• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

new Tales of games ( Wii , DS , PSP , PS2 ) scan

jooey said:
jesus christ, like Tales ever HAD a lead platform. they're announced in clusters anyway. it doesn't. ****ing. matter.

Pfft, Tales has graced basically all systems, but it's definitely had lead platforms. First was PS1, then PS2 (definitely), then the PSP, even though it only got 1 new game in the series, it had a port of basically every game in the series. Now Namco I guess is deciding "hey, the DS is selling pretty ok", so they're going to give the DS a chance (****ing finally). Let's hope they don't screw it up ****ing royally this time.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
ToD is confirmed for PS2.

kiryogi said:
Since no ones ran it down yet:

Tales of Innonence

December 2007

Developer: Alfa Systems (Tales of the World series)

Character Design: Inomata Mutsumi

Luka/Ruka?: Akiko Kimura
Iria: Sasamoto Youko

Opening Movie by Production IG (typical)
Field in full 3d polygons

Battle System: Dimension Stride LMB

Opening song by KOKIA
Thanks for the info. :D

ethelred

fCXfsCZyF.jpg

Tales of Destiny DC

kiryogi

Banned
Tales of Destiny Directors cut:

Leon mode, featuring the backstory behind him. (Oh snap fangirls go crazy)
New Subcharacter events
New difficulty modes
New hints for dungeons! lawl.

LE Edition has box, soundtrack and booklet.

kiryogi said:
Tales of Destiny Directors cut:

Leon mode, featuring the backstory behind him. (Oh snap fangirls go crazy)
New Subcharacter events
New difficulty modes
New hints for dungeons! lawl.

LE Edition has box, soundtrack and booklet.
Pfft, that's not a director's cut, that the milk it dry version with a sponge up the last of the goodwill edition.

Kuran

Banned
They need to STOP making Tales games for a long while!!!

This is just stupid. By churning them out at this great speed it just lowers my expectations on each game..

ethelred

cw_sasuke said:
And TotT Already looked very nice for a ds game...

It looked okay. Character models were pretty atrocious, in-battle and out -- there's clearly a huge improvement there in Innocence. Actually, it looks massively better in most ways. The monsters are looking great, too, and that city background is very nice with lots of detail.

By the way I can already tell what Innocence's story is going to be, there's gonna be racist folk that persecute people for being of different ethnicity, even though, in reality, they're... innocent
lololz

Shouta

Man, DS is the lead platform for Tales now? It's DQ all over again but possibly even worse. =|

At least we'll get Rebirth on the PSP and "Tales of Leon for the Fangirls" before it sinks into the depths of stupid. ;(

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Chris Michael said:
By the way I can already tell what Innocence's story is going to be, there's gonna be racist folk that persecute people for being of different ethnicity, even though, in reality, they're... innocent
lololz

I haven't played enough Tales games to judge, but is that the general storyline for all of the series?

Terrell

Wow, awesome character designs for the Symphonia game. Wii's getting a lot more announcements that resemble REAL games. Must not have known about Wii Fit yet, right guys? :lol

Shouta

BorkBork said:
I haven't played enough Tales games to judge, but is that the general storyline for all of the series?

Running gag about most Tales games involving some sort of racism/furry hate/hate everyone spiel. You'll find it in the plots most of the time but it isn't usually the central element of the story.

Durante

Tabris said:
Wow, Tales milking is getting worse than Final Fantasy, and unlike Final Fantasy, the gameplay is generally the same between all the titles.
I wouldn't say "the same", but far more so than between FF titles for sure. Also, their story elements are slightly repetitive at times as well. But this is GAF, here FF is the series being milked.

Durante said:
I wouldn't say "the same", but far more so than between FF titles for sure. Also, their story elements are slightly repetitive at times as well. But this is GAF, here FF is the series being milked.

Um, compare recent To-announcments with recent FF-announcements. It´s like 5 or such To and 100 FF-games :-/

MasterMFauli said:
Um, compare recent To-announcments with recent FF-announcements. It´s like 5 or such To and 100 FF-games :-/

Yeah, but with FF, you have a tactics game here and a fighting game there and a mainline game here. But with Tales it's all the same mostly.

Sagitario

OMFG! I can't hold my excitement for this news! :D

160fs312561.gif

kiryogi said:
New Symphonia game, takes place 2 years after. Still featuring a Free run based LMB.

YAY!

160fs312561.gif

Seriously, where the hell is Kurosaki? I'm worried now...

Ahh I just noticed that the enemies in that TOI screenshot are the same as the ones in TOTA, they even seem to match the graphic quality of the PS2 game! (Although that's probably just the small screenshot hiding up the lower poly count)

Durante

MasterMFauli said:
The difference being that the FF games are RPGs, Action RPGS, Fighters, SRPGs, heack even an RTS! While the tales games are ... Tales-of RPGs. Now, I happen to actually like those, but it still seems obvious to me which one is more repetitive :/

Edit: Too late.

Shouta

Dude, too many Pokemon on screen, I had to edit j00 face off.

Nuclear Muffin said:
Ahh I just noticed that the enemies in that TOI screenshot are the same as the ones in TOTA, they even seem to match the graphic quality of the PS2 game! (Although that's probably just the small screenshot hiding up the lower poly count)

Definitely not of the same quality. Are you tired? =P

kiryogi

Banned
I forgot to mention that all main Symphonia characters will appear in it and the new main chars will end up assisting them. There's also something about being able invite monsters into your party and raise them.

Durante

Nuclear Muffin said:
Now the graphics look nice for DS and all, but that's just nonsense. Even on the small scan shots they seem more PS1 than PS2 in terms of graphics.

Sagitario

kiryogi said:
I forgot to mention that all main Symphonia characters will appear in it and the new main chars will end up assisting them. There's also something about being able invite monsters into your party and raise them.

Tales meets Pokémon = Million seller :p

Shouta: But my excitement! :_(

ethelred

Shouta said:
Definitely not of the same quality. Are you tired? =P

Yeeeaaahhh... it's definitely not PS2-level. That's silly. The monsters do look really nice, though, and they are high quality.

Farore said:
Tales meets Pokémon = Million seller :p

More like Tales meets DQV.

More like Final Fantasy XIII meets Grand Theft Auto

Wait, what were we talking about again?

Anyway, I like the character designs (clothing, et al) of the ToI characters, but the artstyle seems... off.

Top Bottom