• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk’s expansion totally overhauls the original game: Totally rebuilds’ AI, vehicle combat being implemented skill trees, loot and more

Are they selling us again what we originally thought we had bought? Cool.
Yhey game gave a 50 minute demo. Everything that was shown in that demo was in the game? I followed the game closely, knew this was a CDPR and assumed it would have the same strengths as the witcher. Storytelling, atmosphere and quests. This game had that.

So as someone who followed every piece of marketing, and is very nerdy about following games im excited about. What did you think was not in the game that was advertised to you?

Puscifer

I still haven't finished it because it seems there's always a major upgrade around the corner, so I end up playing for a bit with each one. Looking forward to this.
Yep, reminds of Final Fantasy 15 I literally didn't get around to playing it till square basically said enough is enough and stopped the production of DLC they kept improving it over and over and over. But I was happy I finally did.

no, this time its actually believable cause its not on shitty ass generic ass POS hardware that was the ps4 and xbox one. many ppl think ps4 and xbox one were good machines, they were terrible. and cyberpunk showed the truth behind them, they could not handle the game, simple as that. cyberpunk with all the bells and whistles on PC is incredible looking, so now with next gen hardware its actually believable that all thees things are achivable.

It makes me sad when I realize how many casuals that play on console only have influence in the gaming space. The majority of the hate comes from console only players. Aka gamers that arent as into the hobby.

Same with doom eternal for example. Console players hate it because its not as console friendly as doom 2016. But they wine loud enough to where devs might hear them.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
It makes me sad when I realize how many casuals that play on console only have influence in the gaming space. The majority of the hate comes from console only players. Aka gamers that arent as into the hobby.

Same with doom eternal for example. Console players hate it because its not as console friendly as doom 2016. But they wine loud enough to where devs might hear them.

"Gamers that aren't as into the hobby"? That isn't how that works. Please piss off with the PCMR nonsense.

The reason why consoles are the focus on development is because that is the majority of the player base. Most gamers, and yes, that includes hardcore gamers, don't want to deal with settings, driver updates, messing about with ensuring the perfect 60/120 FPS experience with the settings dialed *juuuuust* right on for their hardware. They just want to pick up a controller and play the game. And I say this as someone who tends to spend 5 grand every 7-10 years for a new top of the line PC.

Also, "gamers that arent as into the hobby" as you put it are ones who usually simp for one particular brand/platform and dismiss others. Those who are actually into the hobby tend to buy every platform there is and keep an open mind on games of all kinds.

Last edited:

EDMIX

"Gamers that aren't as into the hobby"? That isn't how that works. Please piss off with the PCMR nonsense.

The reason why consoles are the focus on development is because that is the majority of the player base. Most gamers, and yes, that includes hardcore gamers, don't want to deal with settings, driver updates, messing about with ensuring the perfect 60/120 FPS experience with the settings dialed *juuuuust* right on for their hardware. They just want to pick up a controller and play the game. And I say this as someone who tends to spend 5 grand every 7-10 years for a new top of the line PC.

Also, "gamers that arent as into the hobby" as you put it are ones who usually simp for one particular brand/platform and dismiss others. Those who are actually into the hobby tend to buy every platform there is and keep an open mind on games of all kinds.

Same.

I'd even go as far as to argue, those that game on console, due so cause they wish to spend most of their time actually gaming vs playing with a series of settings to wonder why the game is whitescreening or (bluescreening) lol I still have notepads with certain changes for lots of games to correct issues to make sure they play right, be like "Turn off V-Sync so BFBC2 doesn't whitescreen" or "turn off VPN and Virus protection while playing Skyrim" etc.

I own many gaming PCs and I also play on consoles, my issues with CP2077 had nothing to do with "console friendly", shit it didn't even have to do with bugs as I'm bought Fallout 3, NV, Fallout 4, Skyrim day 1 knowing they had bugs and I'll buy Starfield day 1 knowing 100% it will have bugs, my issue with CP2077 was its design and messing elements that make zero sense to be missing in 2020 at its release.

Broken, near non-existent AI, cops and bad guys can't drive cars to come after you, but they are trying to tell you how "dangerous" the city is lol Its like it was trying to TELL a narrative it couldn't show and it made the whole game feel cheap and shallow and simply chasing AAA money without AAA quality or function.

That has nothing to do with Console vs PC.

Those features are missing on PC too lol So I don't know why anyone things some gamers view would be different if they played it on PC or console or something, what I don't like about the game, doesn't change on PC... it was never a platform issue for me, it was a design one.

playing eric cartman GIF by South Park

Hence why I said console ONLY. I own everything for example, personally I see those that dont even recognize the unique gaming opportunities on a PC arent as into the hobby. Atleast not enough to be excited about that. And thats fine, it just sucks when those same people have loud...opinions.

I'd ratger listen to the gamer that owns both platforms than the half ass one that owns only 1. Then wants to talk about how 4k 60 should be a standard lol

Same.

I'd even go as far as to argue, those that game on console, due so cause they wish to spend most of their time actually gaming vs playing with a series of settings to wonder why the game is whitescreening or (bluescreening) lol I still have notepads with certain changes for lots of games to correct issues to make sure they play right, be like "Turn off V-Sync so BFBC2 doesn't whitescreen" or "turn off VPN and Virus protection while playing Skyrim" etc.

I own many gaming PCs and I also play on consoles, my issues with CP2077 had nothing to do with "console friendly", shit it didn't even have to do with bugs as I'm bought Fallout 3, NV, Fallout 4, Skyrim day 1 knowing they had bugs and I'll buy Starfield day 1 knowing 100% it will have bugs, my issue with CP2077 was its design and messing elements that make zero sense to be missing in 2020 at its release.

Broken, near non-existent AI, cops and bad guys can't drive cars to come after you, but they are trying to tell you how "dangerous" the city is lol Its like it was trying to TELL a narrative it couldn't show and it made the whole game feel cheap and shallow and simply chasing AAA money without AAA quality or function.

That has nothing to do with Console vs PC.

Those features are missing on PC too lol So I don't know why anyone things some gamers view would be different if they played it on PC or console or something, what I don't like about the game, doesn't change on PC... it was never a platform issue for me, it was a design one.

You EDMIX, also favor skyrim and ubisoft games over the witcher 3. So if you cant comprehend what the witcher does well, you likely wouldnt for cyberpunk either.

So your taste is kinda bro-ish

You prefer mindless sandboxes from what I've seen. Thats why the police a.i. is important to you in CDPR game.

As soon as you said you prefer skyrim, you lost all credibility. You didnt even know what you were playing.

Last edited:

EDMIX

it just sucks when those same people have loud...opinions.

The issues with the game in regards to design and many missing elements and features (as to why they are even fucking adding AI post launch as well as vehicle combat and cops and bad guys finally realizing cars can be used etc)

was never based on console vs PC.

Their opinions are as valid as someone who played it on PC.

edit and stop trying to personal attack people on here as if someone MUST get this or that to address obvious missing features and elements that should be common place with concepts like this.

They wanted to make a lively city, they still need to have features that support the narrative of a lively city, that doesn't have shit to do with Skyrim or Witcher 3 or Ubisoft or anything like that lol

So I'd say something is "mindless" when the fucking Ai is so dumb and brain dead, they can't drive fucking cars to come after you lol

Was that suppose to be smart or superior or? lol

Just stop man. You have thousands of excuses for theses guys lol

Saying the words "skyrim" now means someone lost creditability to something? The context in which it was used was merely an example of issues that exist on PC, so I don't know what to say man, I get liking a fucking game, but this boarders obsessive to the point of beyond any rational reasoning. Someone owning 1 console can't give an opinion on Cyberpunk?

Someone merely saying "Skyrim" can't have one either?

smh, get help man....

Last edited:
The issues with the game in regards to design and many missing elements and features (as to why they are even fucking adding AI post launch as well as vehicle combat and cops and bad guys finally realizing cars can be used etc)

was never based on console vs PC.

Their opinions are as valid as someone who played it on PC.

edit and stop trying to personal attack people on here as if someone MUST get this or that to address obvious missing features and elements that should be common place with concepts like this.

They wanted to make a lively city, they still need to have features that support the narrative of a lively city, that doesn't have shit to do with Skyrim or Witcher 3 or Ubisoft or anything like that lol
It is relevant, because you go on a hate campaign for cyberpunk, yet prefer games that are worse in the same categories of quests, rpg systems, presentation, and even gameplay mechanics.

It gives alot if valuable information about what you overlook in a video game when you say "I hate cyberpunk and the witcher 3 but looove me some Skyrim "

With that I can already tell what kind of game you want those to be. You fucked up by talking about the witcher 3 also, because CP and that have the same focuses in design.

Sorry, dont you prefer AC valhalla? And isnt mgs5 like your favorite Metal Gear?

Notice the trend in taste. Just saying. You dont like story. Just a sandbox of systems so you can fuck around.

Last edited:

EDMIX

is relevant, because you go on a hate campaign for cyberpunk
? I bought Cyberpunk 2077 day 1....

I bought many games day 1 i was hype for, but I'm not going to shill for any fucking company if the game has massive issues and problems, thus...I will voice that.

Was I suppose to have a "love campaign" for it? If they have issues, I will bring it up
It gives alot if valuable information about what you overlook in a video game when you say "I hate cyberpunk and the witcher 3 but looove me some Skyrim "

Nah, its a personal attack trying to ignore this games issues thinking that you can just attack users on here by trying to move the conversation over to something personal to ignore the points being made.

So I bought all 3 games.

I love RPGs, some games did better in some areas, some didn't..

The things wrong with CP2077 have nothing to do with any of that.

Regardless, CP2077 is still a game missing obvious AI and NPC behaviors (as to why this fucking expansion is even adding that) and missing obvious features that are common place in open world games, like cops and bad guys driving cars, that isn't some NEXT GEN, PS6 type thing, that is something so old, PS2 games do it, thus its just for anyone to question how a game released in 2020, in a futurist city, telling us how dangerous the city is, yet lacking AI and a laundry list of features to actually support the city even being lively based on function. So I want the game to be in a city that makes sense to modern game design when a developer tells you its in a city lol That isn't some wild thing to ask for, cause why even add those features in this expansion?

I don't see how liking Skyrim dismisses any of that btw =)

? I bought Cyberpunk 2077 day 1....

I bought many games day 1 i was hype for, but I'm not going to shill for any fucking company if the game has massive issues and problems, thus...I will voice that.

Was I suppose to have a "love campaign" for it? If they have issues, I will bring it up

Nah, its a personal attack trying to ignore this games issues thinking that you can just attack users on here by trying to move the conversation over to something personal to ignore the points being made.

So I bought all 3 games.

I love RPGs, some games did better in some areas, some didn't..

The things wrong with CP2077 have nothing to do with any of that.

Regardless, CP2077 is still a game missing obvious AI and NPC behaviors (as to why this fucking expansion is even adding that) and missing obvious features that are common place in open world games, like cops and bad guys driving cars, that isn't some NEXT GEN, PS6 type thing, that is something so old, PS2 games do it, thus its just for anyone to question how a game released in 2020, in a futurist city, telling us how dangerous the city is, yet lacking AI and a laundry list of features to actually support the city even being lively based on function. So I want the game to be in a city that makes sense to modern game design when a developer tells you its in a city lol That isn't some wild thing to ask for, cause why even add those features in this expansion?

I don't see how liking Skyrim dismisses any of that btw =)

Personal? lol you act like I attacked your family.

I'm just getting past the fluff, and letting you know im aware of your post history, and the same arguments. The games that you laud, lack things that are the core design focus of CDPR games. Thosw arguments contradict themselves when you dont hold other titles to the same standard.

For example you wont fault skyrim for having worst quest variety, storytelling, loot and rpg systems than the witcher 3 and cyberpunk. Thats relevant, because its indicating you dont value those things, you value interactivity and sandboxes of systems. Which skyrim lends more to.

See, I already figured you out on the first post.

Last edited:

EDMIX

I'm just getting past the fluff, and letting you know im aware of your post history,
See, I already figured you out on the first post.
The games that you laud,
Thosw arguments contradict themselves when you dont hold other titles to the same standard.
you wont fault skyrim for having worst quest variety, sto

my god, I've never seen someone attempt to avoid the main topic of a thread this badly to just personal attack.

smh, I hope you like the game, but I can't ignore so many missing features that make sense in a open world game telling us they are in the future, yet not reflecting that in function or gameplay elements. Me buying a game, doesn't mean I'll ignore its issues or something, but it seems thats really hard for some to understand, even in light of those features literally being put in this expansion for the very same reason I stated they should have been in the game day 1, which ironically means even the team you are praising, may not agree with your points if clearly they adding better AI, cops and bad guys driving cars and shooting at you etc.

That sounds like it makes sense for a game like this, but that sounded like it made sense to have in 2020, thus they are adding it now so...... its like some of you are triggered cause them adding this 1000% supports it always made sense for this game to pretend some of us were just asking for some GTA clone or some shit lol Guess CDPR disagrees with you lol

We got to add you on that block list Haz, this is just waaaaay too off topic and irrelevant to the point.

Last edited:
my god, I've never seen someone attempt to avoid the main topic of a thread this badly to just personal attack.

smh, I hope you like the game, but I can't ignore so many missing features that make sense in a open world game telling us they are in the future, yet not reflecting that in function or gameplay elements. Me buying a game, doesn't mean I'll ignore its issues or something, but it seems thats really hard for some to understand, even in light of those features literally being put in this expansion for the very same reason I stated they should have been in the game day 1, which ironically means even the team you are praising, may not agree with your points if clearly they adding better AI, cops and bad guys driving cars and shooting at you etc.

That sounds like it makes sense for a game like this, but that sounded like it made sense to have in 2020, thus they are adding it now so......

We got to add you on that block list Haz, this is just waaaaay too off topic and irrelevant to the point.
They are adding it now based upon request, it wasnt a massive part of their design focus initially. Clearly. Just like it isn't for the witcher

I could argue you're ignoring that I'm presenting the traits of one open world game you love, versus the one you hate. Presenting how the games have different design focuses, and that you also hated the other critically acclaimed game they made, because you want the design focus to be around something that wasn't their own

You bring up open world games that do the a.i. interaction, but those same games dont do what CDPR does either. Hence the acclaim. But you dont VALUE what CDPR does well. Thats all.

By the way alot of people bought the game day 1 because they thought it was a GTA like. And got pissed when they found out it was designed like the witcher 3. Whodathunkit. So buyibg it day 1 doesnt mean anything

And go ahead, I ve seen you block alot of people you argued with so im not surprised lol

Last edited:

ShaiKhulud1989

Gold Member
I'm really in love with the base game (despite it's disater of a launch and my initial gripes with it) and I'm so hyped for both DLC and overhaul. The list of changes sound sublime, especially the RPG system makeover. Current one is broken on a core level (both the skills and itemization) and it's so nice ot see that CDPR fully commited to changing that aspect.

But this whole situation is a glaring proof of how unfinished CP2077 was. It baked 3 full years in the oven to finally shine, and that's kinda sad in retrospect.

Last edited:

EDMIX

I'm really in love with the base game (despite it's disater of a launch and my initial gripes with it) and I'm so hyped for both DLC and overhaul. The list of changes sound sublime, especially the RPG system makeover. Current one is broken on a core level (both the skills and itemization) and it's so nice ot see that CDPR fully commited to changing that aspect.

But this whole situation is a glaring proof of ho unfinished CP2077 was. It baked 3 full years in the oven to finally shine, and that's kinda sad in retrospect.

Truth.

I hope they do some definitive edition that is like a re-release that has everything in 1 package or something.

Its not feasible for anyone of us who already beat it, to get a new "first time" impression of the game, all I can hope for is I forget enough of it by mid to late next year to have a solid playthrough with all of the functions actually complete. So I don't see me playing it again for a bit and no game should be releasing as some early access thing piecemealing out major features like this years later, that is a day 1 thing, I'd even rather the game just not come out until they work out those issues.

I'm happy for those who never played this yet lol They get to play something far better and complete that makes sense to modern gaming by the time they jump in with this expansion.

Gambit2483

That's what I figured they were doing.
This is basically their "real" vision for what Cyberpunk should've been at launch.

They are basically using Phantom Liberty to redeem themselves and rebuild the Cyberpunk 2077 brand (coming off the great reception of the Anime)

Last edited:

Gambit2483

Truth.

I hope they do some definitive edition that is like a re-release that has everything in 1 package or something.

Its not feasible for anyone of us who already beat it, to get a new "first time" impression of the game, all I can hope for is I forget enough of it by mid to late next year to have a solid playthrough with all of the functions actually complete. So I don't see me playing it again for a bit and no game should be releasing as some early access thing piecemealing out major features like this years later, that is a day 1 thing, I'd even rather the game just not come out until they work out those issues.

I'm happy for those who never played this yet lol They get to play something far better and complete that makes sense to modern gaming by the time they jump in with this expansion.

I'm only 15 hrs or so into the base game when it relaunched on PS5. I'm seriously considering just doing a fresh restart. Either way, I can't wait to see how they have improved the game even further

Last edited:

EDMIX

I'm only 15 hrs or so into the base game when it relaunched on PS5. I'm seriously considering just doing a fresh restart. Either way, I can't wait to see how they have improved the game even further

Do a fresh restart when this expansion comes out, trust me...what you think might get better, doesn't really and many things are lacking and by the time you are done, you wish you waited lol

If this is as great as they are saying, I think you should do a fresh restart when this comes out and don't cheat yourself out of what can be a better experience.

In the end, I didn't feel it was worth it and maybe you should see the rest of the game after this update to have a better playthrough, thats just my thoughts on it though.

When I read overhaul I kind of hoped for a third person mode and to see your character more in cutscenes. Probably being too unrealistic in my hopes there.

I liked the game since release because I didn't fall for the hype. And now the same people are hyping themselves up only to be disappointed again. It's like they live for it LOL.

Teslerum

Yep, reminds of Final Fantasy 15 I literally didn't get around to playing it till square basically said enough is enough and stopped the production of DLC they kept improving it over and over and over. But I was happy I finally did.
I mean they stopped it at the point where they weren't really improving it anymore. The whole Dawn of the Future DLC line was retcons and straight up rewriting the ending (though part of the Aranea DLC would have benefitted the game. Scrap the stupid child though.)

Prompto, Ignis and Gladio's DLC were ok before that.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
Curious to see some of the impacts of this kind of rebuild. Surely, they'd need to - effectively - re-do portions of the base game to accommodate changes of this depth and magnitude?

many ppl think ps4 and xbox one were good machines, they were terrible. and cyberpunk showed the truth behind them, they could not handle the game, simple as that. cyberpunk with all the bells and whistles on PC is incredible looking, so now with next gen hardware its actually believable that all thees things are achivable.
What universe did you guys come from where Red Dead Redemption 2 never came out on PS4 and XBO?

Also HazukiSensei HazukiSensei when did you start playing video games? It couldn't have been the 90s. Over 90% of the legendary games that this entire forum wants remakes, sequels, and ports of, came out on consoles back then.

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
So they are patching their game for what is most likely cool but kind of obligatory things (bare minimum for the police system, dynamic events, pedestrian just... actually reacting, vehicle combat etc etc...)and I'm supposed to be hyped?
Seriously, fuck them. It's too late I already finished the game and I have no desire to replay it even with those "enhancement" that should've been in at release.

AND YES, i played on PC maxed out (minus RTX) and it was awful. It's still really bugged too in fact as I just tried it a month ago, jumped into a vehicle and ended glitching through the road after 200m and I honestly was fascinated by how broken it steel is.

So they ask for 30e? I say give it to every person who pre-ordered the game. Simple.

NickFire

I think I’m gonna start over when expansion drops (Or few months later when it’s cheap). By the end this will be one of best play time vs dollars spent deals in history for those who got dirt cheap and wired for current gen upgrade.

RavageX

Dont and wont believe it till i see it on the wild. Games make me sad these days, cant believe a damn thing until they are in your hands.

Lol....in the days of old, word of mouth was solid. A friend told you a game was good, it was. Most game magazines told the truth.

Now....buncha lies just to get free shit. Or views. Or whatever.

Heisenberg007

Gold Journalism
Very nice. This almost sounds like a new game at this point. I still haven't purchased it because I was hoping for updates like this one. Now I can play my first playthrough in the best possible way.

3 questions:
  1. When will these updates be available to the base game?
  2. Are these base game updates exclusive to the next-gen version?
  3. Will only expansion owners get these updates to the base game?

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
That sounds pretty good.

The fairly lame AI and uninteresting build & loot system made me lose interest in my playthrough attempt.
So I might give this another go once that update comes out.

hyperbertha

no, this time its actually believable cause its not on shitty ass generic ass POS hardware that was the ps4 and xbox one. many ppl think ps4 and xbox one were good machines, they were terrible. and cyberpunk showed the truth behind them, they could not handle the game, simple as that. cyberpunk with all the bells and whistles on PC is incredible looking, so now with next gen hardware its actually believable that all thees things are achivable.
This is exactly it. The consoles ruined cyberpunk.

Boss Mog

I'm definitely happy to see the focus on artificial intelligence and actually having police chases. (welcome to 2001)

To those that had 101 excuses for these features to be missing, you cannot be excited about these features yet at the same time trying to dismiss what many of us were saying about their absence in the 1st place.

I played 100 hours and never really had any interaction with the police whatsoever other than scripted ones, so the Police AI and how they popped in was never an issue for me. If you don't kill civilians the police never bothers you; they don't care if you kill bad guys. CyberPunk isn't GTA and I'm not 12 so I'm not going around killing civilians for fun to see what the police response is. This is not an excuse it's just the truth, the police was basically a non-issue if you played the game "normally".

Bkdk

Almost 3 years for an expansion, I don’t know how others feel, but at the time after their messy release, I was hoping them to just learn from it and move on to new content right away. They spent a lot of time to kind of fix the game but I’d rather play more new content and titles quicker despite kind of disappointed by cyberpunk.

EDMIX

I played 100 hours and never really had any interaction with the police whatsoever other than scripted ones, so the Police AI and how they popped in was never an issue for me. If you don't kill civilians the police never bothers you; they don't care if you kill bad guys. CyberPunk isn't GTA and I'm not 12 so I'm not going around killing civilians for fun to see what the police response is. This is not an excuse it's just the truth, the police was basically a non-issue if you played the game "normally".

It's not about it being like GTA btw, it's about it being like a world that actually makes sense in terms of cause-and-effect.

It could open up so many narratives I find it hilarious that some of you are closing the door to this despite it only Increasing all the things they could do with the games story and narrative. Like the quest regarding the corrupt police officers could have simply been them pulling you over and then trying to plant something in your car. And let's say a dialog tree opens up where they to make you pay some sort of bribe to remove the item.

So I understand the way you played you might have seen it as a non issue, But I don't really think there is a real defense of pretending it doesn't add something to a game trying to convince you it's a lively open world.

Imagine stealing something, get sent to their jails and a quest opens up for you to join a gang cause they see you are "about that life". This isn't about making it like GTA (its a bad excuse as it pretends crime and cops driving cars was invented by GTA or something lol) this is about making it like the very narrative its trying to pass off.

Its one thing to "tell" as story about a city like this, its another to actually have those elements fully playable and allow the user to merely experience how bad the city actually is thru the gameplay. I just don't really buy that any of you will be upset or mad if the expansion or Cyberpunk 2078 adds any this, all this will do is create even more opportunities for great experiences.

KyoZz KyoZz and Rush2112 Rush2112 I also agree that this...maybe should have been free. This to me isn't really and "addition" type thing, its elements that are too core to have been missing in the first place, AI, cops and bad guys driving cars and shooting from a car isn't an "additional" type thing, it sounds like a core element that should have been in this game day 1. Yet this is the thing many would bash EA or Ubisoft for, yet its CDPR that are doing it, even with 2042, the maps should have been fixed, the game should have launched with voice support and it should have had the score board, imagine if they just tried to charge people for some "expansion" for those very features acting as if they are providing you an extra lol

If anything, I feel those BASE features they are fixing should be free and the story expansion stuff should be paid for, I have nothing against that, but the elements they are adding shouldn't be a fucking 3 year type wait thing for Ai lol

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

This is exactly it. The consoles ruined cyberpunk.
CDPR chasing money and much larger market share of last-gen ruined Cyberpunk. They could have made a decision not to develop for last-gen but what choice did they have? They make SP games that are on sale after 6 months, Gwent was not bringing the money and was shut down, it’s probably GOG that is keeping the company afloat.

Top Bottom