• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition |OT4| Daigo Who?

OceanBlue

My GWFL is KokiaColor for the new people. I'd play more and join more GAF lobbies but my internet has been worse than usual the last few weeks. I'm getting awful lag spikes and very few people are playable anymore :(. Hopefully it gets better.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It may work on me when I want it to but when I don't want it to, I'll punish it every time and so will other people who are aware. You are not going to get better if you keep using it as a crutch. Bad habits are hard to get rid of if you keep doing it. Your mixups aren't that bad but it gets too obvious when you mash srk after everything. Only real good time to mash it out is when you are using it to punish something not after your own mixups.

I still suck at this game, and I think my reactions are getting shittier with age. But I am starting to feel it again and getting better at anti-airing all jumpin's and crossups, and timing my frametraps better. So I am happy about that, even if I still lose most of the time.

but yay for small victories! :D

Devined

I've been playing SF4 on pc for almost a year now, but I'm still no good. If anyone picked it up recently on the sale, feel free to add me on GFWL as "Devined Killer". Ill send out some requests to people who posted already too.

So this was posted in the FGC thread

gzsIS

The hint suggest that we may get new characters after all. If that's the case, maybe they made some new characters, or maybe they just ported over the 4 SFxT Capcom characters(lets be real, Mega Man ain't happening). I'm still hoping for Urien. They can just use Seth as a base and reskin him with some new moves and bam, new character.

I hope we get some solid news at EVO before a likely bigger announcement at SDCC. Anyways, this thread has been doing pretty good this year considering how old this game is. If the update happens this Fall around September/October, I think we'll be right on time with a new thread by then.

Devined

The hint suggest that we may get new characters after all. If that's the case, maybe they made some new characters, or maybe they just ported over the 4 SFxT Capcom characters(lets be real, Mega Man ain't happening). I'm still hoping for Urien. They can just use Seth as a base and reskin him with some new moves and bam, new character.

I hope we get some solid news at EVO before a likely bigger announcement at SDCC. Anyways, this thread has been doing pretty good this year considering how old this game is. If the update happens this Fall around September/October, I think we'll be right on time with a new thread by then.

We need Rolento so I can die happy.

number47

How would you stop reflector without the parry system

he has a long stick. he would, by nature, be extremely overpowered in a game like sf4, or gimped to a level that would be ridiculous. He was my 2nd in sfa3, but even tho i loved playing as him i don't see him meshing well in sf4.

he's like a ghetto Vega!

the choice is clear, we need Karin.

Denzel-Boom.gif

ggs rice. your evil roo is too strong. I was thinking your throw setup after kd was unblockable but it was just a fake cross up :l

Doesn't Ibuki have unblockables against Evil Ryu and all the shoto's? Were you utilizing it against me? As for the set up, which one are you speaking of. The ones I did after a throw were just dive kick set ups, so it's just reactions. The corner stuff after SRK, FADC, HK axe kick were fake cross ups though. But you figured it out pretty quickly.

I have to admit, towards the end I was starting to lose patience with some of your lame play and just kept rushing in trying to get some kind of offense started. This feels like a bad match up for Evil Ryu and the other shoto's to be honest. Slide to avoid fireballs upclose, neckbreaker to beat it from far away, unblockables, etc. All I had was damage on my side and missing my axe kick combo really hurt me in a lot of matches.

But GG's again, that was my first long grind in a while. I think I played 4 hours straight lol. My wife isn't too happy with that because I've been avoiding these grinds ever since we got married so it's the first time for her seeing me play for a very long period of time.

How would you stop reflector without the parry system

Just have to eat the chip. Some part of hopes that instead of utilizing all his supers from SF3 as 2 Ultras and a Super, they would just have two Aegis reflectors so you can still have two on screen like in 3S. But I've always been fascinated with the idea of a SF4 version of Urien.

Doesn't Ibuki have unblockables against Evil Ryu and all the shoto's? Were you utilizing it against me? As for the set up, which one are you speaking of. The ones I did after a throw were just dive kick set ups, so it's just reactions. The corner stuff after SRK, FADC, HK axe kick were fake cross ups though. But you figured it out pretty quickly.

I have to admit, towards the end I was starting to lose patience with some of your lame play and just kept rushing in trying to get some kind of offense started. This feels like a bad match up for Evil Ryu and the other shoto's to be honest. Slide to avoid fireballs upclose, neckbreaker to beat it from far away, unblockables, etc. All I had was damage on my side and missing my axe kick combo really hurt me in a lot of matches.

But GG's again, that was my first long grind in a while. I think I played 4 hours straight lol. My wife isn't too happy with that because I've been avoiding these grinds ever since we got married so it's the first time for her seeing me play for a very long period of time.

Just have to eat the chip. Some part of hopes that instead of utilizing all his supers from SF3 as 2 Ultras and a Super, they would just have two Aegis reflectors so you can still have two on screen like in 3S. But I've always been fascinated with the idea of a SF4 version of Urien.

Yeah. Ibuki's unblockable is neckbreaker, wait 6 f, walk up a little bit, f.short into j.short or forward. My reactions are pretty bad and I never really dealt with divekick setups from evil ryu before so that caught me off guard. It's definitely a bad matchup for shotos when Ibuki can get that read on someone and just zzz them to death. I missed alot of combos since it was kind of laggy, but it wasn't too bad. GGs though.

cHaotix8

I always thought those setups that required you to wait x frames were funny. Is there anyone that has a biological clock accurate enough to count frames and land these setups consistently? The ones that require you to whiff normals are strict enough on their own.

Like when I'm playing Dudley and I have Guile knocked down, I just whiff some shit, jump, and hope for the best. It usually works out though. :D

I always thought those setups that required you to wait x frames were funny. Is there anyone that has a biological clock accurate enough to count frames and land these setups consistently? The ones that require you to whiff normals are strict enough on their own.

Like when I'm playing Dudley and I have Guile knocked down, I just whiff some shit, jump, and hope for the best. It usually works out though. :D

here's a Dudley vs Guile tip. Fierce punch in the air with dudley. you will win 99% of any exchange. Dont even worry about flash kick/

Clakey D has it down. He destroyed DRS Chris's Ken at last years SCR I think. Sako also utilized those unblockables where you have to move a bit and jump forward against Xaiohai's Cammy with Evil Ryu.

Dawgley. What are the inputs for the MGB loop?

OceanBlue

Guilty Gear FRCs are kinda like that, right? I'm awful at stuff like that though.

K.Sabot

It's just perfect that the best connection I've ever had in this game was with an asshole who, while he was good, acted like a child and wasted both of our time.

Top Bottom