• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 and Xbox One UK Pre-order sales data - Hard data included! [Updated]

By the time they do that, if they ever do that, in Europe, it will be too late.

It's already likely too late for mainland Europe

While I agree there's no clear brand loyalty in the US or UK, mainland Europe does seem to play for PS consistently, a bit like Japan

otapnam

This isn't anything new or that much related to the DRM stuff.
Europe, as a whole, has been Sony and Nintendo territory for years, same as Japan. Had not been for Europe, Sony would have never managed to catch up to 360 sales.
Xbox has always been pretty much an America box, and it's doesn't seem to be changing anytime soon with Sony launching pretty much in all major countries by february 2014 and nintendo also on the market for a year.

It was definitely proven hearing from an actual European's mouth than just forums. We talked about the 360 arcade version and how it was shitty to force consumers to buy the official overpriced hard drives. Ps3 was just a better proposition

Biker19

Banned
It was definitely proven hearing from an actual European's mouth than just forums. We talked about the 360 arcade version and how it was shitty to force consumers to buy the official overpriced hard drives. Ps3 was just a better proposition.

Agreed. With PS3, you can just install any 2.5" internal laptop HDD from a 3rd party company. And it'll be the same with PS4.

With Microsoft though, you're forced to spend hundreds of dollars on their proprietary HDD's for Xbox 360. And notice how they said for Xbox One that, "External HDD's will not work or be supported at launch." The key words there: At launch.

Now why do you think that's happening? Because they're probably going to come out with their own proprietary external HDD's for Xbox One & again, make you spend hundreds of dollars on them.

This is the UK, where the situation was 2:1 in favor of Xbox360, so having a reversal like this is pretty big and would be in the same league of say Netherland numbers which we saw where PS4 was winning 4:1 simply because Xbox360 was never that big over there. Also zomg mentioned that Xbone is still selling through day one editions, while PS4 pre-orders cannot be guaranteed on day one anymore.

Apologies I should have mentioned I am also talking about a UK retailer, also looking at company wide figures it is much closer to 4:1 across the whole company with both Day One and PS4 first day preorders now sold out. I have further figures I may provide to zomg.

DBT85

Apologies I should have mentioned I am also talking about a UK retailer, also looking at company wide figures it is much closer to 4:1 across the whole company with both Day One and PS4 first day preorders now sold out. I have further figures I may provide to zomg.

Very interesting.

Freki

Please do so - more data is always welcome!

TechnicPuppet

Nothing! I said nothing!

You are saying a large UK retailer has taken a 4:1 ratio of PS4 preorders to XB1?

DBT85

You are saying a large UK retailer has taken a 4:1 ratio of PS4 preorders to XB1?

He is. And with 5:1 in the flagship store.

Considering we expect the main retailer of this thread to be Game, there aren't exactly many other high street retailers that will be taking pre orders and are smaller outside of tiny indies with 2 or 3 stores.

I think I know who it might be.

Based entirely in the North from Derby/Nottingham upwards you could pretty much draw a line under their southerly most store and call that the top half of England.

Considering we expect the main retailer of this thread to be Game, there aren't exactly many other high street retailers that will be taking pre orders and are smaller outside of tiny indies with 2 or 3 stores.

Based entirely in the North from Derby/Nottingham upwards you could pretty much draw a line under their southerly most store and call that the top half of England.

Grainger?

I'm almost inclined to believe that ratio simply because both consoles have sold out, but reports seem to hint that there will be far more PS4's available to sell on day one compared to the Xbox. (and the fact the Ps4 sold out before the Xbox)

stryke

You might have to verify yourself with a mod of you're going to make these numbers public.

SHADES

I thought it was mentioned in the original OP where it showed figures for the GAME exclusive PS4 bundle meaning the retailer in question is in fact GAME?

That's how I read it at the time.

RulkezX

I thought it was mentioned in the original OP where it showed figures for the GAME exclusive PS4 bundle meaning the retailer in question is in fact GAME?

Zomg and wanderingsoul are talking about 2 different retailers I think.

The OP is about Game.

DBT85

Does Grainger Games even have a flagship store? I was thinking that post was about HMV in London our something like that.

If they do then it might be the one in the Metrocentre in Newcastle/Gateshead. That was at one point their Flagship, but that might have changed as they have expended over the years.

Not sure about HMV though, they still have 140 stores. Game has about 330. Grainger has 68.

Grainger?

I'm almost inclined to believe that ratio simply because both consoles have sold out, but reports seem to hint that there will be far more PS4's available to sell on day one compared to the Xbox. (and the fact the Ps4 sold out before the Xbox)

Is my guess yes.

So has the Fifa announcement really made a difference if the numbers are that dire?

Since you can still get the PS4 and Fifa for less than an Xbone, it does not appear to be the case, no. Xbox wasn't doing so bad before everyone knew the prices of them both.

The OP is, I believe, about Game, thought I do not thing Zomg has ever confirmed that. Though those bundles were referencing bundles with a game, rather Game (the shop) exclusive bundles.

mrklaw

MrArseFace
So has the Fifa announcement really made a difference if the numbers are that dire?

possibly not that much. Plus in the UK, Fifa is out on 360/PS3 next week and GAME's £40 guaranteed trade-in price to encourage upsell from PS3-PS4 and 360-Xbox one means the xbox pack-in is less attractive I think.

SHADES

If they do then it might be the one in the Metrocentre in Newcastle/Gateshead. That was at one point their Flagship, but that might have changed as they have expended over the years.

Not sure about HMV though, they still have 140 stores. Game has about 330. Grainger has 68.

Is my guess yes.

Since you can still get the PS4 and Fifa for less than an Xbone, it does not appear to be the case, no. Xbox wasn't doing so bad before everyone knew the prices of them both.

The OP is, I believe, about Game, thought I do not thing Zomg has ever confirmed that. Though those bundles were referencing bundles with a game, rather Game (the shop) exclusive bundles.

It's long since been edited/updated but I'm sure the bundles were reference to the GAME exclusive bundle, which as since been removed by GAME itself.

Chaostar

It's long since been edited/updated but I'm sure the bundles were reference to the GAME exclusive bundle, which as since been removed by GAME itself.

I have that bundle preordered, did they take it off because it's not available at all or they sold out? :s

Surely they would have informed me if my preorder had been affected right?

SHADES

I have that bundle preordered, did they take it off because it's not available at all or they sold out? :s

Surely they would have informed me if my preorder had been affected right?

Same here bud, pre-ordered the morning after E3 press conference & I was really looking forward to owning a retail copy of Driveclub. I've also had no notification of changes & Moobabe (works at game) said it most likely got pulled & was only a standard PS4 with the 2 games thrown in hence no change to our order status.

Guess I'll get the ps+ version of Driveclub now.

Chaostar

Same here bud, pre-order the morning after E3 press conference & I was really looking forward to owning a retail copy of Driveclub. I've also had no notification of changes & Moobabe (works at game) said it most likely got pulled & I was only a standard PS4 with the 2 games thrown in hence no change to our order status.

Guess I'll get the ps+ version of Driveclub now.

Well, that sucks.

Guess I'll have to pay my local game a visit, was gonna ask about preordering some accessories with it anyway. Thanks for the reply.

SHADES

Well, that sucks.

Guess I'll have to pay my local game a visit, was gonna ask about preordering some accessories with it anyway. Thanks for the reply.

No worries, I was hoping it getting pulled was a coincidence with the Amazon/Killzone bundle as the game bundle looked overpriced ( even with no price announced it was on the cards that GAME wouldnt get any where near Amazons value) but guess they just pulled it.

DBT85

Overheard this second in Manchester Game. Preorders for the "region"

XBox One - 4000
PS4 - 7500

Make of that what you will

Better for the PS4 than the data we have in this thread.

Typically it's been 3:2, but those numbers put it at 3.75:2

No idea if there are more numbers for the region we already have. I know it's Zomg that posts em but it's another user here that actually gets them.

Also guy in the shop getting the really hard sell for an XBOX One. Amusing to listen to

Mind paraphrasing?

I'd love to know how on-the-ground retail staff promotes a product, since the dude you're referring to sounds hardcore, which means he probably used the training manual very close to what MS expects the sales retail to do.

Mind paraphrasing?

I'd love to know how on-the-ground retail staff promotes a product, since the dude you're referring to sounds hardcore, which means he probably used the training manual very close to what MS expects the sales retail to do.

So the chap was saying about Kinect 2.0 a lot and the advanced powers it has. Mentioned you can turn it off if you don't want it. Tried selling on the TV stuff but the guy was non-pleased.

To be fair I think the hard sell was because he said GAME/Microsoft will guarantee you a close to launch console whilst they're on "phase 3" with PS4 and you might not get it till after Xmas.

Also guy in the shop getting the really hard sell for an XBOX One. Amusing to listen to

Sounds similar to EB Games down here. They have been talking shit about PS4 since the Xbone was revealed. Even going so far as to say PS4 is half as powerful as the Xbone, which is why there is a difference in price lol

Top Bottom