• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bioshock for Ps3 non-confirmation by Tengu!

Mistouze said:
You forgot special cameos by Solid Snake, Jesus and Mario.

whoops...how could I forget jesus?

I heard its also being directed by Tarantino...but it's a straight to bluray movie....which is interesting.

PleoMax

Banned
Fixed2BeBroken said:
whoops...how could I forget jesus?

I heard its also being directed by Tarantino...but it's a straight to bluray movie....which is interesting.

It's actually a dual feat, Robert Rodriguez is directing the 2nd half of it. I heard the budget is huge.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
Some people reaaally don't want this game to come out for PS3..........or Wii lol.

I sold my 360 after the second failure and it wasn't even RROD and I'm not exactly foaming at the mouth to buy another one just to play Bioshock. I figure since PS3 is getting HL2Gold, UE3, CoD4, Haze, KZ2 and now maybe Bioshock then I can get away with satiisfying my lust for quality FPS's on just a PS3 alone. Would be great news for me and others who are waiting for Falcons but were tempted to cave in for Bioshock alone. It's enough for me to at least wait and see now. If there is no official confirmation by the time the Falcons come out and another price drop then I'll dive in with MS again.

PleoMax

Banned
We care.

I actually feel sympathetic torwards you. I've sold my 360 day after it was released because there were no games, so fuck, piece of shit.

Now i'm waiting for the Eagle to launch and drop to 99$, and then maybe i'll buy another one.

Mrmitts

Banned
So now, assuming this is actually some evidence, and not just typical UE3 junk; will the PS3 have an inferior version?

As far as I'm aware 2K Games is one of the select few devs that has created good PS3 ports.

Mrmitts said:
So now, assuming this is actually some evidence, and not just typical UE3 junk; will the PS3 have an inferior version?

As far as I'm aware 2K Games is one of the select few devs that has created good PS3 ports.

dude, they hired Hideo Kojima to oversee the port. it will be a top notch port.

I personally couldn't care less whether this comes to PS3 but just to reaffirm why we are confident in this - the PS3 Version was subtly hinted to us to be in the works by a senior programmer back at GDC 07. Since then we have had numerous industry figures add validity to this rumor. The game was originally multi platform, and Kevine Levine, when asked did not quash the possibility. From where we stand we are confident the game is in development for PS3 and the usual word games are going on, meaning they will announce it when they are ready to announce it and it probably won't be announced for a quite a while – to allow the 360 to get the “exclusivity period” they paid for. That's all I know. I'm not fussed if I'm wrong, but that's they way things look from where I'm standing.

PistolGrip

sex vacation in Guam
Fixed2BeBroken said:
dude, you're just gonna miss out. ps3 bioshock is gonna have online multiplayer, bonus side story missions and unlockable playable characters and is gonna include the movie "bioshock" starring tom cruise on bluray.
:O Sold!

NoUseMercenary said:
I personally couldn't care less whether this comes to PS3 but just to reaffirm why we are confident in this - the PS3 Version was subtly hinted to us to be in the works by a senior programmer back at GDC 07. Since then we have had numerous industry figures add validity to this rumor. The game was originally multi platform, and Kevine Levine, when asked did not quash the possibility. From where we stand we are confident the game is in development for PS3 and the usual word games are going on, meaning they will announce it when they are ready to announce it and it probably won't be announced for a quite a while – to allow the 360 to get the “exclusivity period” they paid for. That's all I know. I'm not fussed if I'm wrong, but that's they way things look from where I'm standing.
shhhh people are very sensitive about exclusivity remember the blankee! Mention FF coming to PC/360 and ma crew will find you and Shank you!

PleoMax

Banned
NoUseMercenary said:

Purely from a business perspective, it's a who the fuck cares for MS here. When Bioshock releases on the Ps3, it will no longer matter, and sales on that system won't be anything to write home about.

That's why time Exclusives work as well as Full exclusives.

Shaheed79

dabbled in the jelly
You guys need a nap. So what if it comes to PS3 it just means more people get to play it. Great games like this should be played by as many people as possible.

TekunoRobby

Tag of Excellence
I gotta be honest guys, I'm the owner of Tengu. It's a restaurant that serves awesome food and handles PS3 ports.

Expect PS3 BioShock early next month with extra meat and no veggies. A California roll is also included.

PleoMax

Banned
Shaheed79 said:
You guys need a nap. So what if it comes to PS3 it just means more people get to play it. Great games like this should be played by as many people as possible.

Dude who cares about that shit. Here we worry about financial and market success, fuck that "I want every gamer to play this great game" kind of useless mentality.

Fady K

PleoMax said:
Purely from a business perspective, it's a who the fuck cares for MS here. When Bioshock releases on the Ps3, it will no longer matter, and sales on that system won't be anything to write home about.

That's why time Exclusives work as well as Full exclusives.

Not that I think the sales will be special, but we cant be sure. And it will matter when and if Bioshock hits the PS3 simply cause more people will get to play it. When Oblivion hit the PS3 at least a 120,000 PS3 owners got to play it in the first month alone.

I just looked at this 'code' again. Its not code at all.

;; Console (XBox360, PS3) specific settings

;; StreamingDynamicFloatingLimit:
;; If this is a positive number, then instead of using the fixed per-level
;; limits, the StreamingDynamic resource will use as much memory as is
;; available as long as the total memory allocated by the game is less than
;; the specified number. In other words, StreamingDynamic will grow and
;; shrink to fit to the availa

That isn't game code, those are instructions/hints for developers as to what values to use when programming for streaming data. Texture streaming of course being one of UE3s features for the next-gen consoles, and what engine is BioShock based upon?

This is the game code;

StreamingDynamicFloatingLimit=500

Course some may say "why leave the refernce to the PS3 in there"? Valid question, though I'd ask first why is the code to dynamic streaming left into the PC code? Because if it isn't broken, don't try to fix it!

All that being said, I'm sure Bioshock will be out on the PS3 in the future. There have been no firm denials from 2kgames on the issue. In fact their forum FAQ states;

What systems will BioShock be on?

BioShock is currently an exclusive for Xbox 360 as well as Windows XP and Vista based PC's.

Currently an exclusive...doesn't imply that its a permanent thing now does it?

Seems the game is pretty good, so if it does come to PS3 then it'll be great news. As for those talking about getting a 360, sorry, don't want to waste my cash on an unreliable piece of shit.

$450 (what the game and system would cost me here) is not exactly pocket change.

Jenga

Banned
Logan Cano said:
Seems the game is pretty good, so if it does come to PS3 then it'll be great news. As for those talking about getting a 360, sorry, don't want to waste my cash on an unreliable piece of shit.

$450 (what the game and system would cost me here) is not exactly pocket change.
troll

DuckRacer

Logan Cano said:
Erm, aren't the new 360s (ones with HDMI and second heatsink) now reliable?

PleoMax

Banned
Logan Cano said:

*slow clap*

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Duck said:

Nope...not till the 65m chipsets come in.

You know something, I have no idea what 65m chipsets are. No clue. I do know that they're better then whats in the Xbox 360 now, which are 90m chipsets. Not a clue why, but I talk like I know what I'm talking about. But I don't.

What has this console generation done to me? Gah!

Madman

Duck said:
Theoretically, but there is no guarentee the problem will be fixed.

It's no guarentee Bioshock is going to the PS3, but given 2K's actions, it wouldn't
Bio
shock me.

chubigans said:
Nope...not till the 65m chipsets come in.

You know something, I have no idea what 65m chipsets are. No clue. I do know that they're better then whats in the Xbox 360 now, which are 90m chipsets. Not a clue why, but I talk like I know what I'm talking about. But I don't.

What has this console generation done to me? Gah!

Wow way to put things down when you even admit you don't know what the fuck your talking about. Ban please.

Jenga said:

So, is calling a piece of consumer electronics with a more than 30% failure rate shit considered trolling?? What makes it different from shitty DVD players that brake down in droves or fucked up speakers?? You'd call those shit, wouldn't you?? Oh, but I know, since the 360 is a deary dear console that I wove with all my heart, I can't call it that.

The 360, as it currently is, is a piece of shit. No amount of emotional attachment is going to change that.

Oh, and btw, 65 nm is supposedly better since those chips produce less heat. That's why so many cheerleaders want that to happen, so a neg bullet point for the 360 is dropped.

Jenga

Banned
Logan Cano said:
So, is calling a piece of consumer electronics with a more than 30% failure rate shit considered trolling?? What makes it different from shitty DVD players that brake down in droves or fucked up speakers?? You'd call those shit, wouldn't you?? Oh, but I know, since the 360 is a deary dear console that I wove with all my heart, I can't call it that.

The 360, as it currently is, is a piece of shit. No amount of emotional attachment is going to change that.
I think it's hilarious you think I'm a 360 fanboy. troll

Logan Cano said:

*shrug* I agree. I'm afraid of buying one. I think it's a great system and there are good games on it, I'm just not convinced that they're worth it at the moment.

brandonh83 said:
*shrug* I agree. I'm afraid of buying one. I think it's a great system and there are good games on it, I'm just not convinced that they're worth it at the moment.

Pretty much. It's not exactly a sound investment right now. If a revision with a true, proven fix (the warranty extension is merely a band aid), then it would be a good idea to get one if you got the money of course.

As of now, it's a very stupid choice to make.

Jenga said:
I think it's hilarious you think I'm a 360 fanboy. troll

Actually, you just posted the summed up version of what many would feel about my comment, so I used your comment to speak generally.

Either way, I doubt you can dispute the 360 to be a POS, because it's a piece of CE that will very, very likely break down.

Logan Cano said:
Pretty much. It's not exactly a sound investment right now. If a revision with a true, proven fix (the warranty extension is merely a band aid), then it would be a good idea to get one if you got the money of course.

Well still I don't think it's a good idea to make posts like that around here... despite the truth to it, it just isn't the right COA. :lol

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
Wow way to put things down when you even admit you don't know what the fuck your talking about. Ban please.

You wouldn't have known if I never told you. Perhaps you should commend me for my refreshing honesty. :D

lynux3

Zaraki_Kenpachi said:

It'd probably be better if you explained a little about the nm process.

My question... is the Xbox 360 reliable even if another heatsink is slapped onto the current design?

Either way, it's still a risk and one many are not willing to take. The next best thing to do is wait until Microsoft can put out a decent piece of hardware.

This game is not the single greatest game. Why are people making a such a big deal about a game call Bioshock? I mean guys, it's not the end of world.

You know, just for the sake of it, Bioshock should bomb so shit like this can stop. :lol :lol :lol :lol

Honesly, I think Bioshock is only big at GAf and mainstream? Uh, not so much.

Jenga

Banned
FortunateSon said:
This game is not the single greatest game. Why are people making a such a big deal about a game call Bioshock? I mean guys, it's not the end of world.

You know, just for the sake of it, Bioshock should bomb so shit like this can stop. :lol :lol :lol :lol

:lol :lol :lol

I've got to hand it to you, you never give up.

Fady K

FortunateSon said:

Dude, have you played it? The game is unbelievable. Sure, not everyone will dig it as much as others. I certainly fell in love with it.

Logan Cano said:
If a revision with a true, proven fix (the warranty extension is merely a band aid), then it would be a good idea to get one if you got the money of course.

1: You may never know if they're reliable or not. There's still plenty of old 360s out there that can (and maybe will) die.
2: Taking a "risk" on a console which may have problems, but is covered for three years anyway doesn't sound particularly stupid to me. It would be stupid if it was guaranteed to break (it's not) and it would be stupid if it broke and you weren't covered (you are). But we probably have different definitions of stupid.

Gadfly

While flying into a tree he exclaimed "Egad!"
Logan Cano said:

Oh, and btw, 65 nm is supposedly better since those chips produce less heat. That's why so many cheerleaders want that to happen, so a neg bullet point for the 360 is dropped.
I don't think you are a troll.

But you should remember it is not the accuracy of what you say that makes you a troll. it is how you say it and more importantly the context and how relevant (or irrelevant) you statement is to a discussion.

If you just keep repeating how a piece of shit 360 is and how you sold it to get a PS3, you can give the impression that you are not really have much to say about the real discussion here (which is how valid are the rumors about a PS3 port) but you are primary here to express your displeasure for 360 and your fondness for PS3 and that makes most level headed forum participants not to take you seriously.

My 2 cents.

Jenga

Banned
Gadfly said:
But you should remember it is not the accuracy of what you say that makes you a troll. it is how you say it and more importantly the context and how relevant (or irrelevant) you statement is to a discussion.

If you just keep repeating how a piece of shit 360 is and how you sold it to get a PS3, you can give the impression that you are not really have much to say about the real discussion here (which is how valid are the rumors about a PS3 port) but you are primary here to express your displeasure for 360 and your fondness for PS3 and that makes most level headed forum participants not to take you seriously.
Brilliant! I love you.

"You wouldn't have known if I never told you. Perhaps you should commend me for my refreshing honesty. "

Tousche as much as your post pisses me off I have to give you that. :/

"It'd probably be better if you explained a little about the nm process."

I thought this horse was beaten to death already but pretty much a 65nm chip is smaller, and due to its smaller size usually has a different architecture to some extent. Usually a 65nm chip will use less power and due to less power consumption produces less heat. 65nm also comes with other things that helps the manufacturer such as being able to add more die to the processor which helps make the cost of the processor cheaper for the manufacturer. That's more or less the jist of it. If the second heatsink doesn't start to fix the 3 rrod then this theoretically should help. Its just annoying when people don't know what they're talking about and use things they overhear other people saying without understanding what's happening. It may be fixed or it may not be before the 65nm even come out right now it's all a matter of time.

Hay guys, in case you didn't read in pretty much every other degenerated thread on GAF, your 360 is gonna break. This is NOOOOOOOOOOOOOZZZ!

brandonh83 said:
Well still I don't think it's a good idea to make posts like that around here... despite the truth to it, it just isn't the right COA. :lol

Yeah, I suppose I should stop calling it that. Hurts people's feelings. :p

Gadfly said:
I don't think you are a troll.

My 2 cents.

Well, I never said I sold my 360 to get a PS3. Actually, I've never had a 360, partly due to its unreliability and many other reasons. The cheerleaders do annoy me, though, how can anyone defend the unreliability of the machine and annoyance of having to send it to repair and wait for it is beyond me.

It's the damn emotional investment. If any of those dumbasses had a TV crap out on them as many times as their 360s had, you'd hear a much different story.

Anyway, I was merely responding to some people's attitudes of "get a 360. Don't wait"

DuckRacer

Logan Cano said:
...And because people are getting weary of shipping in their 360s time and time again. 65nm isn't wanted just so fanboys can go "TAKE DAT PS3".
FortunateSon said:

:lol

You've probably spent more time trolling BioShock than most people hyping it up. Just drop it. When you're getting into how well the game will sell as a detraction, you know you're grasping for straws.

Duck said:
...And because people are getting weary of shipping in their 360s time and time again. 65nm isn't wanted just so fanboys can go "TAKE DAT PS3".

I sincerely doubt it, given the "just send it in for repair, the warranty covers it" type of talk by some people.

Top Bottom