• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 07 - What we know Nintendo is bringing to the table

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Speevy said:
Has anyone heard for sure whether Animal Crossing will actually be there?

I don't follow the Nintendo scene much anymore, but what is the real likelihood of its appearance?

if i were betting, i'd say wait for tgs, if anything. animal crossing is popular here, but it butters its bread in japan, from what i understand.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
ziran said:
Intelligent Systems
(Advance Wars, Fire Emblem, Paper Mario)
Potential for more than one game:
- New Fire Emblem games for Wii and DS have been hinted at

DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT

Arika
(Street Fighter EX)
- Forever Blue
62p2wy8.jpg

Please be good.

- Cing - Already working on the Project O joint development and has said they would like to work more on Wii

More adventure games is a good thing.

ziran

Jammy said:
What is Intelligent Systems working on? They were gold soon after the Wii launch (Wario Ware: SM, Super Paper Mario, Fire Emblem: GoD), and with three games all done and released, I wonder what they're cooking up now. IntSys is a great developer and every one of their games I've played is an easy 85% rated game, so I can't wait to see what's up.
Intelligent Systems has 3 teams, so in addition to Fire Emblem they're maybe working on a new Advance Wars game for DS.

Speevy said:
Has anyone heard for sure whether Animal Crossing will actually be there?

I don't follow the Nintendo scene much anymore, but what is the real likelihood of its appearance?
Animal Crossing Wii will be high priority, and we might see it at E3, but it's probably going to arrive in 2008. Nintendo's development tools studio has made fur shading libraries, so they could be used in Animal Crossing Wii.

ziran

3rd party
http://wiiz.fr/article.php?a=11944

Wii

Atari
Dragon Ball Z: Budokai Tenkaichi 3
Godzilla Unleashed

Capcom
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles
Zack & Wiki: Quest for Barbaros' Treasure

Crave
Brunswick Pro Bowling
Dave Mirra BMX Challenge
Pinball Hall of Fame: The Williams Collection

D3 Publisher
Ben 10: Protector of Earth
Dragon Blade: Wrath of Fire
Naruto: Clash of Ninja Revolution

Disney Interactive Studios
High School Musical: Sing It!

Electronic Arts
Boogie
NBA Live 08
Madden NFL 08
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08
Need for Speed ProStreet

Gamecock
Mushroom Men

LucasArts
LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga

Natsume
Harvest Moon Wii

Sierra Entertainment
Crash of the Titans
Geometry Wars: Galaxies

Warner Bros. Interactive
Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal

Nintendo DS

Atari
Godzilla Unleashed

Capcom
Mega Man Star Force: Dragon/Leo/Pegasus
Mega Man ZX Advent
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations

Codemasters
Race Driver: Create & Race

Crave
Napoleon Dynamite
Spelling Challenges and More!

D3 Publisher
Ben 10: Protector of Earth
Naruto: Path of the Ninja

Disney Interactive Studios
High School Musical: Makin' the Cut

Electronic Arts
Madden NFL 08
Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08
Need for Speed ProStreet

Gamecock
Dementium: The Ward
Mushroom Men
Insecticide

LucasArts
LEGO Star Wars: The Complete Saga
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed

Majesco Entertainment
Fish Tycoon
Holly Hobbie & Friends
Nancy Drew and the Deadly Secret of Olde World Park
Operation: Vietnam
Turn it Around
The Wild West

Natsume
Harvest Moon 2
Harvest Moon DS Cute
Math Play
Puzzle de Harvest Moon
River King: Wonderland
Rune Factory: A Fantasy Harvest Moon

Sierra Entertainment
Geometry Wars: Galaxies

Warner Bros. Interactive
Looney Tunes: Duck Amuck

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Good work Ziran. The nintendo ninja clan is strong. I have some extra notes for you:

Software Production Group No. 4 - Shinya Takakashi (Nintendo Co. Ltd)

* The Brain-Age team is quickly becoming one of the most powerful units within Nintendo. What started as a small experimental team made up of mainly programmers including the genius Kouichi Kawamoto who created Wario Ware during his short stint at R&D1. The team is responsible for the "Training" series on the NDS. Brain-Age, Brain-Age 2, English Training, English Training 2, Kanji Training, Band Bros. The team is developing most of the Wii Channels: Everybody Votes Channel, Weather Channel, News Channel, and Photo Channel.

E3 2007 Prognosis - Not sure. Most likely just a couple of new channels. Perhaps some new Nintendo DS games as well. I can't predict exactly what this group is working on.

Nintendo Studio (All-Star Smash Group - EAD/HAL Labs/Sora + another team)
I don't think the team will be disbanded after Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Well I should say i expect the 20+ Nintendo staffers to continue the Smash Bros franchise on the Nintendo DS right after. I do expect Sakurai and the secret company assisting to be long gone by the end of this year. So probably those Nintendo guys will move over to the bigger Nintendo Tokyo Office

Wii Cooking, Mario Kart and Wii Health
Wii Health I am pretty sure is Hideki Konno's big Wii debut title for Entertainment Analysis & Development Group No. 1. Most likely from the Nintendogs team. To be honest i don't know if Wii Cooking still exists. I believe it was canceled in favor of the team to work on Wii Healthy.

Wii Health 2007 (Japan), Wii Health 2008 (USA/Europe)
Mario Kart Wii Fall 2008 World Wide

Those I suspect will both be premiered by Hideki Konno (actually most likely Miyamoto on stage) at E3 this year.

Yoshio Sakamoto and R&D1
Well technically Software Production Group No. 1 I still no not doubt Metroid DS will be shown this year at E3. The only other surprise should probably be Rhythm Heaven Wii being ported and "deluxed" by the Wario Ware Smooth team.

Wii MotorSports and Wii Music and Animal Crossing
All three games being developed at Entertainment Analysis & Development Group No. 2. Wii Music should hit Japan this year. Aniimal Crossing next summer.

Wii Motorsports I pray does not become vaporware. Remember this team is still considered the Wave Race 64 team. Imagine them coming up with a way to bring us Wave Race, Excitebike, and Pilotwings on the Wii o_O !!

Predictions and Speculation
* Wii Health and Wii Music are demonstrated at E3 2007 as NIntendo's big premiere on-stage exhibitions.
* Mario Kart and Animal Crossing make debut during short video montage for 2008.
* Wii Motorsports and Wii Cooking are never mentioned.
* Pikmin 3 may or may not be announced. But the Big Brain Academy: Wii Degree will be the developer of the third installment.
* It is hard to believe that the next Star Fox and F-Zero will be developed out-house. It's EAD or NST. Miyamoto seems to feel like what he thought were supposed to be big IPs by Nintendo have become lesser franchises because of all the outsourcing.
* Project Hammer. I hope it isn't canned. It has a very talented team and idea behind it. The Wii really needs some hardcore gamer friendly and technically sound games. This would have been it.
* Intelligent Systems wil be on a sort of hiatus for a while. All their development cycles have terminated around this year. However, the company should be tweaking Fire Emblem Wii for an eventual release in North America.
* I think Nintendo still has a year left of big in-house games for the Nintendo DS. If anyone follows Nintendo, usually the last year or so of a console's life, are void of much in-house games. But hopefully we get Metroid and F-Zero. I think those two are it as far as big franchise sequels on NDS go.
* Don't think for a second Nintendo is not developing New Super Mario Bros 2. E3 2007 would be a great place to announce it.
* HAL is definetely porting that Kirby project over to Wii. What else are they developing? I don't know.
* Expect next year for an Aonuma bombzel-droppen. Meanwhile enjoy his team's Zelda Phantom Hourglass.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Shikamaru Ninja said:
* Don't think for a second Nintendo is not developing New Super Mario Bros 2. E3 2007 would be a great place to announce it.

Not a goddamn chance in hell (as much as I would love to see it).

Nintendogs 2 is an absolute gaurunteed 10+ million seller, people sorta forget about that for whatever reason. There's no way they haven't been working on that Nintendogs engine with new puppies/features. After 2 years on market, the first one has probably run through a lot of its sales, so a new one this fall makes sense.

Advance Wars 4 is really all I need :)

New Super Mario Bros. 2 is definitely in development, but I'm not so sure they will show it. The first one is still selling like gangbusters, they may not want to take attention off that. They already have enough Mario at this E3 anyway.

Haunted

Shikamaru Ninja said:
Software Production Group No. 4 - Shinya Takakashi (Nintendo Co. Ltd)

* The Brain-Age team is quickly becoming one of the most powerful units within Nintendo. What started as a small experimental team made up of mainly programmers including the genius Kouichi Kawamoto who created Wario Ware during his short stint at R&D1. The team is responsible for the "Training" series on the NDS. Brain-Age, Brain-Age 2, English Training, English Training 2, Kanji Training, Band Bros. The team is developing most of the Wii Channels: Everybody Votes Channel, Weather Channel, News Channel, and Photo Channel.

Wii Cooking, Mario Kart and Wii Health
Wii Health I am pretty sure is Hideki Konno's big Wii debut title for Entertainment Analysis & Development Group No. 1. Most likely from the Nintendogs team. To be honest i don't know if Wii Cooking still exists. I believe it was canceled in favor of the team to work on Wii Healthy.
Interesting stuff, thanks.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
AniHawk said:
Pokemon RainBlue and PissYellow.
Don't forget the third one that will be released later, PinkEye.

ziran said:
3rd party
http://wiiz.fr/article.php?a=11944

Wii

Capcom
Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles

Nintendo DS

Capcom
Mega Man ZX Advent
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trials and Tribulations
Big ass list and all I care about are three games? Capcom, the only third party worth caring about on the Wii/DS this year. :(

Johnas

Shikamaru Ninja said:
I still no not doubt Metroid DS will be shown this year at E3.

Did you mean "I still do not doubt Metroid DS will be shown this year at E3."?

I agree with you, if that's what you meant. Just double-checking. I have zero insider information (no connection whatsoever with the industry), but I feel extremely confident that it will be shown here.

Jiggy

Shikamaru Ninja said:
* Intelligent Systems wil be on a sort of hiatus for a while. All their development cycles have terminated around this year. However, the company should be tweaking Fire Emblem Wii for an eventual release in North America.
Hurts my heart. Need Advance Wars DS 2. :(

USD

I'm not even going to get my hopes up on seeing specific games, there are a lot of possibilities. But I do expect to see a lot out of Nintendo, since they've been hold their cards to their chest since the beginning. Here's hoping I'm not disappointed.

Jiggy37 said:
Hurts my heart. Need Advance Wars DS 2. :(
If they do make a sequel, I hope it will be a lot more thought out than the first. I'm kind of hoping they will go for a more mature tone though that would pretty much go against what the series is. At the very least, I want a more thought out storyline and get rid of Dual Strike.

Edit:
If Nintendo doesn't announce a new 2D Metroid, they will be dead to me... until MP3 and Brawl come out.

Shikamaru Ninja said:
Wii Motorsports I pray does not become vaporware. Remember this team is still considered the Wave Race 64 team. Imagine them coming up with a way to bring us Wave Race, Excitebike, and Pilotwings on the Wii o_O !!

I'm with you on this one! Fingers am crossed, especially like the thought of Wave Race.

Shikamaru Ninja said:
Predictions and Speculation

* I think Nintendo still has a year left of big in-house games for the Nintendo DS. If anyone follows Nintendo, usually the last year or so of a console's life, are void of much in-house games. But hopefully we get Metroid and F-Zero. I think those two are it as far as big franchise sequels on NDS go.

I really don't agree that this is the last year of Nintendo's big in-house DS games. I think they will support the DS with really strong first party stuff until the fall of 2009. It just has such a huge installed base; there's no reason for them to rush out the new handheld until then.

Good list of stuff, though. Nice and informative.

Zelda Wii might be to early to show... I'm guessing they're going to let Mario Kart, Animal Crossing, Kirby,and Pikmin be the big franchise titles for '08.

Taxman

Vicarious Visions is working on an unannounced DS game, so add that in i guess. It'll probably get revealed then.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
ziran said:
Nintendo DS
What about?

Square-Enix
- Dragon Quest IX
- Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
- Final Fantasy IV
- Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
- Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2
- Front Mission 1st
- It's a Wonderful World (Jupiter)
- Seiken Densetsu: Heroes of Mana (Brownie Brown)

And:
- Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword (Team Ninja)
- Shin Tantei Series: Kyoto Atami Zekkai no Kotou (Tecmo)
- Contra 4 (Konami/WayFoward)
- Sonic RPG (Sega/Bioware)
- Anno 1701: Dawn of Discovery
- Archime-DS
- Glory Days 2
- Luminous Arc
- Professor Layton (Level 5)
- (The) Settlers
- (The) Silver Case
- (The) Silver Case Word 25
- Summon Night: Twin Age
- Tantei Jinguuji Saburou DS (Arc System Works)

farnham

Banned
I hope Sega develops Fzero Wii..

They got a talented Developer with Amusement vision and they delivered quality content unlike Starfox Assault..

Also the sales werent that bad either..

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
hmm, good list. its good to note that monolith soft is working on another Wii project. this one an RPG. also, isnt N-space also owned mostly by nintendo? if i remember, they were working VERY closely with nintendo on bringing Geist to life, even if the engine wasnt that great in the end.

Nintendo has no formal investment in n-Space, nor should they really. Kuju, the Excitetruck guys, or any number of other indie studios would make far better investments.

The rumor is that n-Space is developing Star Wars games for Nintendo platforms.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Nintendo has no formal investment in n-Space, nor should they really. Kuju, the Excitetruck guys, or any number of other indie studios would make far better investments.

For N-Space, there is always the possibility that Nintendo may be sub-contracting them. This is something Nintendo has become very adept with third party coordinations for other publishers.

Jupiter, Silicon Knights, Nd Cube, Genus Sonority, Brownie Brown, Eighting have been involved in third party licensee publishers through coordinations from Nintendo.

Kind of like the dream team ideal all over, but this time extending to third parties. Nintendo provides inexpensive experience development teams willing to do the work for the publisher. Better than the third string teams anyway.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
jj984jj said:
What about?

Square-Enix
- Dragon Quest IX
- Dragon Quest Monsters: Joker
- Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: Ring of Fates
- Final Fantasy IV
- Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
- Final Fantasy Tactics Advance 2
- Front Mission 1st
- It's a Wonderful World (Jupiter)
- Seiken Densetsu: Heroes of Mana (Brownie Brown)

And:
- Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword (Team Ninja)
- Shin Tantei Series: Kyoto Atami Zekkai no Kotou (Tecmo)
- Contra 4 (Konami/WayFoward)
- Sonic RPG (Sega/Bioware)
- Anno 1701: Dawn of Discovery
- Archime-DS
- Glory Days 2
- Luminous Arc
- Professor Layton (Level 5)
- (The) Settlers
- (The) Silver Case
- (The) Silver Case Word 25
- Summon Night: Twin Age
- Tantei Jinguuji Saburou DS (Arc System Works)

How many of those are US 2007 releases?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Kiriku said:
How many of those are US 2007 releases?
Since when is this topic about games coming out in the US this year? I expect a new FFXIII trailer yet sometimes I wonder if it'll come out here in 2008 or 2009.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
Dr. Mario Wii. Although, like the skeptics I kind of think it is just an older Dr. Mario. But there are a million versions of Dr. Mario. NES, SNES, N64, GCN, GBC, GBA. Maybe it would make sense for Nintendo to release a somewhat specific Wii one instead of deciding which ones to port.

Okay. But to answer your question.

Software Production Group No. 2 - Hitoshi Yamagami (Nintendo Co, Ltd)

Nintendo Puzzle Collection, Dr. Mario + Puzzle League, Tetris DS, Mahjong DS, Super Princess Peach, Wario: Master of Disguise, Picross DS, Planet Puzzle League all come from this division.

Although, keep in mind the group is very small. Most of the games above are produced under the division, but developed by a different developer. Some games are completely done in-house though like Tetris DS and Mahjong DS.

Hitoshi Yamagami's roots come from R&D1. He was a puzzle freak involved in all the puzzlers from Nintendo in the 80's and 90's. The original Tetris (NES/GB version), Dr. Mario, Tetris Attack, Picross, Mahjong, Yoshi's Cookie.. he has been involved in all of them.

Kiriku

SWEDISH PERFECTION
jj984jj said:
Since when is this topic about games coming out in the US this year?

I don't see the problem? It's related to Nintendo platforms, releases, 2007, US, what to expect - it was just a simple question. :| If you don't want to answer it, maybe someone else can? I'm just curious how many of those games I can look forward to for the rest of the year, and I haven't been keeping up on all the different release dates.

schuelma said:
need....translation...
BABELFISH'D
Nikkei said:
Game software major company such as バンダイナムコゲームス and Sega, relative importance of software development the SONY computer entertainment (for SCE) from is moving to Nintendo Co.. As for バンダイナムコ and Sega for Nintendo Co. which is sold in 2007 the quantity of software planning redoubling at preceding year ratio. As for SCE squeezing to the large-sized work which can anticipate hit, it advances development. As for number of shipments 3 of major companies which add カプコン for Nintendo Co. for SCE it is the prospect that it is reversed. The Nintendo Co. portable type game machine "ニンテンドー DS" and deferred type "Wii (ウィー)" vis-a-vis favorable demand, high functional machine "place t Shaun 3 of SCE (PS3)" it has been restrained. Software each company seeing the spread of the Nintendo Co. game machine, throwing the new work rapidly. On the one hand, high efficiency for PS3 of the merchandise as for the software is a tendency where production expense expands, cannot avoid becoming prudent.
I'd make a thread about it but I'd need a better translation

edit:
place t Shaun 3 of SCE (PS3)
LULZ

Krowley

I'm really curious about what retro's other game might be. I imagine it's something hardcore oriented, which is great, but i'm wondering if it would be a new IP or a revival.

The wii really needs a good multiplayer FPS, but I would also love to see a Kid Icarus revival.

Edit// I also wonder if they will even show it at E3.

Top Bottom