• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cyberpunk 2077 2.0 features overview trailer / New Ways to Play

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Version 2.0 of the game and new DLC 'Phantom Liberty' is coming September 26th. I'm personally happy that they focused on the best aspect of the game: combat and different ways you can approach combat scenarios. Here's a list of all new features:

• A dangerous new district
  • Dozens of new story quests & gigs
  • Vehicle combat & mounted weaponry
  • Revamped police system
  • Combat AI overhaul
  • Endless dynamic events & missions
  • Redesigned cyberware & perks
  • All-new relic skill tree & abilities
  • Increased level cap
  • 100+ new items - weapons, cyberware & fashion

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Hopefully the game is gonna have some sort of balance this time.

This will be the second or third time they're re-doing skill tree and perks system. It's actually kind of funny. Or sad. Or both.

Is it confirm the QOL like AI overhaul will apply to base game?

Yes, all these features apply to the base game. One thing I'm not sure about is if the new district will be accessible without purchasing the DLC.

Edit: this is official statement from CDRP:

Some of these features will be also added to the base game — as part of Update 2.0 which will be available on the current-gen consoles and PC!

They use 'some' but a logical thing would be to assume that everything that has to do with the game's logic will be carried to the base game. So things like AI, vehicle combat, skill tree changes etc.

Last edited:

Bojji

The fact that it took them 3 years to finalize their vision of what was originally promised says a lot about their management….

But I look forward to seeing what they have fixed since I played it earlier this year.

Many of this stuff wasn't in their "vision". Police Ai overhaul is based on (some) people constant bitching that it doesn't work like in GTA, when in reality it doesn't have much (or at all) impact on main gameplay (doing quests).

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
Many of this stuff wasn't in their "vision". Police Ai overhaul is based on (some) people constant bitching that it doesn't work like in GTA, when in reality it doesn't have much (or at all) impact on main gameplay (doing quests).

No, but in an open world RPG the more random and radiant AI you have, the better the game becomes. Not having AI for police and vehicle chases limited the potential for missions in Cyberpunk drastically. The potential for random, funny shit that can happen will increase tenfold with the new update.

EDMIX

The fact that it took them 3 years to finalize their vision of what was originally promised says a lot about their management….

But I look forward to seeing what they have fixed since I played it earlier this year.

This.

Its still not even near the claims they made originally, which makes you wonder if it even ever existed in the first place. A strong pass

Too many actually, real RPGs releasing this year. Maybe in 3 more years they can get us factions that actually work and real RPG elements. Be like "we leave the complete games to others" lol
This will be the second or third time they're re-doing skill tree and perks system. It's actually kind of funny. Or sad. Or both.

Yes, all these features apply to the base game. One thing I'm not sure about is if the new district will be accessible without purchasing the DLC.

Edit: this is official statement from CDRP:

They use 'some' but a logical thing would be to assume that everything that has to do with the game's logic will be carried to the base game. So things like AI, vehicle combat, skill tree changes etc.

With the horseshit they pulled off with this scam, yes...it should be ALL vs "some". This game went from a deep RPG to Great Value Amazon Basics Far Cry with less functions. So we can take nothing at face value with this developer, probably ever. They lost that right when they lied to people about this game.

I'll check out the dlc 2025. (They asses haven't even earned a 2024, I'd rather the focus be on studios that put out complete work next year, not DLC of what should have been day 1) If its running fine, working and many of those feature returned, I might check it out in a few years, but a lot of that has to do with how this turns out for them.

MidGenRefresh MidGenRefresh I mean shit, it basically is in early access. I get adding help to update a game, theses guys are not "updating" shit, they are literally still fucking making CORE ELEMENTS of the game and using gamers as guinea pigs. I told people this years ago, the longer it takes for that content to come out, the more it confirms this company was lying about those features. This doesn't sound like a simple patch here or update there....this is literally core elements missing from a game like fucking AI.

Thats not some dlc type feature and its ironic that its coming from the team that was talking so much shit about other companies, only to know be known forever for this entire clusterfuck. Who knows, maybe most of us would have been more positive if they were just fucking honest about their issues and put it out as some early access type thing. The games problems are not my real issue, its the company lying about those core elements and its actual design basically being NOTHING like what was talked about for years.

Look at Starfield, both of theses games talk about actual factions, only 1 of theses games seems to actually, LITERALLY have that as we know it to be in a RPG. So it seems they tried to sell people this idea that they simply couldn't deliver.

They both might say you can be this or that, clearly in Starfield those statements sound literally and truthful and not merely some "lore" excuse.

Last edited:

klosos

Come on , the base game was great. i loved it, played it on PC 3 playthroughs already. This is day one for me. ill start a brand new Vee and go through it all again. I think ill pick it up on PS5 for the platinum trophy .

I don't think so. CDRP is more interested in telling their story, not in giving you options to tell your own story. Their RPG games are less RP with every year. Focus clearly is on action and cinematic qualities.
I know this . The original game was miss sold as something that would offer this. The game as supposed to have branching story paths and side quests that would affect the world and ending. 😂

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey

Did you play Witcher 1 when it came out? I did and trust me this is not even a blip on the radar.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
I know this . The original game was miss sold as something that would offer this. The game as supposed to have branching story paths and side quests that would affect the world and ending. 😂

Yeah and you can tell this was the original vision for the game just by looking at this decision tree. The first act and 'The Pickup' mission offers a lot of choice. Automatic Love also offers some choice and I believe it's the only main mission where you can avoid conflict and talk your way out. Then it becomes a straight line all the way to the end with the difference in ending being tied to what side missions you decided to do.

If the whole game would be like the first act it would be amazing.

sjwfcpkmu5y61.png

source

Yeah, it kind of feels like the game is coming from Steam Early Access phase.
I've had this mindset since day 1 and the debacle that day was. Been waiting almost 3 years to play this properly once and for all, and it's gonna be a bitch to wait a couple months after the dlc releases (for fixes and mods).

The gpu I bought specially for this game will finally be put to work again. Can't believe cyberpunk has gone through 3 dlss revisions lol

Drizzlehell

Banned
That seems like less than I expected but still pretty nice. Maybe driving around the city won't feel as dull anymore but it doesn't look like they addressed the problem with extremely brief and repetitive combat encounters when clearing out the NCPD dispatcher activities. There are so fucking many of them littered around the map, but they get old so fast because those enemies typically don't pose any challenge and don't require any tactical approach either. You just pull over, press mouse 1 for 20 seconds, and move on.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Tempting to do another playthrough, not touched it since I finished it at launch. Seems like a good excuse.

Depends how deep Starfield goes, got a feeling that'll overlap.

Skifi28

Police Ai overhaul is based on (some) people constant bitching that it doesn't work like in GTA, when in reality it doesn't have much (or at all) impact on main gameplay (doing quests).
The problem was not that it wasn't working like GTA, but that it wasn't working at all. There's no point including a system just for the sake of including it. Either don't include it at all, or make it functional and not immersion breaking.

Last edited:
Yeah and you can tell this was the original vision for the game just by looking at this decision tree. The first act and 'The Pickup' mission offers a lot of choice. Automatic Love also offers some choice and I believe it's the only main mission where you can avoid conflict and talk your way out. Then it becomes a straight line all the way to the end with the difference in ending being tied to what side missions you decided to do.

If the whole game would be like the first act it would be amazing.

sjwfcpkmu5y61.png

source
Yup I never even finished it due to how bad it thought the main story was in terms of choice. Also looking at that picture, is the main quest really that short? Let's say you're on a second play through and skip the cutscenes. We talking 3 hours top ?

GymWolf

I must be the only one who doesn't care about the police system or car combat in an open world structured like cyberpunk.

I don't think the game has the level of animations, IA, ragdoll, randomness and quirkness and tone to make police chase gameplay or just causing chaos in the world as fun as games like gta or saints row.

I'm never gonna run around the streets and running over people with my car in cyberpunk because i feel like it's not where the game shine.

This was the excuse people used when the game didn't had a police system but i always felt like they were partially right, the game is just not structured like a gta or far cry where chaos is part of the fun.

timothet

Well, they simultaneously were developing sizable game expansion. It's not like the whole studio were working on improving base game..

Edit:

Here for example you have their team distribution year after CP2077 launch:
0x0.jpg

Last edited:
can't wait! already preordered Phantom Liberty.

everything is going on hold for this. fuck baldurs gate, totk, armored core, and starfield.

MidGenRefresh

*Refreshes biennially
How do you explain a 'stealth under water' perk with absolutely no enemy encampment approachable from the water if not with lack of a central design idea?

Trust me, I will not even try to defend this game. But saying that there was absolutely 0 design behind it, is just being mean.

Also, there were some gigs / police things around water. The one with yacht comes to mind. But yeah, that perk was pretty much useless. Fallout 4 also had similar perk, useless in that game as well.

Edit: and similar thing in original Deus Ex. Conclusion: water related perks are useless.

Last edited:

Aaron Olive

Did you play Witcher 1 when it came out? I did and trust me this is not even a blip on the radar.
No but I played 3 and loved it.
Well, they simultaneously were developing sizable game expansion. It's not like the whole studio were working on improving base game..

Edit:

Here for example you have their team distribution year after CP2077 launch:
0x0.jpg
I’m not even concerned about the DLC it’s the mismanagement of core elements and bug squashing that should have been day one.

But maybe that’s Julia’s area seeing as she is part of the gameplay design team.
itJOjVG.jpg

They could have learned from that, makes me hopeful Cyberpunk was a huge blow to them
Hopefully but CEO’s don’t believe fat meat is greasy!

Last edited:
No, but in an open world RPG the more random and radiant AI you have, the better the game becomes. Not having AI for police and vehicle chases limited the potential for missions in Cyberpunk drastically. The potential for random, funny shit that can happen will increase tenfold with the new update.
I wanted Deus Ex not GTA.

I was hoping to see more improvements on the interactive side, such as maybe seeing your character more in cutscenes/dialogue.

The way some people tweeted about this yesterday you would think it was a total revamp with third person etc.

Top Bottom