• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 Gigantic 2.0 Update is coming out on 21st September, Five Days Before Phantom Liberty | New Trailers Revealed

CGNoire

Where the fuck is the lighting gone when firing weapons?

Neither the police nor there VTOL is generating any light. Wtf?

So much for OD mode.

Last edited:

StereoVsn

The game was a real fail for me so I hope they like really, really improved the questlines to be more coherent and vastly improved travel or I’ll never get through it. The world was like 96% closed doors and mindless clones walking about so I’d really need to be able to lock into missions. It lacked the good world building of Witcher games so hacking your way through the story of your character was everything.
Don't think any of that is changing. You can expect better police AI and maybe new expansion district quest lines have been made better, but everything else is not changing.

Rambone

Looking forward to playing. I rarely do the story missions, I mostly drive around exploring, mowing down thugs along the way and taking their loot to sell at kiosks. Been doing this off and on now since the game released.

Xtib81

I really hope it's a beefy expansion. I remember the story in the base game to be surprisingly short.

Last edited:

BouncyFrag

Is the DLC unlocked after the main story or does it unlock at some point?
I have the game but had been waiting for this update to dive in.

hussar16

I just want street cred to mean something. Seems like the devs don't even know what theyr game is. Missions amd many other things should be locked until street cred is high enough. Make me work for it.

Hudo

I could probably play offline. Does this have any important online features?
I don't think so. They had planned some sort of elaborate multiplayer component for the game but then proceeded to cancel it amidst the whole launch clusterfuck.

GHG

Deleted my modded version and doing a clean install for this. Going in raw.

Getting Ready Episode 2 GIF by The Office

Filben

I hope they'll implement proper DualSense support on PC with this update and expansion this time. Had to use mods to get the PS5 experience/rumble feedback on PC; but this mod will probably won't work on 2.0/PL release.

DeaDPo0L84

Gonna rush through the rest of the Starfield campaign by next thursday to be ready for the 2.0 drop. Then try and finish my current second playthrough before the expansion drops, super excited.

Wimbledon

I'm not really interested in the game. But WOW this should be a movie, Idris Elba killed this, i would love to see him in a lead role in movies that fit this setting and aesthetic

SJRB

Gold Member
Extremely pumped for this.

I fucking love Cyberpunk. The revamped main game, the new radio stations, Phantom Liberty, there's so much good stuff coming.

Even upgraded my GPU recently just for this game to be able to play this on optimal visual settings.

Roni

Gold Member
Extremely pumped for this.

I fucking love Cyberpunk. The revamped main game, the new radio stations, Phantom Liberty, there's so much good stuff coming.

Even upgraded my GPU recently just for this game to be able to play this on optimal visual settings.
The hype is real, so glad CDPR didn't let us down on this title. They have faltered, but they have yet to fail.

Hestar69

I will probably wait however many years after launch to play this, as I did for Witcher 3.

I have yet to play Witcher 3
LOL

same but I've only played like 10 hrs and own it on ps4,xb1 & Steam [/spoilers]

Last edited:

Raven117

Dude, played cyberpunk last year… and it’s a damn fine game.

With these changes… cdprojekt might be back to full form. Don’t know until we play it, but it’s hitting all the right notes so far.

I’m ready for the CDProjextRed redemption arc!

They already have an updated build calculator:

Good for someone like me who hasn't played.
Assuming these perks actually work (unlike launch where a bunch of them did nothing lmao) then wow, it looks like they really will affect gameplay quite a bit.

EDIT: Nevermind. It's actually pointless to plan a build unless I see what the attribute requirements are for cyberware now. I'm kinda annoyed that smart weapons fall under Int now instead of Tech since I typically use Int as a dump stat. Although looking at what Cool has now, it might be my new dump stat unless since they removed Cold Blood. Then again is there news on whether we can have a Sandy/Berserk and a cyberdeck at the same time now? If we still can't then it might be pointless to pump Int at the same time as Body/Reflex.

Last edited:

fart town usa

Gold Member
Man this game is a mess but I'll check it out for sure.

UI/Menu revamp has me really curious. I always thought the menus were really obtuse.

Kinda weird they focused on combat heavy builds, as I usually try to be as stealthy as possible and find different routes to tackle situations. I always felt that was the focus of everything encourage or mission (try not to escalate). A bit of a shame they didn't build that part out better, as it's still janky.

I always hoped to move towards more open-ended Immersive Sim design, less diablo looter shooter stats grinding.

This!

Can someone tell me which are the things you can only get via the expansion?

Is the expansion just the new area and story and everything else they've discussed will be free for everyone with update 2.0?

Or is there more that you only get with expansion such as certain weapons, perks, etc. I know pre ordering you get a couple items like a car, skins, etc

GymWolf

I don't know what to do.

I have 2 runs, a completed one with a male character (that i prefer when it comes to roleplay for obvious reasons) where i was positive with the johnny character, and a second one with a female character where i'm being negative with the metal arm idiot (and i vastly prefer to roleplay this way).

So now i have 2 run where i don't have the optimal roleplay (male and trashing johnny), do you think that your choices are gonna be important in the dlc?

I can't do a third character, i would burn out before the dlc even comes out.

I don't really remember the status quo after you complete the game, is johnny still there with you if you chose the agree with him?

Last edited:

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I don't know what to do.

I have 2 runs, a completed one with a male character (that i prefer when it comes to roleplay for obvious reasons) where i was positive with the johnny character, and a second one with a female character where i'm being negative with the metal arm idiot (and i vastly prefer to roleplay this way).

So now i have 2 run where i don't have the optimal roleplay (male and trashing johnny), do you think that your choices are gonna be important in the dlc?

I can't do a third character, i would burn out before the dlc even comes out.

I don't really remember the status quo after you complete the game, is johnny still there with you if you chose the agree with him?

You can create a new character and start from the DLC, same as it was with The Witcher.

Denton

No. You need to progress the main story a little bit before you can start the Phantom Liberty story.
No, you can jump straight into Phantom Liberty. The game will provide you a "save" that's already in the needed part of the story.
What's the deal with the expansion, how far into the original story do you have to be?
Having met Voodoo Boys. But as noted above, you can jump right in without having a save ready.

GymWolf

You can create a new character and start from the DLC, same as it was with The Witcher.
I think you have to reach a not so early point in the story to start the dlc.

And if you can just jump on the dlc, i would not have any cool shit like weapons and implants, i didn't wanted to go full virgin into the dlc if they actually improved the challenge.

But it seems like the only solution...

Top Bottom