Now we have a virus designed specifically to target hotblooded mecha protagonists, carried by the monsters of the week. Should be interesting to see where this goes.

told ya

wonzo

Banned
^rip asuka

Muromi 11

muromi11.jpg

Otohime is by far and away the best character in this series and I'd def. watch a full length series dedicated to her building up her empire and getting revenge at those wretched monsters.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oreimo 1

Welp...here goes...marathon time.

Not much to say about the first episode here, since I already knew the general premise. I like it so far, though, so that's good.

cnet128

Banned
OreImo. 11

This episode was tons of fun. Kyousuke and Kanako's conversation about the eroge in particular was pure gold. Love you, Kanako <3 She really does need to appear more often. The other girls who showed up this episode all had a pretty good showing too, though the
first ever confrontation of Ayase and Kuroneko
kind of stole the show. The tension in the air was both palpable and delicious.

...*stab stab stab*

Moribito - 2

This is certainly going in a direction I didn't expect. I'm really enjoying how Balsa is going to end up teaching Chagum how a normal child acts, when it's usually the other way around for these kinds of things.

Once again, the show really shines in it's animation and atmosphere. I've never felt so relaxed watching a fantasy anime before. This is shaping up quite nicely.

Oh wait, scratch that, here come more enemies!

madp

The Light of El Cantare
Attack on Titan pretty much has this episode not to be Attack on Namek or I'm dropping this shit and just going with the manga
and then probably watching the rest later for comparison because I hate myself.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Attack on Titan pretty much has this episode not to be Attack on Namek or I'm dropping this shit and just going with the manga
But the manga is just as bad, or worse. You are better off reading the TV Tropes entry.

Branduil

You mean 11? Best to just not watch it now if you're expecting anything of substance to happen.

But the manga is just as bad, or worse. You are better off reading the TV Tropes entry.

Nah because you can read the correlating chapter in the manga in about five minutes.

cnet128

Banned
Muromi-san 11

Good luck with that whole world-conquering thing, Otohime. You should go get a job at MgRonalds, I hear that's a foolproof strategy.

Attack on Titan 11
This show's ability to continually fall beneath my exceedingly low expectations is impressive. I'm considering dropping it, this is becoming the sort of bad show that isn't entertaining.

CorvoSol

Sword Art Online 11

WHY THE FUCK DO KIRITO AND ASUNA TAKE THIS. You can just walk away. Right now. You're in a town where he cannot hurt you. Just grab your teleport crystals and GO. I mean really this whole "I run a guild on the internet so you kids do as I say!" thing is so fucking dumb.

How can Kirito and Asuna not have enough money to afford a house? What kind of broke ass economy does this game have that Mr. and Mrs. Beater, after two years of raiding dungeons, can't afford a third house? Goddamn this is why MMOs are shit. TWO FUCKING YEARS OF LOOTING DUNGEONS and they're not fucking obscenely rich?

Sword Art Online continues to be the worst kind of RPG. Its sex simulator is fast becoming its only alluring feature at all.

Kirito, word of advice: Don't ask your new wife if your relationship is real. If you have that kind of doubt, you shouldn't be getting married. Although it occurs to me that if your wife has to say she'll have to "find" you in the real world, maybe the two of you should have gotten to know one another a little better before jumping into this marriage thing?

God, what is Klein up to right now? I bet him, Lisbeth and Khan Basilio are having some kind of badass adventure right now.

Wait. Hold. The. Phone. Kirito and Asuna are married, but haven't had sex yet? Kirito, you're going to have to stop being a lonely beater some day. D'you even puberty, Kirito? D'you even puberty? No wait forget that, they're married and Asuna has trouble telling him that she loves him? So like, what is this relationship based on here? Stupid teenage romance? Minus the raging hormones?

Why are you embarrassed to have Kirito see your panties when he sleeps in the same room as you and has also seen you in your panties? This is the most 3rd grade marriage ever.

Oh man there is an old man. Can you imagine? You're an old guy who has this software so you can live out your retirement pretending to be young or something since your wife died or who knows and then the mirror happens and BOOM. NOW YOU OLD IN A WORLD FULL OF BARELY TEENAGERS. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Come to think of it, since SAO originally hid age and gender, but simulates sex, there are some incredibly severe legal ramifications behind this. "Yer awner, mah client did not have sex with this child. When said sex uhlegdedly uccurrud, he was forty thousin' miles away." Oh man wow. SAO's launch is the most unrealistic thing ever. Game hella bombad at a mere 10k units sold.

You can't harass NPCs? Just let monsters brutally slaughter them, whereafter they respawn in town? Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Asuna would rather sleep with a total stranger than her own husband. Worst. Marriage. Ever. You really blew this one, Mr. Beater. Also, how old is Yui supposed to be? She doesn't look that much younger than Kirito and Asuna, who are 14 and 15 or 16 and 17. So she must look like, 8 and be 10. Which should be ample time to learn to say "Kirito". Brat just waltzes in and deems Kirito and Asuna dad and mom. Kid they haven't even finished their honeymoon.

You know what? I bet this is a scam. I bet this is a scam set up by their guild or something. That these two dorks never consider it is kinda beyond me.

Okay, it was a pretty awful episode till they went back to the First Town, then I confess to having been legitimately interested for a few minutes.

Fire Emblem Awakening episode 8.

Cordelia is mai waifu. <3

You chose wisely.

Moribito - 2

This is certainly going in a direction I didn't expect. I'm really enjoying how Balsa is going to end up teaching Chagum how a normal child acts, when it's usually the other way around for these kinds of things.

Once again, the show really shines in it's animation and atmosphere. I've never felt so relaxed watching a fantasy anime before. This is shaping up quite nicely.

Oh wait, scratch that, here come more enemies!

The fight scenes in this anime are amazing.

cajunator

Banned
Sword Art Online 11

WHY THE FUCK DO KIRITO AND ASUNA TAKE THIS. You can just walk away. Right now. You're in a town where he cannot hurt you. Just grab your teleport crystals and GO. I mean really this whole "I run a guild on the internet so you kids do as I say!" thing is so fucking dumb.

How can Kirito and Asuna not have enough money to afford a house? What kind of broke ass economy does this game have that Mr. and Mrs. Beater, after two years of raiding dungeons, can't afford a third house? Goddamn this is why MMOs are shit. TWO FUCKING YEARS OF LOOTING DUNGEONS and they're not fucking obscenely rich?

Sword Art Online continues to be the worst kind of RPG. Its sex simulator is fast becoming its only alluring feature at all.

Kirito, word of advice: Don't ask your new wife if your relationship is real. If you have that kind of doubt, you shouldn't be getting married. Although it occurs to me that if your wife has to say she'll have to "find" you in the real world, maybe the two of you should have gotten to know one another a little better before jumping into this marriage thing?

God, what is Klein up to right now? I bet him, Lisbeth and Khan Basilio are having some kind of badass adventure right now.

Wait. Hold. The. Phone. Kirito and Asuna are married, but haven't had sex yet? Kirito, you're going to have to stop being a lonely beater some day. D'you even puberty, Kirito? D'you even puberty? No wait forget that, they're married and Asuna has trouble telling him that she loves him? So like, what is this relationship based on here? Stupid teenage romance? Minus the raging hormones?

Why are you embarrassed to have Kirito see your panties when he sleeps in the same room as you and has also seen you in your panties? This is the most 3rd grade marriage ever.

Oh man there is an old man. Can you imagine? You're an old guy who has this software so you can live out your retirement pretending to be young or something since your wife died or who knows and then the mirror happens and BOOM. NOW YOU OLD IN A WORLD FULL OF BARELY TEENAGERS. HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA.

Come to think of it, since SAO originally hid age and gender, but simulates sex, there are some incredibly severe legal ramifications behind this. "Yer awner, mah client did not have sex with this child. When said sex uhlegdedly uccurrud, he was forty thousin' miles away." Oh man wow. SAO's launch is the most unrealistic thing ever. Game hella bombad at a mere 10k units sold.

You can't harass NPCs? Just let monsters brutally slaughter them, whereafter they respawn in town? Laaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaame.

Asuna would rather sleep with a total stranger than her own husband. Worst. Marriage. Ever. You really blew this one, Mr. Beater. Also, how old is Yui supposed to be? She doesn't look that much younger than Kirito and Asuna, who are 14 and 15 or 16 and 17. So she must look like, 8 and be 10. Which should be ample time to learn to say "Kirito". Brat just waltzes in and deems Kirito and Asuna dad and mom. Kid they haven't even finished their honeymoon.

You know what? I bet this is a scam. I bet this is a scam set up by their guild or something. That these two dorks never consider it is kinda beyond me.

Okay, it was a pretty awful episode till they went back to the First Town, then I confess to having been legitimately interested for a few minutes.

You chose wisely.

Dont worry, it keeps getting worse from here.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Oreimo 2

Man, I had the biggest smile on my face during Kirino and Kuroneko's argument. :lol It really does remind me of stuff I've seen in here and other places. Loved the Gundam references, too (can you have a show about otaku without them?).

madp

The Light of El Cantare

I totally believe you, but I still want to know what happens in context.

You mean 11? Best to just not watch it now if you're expecting anything of substance to happen.

welp

Looks like they fixed up a fair bit of the blockiness in that pilarmen JoJo ep for the home release.

Kudos to David Production for actually realizing that it looked bad and fixing it.

Kaiji 7

7 episodes later, we're down to the last 5 minutes of Restricted Rock Paper Scissors.

For once, Kaiji got back at Funai's douche-ocracy and foiled his plans, but to end up in the final struggle of 5 minutes. I would say there's pacing issues, but considering the length of episodes on top of how long the game was suppose to last, I guess it's going along just fine. It just seems like that because Rock Paper Scissors IS SERIOUS FUCKING BUSINESS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom