• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 and Xbox One UK Pre-order sales data - Hard data included! [Updated]

360 is popular here in the UK, from the people I have spoken to they are very disappointed in Xbox One despite used game/DRM reversal

Price, Mandatory Kinect etc. they expected better than what's coming as did I. I will probably get one eventually as a long term Xbox fan but PS4 is the system that has got me excited for next gen, not Xbox

satam55

Banned
The interesting take from all of this is to see how will Call of Duty players look like come launch day, and the weeks following it.

Call of Duty is top dog for any console game, and it shows the dominance of a console by looking at the numbers playing online.

It will be very interesting to see those numbers go down for Microsoft, and land Sony as the number one console. Let's see how the partnership between Activision and Microsoft will differ if Sony takes the number one spot.

CoD is not going to be as dominant as you think for next gen. The story will remain the same for current gen, though.

I think you are right. Seems to be more hype for Battlefield than COD when it comes to next gen consoles. Next gen might be the turning point in which COD starts losing its popularity by a significant amount -- similar to how Madden lost its HUGE popularity late in the PS2 gen during the first years of the 360 & PS3's life.

We'll see though.

For what it's worth I'm a 360 CoD player having bought every single one, day one since CoD 4 and I'm getting CoD Ghosts for PS4. Though my friends are most likely getting it on Xbox One.

Yep, well said. Battlefield definitely looks to be more of a 'next-gen' shooter for a lot of console players, where as Ghosts looks like just more Call of Duty. I also think that Titanfall and Destiny, though those are coming later, will also bring new ideas to the table for FPS fans where as CoD continues to tread water.

I definitely agree with you, CoD's dominance of the FPS market will most certainly wane this coming gen.

I think a lot of people don't realize how huge BF3 already was. Really not that much off from COD numbers.

I feel like the fps crowd will stick to the current gen for CoD and BF until Destiny and Titanfall are released.

Um, no? It's not like people are going to suddenly forget two of the biggest franchises in gaming once a few other shooters come out.

"Battlefield 4" is getting so much more hype than "CoD: Ghosts" this year, I expect "Battlefield 4" to outsell "CoD: Ghosts" on PS4, Xbox1, & PC. While "CoD: Ghosts" outsells "Battlefield 4"on Xbox 360 & PS3.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
3:2 is actually pretty good for xbox one, especially given their pricing. Sony need to keep pushing and get volumes out there to build up momentum before the inevitable MS price cut next year.

In spain the thing will be a disaster for ms i asked to several colleagues who work on some of the biggest chains here (fnac,corte ingles,mediamartk)and the ratio of ps4 vs xbox preorders is abismal for the xbox one on some franchises is circa 24vs6

UPDATE

PS4 LTD Total - 3210
Xbox One LTD Total - 1990

Net additions:

PS4 - 900
XB1 - 590

For the week just passed, PS4 > XB1 by a 2:1 ratio.

Maths OP
coco.jpg

4110/2580=1.59

That is a 3:2 ratio, not 2:1.

Like the shaders count difference :D

Acorn

Came for the numbers and left with some Sesame Street pictures. This is shaping up to be a gooooooood friday.

CTLance

That muppet themed backfire is a thing of beauty.

Back on topic, thanks for the update. Also, thanks to our mysterious leaker. Nice to see some numbahs in all of this chaos.

"Battlefield 4" is getting so much more hype than "CoD: Ghosts" this year, I expect "Battlefield 4" to outsell "CoD: Ghosts" on PS4, Xbox1, & PC. While "CoD: Ghosts" outsells "Battlefield 4"on Xbox 360 & PS3.

Is this a joke?

Chance of this happening... hmmm about .0001%.

Well you're handling defeat pretty well.

This is about manipulated perception.

1. You present 2 different numbers showing a steady 2:3 ratio after around a month of pre orders.
2. You talk about a 2:1 ratio for 2 days in the last line of your post, not showing any solid data.
I'm surprise the ratio from PS4 to Xbox One is 2:1

I thought it would be MUCH lower.

2:1 is getting back to the PS2 levels. Leaving WiiU out of the picture of course....

So PS4 pre orders are almost double that of the Xbone, nice
etc...
4. Profit!!!

1. You present 2 different numbers showing a steady 2:3 ratio after around a month of pre orders.
2. You talk about a 2:1 ratio for 2 days in the last line of your post, not showing any solid data.

etc...
4. Profit!!!
Doesn't change the fact that you failed hard at reading the information presented.

PS4 120
XB1 55

Week to date total for the region.

LTD game software pre-orders, combined platforms:

CoD Ghosts - 1000
Watch_dogs - 400
Destiny - 100
Forza < 100
FIFA - 200

Again, data is good to 17/07/13.

beast786

PS4 120
XB1 55

CoD Ghosts - 1000
Watch_dogs - 400
Destiny - 100
Forza < 100
FIFA - 200

Funny thing is all those games are coming to XB1, and couple with exclusive DLC. Yet, people are Pre-ordering PS4

Raymo

PS4 120
XB1 55

Dat manipulated perception.

Funny thing is all those games are coming to XB1, and couple with exclusive DLC. Yet, people are Pre-ordering PS4

Maybe that will clue these companies in that timed exclusive dlc is worthless.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Forza 5 is not coming to PS4 and is 60 FPS, so I don't even know why it isn't successful.

Fourth time I've ever noticed dr. apocalipsis in a thread, fourth time I've seen him fail hard. At least he is consistent.

I think you are right. Seems to be more hype for Battlefield than COD when it comes to next gen consoles. Next gen might be the turning point in which COD starts losing its popularity by a significant amount -- similar to how Madden lost its HUGE popularity late in the PS2 gen during the first years of the 360 & PS3's life.

We'll see though.

I think CoD will always be a Goliath in some capacity, and no people do not compare it to Tony Hawk, they were never in the same league commercially. I do wonder if there is any hard evidence of Black Ops II doing slower then previous games though. I heard it was ... then it wasn't.

hackdog

Banned
PS4 120
XB1 55

CoD Ghosts - 1000
Watch_dogs - 400
Destiny - 100
Forza < 100
FIFA - 200

Watch Dogs outdoing FIFA? omgwtfbbq? Surely this is from Wales not england. They prefer rugby there.

The mainstream love Fifa but I'm not sure if the mainstream are the same bunch of people to preorder this early for a new console.

jwk94

Maths OP
http://seriesdeantes.files.wordpress.com/2010/05/coco.jpg[IMG]

4110/2580=1.59

That is a 3:2 ratio, not 2:1.

Like the shaders count difference :D[/QUOTE]

[quote="Striek, post: 71518041"]Reading comprehension random poster.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/nkztkC6.jpg[IMG]

Those updated LTDs already include the "net additions", and >2:1 was in the last week only (no specifics given).[/QUOTE]
The sesame Street characters make these two posts so much more amusing.

Rixa

2k Xbone preoders and <100 for Forza means only 5% attachment ratio - wtf?

That mantadory day 1 patch for Forza might be one reason for the crappy preorders.
First you need to patch X1 and then you need to patch Forza.

nib95

Banned
That mantadory day 1 patch for Forza might be one reason for the crappy preorders.
First you need to patch X1 and then you need to patch Forza.

That's not it lol. Forza has never been a huge seller. Having said that, my guess is there's loads of people buying just to sell on for profit, eg scalping. Be interesting to see software sales figures at years end. My guess is third party stuff will kill it, first party not so much.

...but that really shouldn't affect Forza that much, since it's not on PlayStation consoles, surely?

Affects people who want a racing game. The definitive racing game of current gen for £40 (or £230 if you don't have a PS3) or a next gen racer for £480, that isn't called GT.

Like it or lump it, GT6 is going to steamroll the other racing titles this Xmas in Europe, next gen especially because of the high purchase price.

Edit: Even Driveclub will have issues vs GT6, why do you think Sony added DC lite to PS+. GT is the premier console racing franchise. All of them bar GT2 have shipped over 10m and the prologue titles ship more units than Forza mainline.

Affects people who want a racing game. The definitive racing game of current gen for £40 (or £230 if you don't have a PS3) or a next gen racer for £480, that isn't called GT.

Like it or lump it, GT6 is going to steamroll the other racing titles this Xmas in Europe, next gen especially because of the high purchase price.

Fair point well made.

2k Xbone preoders and <100 for Forza means only 5% attachment ratio - wtf?
I've pre-ordered a PS4, but I haven't pre-ordered any games.

Two reasons - bundles not yet disclosed, and prices from all publishers not yet confirmed so as a result prices are for the most part in placeholder status, they will potentially be lower.

Whilst most places do a pre-order price drop thing, it doesn't mean there will be a drop and for some games I'm not willing to drop £60 on.

Also I guess a third thing would be that the console will likely be in short supply, games likely won't so you could probably walk in to a shop on game one and buy any game you like without the need to pre-order.

Top Bottom